[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between the Norman Osborn personality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 665427-maspot037_drkr_cov.jpg (104 KB, 675x960) Image search: [Google]
665427-maspot037_drkr_cov.jpg
104 KB, 675x960
What's the difference between the Norman Osborn personality and the Green Goblin personality?
>>
>>77931986
This.
Ok, thread over.
>>
>>77930887
non, both are just different personas projected by the same maniacal man
>>
>>77930887

It really depends on your source material.
I like to take the Tobey MacGuire series as (mostly) canon for that paradigm.

Gobbie started out as a mental distortion of Norman's personality due to the circumstances of his creation. But as the Goblins machinations are made apparent, Norman becomes more and more aligned with the new part of himself, and becomes a symbiotic relationship. Remember for the first part he wasnt even fully self aware. But by the end, he was switching personalities at will (even tactically to throw off Spidey). I feel like its the most realistic way to pull off a kind-of-dickish but well-intentioned dad turned evil mastermind psychopath. But I'd love to hear a few other takes on it.
>>
>>77933447
I love the idea that Osborn is an evil man, but Goblin is a supervillain.

Osborn would LOVE to go about his subtle, evil schemes, become president, etc., but the goblin persona inevitably surfaces and he sabotages himself dressing like an elf and destroying a city block.
>>
>>77933512
Isn't that canon? I mean, Ellisbolts, Dark Avengers, and most of Dark Reign had that as an implication, and eventually had people from Doctor Doom to Spider-Man flat out state that his mental problems (read: the Green Goblin) are preventing him from playing with the big boys as much as he could.
>>
>>77933512

Aaand in the comics we see this a lot more.

Norman seems like an evil mastermind with a Thanatos speedchess complex, but when Gobbie intervenes Spidey can always take advantage of his insanity...
>>
>>77930887
Goblin is everything Norman wants to do without any subtlety.
>>
>>77930887

Norman is Lawful evil, the Goblin is chaotic evil.
>>
>>77933711
>>77933663
Besides Dark Reign when has Green Goblin ever come off as more crazy than Norman?
>>
>>77933512
>>77933663
>>77933711
I really want this to be presented in the MCU eventually but I want Bryan Cranston but he'll be too old to play Norman and Gobby
>>
>>77933833
Ellis Thunderbolts
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 550x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 550x302
>>77930887
Norman is Lex, the high functioning sociopath who deludes himself into thinking he has good reasons for doing what he does, and that he has a greater awareness of the threat heroes represent. Goblin is Joker, a psychopath who just wants to hurt Spider-Man. One thing I love is hoe seeing Peter always causes both personalities to lose their self-control.
>>
There originally was no split personalities, it just seemed like there was because Norman kept getting amnesia.
>>
>>77930887
One likes to throw women off a bridge and the other likes to rape them.
>>
>>77933884
I love this page.
>>
>>77934456
>rape
this is either b8 or you're a casual who doesn't read the books you talk about
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.