[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was she the worst recurring character in the series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: sandi.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sandi.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Was she the worst recurring character in the series?
>>
File: Disgust.png (42 KB, 125x131) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.png
42 KB, 125x131
>>77881423
She certainly annoyed me
>>
>>77881423
The hell was up with that accent?

It's like the VA was trying to do a Valley Girl-type accent but she had a head cold and it came out congested.
>>
>>77883892
that's a mixture of valley and canadian (compare tommy chong)
why a texan talks like that, no idea
also keep in mind the daria cast were pulled from a local performing arts school, they werent really professionals. Given that, they were pretty impressive.
>>77881423
she was pretty bad, but not as bad as ms barch and ms li. Not sure which one is worse actually.. one obsessively and openly misandrist, the other basically kim jong il in charge of a school (and tolerates the former in her employ)
>>
File: daria-4.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
daria-4.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>77881423
>Was she the worst recurring character in the series?

nope
>>
Upchuck, Monique, Andrea, all of Jane's family, Ms Barch
>>
>>77885639
hey the lanes arent so bad. well the kids are. well i guess that's their parents' fault so they are too. hey did you k now jane lane is a historical figure's name
>>
>>77885178
>the daria cast were pulled from a local performing arts school

It definitely made the cast sound distinct, in a good way
>>
>>77885639
I thought Trent was all right, if a little lazy.
>Jane: Well it wasn't the apology I was hoping for, but you know what they say about beggers.
>Trent: That they'll only spend it on booze?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 75x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 75x194
I dislike people with an attitude like hers, but I liked her since I watched her dancing in the 2nd episode. I also liked her better with the clothes in pic related.

I think I would endure her bitch behavior just to get my dick soaked in her superior vaginal juices.
>>
>>77886563
You would be her beta bitch. You just know she couldn't get a BF in college because she was such a horrid bitch and she went full feminazi.
>>
>>77886761
>feminazi
not in the late 90s she didnt. not in college. she was a gold-digger through and through.
She continues to milk men for cash until her looks go, at which point she realizes she hasnt saved up enough to buy poolboys and then i don't know what happens
>>
>>77886953
In all honesty, I think the closing credits to "It is college yet?" had it right. I can totally see her being a madam running high class call girls for Hollywood A listers.
>>
>>77887043
oh god, those poor whores and their fragile self-esteem
>>
>>77881423
I thought she was pretty funny, I dunno. Worst is obviously Tom.
>>
>>77888683
She'll do the same thing to them that she does to Stacy.
>>
>>77888926
>>77885379
What was so bad about Tom?
>>
>>77890722
nothing. people are way too hard on him. he was just kinda bland.
the fact that other characters became idiots when he was around is hardly his fault. it's the writing
>>
>>77885639
Mrs Barch was awful. Such a straw... woman.
>>
Reminder that any episode that has both Brittany and Jodie is GOAT tier.
>>
File: 1448089705483.jpg (457 KB, 708x900) Image search: [Google]
1448089705483.jpg
457 KB, 708x900
I want to cuddle Stacy.
>>
>>77890771
Tom wasn't bad at all, but he really was more of a plot device than a character.
>>
>>77894882
the irony being that daria had that weird mistaken impression that he was treating HER as more of a convenience than a person
>>
>>77894999
well, Daria was kinda a self important cunt.
>>
>>77883892

I thought it was supposed to be some kind of Hispanic accent.
>>
>>77881423
>>77882084
I thought she was funny
>>
>>77897138
She was Quinn's central foil. The Manipulative bitch that makes Quinn's life difficult.
>>
>>77885178
It's not set in Texas. Daria is just from there.
>>
>a bad character is a character who does things I don't like
You have to be 18 yadda yadda.
>>
>>77898534
Can confirm, researched this last night. Daria moved from Highland to ((some New England state)).

Tho I like to imagine Daria is set in a suburb outside of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio or Austin. It isn't though. Nothing ever will be.
>>
>>77881423
The fashion club is the only really funny part of Daria.
>>
>>77901476
You still have My Life as Liz! It's almost similar to Daria and was even made by those mtv people too.
>>
File: sad.png (410 KB, 1202x900) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
410 KB, 1202x900
>tfw no Daria gf
>>
>>77885178
>also keep in mind the daria cast were pulled from a local performing arts school
Wait, even the Ultimate Muscle guy?
>>
>>77901476
Koth not enough?
>>
>>77890771
Being bland is the worst thing a character can be.
>>
>>77901476
they sure as fuck had an easy time driving to cowboyland in that one episode. are you sure? I mean Lawndale seemed KIND OF newenglandy, but also very ruralish in other ways
>>
>>77901680
oh my god kevin WAS kinnikuman jr wasnt he
>>
File: 1421172637111.jpg (195 KB, 900x1298) Image search: [Google]
1421172637111.jpg
195 KB, 900x1298
>>77901676
girls are for girls
>>
>>77901476
Wherever it is it has to be within 5 - 6 hours driving distance from Boston. That shoots down where I thought it was set. I was thinking somewhere in Ohio, but I don't think you could get to Boston in 4 - 6 hours from Ohio
>>
>>77902357
I guess every place has hick towns.
>>
>>77906303
full of actual cowboys what with the hats and belt buckles and such? And referring to themselves as cowboys? i mean shit, it was.. what, a 4 hour drive?
oh well shows like this are never that realistic with regards to setting.
>>
Just watched the episode where she broke her leg and got fat. She ALMOST became just a bit humanized in that episode.
>>
>>77906572
She kinda fucked up manipulating Quinn to quit the fashion club, it basically forced Stacy to grow a bit of a backbone and changed the power dynamic in the fashion club afterward.
>>
>>77885178
Li was obsessed with making money for the school and Barch was reacting way too strongly towards something that happened in her past. They both had extreme issues and both probably did more harm to others than Sandi, but both of them still have character defining, humanizing reasons for being the way they were. Sandi was just the biggest bitch she could be because she thought she was entitled to be one.
>>
>>77906664
Yeah, watching the episode that follows it now. The fashion club is acting more democratically in this one and Sandi is actually approving of other people's ideas and giving compliments, so maybe she did actually grow a bit. This is my first time watching the series, so I don't know how everything develops yet.
>>
>>77890722
He wasn't Trent.
>>
>>77907083
The show creator said if you were shipping Daria and Trent, you weren't paying attention to what they were trying to do with the two characters. Trent was pretty much Daria having a schoolgirl crush, which she got over.

>>77907012
I read a pretty interesting essay about Quinn as a character and part of it dealt with the power dynamic between Quinn and Sandi. It cited the post-fat Sandi fashion club meeting as Quinn pretty much besting Sandi. iirc it was the last time Sandi was able to manipulate Quinn.
>>
>>77907186
schoolgirl crushes have validity. she recognized traits in him that are appealing compared to the other males she's surrounded by
the unfortunate fact that he ended up being inadequate in other ways (that arent his own fault, society is just ass, which daria agrees with) notwithstanding, she never met anyone better, and likely never will. Just like the rest of us, she'll choose to remain alone rather than make the wrong choice, because all the choices available are wrong.
But right up until that episode, he didn't seem THAT irresponsible. Like, that was the first time he actually unremorsefully hurt someone as a result of his laziness.
>>
>>77907351
Trent is just a genuinely nice stoner with a shitty garage band. He's not the messiah. She liked him because he's cool and laidback and he's the closest thing Lawndale has to a dangerous rebel.
>>
>>77907595
isnt that exactly what I just said
>>
>>77907782
See >>77907351
>she never met anyone better, and likely never will

>she'll choose to remain alone rather than make the wrong choice, because all the choices available are wrong
She fell for Trent and Tom, and guys like them are a dime a dozen. I don't think you're supposed to watch Daria and think she's not going to get over her feelings of alienation eventually.
>>
>>77908017
>feelings of alienation
try reality of alienation. You can either become someone you're not, or be alone. Dime a dozen my ass, they are rare as balls, and even they weren't right for her. and it's even worse if you're a guy
Now i mean, maybe people are better where she goes to college. They were were I went, at least in terms of get-along-with (though there were very few girls, and all of them wider than they were tall). and maybe later she moves somewhere cool, like i did. and maybe by some miracle she can actually afford to stay there, unlike me.
>>
>>77908163
lol

Someone didn't get the show at all.
>>
File: Mirror.jpg (258 KB, 1148x1500) Image search: [Google]
Mirror.jpg
258 KB, 1148x1500
>>77908279
>>
She's manipulative but I think it's a way to keep the friends she genuinely cares for close, at least near the end when they started giving everyone characterization.

Well everyone except for Tiffany who I believe is more mean spirited than Sandi
>>
>>77908611
tiffany is goddamned hard to read. i cant tell if she's soulless or genuinely and innocently clueless
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.