[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Civil War Image And Plot Details
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: afQvEda.jpg (112 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
afQvEda.jpg
112 KB, 612x380
>During the on-set interview with Robert Downey Jr., the Iron Man star was sporting a black eye (as seen in the Captain America: Civil War trailer), but it didn't come from Evans' Super Soldier. "No, I mean, look, if he and I are gonna beat each other senseless, that should be an Act III thing," he said, remaining tight-lipped about who gave Stark the black eye. Downey then revealed he agrees with Iron Man wanting the government to have control overs superheroes. "It didn’t bother me at all," he said. "I’ve always thought of it in some ways that Tony is the antagonist to himself in his own story, so this isn’t a problem. This guy understands problems ‘cause he is a problem. And he tends to create problems." He continued, "I’m not having to patter around what I think the worldview is. I wholeheartedly agree with what he does in this. Which is, by the way, more than I could say for some of the other movies."
>>
>>77902231
And a scene description from the movie:

>An elevator opens in the op-center, and Steve Rogers and his friend Sam Wilson, a.k.a. Anthony Mackie’s Falcon, walk out – with a silent T’Challa (the public identity of Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther) walking in front of them alongside the government attaché played by Martin Freeman. Scarlet Johansson’s Black Widow is with them, and she’s not saying anything either. Something bad has gone down. Cap and Falcon were involved. It did not go well. They have handed over their vibranium shield and flying apparatus before being allowed access to this place. The pair look like they’re being sent to the principal’s office.

>“You guys want to take a seat?” Widow says. “And try not to break anything while we fix this.” Stark, who hasn’t yet had his beat-down, is on his cell phone with U.S. Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross (William Hurt) as Cap and Falcon step into the nerve center of the intelligence office. “No, Romania was not sanctioned by the accords …. Col. Rhodes is supervising clean-up… Yes, there will be consequences…” Stark looks irritated, tired. “Obviously, you can quote me on that. I just said it.” He hangs up, and beholds his Avengers. “Consequences?” Cap says. “Secretary Ross wanted you both prosecuted,” Iron Man answers. “I had to give him something.” “I’m not getting that shield back, am I?” Cap says. Black Widow walks ahead, joining Stark. “Technically it belongs to the government. Wings, too,” she says. “That’s cold,” Falcon says. Stark spins on his heel as the two walk away with T’Challa. He flashes a tight, unpleasant smile. “Warmer than jail!” he says.
>>
>>77902255
>U.S. Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross
How did Ross go from the towndrunk to the epicenter of power while we weren't looking?
>>
>>77902255
So Cap does collaborate with the Accords at first, as I figured.
>>
>>77902360
It's probably when he finds out the gov wants Bucky dead or something that he goes rogue.
>>
>>77902344
According to the Russos, he's been propping himself up politically since THE INCREDIBLE HULK to blindside superheroes into becoming obedient to the government so he can use them as the assets he always wanted. He's waiting as the Avengers collect property damage and eargerly awaiting for that one colossal fuck-up that allows him to put the Registration into motion, and Ultron is it.
>>
>>77902390
Yeah, that whole scene with Bucky in the red shit and track suit.
>>
>>77902344
Same way Trump did.
>>
>>77902487
kek
>>
More interview stuff

>It’d be easy to snark about how Captain America and Iron Man were barely managing to hold their alliance together until a certain black cat crossed their path, but the truth is – they both want him on their side.

Black Panther commands respect. (And you definitely don’t want him against you.)

>The historic first black comic book superhero will be getting his own stand-alone movie in February 2018, but we’ll first encounter Chadwick Boseman’s warrior-prince on May 6 in the clash between heroes in Captain America: Civil War.

>Panther is a key figure in the conflict between Chris Evans’ Cap and Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man, and his allegiance is in flux — although he’s got serious issues with Sebastian Stan’s Bucky Barnes, a.k.a. the Winter Soldier, which steers him alongside the man in the iron mask.

>While Tony Stark is known for flooding the zone with wisecracks, Black Panther isn’t fooling around.

>“He’s definitely not the life of the party in this instance,” says Boseman, who won the role last October. “I think this is something true of the comic book character and the movie. You never quite know where he stands. There’s always a bit of concealing and mystery. So I think mysterious is more his boat. Not to say there’s not charm and he can’t be a ladies’ man and all that. It’s more like if there is humor, it’s more like James Bond.”

>In Civil War, T’Challa is drawn into the conflict between Cap and Iron Man that arises from the Sokovia Accords, which were enacted by world leaders after the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron as a way to mandate control over those with “enhanced abilities” who say they only want to do good for the world.
>>
>>77902581
>he’s got serious issues with Sebastian Stan’s Bucky Barnes, a.k.a. the Winter Soldier
WS killing T'chaka confirmed?
>>
>>77902581
>Under different circumstances, Steve Rogers, another warrior whose very identity represents his country, might find common ground with Panther.

>“I love our scenes together because I do think they feel a sense of responsibility. I think they’re both very selfless people,” Evans says. “They want the right thing, no one’s irrational, no one has an inflated ego.” (That’s got to be a dig at Iron Man, by the way.) “They’re family-first people,” Evans says. “I think outside of the suits we’d be friends, Steve and T’Challa.”

>Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios and creator of the interlocked series of movies (Civil War is No. 13, for those keeping track), says Panther was added to the story ahead of his solo-movie debut because Civil War needed someone who had his own agenda, who was a third party separate from the factions that aligned themselves behind Captain America and Iron Man.

>“We kept talking about ‘somebody like Black Panther …’ After the third or fourth time that came up in a development meeting, someone said, ‘Can’t we just do the Black Panther?’ And we all looked at each other and said, ‘Yeah, I guess we could,’” Feige says. “We introduce him here, give him an arc, and make him a full character. We don’t just give him a cameo, to wave. He has his own conflict and his own people that he’s looking out for.”

>Executive producer Nate Moore calls T’Challa “the undecided voter”: “He’s someone who hasn’t necessarily made up his mind about either side and whose agenda isn’t exactly what Cap’s agenda or what Tony’s agenda is. And I think that brings him into conflict weirdly with both characters at different times in the film. He is the prince of an African nation that has so far stayed very much sort of in the shadows. And eventually the film will draw him and his father out of the shadows.”
>>
>>77902581
>The historic first black comic book superhero will be getting his own stand-alone movie in February 2018
Moment they find black screenwriter, black director, black producer and black make-up artist.
>>
>>77902616
>The movie version is also not the same Black Panther fans now see in comics, almost 40 years after his creation. “In publishing, he is sort of this very wise and a sanguine figure who seems to know more than he lets on,” Moore says. “I think this is Black Panther in his younger years, where he maybe is a little bit more fiery than I think how they write him in the comics because he’s very much in the nascent stages of being a hero. So that means he is probably more fallible than the Black Panther that you read in comics, but for reasons that are completely logical.”

>In the trailer for Civil War, we catch only a glimpse of Black Panther — delivering a spin-kick to the face of Winter Soldier — the brainwashed assassin and former best friend of Captain America’s, who is seeking redemption but has apparently been framed for a horrible crime. (No spoilers, but it’s not much of a leap to assume that T’Challa’s father may have been one of the victims of the blast targeting those world leaders, and was either killed or seriously hurt.)

>But Boseman says no one’s loyalty is simple in this story. “Ultimately some sides are taken, but I think the trick of the movie is for no one to be blindly following,” he says. “Everybody is actually on their own side, in truth.”

>Unlike Chris Hemsworth’s Thor, another prince from a far-off kingdom, who was introduced in the movies as a petulant prince unworthy of his powers and title, T’Challa doesn’t have those kinds of hang-ups. “The spoiled brat thing is never an option,” Boseman says. “He’s not in any way unaware of how important his role and his position is. I think he’s very much aware of the responsibility.”

>So the responsibility thing is down. But what are his great powers?
>>
>>77902675
>“Panther is a cool character and he has a toughness, and a sort of intimidation factor with his costume,” says Anthony Russo, who directed Civil War with his brother, Joe. (The pair also made Captain America: The Winter Soldier together and are signed on to make the two-part Avengers: Infinity War movies in 2018 and 2019.) “We’re experimenting with how the light catches the costume.”

>That’s because Black Panther’s outfit is not actually cloth. It’s metal. It’s vibranium. “It has a sheen because its a weave of the strongest metal in this fictional universe,” says Joe Russo.

>“It’s like medieval chain mail, woven extremely thin,” Anthony adds. “It’s not comparable to any other costumes in the universe.”

>Ask Boseman about the suit, and he lets out a low, rumbling laugh. “Are you talking about the mythology or the actual suit?” he says. The fiction is amazing, he says, but actually wearing the thing… not so much. The narrow, white-lensed eyes made it particularly hard for the actor to simply see where he was going.

>“As far as the actual suit is concerned, I would say there’s a lot of comfort in the shoes, or the boots,” Boseman says. “That’s probably the only part I did enjoy! After you get them on you’re like, ‘Okay, that feels good.’ But other than that, I remember feeling extremely hot and claustrophobic, like, ‘How in the world am I gonna move and act and respond in this?’ But the shoes feel good. Everything else you get used to.”

>But the imaginative parts? That was fun.

>Vibranium is not your typical armor. “It’s not just about being durable, it has the ability to absorb energy,” Boseman says. “It’s not just like you hit it and it doesn’t take it. It has the ability to absorb the attack of another person and repel or respond to that attack. That’s part of the power.”
>>
It's strange to see them talk this much about Black Panther when he was in the trailer a total of 2 seconds.
>>
File: t-challa-chadwick-boseman.jpg (263 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
t-challa-chadwick-boseman.jpg
263 KB, 612x380
>>77902713
>As for fighting style, Black Panther has a unique amalgam of moves. “There are some animal forms, but not just cat. He could be a snake, or various different styles. Obviously there’s an opportunity to do some capoeira,” the Brazilian martial art that combines fighting with dance, Boseman says.

>Part of Panther’s power is not just brute strength, but thinking ahead. “The key with T’Challa is to keep everybody on their toes. It’s to do the thing that is surprising, that you wouldn’t expect. So there’s a lot of agility and a lot of, like, ‘Why did he do that? Oh now I know why he did that. He was gonna come over here after he did that.’ I wouldn’t say he’s a ninja, but he does employ some of those aspects as well.”

>Panther’s retractable claws are also made of vibranium — and since Cap’s shield is also forged from the substance: Who wins in a fight?

>The Russo brothers have a simple answer for that: “We shall see,” Joe says.

>But from Boseman’s point of view… ? There’s not even a question.

>“If you’re talking to Mayweather about the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, then Mayweather’s gonna say he’s gonna win,” Boseman says. “I have to back myself.”
>>
>>77902629
He isn't the first black superhero he's the first with his OWN comic though.
>>
File: black head of cia.png (255 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
black head of cia.png
255 KB, 500x374
>>77902629

I wish they'd stop caring about that and just get somebody to work on it already. I mean does it really matter on the outside?
>>
File: captain-america-civil-war_0.gif (1 MB, 612x254) Image search: [Google]
captain-america-civil-war_0.gif
1 MB, 612x254
>>77902726
He had his own section in the interviews like Cap, Tony, Black Widow

next interview
>“In most of the movies, there’s no question who we should be siding with,” Evans says during a break between shots. “We all agree Nazis are bad, aliens from space are bad. But this movie’s the first time where you really have two points of view. There’s really no wrong answer here and it’s just a matter of who we are as men: Tony Stark and myself. Which side of the aisle do we come down on? So it’s hard for [Cap]. It becomes a question of morality and I don’t think he’s ever been so uncertain with what right and wrong is.”

>In this film, the new Avengers — seen assembling at the end of Age of Ultron — take on an old enemy: Frank Grillo’s Crossbones, last spotted getting a building dropped on his skull in 2013’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But… the takedown goes wrong. A lot of people die. A lot of innocent ones.

>After all the chaos and catastrophe witnessed in the previous films, the world finally has had enough. Government officials from around the globe assemble to enact accords that would clamp down on those with super-human skills. One man helping form the new laws is a young leader named T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) from the fictional African nation of Wakanda, who has a secret identity himself — the long awaited Black Panther.

>But Cap has seen too much corrupt authority in his (unnaturally) long life. He ain’t marching anymore.

>Sebastian Stan’s Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers’ long-lost friend and principle foe in the last Cap movie, is standing at his left.
>>
>>77902231
Does it feel like Disney and WB are just going back and forth at this point?

>I've got a teaser.
>Oh yeah? Well I've got a trailer.
>I've got a trailer too, and it's longer than yours!
>Well here are some more images and a plot summary so there!

Flash reveal coming soon.
>>
>>77902799
>“Had Bucky not been brainwashed he’d be doing the same thing Cap is doing, taking orders from S.H.I.E.L.D. and fighting for the country and then realizing S.H.I.E.L.D. is corrupt,” Evans says. “But Bucky’s a different situation. He obviously couldn’t make these choices. This is — I don’t want to give too much about the plot away but Bucky’s a big piece of the puzzle in this movie just because it gives Steve something that he really hasn’t had besides Peggy, but even Peggy is well on in her life.”

>“No one on this planet knew him then. No one is left,” Evans says. “He doesn’t have any peace with his youth. He doesn’t have any peace from his life, so Bucky and whatever happens with Bucky in this movie…” Evans trails off. “That’s a big piece in terms of him kind of finding his own purpose in what he’s fighting for and how that friendship can come back to life. Not just them as soldiers, but them as friends.”

>There are other familiar heroes aligned alongside Cap and Bucky (mild spoiler warning): Anthony Mackie’s Falcon, Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man (although today it’s a stunt double in the mask), Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch, and Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye.

>Leading the opposite side is… nobody. Iron Man and Don Cheadle’s War Machine will be flying toward them, so they’ll be added digitally later. But an equally impressive team of iconic characters is arrayed alongside him, preparing to face down Cap and Co.: Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and Black Panther (also a stunt double) among them.

>Directors Joe and Anthony Russo yell action — and that’s what’s unleashed. The good-guys charge each other in a savage beat-down.

>“The story is about family. And what happens if they don’t agree,” says Joe Russo, who directed the previous Cap film, The Winter Soldier, with his brother. “We’ve been comparing it to a fight at a wedding. What happens when your cousin and your brother go at it, and whose side are you on, and where does it go from there?”
>>
Is it safe to get hype yet?

>>77902799
>Evans marginalizing how HYDRA kinda had a point during TWS

I mean sure they kinda undermine that point by stacking the deck so overwhelmingly in their favor as well as sidestepping the question of who exactly gets to hold the gun at the head of the world and if they're legit qualified to do so, but the freedom vs security question is like the most valid post-9/11 question to raise in fiction.
>>
>>77902603
Maybe they think he did, prompting the dialogue and manhunt at the beginning of the trailer.
>>
>>77902840
I don't think it's possible for Steve to come off any gayer for Bucky at this point. I love it
>>
>>77902840
>“How do you move forward from a moment where people who used to love each other and were on the same side, now hate each other and are trying to hurt each other?” Anthony Russo adds. “[Cap is] such a strong, grounded, morally centered, ethically centered character. You can beat at him pretty hard as a hero, to try to crack that strength — both morally and physically.”

>Iron Man definitely tries.

>While Black Widow gives an all-out thrashing to Ant-Man, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch blast away at the sky — him with his trusty bow and arrows, her with her mystical red energy pulses. They’re trying to knock some unseen threat out of the air. (It’s hard to tell which visual effect they’re imagining.)

>It’s definitely not Iron Man. He’s flying low and locked onto another target: Captain America. Evans raises his shield, slings an upper cut through the air, and gets in one more hit against his invisible foe before he’s almost taken out in real life.

>The main camera is on a crane, and it swoops down on the battle scene — following Iron Man’s descent — until it’s right in Evans’s face. The actor has to dive out of the way at the last second to avoid being clobbered.

>After a few more takes, Evans comes over to the video screens to check out the shot, laughing at the fact that each one ends with an extreme close-up of his panicked face, dodging the camera. “I can’t keep throwing punches when that’s so close,” he says. The Russos come up with a solution: Go ahead and drop back.

>The shot will end with Iron Man knocking Captain America to his knees.

>But he’s not going to stay there.
>>
>>77902799
>In this film, the new Avengers — seen assembling at the end of Age of Ultron — take on an old enemy: Frank Grillo’s Crossbones, last spotted getting a building dropped on his skull in 2013’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But… the takedown goes wrong. A lot of people die. A lot of innocent ones.

>Crossbones comes back at the end and kills Cap
>Bucky becomes Cap
>Cap brought back to life with the gauntlet during IW2

my body is ready
>>
>>77902393
>and Ultron is it.
I thought it was Crossbones?
>>
>>77902754
Yes he is, dummy.
>>
... So nobody's talking about the Spider in the room yet?
>>
>>77902879
T'Chaka is still alive.
>>
>>77903030
No one fucking cares.
>>
>>77902897
>How do you move forward from a moment where people who used to love each other and were on the same side, now hate each other and are trying to hurt each other?
You know, Scarlet Witch used to be he kind of character that would try to patch the team together when the menfolk start getting a little too hotheaded, but that was a long time ago, before they decided to make her the team nutjob in the comics. What she's going to be in this movie, I'm still not sure. She's not pictured on either side in the team pictures, but in the trailer, she's alongside Cap. I hope she can maybe try to be the reconciliator, but my fear is that she'll be not quite on either side because she'll go rogue in some way.
>>
File: Saad Maan.jpg (57 KB, 219x307) Image search: [Google]
Saad Maan.jpg
57 KB, 219x307
>>77903092
>Sony has fucked up Spider-Man so much, people don't even care about him anymore
>>
>>77903030
just wait
>>
>>77903092
This.

Spiderman feels shoehoerned as fuck in this movie and I'm really tired of his character after all the shit movies he's had in the past years. Really hope he's just a cameo in Civil War.
>>
This just all seems so...well they said it themselves "Going to the principals office". Cap and Falcon making light of fucking up a mission and presumably gettng people killed. Hawkeye and the everyone betraying the government and becoming criminals all for Cap and Bucky.? Its so childish and irrational both internally and externally.

The only way I see it working is if Bucky and Cap are privy to something Tonys team isnt. But that falls into the trap of making Tony and Tchalla for that matter look like a idiot.

I just dont see this all working
>>
Some more interviews, with RDJ this time

>There’s no other way to put this: You’ve never seen Tony be such a dick before. Downey laughs and stomps his leg as he sits on the couch. “I know! I’m loving it.”

>The “warmer than jail line” is such a passive-aggressive, nasty way of needling the Cap clique. “And yet, he’s just stating a fact,” Downey says, but he also admits: there’s some jealousy there. “I look at him like, ‘Oh, you and Falcon got a good thing going on, huh?’ He doesn’t really seem to give me the time of day.”

>And later, when Cap chooses his friend Bucky Barnes, a brainwashed assassin, over Tony … that’s the last straw.

>Downey says Cap and Iron Man are like the frontmen in a band that’s had some hits, but been playing together too long. Saving Sokovia was a good gig, but riding home together on the bus (or helicarrier) makes the tour agonizing.
>>
>>77903325
>“Yeah, and it’s also to who’s trying to grab the mic and take center stage because they think they can sing the song better,” Downey says. “So I’m like, ‘That’s not a bass line, give me that!’”

>A little of this came out in Ultron, with Tony indicating that Cap was the leader of the Avengers team, with the addendum: “I just pay for everything, and design everything, and make everyone look cooler.”

>Iron Man and Cap have always had their differences, starting in 2011’s The Avengers when Evans’ Steve Rogers called Tony Stark a “big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, and what are you?” Stark hit him back with: “You’re a laboratory experiment … everything special about you came out of a bottle.”

>Tony has been feeling used, taken for granted. Philosophical differences aside, that also contributes to his battle against Captain America.

>“Alls I’m saying is ultimately he’s never been in a status position over Cap,” Downey says. “It’s a crappy deal for Tony. It has been from the time he came out. I think he’s actually been pretty civil, all things considered. When he tries to bring lightness into the fact that he actually, at certain points, has the real upper hand; he just can’t help himself. Because it’s just been simmering for years and it’s very unrequited.”
>>
File: 1442255040082.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1442255040082.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>The “warmer than jail line” is such a passive-aggressive, nasty way of needling the Cap clique. “And yet, he’s just stating a fact,” Downey says, but he also admits: there’s some jealousy there. “I look at him like, ‘Oh, you and Falcon got a good thing going on, huh?’ He doesn’t really seem to give me the time of day.”

>And later, when Cap chooses his friend Bucky Barnes, a brainwashed assassin, over Tony … that’s the last straw.
>>
>>77903345
>The problem with Stark is, to quote some Ultron wisdom: he means well, but he doesn’t think things through.

>He may be a genius, playboy, philanthropist, but he has a lot of blind spots. In the original Iron Man, Stark was oblivious to the damage his weaponry was doing to the world until he personally got injured by it. In The Avengers, he developed something Captain America was born with: a sense of self-sacrifice. In Civil War, he is starting to figure out that “paying for everything” isn’t the same as friendship, a fact you can read in his eyes in the trailer when Cap says he has to fight for Bucky because he’s his friend. “So was I,” Iron Man says softly.

>What’s more painful: a broken friendship, or Tony realizing there never really was one?Evans insists there was a closeness between the two, it was just buried beneath the bickering.
>>
>>77903367
>“I think they’re very different men but this is the beautiful thing about family,” Evans says. “In a family you know you could hate your mother, you could hate your sister but you’re my family and we have to make this work. I like the end of Ultron, when I say, ‘I will miss you, Tony’ and there is a love and respect there.”

>That’s another of Stark’s hang-ups. For all his great powers and contributions, and despite the affection of Gwyneth Paltrow’s Pepper Potts, he can’t help but feel … unloved.

>That’s where Downey says we find Tony Stark at the beginning of Civil War.

>“He’s thinking about where he went to school. He’s thinking about his folks. He’s thinking all this dough he inherited wasn’t really just meant for him and he should be trying to do something with it,” the actor says. “He’s not a kid anymore. He’s thinking about the back nine.”
>>
>>77903385
>Iron Man is like a kid with big toys who never really grew up – but keeps trying. “Obviously he has this kind of tragic childhood where his folks die and all that stuff. He mentions it in the first film,” Downey says. “He says, he never got to say goodbye to his dad.”

>We’ve never heard much at all about his mother. “Exactly,” Downey says. “I’d always felt that she was a really cool kind of Ivy League rebel, an Eleanor Roosevelt type, you know? So that’s kind of what’s been on my mind with it.”

>Until now, Stark the big kid has been content to just share his toys, but he wants more in return. That’s why Cap’s loyalty and support is so important.

>“He’s really trying everything from great earnestness to outright manipulation, emotional manipulation to try to get Cap to just make this, to swing the vote,” Downey says.

>Iron Man doesn’t want to fight, he wants Cap on his side. But sharing is tough. And sharing power is especially hard.
>>
>>77903351
So Stark basically just wants Cap senpai to notice him.
>>
>>77902897
>While Black Widow gives an all-out thrashing to Ant-Man,

lmao what
>>
>>77903351
>civil war begins because Tony is tsundere for Cap
Great, another wave of CapxTony porn.
>>
>Hawkeye is going back to his Avengers role

Damn. He and SW are the only ones I care about
>>
>>77902255
This is after the chase with Black Panther where the cops surround Cap and Stark emerges from that door.
>>
>>77903351
So Civil War is just Tony being the ultimate tsun?
>>
>>77903313
>making light

I'm sure Cap and Falcon, being the characters they are, will understand the weight of their failures. But that doesn't necessarily mean they agree with Tony's solution to the problem.

>all for Cap and Bucky

I don't know why people keep going back to this when the whole foundation for the split is the ideological divide on whether or not they agree with the Sokovia Accords.

Judging by the Ant-Man post-credits scene ("If we tell Tony..." "He won't believe us."), I'm willing to bet that the disagreement starts out as just a disagreement with Tony thinking that Cap will eventually come around, and then Bucky being brought back into the picture (along with T'Challa's influence in creating the accords and whatever reason he has for hating Bucky) will be the spark that leads to war.

The Ant-Man post-credits scene hints at Cap and Tony already being divided before Bucky comes into the picture - I think Bucky will just be the thing that makes the guns come out.
>>
>>77903257
>>77903263
I just genuinely don't understand why, with so much Spider-man related media out there that is mostly garbage, why people think that every new appearance of the character is exciting.
Everything to be done with the character has been done already, and spoiler alert: it's not that interesting. That's why there's been new clones or alt-universe versions of the character thrown around every couple of years.
>>
>>77903313
>Cap and Falcon making light of fucking up a mission and presumably gettng people killed.
They're not.

>Hawkeye and the everyone betraying the government and becoming criminals all for Cap and Bucky?

It's about more than that, it's about being free to help people whenever they need it, and not be labled criminals for not subscribing to government demands. Especially when Ross is in charge.
>>
>>77902360
>>77902390
Makes me like Cap more now, he goes along with the accords because it's the reasonabke thing to do but once Bucky is in danger he'll do anything to protect him.

I also like the idea of Tony doing shit to keep Steve from jail and protect him from Ross, and then Steve goes and fucks it all up for Bucky.
>>
>>77902412
>>77902390
They only managed to out the Hydra agents in SHIELD and the guys that were hanging out in abandoned Eastern European castles. Big money is that they discover Ross is Hydra as well, who was courted into the organization after they convince him that what they want is also what he wants. He's not going to be a villain per se, but he'll be a misguided antagonist, definitely.
>>
>S-stupid Cap, i-it's not like I like you or anything...
>>
>>77903783
>with so much Spider-man related media out there that is mostly garbage, why people think that every new appearance of the character is exciting

I agree with this in light of the fact that it's only been a year or so since the last time we saw a Spider-Man movie, and only three years or so since the last origin one.

If there hadn't been any Spider-Man movies since Raimi, I'd be excited, but at this point, I'm more excited to see Panther and Strange (hell, even GOTG2) than I am to see another Spidey.

(I'm also bitter because JK Simmons was born to play Jameson and he's never gonna get the chance to do that again.)
>>
>>77903698
No, that's in the very end.
>>
So, I'm figuring.

>Cap and New Avengers fight Crossbones in Africa, shit goes south.

>Accords and shit.

>Cap, Falcon and Window get sent to to deal with Bucky in Germany.

>Cap finds out there's a kill order and he and Falcon help Bucky escape.

>Get grounded.

>Go rogue and eventually find Bucky.

>Bucky's got the skinny on some HYDRA plot.

>They assemble the Avengers to deal with it without government supervision.

>Iron Man says no and gets his Avengers.

>Battles and explosions all the way to Cap taking a bullet for Cap because "we're friends, Tony".
>>
and where does zemo factor in on all of this?
>>
>>77904068
>''Zemo is they key to all this.''
>JoJ Wew
>>
>Under different circumstances, Steve Rogers, another warrior whose very identity represents his country, might find common ground with Panther.

>“I love our scenes together because I do think they feel a sense of responsibility. I think they’re both very selfless people,” Evans says. “They want the right thing, no one’s irrational, no one has an inflated ego.” (That’s got to be a dig at Iron Man, by the way.) “They’re family-first people,” Evans says. “I think outside of the suits we’d be friends, Steve and T’Challa.”

I honestly think it's going to end with. Ith being friends, or at least respecting each other, T'challa will be with Stark in the until he starts to get to know Steve and Bucky then he will flip flop but then end up on Steve's side.

In the comics when they meet Steve is in awe of him and I am pretty sure he was internally swooning, lol. Then they become friends (at some point Steve asks him if they are friends and T'challa tells him no because he considers Steve his brother) and Steve backs T'challa even when the other Avengers get frustrated and distrustful of him, hinestly their friendship reminds me of Superman and Batman's in a way.
>>
>>77904024
I don't see how Cap taking a bullet for Cap is a good idea for Cap.
>>
>>77902827
>Flash reveal coming soon.
Then spidey!
>>
File: Agent-13-Sharon-Carter.jpg (112 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Agent-13-Sharon-Carter.jpg
112 KB, 612x380
>>
File: dubs sweat.png (332 KB, 487x501) Image search: [Google]
dubs sweat.png
332 KB, 487x501
>>77904191
>that thickness and straight hair
Carter and Scarlet Witch are bonerific.
>>
>>77904068
>last 5 minutes of movie
>revealed to be mastermind
>makes a few quips
>dies
>>
>>77903578
Tumblr gonna wet their panties.
>>
Does anyone really have interest in news about this after yesterday's trailer?
>>
>>77904181
Spidey is just gonna rape everything else going on at the time.
>>
>>77904348
I can like both movies.
>>
>>77904348
Yeah that trailer was really underwhelming
>>
>>77903351
Also there is this

>“Alls I’m saying is ultimately he’s never been in a status position over Cap,” Downey says. “It’s a crappy deal for Tony. It has been from the time he came out. I think he’s actually been pretty civil, all things considered. When he tries to bring lightness into the fact that he actually, at certain points, has the real upper hand; he just can’t help himself. Because it’s just been simmering for years and it’s very unrequited.”

>Because it’s just been simmering for years and it’s very unrequited.

I guess he's also frustrated that Cap just DGAF with whatever bagagge Tony has regarding him.

Definitely a case of "Senpai won't notice me and he's noticing other people".
>>
>>77904348

Yes, because unlike WB, Marvel didn't reveal their entire movie.
>>
>>77904348
I don't care much about the DCU.
>>
>>77904446

I like the point that Tony's given the team a lot up until now (resources, the tower, sacrificing himself in Avengers) and he hasn't really been appreciated for it. Though the way he acted in AoU didn't really help his cause.
>>
I had a dream last night I was watching Civil War.
It started off with Cap trying to convince Falcon to join him. They were walking through a huge crowd on the Beach and he was refusing.
Then a hang glider started plummeting towards them. But then Iron Patriot with giant Falcon wings dives in and saves the guy. He lands on the beach and says "No hang gliding without a permit" as the wings retract into the suit.
Then Iron Man flies in and turns into a giant Pepsi can and shoots refreshing freeze rays at a nuclear submarine that's overloading.
>>
File: tumblr_ntlo00DXgS1tvfc2ho1_1280.jpg (107 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntlo00DXgS1tvfc2ho1_1280.jpg
107 KB, 1080x1080
>>77903202
That saddens me, too. Wanda regards them as a surrogate family, so them fighting is something she would not like.
But...her beating down Iron Man and War Machine might make it all worthwhile.

I am of the view that the Mind Gem is trying to unlock her powers and does so during the airport fight.
>>
File: 1447602350571.png (158 KB, 287x277) Image search: [Google]
1447602350571.png
158 KB, 287x277
>>77904471
>Marvel didn't reveal their entire movie.
Aside from QS dying and Vision, AoU's trailers showed the entire movie.
>>
>>77904580
>family dies
>new family starts fighting against each other
Being Wanda is suffering.
>>
>>77903578
His powers are super cool and make him almost invincible but she's been a super spy dealing with crazy russian and nazi and american bullshit superscience her entire career. If anybody can take Ant-Man, it's Black Widow.
>>
>>77903263
My fear is that Spiderman will come to hog screen time that would have gone to the likes of Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, etc.
>>
>>77902827
Competition is the mother of invention.
>>
>>77903263
Spidey is pretty much the only thing that has me interested now. Age of Quiptron destroyed any hype I could ever have for the MCU.
>>
>>77902231
This is going to be so shit
>>
>>77904498
Yep and RDJ brought up the fact that in that "So was I" might be Tony realizing he didn’t really have a friendship with Steve at all.

As for Steve I think he cares for Tony but he's not exactly tight with him like he is with Sam or was with Bucky, mainly because the Stark charm never worked on him like it did with Rhodey and Pepper and honestly I can see how Tony wanted Steve to fall for him like they did through his lovable jerk persona, but I think someone like Steve just finds it annoying.

Honestly I liked the family angle because Steve and Tony are connected in a familial way mostly because of Howard, and had Steve not "died" he probably would have ended up being Tony's godfather or that cool uncle that tony really wished was his dad.
>>
>>77902754
>He isn't the first black superhero
Oh? Then who is.
>>
>>77904816
>hates quips
>loves Spidey
>biggest quipper in the history of capes
Fucking what?
>>
>/co/ sperged about the "So was I" storyline, claiming Tony and Steve were never really friends.

>There's an in-universe explanation

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>77903694
Same here, really. I love Wanda and Clint.
>>
>>77905154
how the fuck was anyone supposed to know from the trailer?
>>
>>77904968
Blade?
>>
List of fights

Haven't read through the thread, so if someone can update it that would be great.

Captain America VS. Iron Man

Captain America and Winter Soldier VS. Iron Man

Captain America VS. Black Panther

Captain America VS. Spider-Man

Hawkeye VS. Black Widow

Hawkeye VS. Black Panther

Winter Soldier VS. Black Panther

Scarlet Witch and Falcon VS. Vision

Falcon VS. War Machine

Ant-Man VS. Black Widow
>>
>>77904224
Thats Widow not Witch.
>>
>>77905372
He was talking about Carter, and said that she and Witch give him boners.
>>
>>77904482
Same here.
>>
>>77904768
Or inmitation.
>>
>>77905317
Tomb of Dracula #10 came out 7 years after BP's debut in Fantastic Four.
>>
>>77904191
>tfw Widow gets rid of the arrow necklace for a green one

Slut.
>>
>>77902868
>the freedom vs security question is like the most valid post-9/11 question

kill yourself NSA shill
>>
>>77905366
I'm guessing Scarlet Witch vs Iron Man and War Machine after the "huge transformation" (i.e unlocking latent) in her powers. We do now know she's with Hawkeye (and thus likely also Ant-Man) for some of the fight.
>>
>>77904180
Because he likes getting capped.
>>
>>77903578

That means Black Widow is also a better fighter than Falcon. Fucking bullshit is what it is. She should be the weakest of all the Avengers.
>>
>>77903202
I don't think she has much of an ideological stake in this fight but she hates Tony, sees Hawkeye as a mentor, and is likely on good terms with Cap after how they interacted in AoU
>>
>>77905634
Falcon isnt a good fighter. He has wings.
>>
Cap senpai notices:
Black Panther
Falcon
Scarlet Witch
Antman
Hawkeye

But not Tony...then Vision notices his waifu and not Tony...and Widow's a slut.
>>
File: 1259044566331.png (321 KB, 371x470) Image search: [Google]
1259044566331.png
321 KB, 371x470
>>77903313
>betraying the government
>he thinks he owes any loyalty to politicians
>>
>>77905693
Alot of people ship her with Cap, he is very loyal to her and they are both kind 9f immigrants, and the whole bro-ship with Bucky probably touches her heart (Pietro).
>>
>>77905696
Red Bull does that to a man.
>>
>>77904913

Man, hearing RDJ say this is weird because in the Avengers it seemed like Stark was a condescending jerk to Cap, and basically treated him as a joke until the final battle. Then in AoU when Cap tries to say maybe making a second super powerful robot is a bad idea Tony's just like "lol no ur dum"

What I'm saying is, I never got the impression that he wanted to be good friends with Cap or that he wanted Cap's approval or even really respected him all that much.
>>
File: 1448472601710-1-1.png (398 KB, 525x696) Image search: [Google]
1448472601710-1-1.png
398 KB, 525x696
>>77905154
Just because they sometimes get into verbal fisticuffs doesn't mean they aren't friends. This isn't an average co-worker relationship; they've fought alien invasions, global terrorist organizations, and killer robots side by side. You don't go through shit without forming bonds.
>>
>>77904348

that BvS trailer killed my hype for the movie, if anything.
>>
>>77905555
he might not be an NSA shill, he might just be an anarchist.
>>
>>77905696

He was a special forces soldier before joining Cap, and he's a man. Two things that should make him a better fighter than Widow at least. You think some guy with no skills and a pair of wings would fight a plane like he did?
>>
>>77905902
Except >>77905901 raises a good point. Even in their limited screentime together, one doesn't really get any form of friendship, or even camaraderie from Tony and Steve.
>>
>>77906053
And Widow is a trained Russian assasin
>>
>>77906120

she's also a woman.

She also doesn't have super zoom-in goggles to help her see Ant-Man, which was the only reason Falcon even had a chance. She better not fucking beat up Ant-Man.
>>
>>77905901
>>77906106
Being in disagreemnet doesn't mean you can't be friend.

Cap and Tony have know each other for 4 years, now. They are friends and brother at arms. Just because they don't get along all the time doesn't mean they are friends. Quite on the contrary, they know each other well enough to know which button to push.
>>
File: FF52_PantherStatue.jpg (37 KB, 277x379) Image search: [Google]
FF52_PantherStatue.jpg
37 KB, 277x379
>>77902616
>“We introduce him here, give him an arc, and make him a full character. We don’t just give him a cameo, to wave. He has his own conflict and his own people that he’s looking out for.”

My erection is monolithic.
>>
>>77905366
Seems like most of these are from the same setpiece, the airport battle.
>>
>>77902255
Fuck the governmentttttt. Vive la France
>>
>>77906171
>Being in disagreemnet

Yeah, that's not what I said at all. Friends can disagree. Iron Man doesn't treat Cap like a friend he disagrees with. In Avengers Tony tells Cap that they have no use for him. In Age of Ultron he won't even stop booting up Vision for a minute to listen to Cap's objections, despite the fact that he knew people were going to have legitimate issues with what he was doing. That's not how you treat a friend you disagree with. That's how you treat someone that you consider beneath you.
>>
>In one scene EW watched being filmed this summer, she and Tony Stark have a quiet moment after being given an ultimatum to bring down the rogue Cap — or else the U.S. government will do it in permanent fashion. Stark rubs at the center of his chest, where his Arc Reactor was once embedded. "You know the problem with a fully functional heart…? It’s stressful," he tells Natasha. She’s all business: "We are painfully understaffed."

>"It’d be pretty awesome if we had a Hulk," he tells her.

Goddammit, Tony.
>>
Sounds like War Machine will die on Crossbone's raid.
>>
>>77906469
Nope.
>>
>>77906464
Is this a jab at Widow and Banner or just a Hulk joke?
>>
>>77906610

I think he's telling her that she's a fucking bitch for scaring the Hulk away and in classic BrosB4Hos fashion letting her know that he wishes she was the one that left.
>>
>>77906651
Why is it her fault?
>>
>>77906717

How isn't it her fault?
>>
>>77906747
She wants to bang him and he ran?
>>
>>77906791

bitches, right?
>>
>>77903257
It's like announcing a new Batman movie with Joker as the villain. You just stop caring.
>>
>>77904191
Who da blonde?
>>
>>77907003

Except both Joker movies were very well received.
>>
>>77907020
Sharon Carter.
>>
>>77906154
I can see Widow winning in a normal sized fight against Ant-Man, but there's now way she should be able to defeat him when he uses his powers
>>
>>77904191
THICK SHARON
H
I
C
K
>>
>>77903325
Haha Tony is such tsundere in this film
>>
>>77907033
Yeah, but would you really get excited to see it again? If they announced a remake of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, would you be excited or exhausted?
>>
>>77907264
Yes, LOTR is bae.
>>
>>77907264

I mean, I get what you're saying, but most people liked Lord of the Rings movies and movies with Joker in them, so tired of them or not it's still a step up from Spider-Man who we are also tired of but he's been in terrible movies too
>>
>>77906154
>she's also a woman.
I'd just like to point out, woman or not, Widow takes on several dudes by herself all the time. I know that's not realistic, but in the MCU Widow has zero problems with matching strength to the men.
>>
>>77905040
Spideyquips are great because it makes sense
Ultron quips are retarded.
>>
File: zpsrtnu-120158.jpg (844 KB, 2234x1359) Image search: [Google]
zpsrtnu-120158.jpg
844 KB, 2234x1359
>>77903405
>>We’ve never heard much at all about his mother. “Exactly,” Downey says. “I’d always felt that she was a really cool kind of Ivy League rebel, an Eleanor Roosevelt type, you know? So that’s kind of what’s been on my mind with it

I think Angie from Agent Carter is Tony's mom desu
>>
>>77907547
There was nothing wrong with Ultron quips

They perfectly fitted the character and demonstrated his origins lying with Stark
>>
>>77907547
Ultron has always been quippy tho go back and read his appearances
>>
>>77906323
>In Age of Ultron he won't even stop booting up Vision for a minute to listen to Cap's objections, despite the fact that he knew people were going to have legitimate issues with what he was doing.
This has more to do with Tony thinking he knows what's best than thinking he's better than Steve.
>>
>>77907693
Ultron was shit m8
>>
>>77907547
quips make sense with MCU Ultrom being based on Tony rather than Pym like 616 Ultron. People are still so bootyblasted about a change in characters even though Marvel has made clear this is as much an alt u as the Ultimate Universe to 616. They kill characters that are alive in the comics, race swap on the regular, and have characters be very different for 7 years yet Ultron is not the same as 616 even with a good explanation and people are still asspained. So stupid.
>>
>>77902713
>“It’s like medieval chain mail, woven extremely thin,” Anthony adds. “It’s not comparable to any other costumes in the universe.”

This is where I hope CGI comes to the rescue. The suit doesn't look that impressive, looking a rubber suit with a strange texture, but if you add some sort of metallic effect in the close ups and when in action, it might look more impressive.
>>
>>77903367
So Tony was fooling himself that he and Cap were friends.

God fucking dammit
>>
>>77907894

>People are still so bootyblasted about a change in characters

Or maybe it's not that they changed Ultron, but the fact that what they changed him into was total shit? People don't complain nearly as much about Cross/Yellowjacket, Zola, Falcon, etc.

When something gets changed and the change is decent or at least doesn't really drag down the movie, only a small number of autists complain. When it gets changed into total shit, people complain like they do with Ultron.
>>
File: Captain-America-Chris-Evans.jpg (206 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Captain-America-Chris-Evans.jpg
206 KB, 612x380
>>
File: Winter-Soldier-Sebastian-Stan.jpg (258 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Winter-Soldier-Sebastian-Stan.jpg
258 KB, 612x380
>>
>>77908112
>>
File: Captain-America-Civil-War-Evans.jpg (281 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Captain-America-Civil-War-Evans.jpg
281 KB, 612x380
>>77908119
>>
>>77904348
>trailer where tells the whole plot of the movie and look bad as fuck

No, thanks.
>>
>>77902799
>we all agree Nazis are bad

who's we
>>
>>77908385
normal people
>>
>>77905444
Trips wasted on an embreaded donkey
>>
>>77908639
>embreaded
>>
[QUIPS INTERNALLY]
>>
File: red-hulk-002.jpg (102 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
red-hulk-002.jpg
102 KB, 900x600
Will Ross go Rulk?
>>
>>77908734

On first thought I would hope not...but fuck the MCU needs to stop being ashamed of being from comic books.

Thats what made it work so well, and in Phase 2 it went off the rails because they tried to make everyone quippy like Iron Man.
>>
>>77908734
I hope so. Simply because that would be awesome.
>>
>>77908882
Yeah, Hurt isn't getting any younger, they should hurry a bit, since we're not getting Hulk solo anytime soon.
>>
>>77906323
>In Avengers Tony tells Cap that they have no use for him.
This is before they started respecting each other, though.
>>
>And Martin Freeman’s character, who is a kind of government attaché… ?

>“He’s under the cloak of secrecy,” Feige says. “There are a lot of amazing actors in this movie. Some of them play larger roles than others. And in some cases there are some you will meet ever so briefly in this film and then will be expanded upon in future films. He falls into that latter category.”

So Martin Freeman is playing the whitest man alive Everett K Ross?
>>
>>77904556
Can.. can that be the movie instead?
>>
>>77909285
lol I didn't think of that. As long as his role is small I can get behind this.
>>
>>77907264
Only if they decided to adapt parts of the Silmarillion
>>
File: 1440453254153.jpg (155 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1440453254153.jpg
155 KB, 1000x667
>be tony stark
>one of the smartest guys in the universe, has infinite gorillions, army of armors and every single one is worth a supernations military force, understand all the problems which might occur out of demi gods and spider people running around unregistered, unwatched, uncontroled
>has to put up with his dumbass buddy, who happens to be an uber steroid jacked boyscout from the 40ies who went renegade and homolust with a brainwashed cybernetic mass murderer
>considered a villain who is agains ebin muh freedom of running around fliping cars
>holding back and trying to reason with said dumbass buddy and emo buttplug while they try to solve this issue while punching everything in sight, including stark and expensive tech
>tfw
>>
>Now – Spider-Man.

>Ready? (Of course you are, thanks for following along this far.)

>Again, Marvel can’t confirm anything about the character, but while visiting the set for EW, there was a particularly large battle going on involving many different characters from the film. Most of them, you know about already.

>But one, standing off to the side, you don’t. And the stuntman there was wearing a very familiar red and blue suit that covered him from head to toe.

>“Listen, if there was a cosplayer running around that set when you were there, I don’t know what to tell you,” Feige said.

>Fair enough. But then, during the very same battle sequence, Robert Downey Jr. comes strolling by. He’s laughing and talking with his arm slung over the shoulder of a young man who is doing some pinpoint Tom Holland cosplay, wearing a full Spider-Man suit, except for the mask.

>Later, in an interview, Downey just spills it: “[Don] Cheadle and I are just going, ‘Wow, dude, look at this.’ We’re now like the old guard, and our storyline carries real weight just because of our history in the [canon]. But we’re also looking around like, ‘Who thought that Falcon and Black Panther and Ant-Man and now Spider-Man…?’ I mean it’s like wow, this thing is just crazy.”

>So yes: Spider-Man is in Civil War.

>But leave it to Captain America to try and save the day…

>“You never know with Marvel,” Chris Evans says. “Sometimes they shoot things and then don’t use them.”

>Mm-hm.
>>
File: lester-nygaard.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lester-nygaard.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>>77909285
I finally saw Fargo S1 and
>implying he's not Norman Osborne

It would be fantastic.
>>
>>77908734
I would actually not mind this as a third act climax at all.
>>
>>77902616
>Steve and T'Challa being friends
I want this
>>
>>77902799
>aliens from space are bad.
Looks like Bruce and Steve would be good friends after all.
>>
>>77902675
>That shot at Thor
>>
>>77904580
Then she claims that she is responsible for a lot of the collateral and fucks of to go meet Strange
>>
>>77909586
So wait

Spiderman is in a big battle scene?
>>
>>77904348
I'm allowed to like both companies.
>>
>>77910164
Strange is like , "Wanda why you be hangin' out with these normy plebs, lets go and bum around in the Dark Dimension."
>>
>>77904348
Of course, over the time of like half a year I do have the energy to be hype for more than one movie.
>>
>>77909685
>You are now imagining Norman Osborne fucking Gwen Stacy and moaning "Aw Jeez!" with every thrust
>>
>>77910931
That's disturbingly hot.
>>
>>77910931
>implying that I don't fap to that every night
>>
>>77908734
How the hell will they explain the mustache disappearing tho? Then again, Hulk appears pretty hairless below the head, and that can't be right. This is a worse dilemma than the density problem with ant-man
>>
>>77905901
I always took it Tony was projecting his daddy issues onto Steve. As a kid he probably idolized him like everyone in the MCU, but also had a father who he never felt loved him and cared more about finding Cap than he ever did spending time with his son. So when he finally meets Steve, who's everything Tony isn't, Tony goes full tsundere and throws passive aggressive remarks at Cap, when in actuality he just wants his approval.

He wants to be considered the 'better man who places his life on the line' like Steve. Which is why he at the end of Avengers flies the nuke into space to prove himself.

Cap ditching him probably hurts because Tony really did think they had something going - that Cap wasn't going to dismiss him like his father did.
>>
>>77902231
>Downey agrees
Wow, what a let down. I guess he's ignorant of the world at large in the MCU though since he probably doesn't keep up.

>Comics only
Organization proven to be COMPLETEY INCAPABLE of saving the world on a daily basis (hourly even) wants to "train superheroes so that they can save the world" which leads to pure laughter and SHIELD looking like they're in Hitler's league. HAHAHAAH

>MCU
Government shown to be completely divorced from trust no matter what the heroes do meaning they themselves should not be trusted in turn. This will all turn out to be a plot to get rid of the heroes in the end and Tony will admit he was wrong anyway.
>>
>>77911884

The Vice President and the Secretary of State both turned out to be working for separate evil conspiracies a year apart from each other and the government is seriously going to try to tell the heroes they fucked up?

The only hero who ever really showed bad enough judgment to put many people in danger (Iron Man) is now going to claim the high ground and act like the OTHERS need to be reigned in?

The entire premise is a fucking joke.

Besides if it wasn't for Cap and his unwillingness to bend and spread for authority we'd all be hailing Hydra.
>>
>>77910825
>But Doctor what about my husbando Steve
>>
>>77904348
>i thought she was with you
yesterday trailer was fucking bad yeezus.im still gonna see it but i feel like im just buying a ticket for extended scenes.
>>
>>77909541
Stark is only a genius when it comes to making weapons and tech, he's pretty stupid otherwise actually.
>>
>>77905634

Falcon was actually giving a Scott a real hard time even countering and punching him back despite him being Ant sized.

Then Scott jumped into his pack and wrecked it and his googles he was using to track him, ending the fight.

Widow has no gadgets big enough for Scott to sabotage.
>>
>>77912076

This is true, but it sounds like Tony is basically told "Get Cap to tow the line or arrest him or we're taking him out." which while it does pretty much prove the Government is excessive and/or evil it also brings in a point that Tony had when backing the Pro side in the comics.

It was quickly forgotten in favor of turning him into Iron Hitler and him and Reed wanting to use it as an excuse to start revolutionizing the globe and turn all heroes into basically the Justice Lords.

But Tony's intitial point was they had to back it because the government was gonna pass it regardless and if they all rejected it then they'd just go to war with superheroes entirely and they couldn't fight the entire government and ever look like the good guys in the eyes of the world again, let alone the innocents that would die in the crossfire. And this was proven right as in an AU take on it where Tony died a while before due to an unreleated event, when Cap goes rogue all the heroes side with him without Tony to provide a counter arguement and the government sends out the Sentinels and kills everyone.

Especially in the MCU where they've only got 6 Avengers and don't have Thor or Hulk around, and the accords are a global thing, they kind of have to back it or else fight the whole world, which they definitely can't do.
>>
File: 1431448167071.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1431448167071.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
>>77902840
>same directors of Winter Soldier action
>two teams of heroes beating the shit out of each other
>everyone is finally well established characters on their own
>>
>>77903202
I fucking hate Bendis and I hate that even now he doesn't see anything wrong with this
>>
>>77917112
This.

What the hell Marvel with pushing for Team Tony or Team Cap when the real issue is the government forcing extenuating circumstances.

Betcha Zemo orchestrated this drama all along. He more or less placed our heroes in a Twilight angst fanfic and is using Marvel to push for Team Jacob vs Team Edward and forcing Cap into Bella's role to render him useless.
>>
>>77902344
SHIELD going from the nation's foremost department of homeland security to a clandestine organization manned by a man with a robot arm and his close friends probably had something to do with it.
>>
>>77919051

>What the hell Marvel with pushing for Team Tony or Team Cap

It sells merchandise.

Once again, the marketing team is not the film production team.

>Betcha Zemo orchestrated this drama all along

Of course he did, it's the only way the story makes any sense and ha a third act that doesn't involve Tony or Steve dead.
>>
>>77911669
Hulk was pretty hairy in Avengers.
But how do you solve the mustache thing? Easy. Give Red Hulk a mustache.
>>
>>77912357
Wonder Woman sucks them both off, problem solved.
>>
File: rly.gif (268 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rly.gif
268 KB, 500x281
>>77902897
>While Black Widow gives an all-out thrashing to Ant-Man

fucking what
>>
>>77902897
>While Black Widow gives an all-out thrashing to Ant-Man,
I can see the Tumblr gifs now and all the "That's for taking away Black Widow's movie!" and gifs of black girls sipping tea.
>>
File: neat.png (11 KB, 410x284) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
11 KB, 410x284
>It's literally a "sempai why don't you notice me" the movie
>>
>>77911669
>How the hell will they explain the mustache disappearing tho?
Ross in EMH had a mustache and he Rulk'ed out just fine
>>
>>77919051
>What the hell Marvel with pushing for Team Tony or Team Cap
Because it sounds cooler to market.

>when the real issue is the government forcing extenuating circumstances.
Isn't that the point? They fight but then realize the actual problem?
>>
>>77905901
I think it's basically Tony thinking that because Cap tolerated him and went to his party and was polite to him once or twice, and because Tony funded the shit out of the Avengers that they were automatically friends.

I mean Tony is kind of a dick to Pepper and Rhodey in his movies but there's years and years of friendship with Rhodey who knows how Tony rolls and Pepper had to put up with him until she liked him.

I mean the guy brings her strawberries to make up with her and she gets frustrated because she's allergic to them, that's a douchey thing to do to someone you are suppose to be close to.

But Steve is not the guy who falls for the lovable jerk and he rather not deal with jerks at all, and while he thinks Tony is a guy who means well he doesn't particularly feels close to him.

>>77911800
I can see this too, RDJ does bring up the fact in the article that Tony is rubbing him being Steve's superior and having the upper hand on Steve because he's angry about having his feelings being unrequited and that it's being happening for awhile.

I mean their first real interaction (after the Mr. Stark and Captain exchange) is Tony quipping at him and making fun of his age and him being frozen while Steve just ignores him.
>>
>>77902799
Wanda, what are you doing?
>>
>>77903263
>feels shoehoerned

...in your imagination you mean. Since you know nothing of him in the actual movie.

Could you be more open minded?
>>
>>77911669
the solution to the wacky shifting densities in Ant-Man is literally "Pym particles"
>>
>>77905901
>>77922309
Well, first, it's clear that Tony's in a different state of mind, questioning who he is and where he should go from here. Having the approval of one of the best friends of his father at this point weighs a lot, more than before AoU.

But also: these are two soldiers, who time and again fought alongside one another staring death in the face. Even when you don't agree with eachother, those circumstances, when you have to completely trust in the person standing beside you, forge a bond, a friendship that transcends race, class, or politics.

Cap knows this. He's been there before, in the War. For Tony, on the other hand, this is new. Cap knows how to contextualize the bonds forged in war, whereas Tony thinks they're as unshakeable as his friendship with Rhodey.
>>
this movie sounds gay as hell. i don't mean it in a bad sense i mean that it sounds like a love drama between tony, steve and bucky.
>>
>>77902231
>I wholeheartedly agree with what he does in this. Which is, by the way, more than I could say for some of the other movies."
He talking about Avengers 2?
>>
It's funny to think that part of the reason Cap barely tolerated Tony's attitude is because he was almost used to it thanks to Howard in WWII
>>
>>77922526
Probably, it's the only movie where he doesn't come out looking like a saint.
>>
>>77922458
>instead of Team Tony and Team Cap, Marvel does promo with Team Tony and Team Bucky
>"Whose side are you on in the battle for Cap's heart?"
>>
>>77922780
Man, Whedon must have been throwing hissy fits around that set, and you know that the movie wasn't that great whenever they talked about how much bigger it was than every other MCU movie.

You can totally tell from interviews that Evans doesn't really like Whedon, but praises the Russos constantly, and Whedon keeps praising everyone in his director commentary except RDJ and Evans.

Good riddance to him.
>>
>>77922413
> Steve and Vision both "betray" Stark for the guy who murdered his parents and the girl who (probably) wrecked Rhodey.
>>
>>77922821
Scarjo and Elizabeth Olsen also took some slight digs at Whedon in some interviews if I remember right.

Seems like most of them prefer working with the Russos and Markus & Mcfeely.
>>
>>77922852
>Scarlett Johansson: I’m excited to work with the Russos again. They have a very different approach to this universe than Joss, just different. It will be interesting to see how they treat all of these new characters.

>Elizabeth Olsen: I think it’s going to be the best one, no, no, but for real, I am very excited to see it for myself. I only worked on set for five weeks, so I wasn’t there for the majority of it, but Daniel Brühl is an incredible actor and he’s playing the main villain in it. He’s incredible. It’s a movie about people as opposed to robots this time, so it’s darker and it’s allowed to be darker because it gets more in the mindset of humans rather than machines.
>>
>>77922852
But Olsen is pretty much there almost entirely because of Joss.
Joss was a bit dickish to Evans from what I hear and she likes Chris alot (well everyone does except Joss) so its more likely that.

Its worth remembering that the Russos and McFeely/Marcus are four people.

Whedon was one person.
>>
>>77922821
Got some of those interviews? Only thing I've seen was that one at Disney Expo where Mackie is making fun of Evans about 'Language!'.
I never really liked Whedon's work but I can't help but feel bad for him in regards to his time at Marvel. A lot of people just didn't want to be there, RDJ seems like a nightmare to work with, Scarlet got preggo before shooting, Feige was hovering, etc.
>>
>Civil War
>well written motivations for conflict

>BVS
>UR AN ALIEN!!!!
>>
>>77922852
>>77922883
>>77922924
I was the one at >>77922821
Olsen seemed cool in an interview she had with Whedon, and so does Ruffallo. It seems like he has a bias towards the ones he cast. You can find the first one by googling the names.

>>77922940
The example for RDJ seems to be in the interviews pasta'd onto this thread. The other example I had with Evans I won't be able to find, but it's the one where he reassures people that he no longer has intentions of leaving the franchise after the contract is up. Basically, after Whedon said he quit. He praised working with the Russos is much easier and implied that it's easier for the actors to give some input. Whedon comes across as a control freak.
>>
>>77922982
Back to /v/ with your shitty company wars.
>>
File: 1339687091250.png (94 KB, 1061x601) Image search: [Google]
1339687091250.png
94 KB, 1061x601
>>77923008
company wars are an ancient /co/ topic, friend
>>
>>Both this and BvS will not end in any lasting consequences as they will all team up to fight bigger villain.
>>
>>77923470
Yeah but they have been, historically, always joking and lighthearted, unlike the modern /v/-style company wars currently infesting the board.
>>
>>77923470
That's about the in-universe outlook from the characters point of view about their own happiness, man, not opinions about the universes from the readers.
>>
>>77908098
It looks like that awful Liefeld cover. Except not shit.
>>
>>77923570
I expect a liquid-filter distortion on it soon.
>>
File: tom holland.jpg (46 KB, 588x599) Image search: [Google]
tom holland.jpg
46 KB, 588x599
>In a recent interview with Collider, Holland spoke at length about his preparation for the role of a lifetime. When asked about his more than impressive backflipping skills, which many of you may have seen posted on his personal Instagram, he admitted that it was a skill he developed long before landing the Spidey job: "I used to be in a show in London called Billy Elliot, so I was one of the young kids in that, and that’s just one of the skills I learned from there really. And I’ve just sort of continued on with it and tried to excel, and it’s gonna help me a lot I think when we come to shooting Spider-Man."

>There's been a lot of talk about which line of comics Marvel Studios, Sony Pictures, & Jon Watts, John Francis Daley, & Jonathan M. Goldstein may use as inspiration for their new interpretation of Spider-Man with the Ultimate line of comics seemingly the most likely candidate. Holland more or less confirmed the fact when he shared his favorite comic at the moment, which is, of course, Ultimate Spider-Man:

>“There’s lots of things I didn’t know about him. I mean, there’s so many different versions of his story, and my favorite of which at the moment is the Ultimate Spider-Man. And the one thing I’m really excited about is that he’s not a superhero that’s on his own, you know? He has connections with some of the most powerful people in this Marvel Universe so I’m quite excited to explore that and see if Marvel will go down that route, you know? Which I’m sure they will. I mean, if they’ve got all these incredible characters at hand, I mean, why not use them, you know?”
>>
>>77923797
https://www.instagram.com/p/9texgkMdoL/?taken-by=tomholland2013

His backflipping skills.
>>
>>77923843
wow, I'm fucking impressed! But they won't let him to many of his own stunts, so is this more a promo for Spider-Man or are they going to find a way of letting him do this with no risk of injury?
>>
>>77923909
It's just what he does I believe. He has tumbling videos up from before he got the role.
>>
>>77924006
I get that, but him releasing that video could be him advertising for Marvel, and if so, does he get to do any in the actual movie? Maybe as Peter Parker he will have to do some Spidey moves and he could do them without camera tricks.

I now have to see if he can act
>>
>>77922982
>BvS
>Man fearing the implications of the presence of a godlike alien does something to make sure a disaster that happened years ago does not repeat

>Civil War
>Muh Bucky

Really, you could just trivialize anything that you don't like.
>>
>>77924182
BvS
>It's DOOMSDAY!!! YOU KNOW THE GUY WHO KILLS SUPERMAN!!!!! LOOK HOW COOL WE ARE!!!!

Civil War
>Friends hurting each other

Yes, I'm exaggerating. The BvS interactions looked fucking awesome, then Lex came in a fucked the whole trailer up with his memeing and then going full Doomsday
>>
File: cappanther.jpg (55 KB, 575x571) Image search: [Google]
cappanther.jpg
55 KB, 575x571
>TOOOONNNNYYY!!!
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 615x300) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 615x300
>>77924248
They'll both be good. But bvs will be better
>>
>>77924248
>memeing
So /co/ really just decided to replace the word joke with meme, huh?
>>
>>77902930
Making it Crossbones would be stupid and redundant, given the events of AoU.
>>
>>77922982
This
>>
>>77903405
MCU has Tony's dad with a huge Captain America boner, right?
>>
>>77926111
Howard Stark masturbated to pictures 9f Cap.

Everyday he told Tony, "Cap is the best, you little shit...see that Cap, he's perfect...unlike you."
>>
>>77926111
Yes we saw hints of that in Iron Man 3 and in Avengers when Tony made the "I can't believe he's the guy my dad never shut up about" comment

But Agent Carter sealed it, Howard keeping a vial of Steve's blood at the SSR and having Peggy retrieve it while lying to her about what it was, him considering Steve his greatest achievement before having Tony, Peggy saying that they both loved him, Howard's greatest desire being finding Steve alive.

I am thinking the never finding Steve thing is his greatest hang up, like he failed there and the guy's legacy is important to him, I kind of wish there was a plot line in Agent Carter about the Cap legacy continuing since that was teased by the Russos and never came to fruition know that we know about Civil War, and that we got Jeffrey Mace, William Naslund, and William Burnside picking up the Cap mantle in the MCU, it would certainly be interesting to see Peggy, Howard and a bunch of other people who knew Steve react to that.
>>
>>77916487
But also no goggles to be able to track him, right?
>>
>>77903578
>>77904241
>>77904619
>>77905634
Spiders eats ants
>>
>>77928571
>Spiders eats ants
Ants eat spiders too
>>
So this whole movie is a four man love quadrangle?

Jesus fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 612x380
>Bucky seems to be emerging from the fog of the Winter Soldier, but that’s a journey itself, right?

>It doesn’t just suddenly all come back to him, just because he’s learned certain things about himself. It’s not like he immediately has all these emotions and feelings and points of view about people and families that he’s dealt with — or Steve. The knowledge is there, but the emotions aren’t explored yet, which also makes it very interesting to play.

I unironically hope CW is romantic as hell.
>>
So wait, this entire movie is just Cap and Tony fighting over husbandos Panther,Falcon and Bucky?

This shit is gay

>>77922309
>I think it's basically Tony thinking that because Cap tolerated him and went to his party and was polite to him once or twice, and because Tony funded the shit out of the Avengers that they were automatically friends.
Holy shit this feel is 2real

>>77912076
>>77911884
>>77917112
>>77919051

When your condom breaks youd ont go and fuck every crack whore wrong, the fact those "good guy" groups were so easily compromised means you should be locking down, not easing up. If half of fucking SHIELD with all it's red tape and checks an balances went all evil, how the hell are six guys with wmd god powers somehow immune from putting the world in the bottle .

The whole idea that people magically become evil when they call themslevs the "government" is retarded, especially when the Avengers are now basically a private unelected superpower DIRECTLY responsible to the deaths of untold millions.
Seriously though I love how they are overlaying an emotional conflict to the poltical one. Brilliant.
>>

This is a fucking gay movie isnt it.

Lik,e every single post here is about the deep love and passion men have for each other
>>
>>77928593
Who's the fourth man?
>>
>>77929233
Five actuallt

tony is tsun for Cap, Cap is full Bucky, Tony is jelly of Bucky and falcon and Bp is caught between the two
>>
Might as well post the Sebastian Stan/Winter Soldier interview too

>Steve Rogers doesn’t have a lot of soft spots, but Crossbones knows just where to hit him.

>In Captain America: Civil War, Chris Evans’ supersoldier comes face-to-what’s-left-of-face with Frank Grillo’s mercenary from 2014’s The Winter Soldier in the middle of a new Avengers takedown of a terrorist act in progress.

>After a brawl that ends with Crossbones on his knees, Cap rips the metallic, skull-shaped mask off as his foe mutters: “You know… he remembered you. Your pal… your buddy… your Bucky.”

>During EW’s set visit to Civil War, here’s what Sebastian Stan had to say about his character – who’s really two characters, and now, maybe three.

>ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What have you done so far in Civil War that’s exciting for you?
>Sebastian Stan: Oh, it’s so much fun. And it can be so nerve‑wracking, too. I’m really in awe of our stunt coordinators, Sam Hargrave and James Young. We had them on Winter Soldier and they’ve just given a whole different energy to these movies. The fighting is just very grounded. It’s brutal. It’s very physical. I kind of feel like I’m really learning how to fight, to be honest!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.