[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girl Genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: ggmain20151130.jpg (302 KB, 700x1035) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20151130.jpg
302 KB, 700x1035
C'mon /co/, why no GG? Plotline is a solid steampunk mad romance adventure weird wa-kabo-na-noozl thing. Moreover, it seems to be going to places, maybe even forward.
>>
>>77818626
>why no GG
the plot slowed to a snail's pace and everyone lost interest a couple years ago. You should have stuck to XXXenophile.
>>
>You should have stuck to XXXenophile.

wat
>>
>>77818626
What this anon said. >>77818641
I still check it every update out of habit. And every so often it manages to make me genuinely like it again.

But it's dragged out for so long now with so little to show for it. The castle went on forever and had no reason to. There's apparently major happenings in Europa now and all of it is taking place off screen, while Agatha continues to fuck around in some place. We are only just now getting to the time windows which were the very first fucking thing we saw in this comic. This is the sort of story that desperately needs an editor. In retrospect, even the pre-castle stuff is full of detours and ultimately kind of pointless adventures in the larger scope.

What the comic actually wants is just zany, mad science adventures. The actual plot is secondary. The pacing is therefore atrocious and they continue to take unannounced and lengthy filler arcs that are divorced entirely from the story. And it's just worn out its welcome a bit. Like I said, every so often it manages to be fun again. But "crazy science" only gets you so far.
>>
>>77818626
It got predictable and boring to me, is why I dropped it.
>>
>>77818626
Never heard of it, but if that page is representative of the comic, I think I'll pass.
>>
ARE THEY STILL ON NAMEK- I MEAN THE BOAT- I MEAN PLAYING HITBALL- I MEAN CASTLE HEDERODYNE???
>>
>>77818626
It doesn't have an archive. So, if I wanna find the page I was one, I have to start from the beginning, and go all the way over. and it's way too long for that.
>>
>>77819258

See, this is why I let 3-6 months worth of updates build up and then blow through it in a marathon. My wife, on the other hand, has to read each and every update as soon as humanly possible.
>>
>>77819606

That's not true.
>>
>>77820402

Plus, you don't know how to fucking bookmark a page? Are you from this millennium?
>>
really, op, its just because everyone is already reading it. its always on the share your bookmark lists, just like el goonish shive, for a lot of the same reasons.

its basic at this point
>>
>>77818626

i can't stand the art. it looks like the artist draws everything except the characters' faces, and then hands it off to his pet monkey to fill them in after the fact. and the monkey has to struggle really hard, because the artist drew the same exact head shape in every panel regardless of perspective or jaw movement.

also he does that thing where he learned to draw eyes as always having a brow or eyelids, but forgot that eyelids and brows cover up some of the eyeball and so should not take up the entire eye socket/forehead.

otherwise i have heard that phil foglio is generally a cool guy
>>
>>77821572
Same, I never got into GG 'cause the faces are terrible.
>>
Agatha for Evil Overlady!
>>
>>77820479
God damn, EGS, I used to give such a fuck about EGS, Girl Genius, Sam and Fuzzy shortpacked and shit. 6 years ago, I used to read like 20 webcomics every week. Then I just... stopped caring, one by one, they all become a slow, pointless dramafest, while others like Sinfest and Questionable Content, slowly or suddenly turned into the trainwreck we know and love to hate. The only Webcomic I still read from that age is Dr Mcninja, and that´s coming to an end next year.

Just...what happened?
>>
>>77818626
I can't decide which is worse: Paranatural's constant gradient backgrounds or these eye-raping flesh texture backgrounds.
>>
>>77823969
You got a life and moved on from webcomics maybe?
Myself I've started reading webcomics rather recently (about a year ago) and have therefore never gotten into any of the ones you mentioned, instead my bookmarks are full of newer webcomics that have mostly started during the last 1-5 years.

I foresee that in a few years I, too, will have lost interest in the current webcomics, a lot of them will have become terrible shitfests and instead a new roster of webcomics and webcomic readers will have entered the scene. The cycle will keep repeating and Questionable Content will forever hang around as the ancient "why the hell is this shit popular" comic.
>>
>>77821572
>>77821965
Thank god I thought I was the only one who vomits at them. How the fuck do people read this? Do they blur the faces first?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.