[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a better future batman story than Millerbats? I think so.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 560x840
Is this a better future batman story than Millerbats?

I think so.
>>
File: DK3_Rafael_Albuquerque.jpg (260 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
DK3_Rafael_Albuquerque.jpg
260 KB, 600x911
>>77802467
Poor bait anon.

Batman 100 is not only ripping Batman: Year One most of the time, it's also mostly boring with poor characterization, a true lack of plot and no fleshed out structure.

Its basic idea is "You won't know if this is Bruce Wayne who is 120 years old or a new bat-successor, but it doesn't matter because what matters is that Batman is eternal, and so I don't have to explain shit to the readers". The basics are quite simple and don't deliver anything interesting.

As for the fake teeth "oh-so-scary", it was fun but ultimately a shit idea.

The only good thing is the aesthetics and the care for showing how fabric/clothes work as well as showing a Batman with a utility belt that doesn't rely on gimmicks, but on a few tricks and that's it.

Millerbats is far more ingenous, original and ground-breaking, has a real structure and a lot of imagination to its service, and (but that's far more personal) much better art. It's also not reaping another pre-existent story, whereas 100 is reaping the treasures left behind by Miller and the like.
>>
>>77802467
Yes it is.

>>77802691
You're a fucking idiot it's a meta commentary on the mythos and how Batman is bigger than Bruce Wayne. It's about how even once Batman grows past the Bruce Wayne identity there will always be a Batman. Keep reading MillerBats though you fucking idiot, Year 100 is clearly way over your head.
>>
I have literally never been able to get past the cover with Batman's weird squashed head.

Should I give this a shot?
>>
>>77802729
Toplel

I gave great care to explain my p.o.v., and here's what you provided to this thread:
>Saying 'yes, 100 is better' without giving any reason at all why it is
>Insulting me and repeating what I just said about Batman prevailing through time (by being or not Bruce)

Must be nice to be 10 and using the internet before bedtime, kiddo ;^)
>>
File: ARKMAN_Cv6.jpg (305 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
ARKMAN_Cv6.jpg
305 KB, 791x1200
>>77802783
I would recommend not to, but if you love Batman and want to see everything he's been in it, at least 100 is a somewhat aesthetically new take. But I don't think it's really good (see : >>77802691)
>>
>>77802729
He literally addressed that and claimed it's a cop out so there doesn't have to be a proper plot or character arc because Pope couldn't into writing at the time.
>>
>>77802729
I like Y100 but if you think it's somehow mpre substantial than Miller Bats because of an incredibly lazy meta-narrative that Miller himself has explored you're retarded
>>
I love me some Pope but Year 100 is pretty fucking boring.
>>
This isn't Batman in Bethlehem
>>
>>77802824
>>77802921
There was a proper plot not to mention great mystery elements with what happened at Arkham and the government making the flesh eating virus.

Saying that it isn't any good cause Pope uses references and gives a meta commentary on the Batman as a mythos is not only retarded and wrong but bears no validity. You are the same type of people that think Morrison's run is bad cause he also uses references and the mythos to add depth.

It's not suppose to answer the question of who's Batman cause it doesn't matter. That is a story element as well. Also MillerBats happened within the Year 100 universe.
>>
>>77802467
No. You mean frank miller batman? No.

Is it a great Batman story? Absolutely. Excellent pacing, wonderful homage to the batman mythos, while the art style is a little weird for my taste, the cover makes it seem worse than it really is, and in terms of story telling, the art is actually very good-- like good transitions, good panels and so on.

TLDR-- yes, you should read Batman Year 100, its great, but not as good as Year 1 and DKR.
>>
>>77803835
Lol no, I'm a huge Morrisonfag and love everything from him.

But Year 100 still has no plot
>what happened at arkham
>governmental virus
Oh yeah? How did it go plotwise? It was solved in a tidy bow in less than 5min and way too conveniently, without story payback or real emotional impact. It was also a huge borrow from Millerbars, especially the gordon bit as well as governments being corrupted and even evil.
>>
>>77802729
>it's a meta commentary on the mythos and how Batman is bigger than Bruce Wayne.
Oh, you mean the meta-commentary that about half of Batman runs tackle at one point or another?
>>
>>77807461
It was not wrapped up in 5 min at all. It was a well told elaborate story but I'm not gonna sit here and type all of it out for someone that clearly either hasn't read it or read it once.
>>
>>77807815
Well son, you're the first Popefag I've ever met, and I can already tell for sure Popefags are worse than peterfags or waifuists. Clearly a feat in itself, pal.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.