[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HYPERCRISIS FOR REAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: dc is real.jpg (108 KB, 316x799) Image search: [Google]
dc is real.jpg
108 KB, 316x799
This is a hypercrisis thread, but a kind of different one. Instead of making presumptions about fictional characters in a fictional world we are going to make presumptions about fictional characters in the real world.

A little backstory, there was a thread a couple of days ago made by a pschotic girl that claimed she had 30 years worth of Harley Quinn's memories from the post-crisis/pre-flashpoint dc universe. In the beggining she said she was an unimportant character, then that she helped bring down a shitload of criminals in the DCU, then she said it was a psychotic episode which left her with these memories, but then she said that she was helped across the source wall to our world by the JLA as some kind of witness protection program. In the beggining she only wanted to give details about her imagined life in gotham but the thread was kinda derailed and she ended up talking about the DCU in depth, and saying that she "saw something coming here" which made her belive this earth/universe/reality is on the verge of becoming more magical, like the DCU ( think metahumans, impossible scientific achievments, possibly aliens??? ).

there is no question that the person in question has issues, but i wanted to discuss the possibility of our earth being tied to the dcu earth ( apparently there were more people who experienced similar shit like her in the thread and some others she mentioned, and i'm sure there are some other turbo autists who think that they come from gotham ), and the possibility of our earth turning into some kind of magical colourful earth sprawling with metas. what if grant morrison predicted this, what if we are in a earth-1/earth-2 relationship with the prime earth, where fiction on either side influences the universe. It's possible, since our earth frequently experiences "continuity errors"(google the mandela effect), or maybe god is just messing with us.

anyway, here's the archived thread : >>84492391
>>
breddy spooky. what do you make of this anons, especially the hypercrisis experts
>>
File: 1429097651046.gif (773 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1429097651046.gif
773 KB, 400x299
>>84567827
>but i wanted to discuss the possibility of our earth being tied to the dcu earth

It already is, you idiot.

The stories that come from the DCU affect our world as we read them. How many people have been inspired by Superman or Batman or other superheroes in our world to do better?

Just because we don't have alien invasions every other week and don't have people running around in leotard costumes with capes doesn't mean that we don't have heroes, villains, or the stories that result from the two coming into conflict with each other.

I'm sick of people sitting around wishing that the world would magically become like comics, that they get superpowers out of nowhere, Your life already is a story, fucking write something good with it already. Be inspired by those things and make them a reality in your own life.
>>
File: (you).jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>84567909
>(you)

anyway, is there someone who is not upset about their mom not making them tendies up for a discussion
>>
So chris chan was right all along?
>>
>>84568158
who is that ? what was he right about
>>
>>84568121
>telling you to get off your ass and put the ideals you've learned through comics to use in your own life
>makes me a fedora neckbeard

Are you from Bizarro-world, anon.

This being a Hypercrisis thread, I will also refer to you to read Flex Mentallo.
>>
>>84568425
but you are, you're putting too much emotion into your posts. i, on the other hand can live a healthy life regardless of what an australian pearl hunting forum will say
>>
File: file.jpg (58 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
58 KB, 500x300
Orson Welles is probably another Hypercrisis candidate. He was so enamored with the character of Falstaff from Henry the 8th that he was almost indistinguishable from him in his later years
>>
>>84568502

But anon, I do care what happens to you. I know what it's like to browse through these forums directionless, disappointed with my life and with a lot of self-loathing anxiety and depression about things. That's the lure of escapist fiction, that tells us that superheroes exist. It's too easy to just let them exist in our minds and imaginations rather than realizing the real purpose of such heroic fiction. I lived for too long in that pit to not care about other people falling into the same trap.

Remember, fairy tales are important. Not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be killed. And not all dragons are scaly and breathe fire.

Morrison's basic ideal about heroic fiction, particularly when it comes to superhero archetypes, is that they are idealized forms of characteristics that humanity already has. Altruism, selflessness, courage. It's these ideals that resonate with us, and why superheroes in comics have been such perennial figures. It's our desire to see those narratives fulfilled that keeps whole universes like the DCU sustained and continually evolving. But if we're only content to read about those narratives, then we are keeping them locked away and preventing them from truly becoming real. We make heroes real by internalizing the lessons from those stories and starting to model our own lives off of them. Superman does not exist until other people can see his actions through us, until they have an impact on our world, in people's direct lives. Not just by reading about it, but seeing it done.

It's up to you to prove that those ideals aren't just pretty words in fiction.
>>
there is 100% a dc universe out there in the multiverse, just like there is a marvel one and just like there is one which is exactly the same as ours, but where one electron in a single atom spins differently than one in our universe. there are infinite possibilities, so there is a universe for each of this possibility but i doubt we could ever acces one of this universes, let alone identify and choose the one that hosts the dcu earth
>>
>>84568121
>>84568502
I don't want to share a Hyper-Crisis thread with a faggot like you. Quit trying to shepherd discussion.
>>
>>84568691
as i said before, i don't need you to tell me to get off my ass and do something of myself, since i'm a normal person, i'm not some neet hoping to meet superman. i browse the chon pretty infrequently and i have a life outside this boards. i wanted to have a discussion about alternate realities, shifting timelines and spooky shit like that happens in our world, and hopefully get some input from some other schizo who thinks they lived in the dcu. this belonged in /x/ more than it does in /co/ tho
>>
>>84568764
not teying to shepard anything, if anything the title was misleading since i'm more interested in other shit ( see >>84568799 ) than in morrison's work
>>
>>84568799

It depends on who you talk to. Some people really heavily buy into the sigil magic side of things.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.