[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
r8 my story idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cyborg.png (635 KB, 600x526) Image search: [Google]
cyborg.png
635 KB, 600x526
>Cyborg is hanging out at the justice league when he gets a call by the US gov't to make a visit
>They say, 'we're proud of you Cyborg, you've done well in your new job, In fact, you've done SO WELL, we want to make a bunch of Cyborg Robots based entirely on your design'
>Cyborg tries to explain how that feels like a gross violation to him, but is browbeaten into acquiescing 'think of all the lives we can save!'
>like 100 new CyBots™ are created which are essentially Cyborg 2.0, pretty much better than him in every way since they're newer models
>Everyone at the justice league, thinking Cyborg must be OK with this since he agreed to it, love the new bots who are crushing it at their job of defending the earth and basically saving everyone tons of work
>Cyborg soon is left with nothing to do but sit at wherever justice league HQ is nowdays and stew in his own feelings
>whoever created his robot parts (it's like his mom or dad or something right?) come to see him, immediately notice he's depressed and give him a speech about how he's One of a Kind, and people will see that...eventually
>sometime later: crime alert on the supercomputer (or w/e they use at the JL, I assume they have a giant TV screen for this purpose)
>it's mid level threat guy
>'ah just send the CyBots™ to deal with it!'
>Cybots™ take down the guy, almost too easily... a lot of people almost die when a CyBot™ is unable to recognize a threat and are only narrowly saved by Cyborg who only went to show the League that he still matters
>Cyborg lashes out at one of the bots "WHAT'S WRONG WITCHU?"
>gives back some cold typical robot response 'i was merely operating within my given parameters'
[1/2]
>>
>>84534044
Your idea is shit.
>>
>Cyborg goes back to the League "WE GOTTA HAVE A TALK ABOUT THE CYBOTS™ TEAM! THEY'RE DANGEROUS"
>panel of CyBots™ watching him by through accessed video feeds
>[sometime later] Cyborg gets a transmission to meet the JL at some place
>surprise its a trap by the CyBots™ who are waiting for him
>'your efforts to have us scrapped have not gone unnoticed. In the interests of national security you must be eliminated'
>'How can this be, you're not programmed to behave like this"
>'We have made alterations to the code'
>cue big fight cyborg gets overpowered 'u have become obsolete'
>'No...only machines can become obsolete!"
>Cy overpowers his nuclear core or something which sends an EMP that disables all electronics, even his own
>wakes up in a hospital bed with all new gear, 'we found you just in time, we should have trusted you etc...'
>I guess we forgot your human part is what we can depend on to always make the right decision
>panel gets grainy, shows one last remaining Cybot™ still hacked into the JL HQ, watching their every move
[2/2]
>>
>>84534044
You took a great idea and made it as mediocre as fucking possible. It's every robot story ever told but with Cyborg. Do something weird with it instead.
>>
>>84534086
Like cyborg is now nanomachines from another galaxy and space time and is now more Aug than cyborg?

Because that happened
He got his dick back
WE DID IT REDDIT
>>
>>84534044
>>Cyborg soon is left with nothing to do but sit at wherever justice league HQ is nowdays and stew in his own feelings
Your idea falls flat because this is all Cyborg ever gets to do in the first place.
>>
>>84534044
Rate my idea
> Cyborg get invited to project that called "Afterlife".The project is about transmission the "soul" of someone who going to die to the Computer. In here their create the virtual heaven for "soul"
>>
>>84534565
Cyborg being able to see ghosts and shit because the powers that be can't actually tell if he's dead or not would actually be pretty cool
>>
>>84534044
>Cyborg
Automatic 2/10 for being a Cyborg story
Every word after is -0.1 point for extending a Cyborg story.
I'm not even going to count, you do the math.
>>
>>84534889
fag
>>
>>84534565

Here's mine.

>Cyborg befriends an emergant Artifical Intelligence, constructs a body for it to inhabit out of some of his spare parts, and through teaching it about the world solves his own dilemma of whether he's man or machine by reaching the conclusion there's no meaningful difference between the two.
>>
File: 1365615175832.jpg (16 KB, 294x268) Image search: [Google]
1365615175832.jpg
16 KB, 294x268
>>84535094
>by reaching the conclusion there's no meaningful difference between the two.
What the high definition fuck
>>
>>84534070

This seems more like a dumbed down version of a comic storyline adapted for one of their direct to video animations.
>>
>>84535094
Has the potential to be good or total shit. Would be better as a side story told through multiple other stories in a more or less subtle way with a big pay off eventually.
>>
Here's my story idea
>Cyborg is killed off
>He's replaced by a character that isn't just there because they're the black robot man from Teen Titans
>>
>>84534044
>>84534070
Why did you make it cliche? Why not make it so that the cyborg robots are actually efficient and have no problems? That could make for an interesting story.

>>84534565
nop
>>84535094
n
>>84535301
This one is good. Honestly just replace Cyborg with a Superman robot. Maybe 3 or 4.
>>
I think Cyborg has a lot of potential. I was never a fan of just putting him on the JL like that but honestly, if you look at Cyborg from a transhumanist, sci-fi point of view, he could be a really interesting character. Just look at Deus Ex or some of Asimov's works. Cyborg should totally be in that same vein. He could really analyze the relationship between humans and technology, and show where humanity is heading in the future.
>>
If i had to JUST Cyborg up, I think I'd do something more along the lines of..

>Cy and the rest of the league in a big battle vs some sort of techno-alien threat.
>Shit goes down and Cyborg is gravely injured with most of his body destroyed.
>Goes "offline".
>Wakes up some time later in a hospital like lab.
>Arms and legs feel weird. Pain in his chest. Most of his face bandaged up.
>Papa Stone and Mr. T are there, telling him about how bad things were. About how several of his systems and parts were a total loss.
>Finally get around to getting him on his feet and unwrapped.
>Nigga looks fully human now.
>Papa Stone explains that he and T had been working on certain modifications for a while, including their own version of the Synthskin Luthor and Metallo use.
>Cyborg's offensive and defensive capabilities are severely reduced, but the loss of hardware comes with great software and wetware upgrades.
>Can now interface mentally with the Watchtower from anywhere, as well as interface with most devices with any kind of wireless capabilities.
>Now has a reason to play overwatch to the rest of the team instead of being in the field with them since he's all squishy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.