[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comic Voice Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Mark and Kevin.jpg (278 KB, 750x746) Image search: [Google]
Mark and Kevin.jpg
278 KB, 750x746
Out of curiosity, could you guys share some of the voices you imagine in your head when reading certain characters in a comic. For example do you hear Kevin Conroy when you read Batman. Clancy Brown when you read Lex Luthor, Ron Perlman when you read Deathstroke and so on?
And if a character doesn't have an adaption to base a voice on, what type of voice do you imagine instead?
>>
>>84533753
>you'll never hug Mark Hamill
>>
>>84533753
I guess I have the standard DCAU voices for DC folks. Then again, most of those voices really just fit.

Marvel, not so much, beyond the Cal Dodd Wolverine voice, and the TAS Apocalypse voice.
>>
>>84533759
Why live?
>>84533797
I typically go for the DCAU stuff for Dc too. Though I have some Arkham, like I've used the Penguin and Riddler from those games. I have Matt Ryan for Constantine. I do use Ron Perlman for Deathstroke and the Titans's voice actors from the cartoon, excluding Robin, for their characters.
I don't really have much for Marvel either, Josh Keaton for Spider-Man, TAS for Wolverine, Nolan North for Deadpool. I do use Dafoe for Green Goblin because I grew up watching those movies. Beyond that I normally use voices that fit their personality/archetypes.
>>
Ever since I heard that Larry Hama wanted Cobra Commander to sound like Orson Welles, I've been flipping back and forth between reading him in that voice and his Chris Latta voice in the original cartoon. It's...pretty jarring.
>>
File: nedroidhandsome.jpg (47 KB, 584x245) Image search: [Google]
nedroidhandsome.jpg
47 KB, 584x245
i usually come up with my own voices when reading a character for example nedroid

this is the voice i use for reginald
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Ubx2NHo38P

and this is the one i use for beartato (ignore me saying that is reginald's voice, i fucked up)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ezXae8OcIf
>>
File: jubes.jpg (18 KB, 173x275) Image search: [Google]
jubes.jpg
18 KB, 173x275
>>84533753
i read spidey, venom and mysterio with their voices from the playstation/n64 game
i read daredevil with his voice from the latin american dub of the first netflix daredevil season, it´s just absolutley perfect, i hope they get the same actor to reprise the role in the third season
i also read jubilee with rosy aguirre´s voice,the LatAm VA of buttercup and akane tendo
>>
>>84535102
that beartato is spot on
>>
>>84535672
thanks man, here i made a recording of my favourite strip
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1iR2kOpNvTy
>>
>>84535102
>>84535785
I like the extra step of recording yourself doing how the voices sound
>>
I don't read voices unless I'm actively trying to. Even then it's hard to imagine for me, unless it's some neo-noir type stuff like Miller.
>>
Op here, thanks for your responses. I'm gonna have to go, but if anyone wants to post their own you're welcome to.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.