[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dc_rebirth.jpg (187 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
dc_rebirth.jpg
187 KB, 970x545
How do you guys like Rebirth so far? I really enjoyed the Rebirth one-shot (first time reading DC in ages) and finally just checked out Green Latern and Batman Rebirth. They were alright, but I'm completely sold on them. They definitely feel a little more comic-booky than Marvel, not necessarily a bad thing.
Probably gonna check out the first issue of each at least, I do really like Tom King's Sheriff of Babylon. Is there any other good series I should be reading? I though the connection to Watchmen was really intriguing, has that plot been picked up anywhere?
>>
>has that plot been picked up anywhere?

Not really. Titans has Wally and I think he's going to try to do something but the main Rebirth plot is meant to be addressed over the next two years so it likely won't be substantial, very slow burn.

Flintstones isn't Rebirth but I'd recommend it.
>>
It really seems like DC learned a lot of lessons from both the New 52 reboot and the failures of DC You.

First of all, they're staggering their releases to give people time to pick up what they're interested in rather than doing everything at once and screwing over readers who can't afford to pick up a dozen issues on top of their other pulls for a week.

Secondly, they're focusing on well-known characters that they know will generate a lot of hype and interest. DCYou and the initial New 52 rollout gave us a lot of great off-the-wall niche books with lesser-known characters, but they didn't gain enough traction with readers to stay alive very long. While we're lacking a variety of C and D-list characters for the most part, we've still got a nice tonal variety and diversity of styles across the Rebirth titles we've gotten so far. Whether it's straight-up cape action with the Superman books, a more sober, gritty street level conflict with Green Arrow, or even buddy-space-cop comedy with Green Lanterns.

And even then, we are getting the Young Animal line, in addition to a bunch of neat looking miniseries that focus on lesser-known characters, so DC hasn't seemed to abandon them entirely.

Right now here are the books that I've added to my pull-list

>Aquaman
>Flash
>Batman
>New Superman
>Green Lanterns
>Green Arrow

I want to like Titans but I just can't get past Booth's artwork.
>>
>>84520473
I need to check out New Superman, sounds interesting.
>>
>>84520363
Not bad so far, but who knows if they will keep it up.

My pull list so far:
>Superman
>Action Comics
>New Super-Man
>Superwoman
>Trinity
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Green Lanterns
>Hal Jordan and the GLC
>Aquaman
>Deadman
>>
>>84520643

I expected to dislike it, but they do a good job of making the main character likeable, yet with plenty of room for character development. Reminds me a lot of Jaime as the Blue Beetle.
>>
File: 1465736574735.png (103 KB, 232x327) Image search: [Google]
1465736574735.png
103 KB, 232x327
>>84520363
>How do you guys like Rebirth so far?
>>
Dan Jurgens & Tynion need to leave forever.
>>
>>84521222

Hey Action Comics isn't THAT bad.
>>
>>84520363
The Rebirth one-shot itself was pretty great.

I'm very happy with Batman and Green Arrow so far. The other stuff doesn't interest me quite as much but most of it seems good.

I was pleasantly surprised that DC didn't wait too long to start announcing the weirder and more niche stuff. That Deadman mini sounds like the kind of thing DCYou was going for.

DC's other imprints look solid too. The Hanna Barbera stuff might as well use "better than everyone expected" as its slogan, and Young Animal is probably the thing I'm most hyped for. Vertigo isn't what it used to be but Sheriff of Babylon is one of the best comics coming out.
>>
>>84521706
'Punching doomsday' the series
>>
>>84521706
It's Dan Jurgens redoing a comic he wrote 24 years ago.
>>
>>84521706
it is Lobdell bad
>>
I'm not clear on the whole Superman thing as of Rebirth. I know the one true Superman is back and that the N52 guy is dead or dying or gone or something. I know that Pre-Flashpoint Supes has a son.

What are all the Superman books and which ones are actually good? I love the idea of Lex Luthor as a Superman, I think that's Action Comics?
>>
>>84522077
New Super-Man is good. Superman is ok but not my thing. Action is trash.

Lex is sort of a Superman in Action but he's not really the main character or anything. It might actually be good if it actually starred him but it's just pre-Flashpoint Superman interacting with him. Missed opportunity to do Black Ring 2.0 if we're going to rehash stuff.
>>
>>84522077

Right now there's Superman, Action Comics and New Superman.

Action Comics is the one with Superman beating up Doomsday for multiple issues while people go "HEY REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SUPERMAN FOUGHT DOOMSDAY", and apparently there's another Clark Kent who isn't Superman and some ominous dude saying vague ominous things in the background. It's just boring and super decompressed at the moment.

Superman is actually legit good and has good comfy scenes with Pre-Flashpoint Supes and Superson. New Superman is shockingly REALLY good and is a great intro for a new character.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.