[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anka is the Meme-Lord ongoing artist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: starlord-promo-719ba.jpg (359 KB, 900x1364) Image search: [Google]
starlord-promo-719ba.jpg
359 KB, 900x1364
Anka is the Meme-Lord ongoing artist
>>
>>84511415
>Guardians of earth

How could they be raped like that ?
>>
>>84511415
>Earth
I'm gonna throw up.
>>
>>84511415

http://archive.is/m3nta

>>CBR News: Over the years, Peter Quill has visited his home planet, but he hasn't spent a whole lot of time on Earth since leaving for the stars. The teaser for your new "Star-Lord" series -- Peter face down on the ground being arrested by the police with the tag line "Grounded and Busted" -- suggests that's about to change. What did you find most appealing about a "Star-Lord" book that brings Peter to Earth?

>Kris Anka: Peter may be from Earth, but he isn't of earth, y'know? This is really a new setting for him that's going to bring a lot of emotional resonance to the character. I love playing with character acting so it's going to really be fun to explore Peter being at a "home that isn't home" for him.

>Chip Zdarsky: This felt like a really natural progression for me from "Howard the Duck," who was "trapped in a world he never made," because now I get to do a similar thing with Peter, who's "trapped in a world that made him." He has to deal with feeling like a bit of a stranger on his birth planet after everything that's happened in "Civil War II," which I'm just guessing at cause Marvel has repeatedly told me that they don't trust me with that kind of information. So, it's really a story with similar themes to my "Howard" run. I think my editors at Marvel felt like this kind of project could help me move past ducks and ease into humans.

>>Chip, what can you tell us about the area Peter is operating in? Is he in New York City along with a number of Marvel's other marquee heroes? Kris, what sort of look and flavor do you want to give the urban setting of "Star-Lord?" What's your sense of the city he's operating in?

>Anka: In a lot of ways this'll be a world seen through the eyes of Peter. He's used to the stars. What's it like for him to be somewhere that's all concrete? How does he view that world? In a lot of ways there is a lot thats new for him, but in others this is an unfamiliar, primitive place.
>>
>>84511441

>Zdarsky: Oooo, that's good, Kris. [Scribbles notes down.] Our first arc takes place completely in NYC, but through the underbelly of the city, encountering all sorts of characters, all of which will be ducks.

>>[Laughs] How does Peter initially feel about being on Earth? And how does this new setting impact his personality? Is he still the same sort of brash and sarcastic hero?

>Zdarsky: Yeah, I mean, so much of the fun in writing Peter is his demeanor, so that part definitely stays intact. But he's a little bummed out from what happened in "Civil War II," which, again, I can only assume that he murdered Rocket with his bare hands? Or maybe someone told him he was, like, "a solid 6" on Earth? So he's looking for connection, which is something a human does and I write humans now.

>>[Laughs] Kris, it looks like visually you're not changing Peter's look all that much since he still has his trademark guns and trench coat, correct? What's your sense of Peter Quill as a character? Which of his qualities do you especially want to make sure you convey in your depictions of Star-Lord?

>Anka: Well, I wouldn't say that. [Laughs] Who knows what happens from issue to issue? But the aspect I like about Peter is his natural charisma. He's the guy that can make a bad idea sound really enticing because he genuinely believes in it himself. There is a charming confidence about him.

>Zdarsky: And let me just say, if you have an amazing designer like Kris onboard, and you don't use him to redesign some things? Well, you'd be a garbage person who needs to go work on garbage books! Get out of my sight!

>>You've alluded to something that happens to Peter during "Civil War II" that bums him out, and him being on Earth begs the questions of why is he here and how has that impacted his relationships with other characters like Kitty Pryde and the other Guardians of the Galaxy?
>>
>>84511456

>Zdarsky: You'll know the answers to those questions right away when the book starts because I'm very bad with mysteries.

>>What can you tell us about Peter's sort of status quo on Earth? What kinds of trouble is he routinely getting into? And how is he making ends meet?

>Zdarsky: Like one would expect, Peter quickly runs afoul of the law, so a lot of our first arc is him dealing with the fallout from that and from that really bad thing that happened to him in "Civil War II"(?). As far as making ends meet, I asked Marvel if I could make him a dentist, because as far as I know there aren't any major heroes operating in the Marvel U as dentists, but they wouldn't let me tell a four-year story of Peter going to dental school because they lack vision and courage. So instead I have him as a bartender.

>>[Laughs] What can you tell us about the book's supporting cast? Who are the people that will initially aid and oppose Star-Lord?

>Zdarsky: There'll be a few familiar faces popping up as I'm a sucker for a good cameo, but the main one will be Abigail Brand, who'll be supervising his stay on Earth like an intergalactic parole officer. I'm also giving Peter a senior citizen sidekick, just like I did in "Howard" with Aunt May, because I'm "the man of a million ideas give or take a million!" And I don't want to spoil the identities of his enemies, but let's just say that his greatest enemy? Is his self-doubt about becoming a dentist.

>>[Laughs] Let's move from characters to the look of the series. Kris, what sort of overall feel do you envision the book as having? What's it like moving from a book like "Captain Marvel" that brought super heroes into a science fiction setting to "Star-Lord," a book with a science fiction hero in a super hero setting?
>>
Star Lord is my favorite street level marvel hero
>>
File: 1441233833908.jpg (271 KB, 777x759) Image search: [Google]
1441233833908.jpg
271 KB, 777x759
I bet my ass that by the third issue they will have a crossover with Miles.
>>
>>84511415
Hopefully, containment book for Anka.
>>
File: Star-Lord_1.jpg (626 KB, 1137x1528) Image search: [Google]
Star-Lord_1.jpg
626 KB, 1137x1528
>>84511464

>Anka: The tonal change is actually something I'm really looking forward to. In a lot of ways I've never really done a grounded book before. It's going to really be fun to spend a lot of time in Peter's head and get into the character of him. Looking back on both my time on "Captain Marvel" and "Uncanny X-men," they aren't really "quiet" books, so being able to work on a book about a guy dealing with being in a new world to him will lend itself a lot of fun character exploration for me.

>>What is else in store for Peter's Earthbound future during Marvel NOW!?

>Anka: I'm pretty sure Peter's going to be forgetting his shirt a lot.

>>Zdarsky: No shirt, no shoes, no service? Well, then, Peter Quill will be taking his business elsewhere, good day to you, sir!

>Marvel NOW!'s "Star-Lord" #1 is slated for release in October.
Lol no CBR, I've seen the Marvel shit for October PREVIEWSworld has leaked yesterday but has since taken down, and I saw no mention of Star-Lord.

And pic related by Ramon Perez may be a variant.
>>
>>84511431
It's really interesting how GotG and cosmic stuff sort of as a whole was written up to be this big story thing right, that Marvel then largely wasted because events on Earth and whatnot but then again maybe it concluded where it did for a reason, anyway then the movie happens and it brings it back to the forefront, and then Marvel actively fucks it up.
So it goes Good, Meh, Good, Shit. With the pattern being whenever Marvel is responsible for future responsibility there's an immediate decline.

In conclusion leaving things in Marvel's hands is Rape.
You can replace the logo MARVEL on any of its comics in your LBC with RAPE and no one would even notice.
>>
>>84511441
>Peter is not used to Earth
Did they really completely retcon the fact he was an adult astronaut before becoming Star-Lord? Did they just replace it with the movie origin? That sucks.
>>
>>84511497
Anka is good when he's not drawing women. In fact, his beefcake is great.

I don't know why Marvel put him on Captain Marvel in the first place. Dude just cannot draw the female form.
>>
>>84511529
That's what I mean. His women are terrible, his men are good. Let him draw book with dude protagonist. I still have nightmares of flat Storm.
>>
>>84511511
Maybe rape wasnt the good word, what i mean is that how could fuck up after the success of the movie ?

The main GotG book was awful and all the solos for each member of the team have been mediocre to bad, I want to think this was the fault of Bendis but blaming Bendis for everything might no be the correct answer here.
>>
>>84511612
>but blaming Bendis for everything might no be the correct answer here.
I dunno, has not blaming him worked so far?
>>
>>84511529
>>84511589
ITT: manchildren being mad that not every female cape has DD titsocks.
Get over it. ANAD Captain Marvel looks great.
>>
>>84511509
>Lol no CBR, I've seen the Marvel shit for October PREVIEWSworld has leaked yesterday but has since taken down, and I saw no mention of Star-Lord.
But you're wrong
>>
>>84511662
says the characterfag who will anything with Carol on it
>>
>>84511686
Did you see what October 2016 releases were on PREVIEWSworld yesterday before they're taken down?
>>
>Anka on a male lead

maybe there is hope for the future of beefcake
>>
>>84511529

More like "doesn't want to draw the female form." The guy likes beefcake so much that he makes the cheesecake into beefcake.
>>
>>84511694
Wrong, actually. ANAD's the first time I've ever been interested in the character.
>>
>>84511589
People like him for that though. Because his female art doesn't objectify or something.

I think his art is ok, he's also whiny on Twitter. But again that's secondary.
>>
>>84511516
No, they did retcon his origins but he went to space when he was around 18-19.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 486x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 486x366
>>84511612
Someone needs to make a version of this with Bendis and Humphries raping Starlord, because that's what they did to him.
>>
>>84511415
That's literally just Chris Pratt
>>
I miss old Starlord.
>>
>>84512994
He's never coming back.
>>
File: rage.gif (610 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
610 KB, 200x150
>>84511456
>Our first arc takes place completely in NYC
>>
I want memelord to go away and stay away.
>>
>>84511464
>Star-Lord have Earth Friends. Let's forget they all exist because muh drama.
>A guy who can fly and rpair complex alien spaceships can surely just become one thing: bartender
>I also will créate a whole new supporting cast that will be forgotten as son as I leave and to boot they'll be copies of characters from my previous books.
I knew Zdarsky was a mistake. No matter if Bendis leaves or not, Starlord is doomed for another whole year.
>>
I am ok with this because Bendis doesnt write anymore, Chris Pratt is the most fuckable comic book movie hero (I actually have never seen the GoG movie, but my dick became diamonds in the Jursassic World flirting scene) and Anka is good with beefcake.
>>
>>84511431
Maybe they want them to interact with some Earth based characters because... reasons. I was going to say "because plot building" but who I'm lying.
>>
>>84511509
>>84511415
Is Peter challenging Clint to the poster Marvel boy of sexyness?
>>
>>84513350
Bendis never wrote Star-Lord solo though
>>
>>84513462
reasons ? I will tell you the reasons

>Guardians meet THE INHUMANS
>Guardians meet MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN
>Guardians meet DR STRANGE
>>
>>84513702
I was actually thinking of street level, NY based characters. But I guess I can see then making him interact with the Inhumans easily, with the ocasional Dr. Strange drop in because the movie.
>>
>>84513350
Zdarsky is Team Bendis
>>
>>84511415
how is Zdarsky?
>>
>>84513635
But he did write him in the team book, and it was shit.
>>
>>84513350
This is why faggots have no taste, they just think with their dicks and eat any shit independent of qualitty.

Patethic.
>>
>>84514089
His Howard the Duck V1 is fantastic. The newer volume isn't as good but still solid
>>
>>84514312
Why this Trip faggotory?
>>
>>84511612
I'd argue against that for the Groot and Rocket Series', but otherwise true.
>>
Finally Anka's drawing dudes. Maybe now he'll be too busy to redesign women so that they have short hair and a flat chest
>>
>>84514089
Pretty good, from what I've read. His Howard is great for setting up and paying off plot threads.
Hopefully, each book will slowly inch towards him and Quiones getting their "Inconsolable Spider-Man" Miniseries.
>>
>>84514089
He's funny, but thinks he's funnier than he actually is.
>>
>>84514273
You could say the same about the guy whining about boob size.

Guys are shit comic fans who only think with their dick. No wonder comics are pandering to women more.
>>
>>84511415
Okay so can Dauterman be on a male led book too
>>
>>84511441
>Over the years, Peter Quill has visited his home planet, but he hasn't spent a whole lot of time on Earth since leaving for the stars. The teaser for your new "Star-Lord" series -- Peter face down on the ground being arrested by the police with the tag line "Grounded and Busted" -- suggests that's about to change. What did you find most appealing about a "Star-Lord" book that brings Peter to Earth?
Literally just kill me. Marvel cosmic was so good, and now it's dead.

>What's it like for him to be somewhere that's all concrete?
IDK what was it like for him to be on a world that was all concrete before? Cause he's done that. He's been on an all machine world too.
>>
>>84511441
>he's on earth now
boy i can't wait for the needless cameos from more popular heroes in a desperate attempt to raise sales
>>
>>84513043
Blame Bendis for that one.
>>
>>84513702
At least the Guardians have history with the inhumans.
>>
>>84516794
Nah, Zdarsky is clearly having too much fun writing this crap, I can see him doing it even without Bendis in the middle.
>>
>>84511415
Yeeeaaah no, Peter died in the Cancerverse fuck this guy.

I'll just wait for the return of Dick Rider and see hiw thay goes and also for Perlman's Gamora since she's still doing her old story which means Gamora is going to be in space.
>>
File: ohno.png (243 KB, 383x620) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
243 KB, 383x620
>>84511464
>Taking Brand from Captain Marvel for Benislord
>>
>>84514089
good but definitely not the writer starlord needs, this book is gonna be panned, he chose unwisely.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.