[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justice League and the future of the DCEU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 6
File: Justice League.jpg (280 KB, 2500x1250) Image search: [Google]
Justice League.jpg
280 KB, 2500x1250
ITT, give your prediction for the future of the DCEU, specifically the Justice League movie.

Will it be good?

How long will it be?

Will it have that DCAU goodness?

How will Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman do and how will they help (or hurt) JL Part 1?

What happens if Justice League doesn't make at least $1 billion at the box office?
>>
>>84480606
>Will it be good?
no
>How long will it be?
Too long.
>Will it have that DCAU goodness?
no
>How will Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman do and how will they help (or hurt) JL Part 1?
They'll do only ok, wonder woman may do a lot better since it's the first superhero movie with a female superhero, and we'll probably be what keeps this universe going
>What happens if Justice League doesn't make at least $1 billion at the box office?
They'll blame it on critics or a disconnected audience.
>>
>>84480648
>we'll
will*
>>
>>84480648

What happens to the DCEU if JL earns less than $1 billion?
>>
>>84480606
>DCAU goodness
It seems to me that ship has fucking sailed sadly. But then again theyre backpedaling so god knows what WB forces Snyder to do. Trying to stay optimistic about Suicide Squad right now
>>
File: dceu threads.png (191 KB, 661x953) Image search: [Google]
dceu threads.png
191 KB, 661x953
>>84480606
>>
>>84480733
They'll focus on batman movies for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>84480606
Predictions:
Justice League movie,
will suffer from a poor directorial grasp of how to make Batman useful without crippling the rest of the team.
Expect Cyborg to just be there
Murder Woman
Although it will have a visually splendid climax, structurally it will stumble a lot to get there.

Aquaman movie, will be the John Carter of its age. A good movie but it will fail to kindle broad acceptance of Aquaman

Wonder Woman will be a solid hit that will not take any great risks in forging their version of Diana. A competent film that will benefit from its period setting and not overly bound by what preceded it. Everyone will find something to complain about though
>>
>>84480606
>What happens if Justice League doesn't make at least $1 billion at the box office?

Real talk: they'll still release whatever movies they're already filming /have in the can by November 2017. So you'll get at least one Batffleck movie, unless he decides to throw another hissy fit and have the whole thing rewritten at the last minute. You'll still see the Wonder Woman movie because unless someone decides it needs even more reshoots it's going to be out six months before that; if it makes four hundred million worldwide, it'll probably get a sequel. Suicide Squad would probably need to make more just because it's a full ensemble cast, or they'd need to start casting literal nobodies as redshirts and really pushing the SAG rules on what constitutes a lead.

Truth be told, they'll probably start filming and release another couple of movies after JL, even if it and the movies around it underperform, because that's what they're locked into. There would have to be a series of Jupiter Ascending/Green Lantern level flops - where nobody liked the movies and they didn't make enough to even come close to covering costs - to see the project cancelled.

It's like this: BvS underperformed, but it's not an outright flop. It probably about broke even when all costs are accounted for, which is terrible. They need to get those costs down, because otherwise they'll only climb with each successive movie (this being the major tendency of sequels, but by no means totally universal). Don't get them down? Soft/hard reboot by 2020. Do get them down, or start making a lot more proportionate to cost? No problem. Keep breaking even? Less of a problem than you'd think.

A big movie like BvS continues to earn for decades after release. Sure it's shit. Sure, it underperformed - but it still made $800m, so it's a big deal. They'll make a lot from tv rights (until the tv market starts to collapse), back catalog sales, merchandise. Studios make about 60% of their earnings that way.
>>
>>84480606
Definitely good, doesn't mean people will like it though.

Length depends on how well the movies do.

It's different from the DCAU.

Suicide Squad will do well, WW 50/50. Probably helps JL.

If JL doesn't do a billion, then reboot. Oh well.

I hope the JL movie is cool though.
>>
What I want:
>Part 2 has Martian Manhunter and Hal Jordan
>Sequel adds the Atom, Hawkman, Green Arrow and Black Canary
>JLD movie
>Suicide Squad 2 is based on Secret Six
>WW movie is good and properly done based on Perez
>Batman prequels that embrace the character's entire history

What I expect:
>lucky to get Green Lantern in the sequel
>JLD maybe goes into production by the year 2035
>Harley Quinn: Suicide Squad 2
>WW movie is a bunch of bullshit where she angrily kills people and monsters
>Batman movies are safe, by the numbers crap like Batman Begins
>>
File: emptiness-quotes-2.png (632 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
emptiness-quotes-2.png
632 KB, 1920x1080
>future of DCEU
>>
>>84480733
Likely the end of DCEU except for Batman. That's the magic number for movies at this budget level. After BvS failed to hit this target, JL needs to or it will be in serious question whether pursuing the DCEU further is worthwhile.
>>
>>84480606
>Will it be good?
Hell no.
>How long will it be?
2 and a half to 3 hours
Hell no
>How will Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman do and how will they help (or hurt) JL Part 1?
Suicide Squad will do great critically and commercially. WW will be good but flawed and do okay commercially. They'll keep the DCEU afloat while JL flounders.
Snyder's out. WB will consider themselves too deep into the DCEU to just drop the whole thing entirely, especially since superhero movies and cinematic universes are in at the moment. When JL does 'okay' at best (remember, it's STILL JL, even for all the negative word of mouth, people will see it just because it's a JL movie; also casuals will love it regardless like BvS before people let them know that it sucks), Snyder will be kicked out and WB will dramatically restructure the 'command' of the whole operation. They'll rethink their strategy as well, possibly even just go for a soft reboot, with future movies having barely anything to do with MoS, BvS, and JL. Maybe even the first 'wave' of movies Snyder has already touched, too, like WW, Aquaman, the Flash, etc. Hopefully. Actually I have to admit, a lot of this is just wishful thinking.

(1/2)
>>
Furthermore, what I want to happen:
>Aquaman won't be amazing but it'll do decently with the critics (anywhere from 50-70%) but most people will actually be satisfied with it, including hardcore comic book geeks and Aquaman fans like us.
>WW will be extremely divisive for WW fans but since most people aren't so familiar with the character, most normies will like it, or at least the ones who will actually see it. It'll do okay, which is fine because it won't be as expensive to make as the rest of the DCEU so far. Not optimal though, but adequate.
>Eventually after Snyder's out or the soft reboot, we get an actual GLC movie that actually turns out to be good. WB will be shocked that listening to fans and adapting the source material, plus hiring directors and casting actors worth a shit ends up with a successful, well-regarded movie.
>JLD with Guillermo del Toro directing, out in theaters by 2024?
>JL sequel with Martian Manhunter on the team.
>New Gods movie being partially written and directed by George Miller to introduce us to the New Gods and eventually set us up for the DC equivalent to Avengers: Infinity War, maybe out by 2022?
>>
>>84483266
I know I said it'd only be 2 posts, but fuck it.

What may/will actually happen:
>Aquaman ends up sucking (though it might still create mainstream interest in Aquaman)
>WW flops
>The Flash, Cyborg, etc. flops
>SS actually does do well commercially but flops critically
>The DCEU in general basically just fizzles out eventually
>WB stops making superhero movies except for Batman and maybe Superman occasionally
>WB "doesn't see the money" in a shared superhero universe and acts like it's because their properties are inherently inferior to Marvel even though everyone and their mom knows that's horseshit
>>
>Justice League

-The script is all written by Terrio, so it will be a lot smoother since he isn't re-writing over someone else's foundation
-Snyder will cool it on the symbolism and interject more levity
-It will be visually impressive and outclass Avengers.
-It will be marketed as Batman and the Justice League
-Superman will save the day and return as the more classic version of the character now that his character arc will be done
-Will probably be solid and gross more than BvS
-Snyder will take a break from directing capeshit, but it will be of his own will and wont be forced it. Will probably still be involved in some capacity as producer.

>Wonder Woman

-Straight forward origin story
- Gal Gadot will perform better than some people are expecting (thanks to Jenkins)
-Johns and Heinberg script will keep the film fairly straightforward with nothing too controversial.
-Will be fairly good but reviewed better than it is because muh feminism

>Aquaman

-Literally could be either amazing or complete crap

>Flash

-Flash will be the breakout star from Justice League
-Script will be mediocre, but direction will be fresh
-Closest in tone to an MCU movie most likely
>>
>>84483585
I think you're being WAY too optimistic, dude.
>>
>>84483620
That anon is just delusional. They wrote this:

>Snyder will take a break from directing capeshit, but it will be of his own will and wont be forced it. Will probably still be involved in some capacity as producer.

WB is already easing Snyder out of the DCEU. They want him gone because he's proven to be toxic.
>>
>>84480606
>Will it be good?
might be decent
>How long will it be?
2 hours with extra minutes they probably going to release another extended edition
hell no
nothing
Warners Bros. would probably focus on Hanna-Barbera Universe

i honestly don't know to be honest
>>
>>84480825
i mostly blame /tv/ shitposters
>>
Honestly...

No one can fucking know until a trailer drops for Justice League so this is all wild massive guessing.
>>
>>84483585
>-Straight forward origin story
How is WW in WW I a straigth forward origing story?
>>
God in heaven I want Steven Spielberg directing a Man of Steel sequel.
He can give us the hopeful warmth people want while still adding decent seriousness and tension.
>>
>>84484060
it's going to be hype as hell considering synder's has alway been a trailer director
>>
>>84484122
I mean, it kind of is though. It's basically just going to tell the story of how WW leaves Paradise Island and ventures in Man's World.

>>84484155
Oh fuck, this would be amazing.

>Steven Spielberg directing a superhero movie
>a Superman movie no less

Fuck me sideways, I want this so hard.
>>
>>84484155
This. he probably doesn't care about superheroes though
>>
>>84484155
>>84484209
>>84484211
Probably not an A-lister like Superman. If there was one, it would be about childlike wonder and feelings like Shazam.
>>
>>84484363
Shazam would work well too.

Would love to see him take on something like the Society of Super-Heroes in Morrison's The Multiversity though. Maybe even WW.
>>
>>84484181
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>84480733
Batman Cinematic Universe
>>
>>84480606
Superman, Batman and especially Wonder Woman will carry the entire film, with everyone else being poorly executed and interfering in what is otherwise a fairly kickass movie. Other than this it will basically be like Dawn of Justice, which in my opinion was really good.
>>
They'll just go back to making Batman movies.
>>
>>84480606
I still don't understand why they're doing a Justice League movie so soon. How are they going to up the ante this time? They already killed off Superman.
>>
>>84488052

Imo, it was a huge mistake to kill Superman so early into the DCEU. I've heard that "Man of Steel", "Batman v Superman", and "Justice League" are supposed to be some kind of unorthodox Superman trilogy, but everything about that has been said by the fans, not Snyder. My thing is, I don't know if Snyder can do hopeful and light and tone down of the religious imagery. It's too baked into his DNA.

>>84483585
>Wonder Woman

>-Straight forward origin story
> -Gal Gadot will perform better than some people are expecting (thanks to Jenkins)
>-Johns and Heinberg script will keep the film fairly straightforward with nothing too controversial.
>-Will be fairly good but reviewed better than it is because muh feminism

I'm really looking forward to the depiction of Themiscyra and how the Amazons react to seeing men for the first time in at least a few centuries and how Diana and Steve's relationship develops? Has it been confirmed that it's romantic?

But I've heard that it's very dark, on par with Batman v Superman, which while it's expected in a World War 1 movie, may turn off critics even more to the DCEU.
>>
>>84488052
>I still don't understand why they're doing a Justice League movie so soon.
Because Snyder cannot into pacing.

>How are they going to up the ante this time? They already killed off Superman.
Again, Snyder can't pace anything for shit.
>>
>>84480648
>a disconnected audience
That's not wrong though
>>
>>84480648
>since it's the first superhero movie with a female superhero,
That is blatantly wrong, even taking account into what you meant, that it was the first superhero movie with a female lead, and not what you actually wrote.

Even still, it's essentially the first female superhero movie where the studio behind it actually put in some effort into it, and gave a damn about it, giving it a decent budget, hiring a director worth a shit, and actually promoting the hell out of it.

That said, I'm not sure if I should even really commend WB for that considering that it took them so long to get off their asses and make a WW movie anyway, and only really seem to be making the movie as a desperate sort of saving throw. We would never have even gotten the movie if people didn't bitch and complain about it, and that's after WB straight up said that a WW movie could never work.

>>84489059
>But I've heard that it's very dark, on par with Batman v Superman, which while it's expected in a World War 1 movie, may turn off critics even more to the DCEU.
That's the thing. I didn't really ask for a WW movie to be so dark and gritty anyway. I still have hope but I certainly didn't ask for a WW movie with a WW1 setting.
>>
>>84486366
I actually think Flash will carry the film.
>>
>>84489269
>That's the thing. I didn't really ask for a WW movie to be so dark and gritty anyway. I still have hope but I certainly didn't ask for a WW movie with a WW1 setting.

That's kind of Snyder's m.o. for the DCEU though. He wanted to show the Trinity all at their lowest point in BvS and then have them regain hope and optimism in "Justice League". The problem is, no one asked him to deconstruct the heroes, especially before we even see them in their most iconic forms and personality. You can't appreciate someone's fall if you never saw them at their peak.
>>
>>84491002
>That's kind of Snyder's m.o. for the DCEU though. He wanted to show the Trinity all at their lowest point in BvS and then have them regain hope and optimism in "Justice League". The problem is, no one asked him to deconstruct the heroes, especially before we even see them in their most iconic forms and personality. You can't appreciate someone's fall if you never saw them at their peak.
Exactly. Why even BEGIN at their lowest point for characters like the Trinity? It doesn't even make sense as a story beat. You don't begin with half-victories, disenfranchisement, and so on, you begin with hope and optimism. Except for Batman, maybe.
>>
File: FREAKED.png (451 KB, 418x468) Image search: [Google]
FREAKED.png
451 KB, 418x468
>>84480606
How does /co/ feel about this being the song that plays when we get our first on screen Joker/Batman scene in the DCEU?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7vO_7bOqMc

Personally I think SS will be one of the most original comic book movies in years, even if I and others don't like it.
>>
>>84480733
They will keep producing movies until one of them is a major hit,then they will base future movies around the hit.

Alternatively they use the Flash movie as a way to reboot everything.
>>
>>84492285

And keep the same actors or recast?
>>
File: bvsdoj.jpg (51 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
bvsdoj.jpg
51 KB, 548x398
>>84480606
Why would I have any possible reason to believe that THIS movie will be the one where Snyder finally proves that he is capable of not producing a turd?
>>
>>84491002
>The problem is, no one asked him to deconstruct the heroes
Yes I fucking was.
>>84491002
>especially before we even see them in their most iconic forms and personality.
We had 5 fucking movies of Superman doing that.
>>
>>84492474
>We had 5 fucking movies of Superman doing that.

Not for any of THIS cinematic universe though. And again, from a storytelling perspective you show the character's rise, then their fall, and then their resurgence. You don't start dark, get darker, and wonder why people don't like your vision.
>>
>>84492656
Yes you fucking do if this Universe is suppose to be inherently darker.
>>
>>84492474
>Yes I fucking was.
Why the fuck would you want them to deconstruct ANYTHING? This is a live-action adaptation of the source material, we should be getting the most iconic versions of the characters with some bits taken from various comics here and there.

>>84492739
Fucking who thought that would be a good idea?
>>
>>84493263
Because I strongly like Superman in general but hate when he is campy, we got 5 campy movies, now its fair to give us something akin to Earth One but better.
>Fucking who thought that would be a good idea?
There is NOTHING wrong with giving us a Superman who has to struggle and strive to accomplish good instead of mary sue-ing his way through all his problems.
>>
>>84484155
Superman should just be ET. With henry cavill still cast ofc.
>>
>>84492361
I have no idea. DC is going to need a big hit or a reboot will be inevitable.
>>
>>84494872
Which is a damn shame, I really like Cavill as supes, but fuck if the writing isn't fucking him over.
>>
>>84481520
>Wonder Woman will be a solid hit that will not take any great risks in forging their version of Diana.
The fact that it's got Gadot who is relatively green and that it's their version of Diana are already risks.
>>
>>84494941
People have been looking forward to a wonder woman flick for decades now. It could be a one take shot of steaming cow shit, it's still guaranteed to make some bank.
>>
>>84494910
Cavill gets a lot of undeserved hate,an actor should not be held responsible for the director's failings
>>
Honestly I think Ghostbusters of all things is going to fuck up Wonder Woman, because WB won't be able to damage control the "you should see it because strong women" card as hard with that trainwreck in everyone's memory.

>>84493617
You really are a broken record.
>>
>>84495009
I honestly think the dude looks perfect as superman, and he could easily do the superman that everyone loves. It only adds to the frustration and irritation I feel towards snyder. It's like being given all the ingredients to make something truly amazing, and finally something different form the Marvel movies, only for him to just take a giant fever fueled shit all over that while laughing and laughing and laughing.
>>
>>84494978
There's certainly been a lot of complaining about the lack of one but it remains to be seen if that translates to actual ticket sales.

Especially since Wonder Woman is an even bigger minefield than Superman. You think the "not muh' was bad with Man of Steel? People complaining and arguing on either side of MoS were just character-fags. Diana by default invites a lot of shitty gender politics in addition to that.
>>
>>84495085
>Diana by default invites a lot of shitty gender politics in addition to that.
I think most of that will be drowned out by having a woman do slow mo badass action scenes, and possibly some tongue in cheek moments where she'll make a stereotypical dumb man look stupid. That's enough for them to claim it as the best movie in the world and to claim that if you were to hate it, you obviously must be a misogynist.
>>
>>84495177
Make this post again in a week. I really want to have this conversation after word of mouth about Ballbusters has had time to spread.
>>
Marvel's cinematic universe was a perfect storm of debuting in a time where such an idea seemed impossible, a series of movies that all introduced the various members of the Avengers, an atmosphere that embraced the comicky style of superheroes rather than the gloomy style that only works for Batman, luck and pluck, and - most importantly - they focused on making good movies first and then an overlying universe later.

Notice how NONE of the cinematic universes that premiered after Marvel's have had the same impact. X-Men has done okay at best. Amazing Spider-Man was too focused on becoming a cinematic universe that it forgot to actually make good material. The DC cinematic universe fell into the same problem, and tey didn't even TRY to fit the mood.

My guess/hope is that they scrap whatever projects they have on the back burner and either:

> Focus on the CW universe
> Reboot the Movieverse with multiverses. Go full Grant Morrison and start with Justice League of Two Earths.
> Wait until the superhero bubble pops, which will eventually occur around the time Infinity War concludes. Revive the movie project there and hope for the best.
>Hannah Barbera cinematic universe. Phase 1 is Johnny Quest, Birdman, Spave Ghost, and the Hercluloids, ending with Future Quest. Maybe try Flintstones vs. Jetsons: Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>84495304
>Amazing Spider-Man was too focused on becoming a cinematic universe that it forgot to actually make good material.
There's good material there, the problem is that making an entire cinematic universe out of ONE Superhero is a completely retarded idea.
>>
>>84494978
DC can't risk Wonder Woman being bad,it will make money but if the movie does poorly with fans its going to make things worst for the WB.
>>
>>84495494
WW's biggest problem is that it's release is one week after Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and one week before Transformers 5.
>>
>>84495547
I would not be at all surprised if they moved the release date. In fact I'm already trying to figure out what symbolic date they'll move it to like how Superman died on Good Friday.

Honestly my problem with the DCEU is that they've already blown their load. Justice League has nothing. The world is going to be destroyed by an invading alien army, but Man of Steel did that. The superheroes are teaming up but the big important ones already did it in BvS. Hell what's Steppenwolf going to do to establish his villain credentials? Kill Superman AGAIN?
>>
>>84495660
If they move it earlier, it'll be facing GOTG2 and Wolverine 3.
They'll probably push it to August.
>>
>>84495547
If WW is good it will probably make as much money as the other two.
>>
>>84496185
Transformers 4 and Pirates 4 made both 1 billion.
>>
>>84496211
How did those two awful movies make 1 billion each? I knew they made alot of money but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>84496330
Transformers 4, despite being bad, it's a movie about expensive cars that transform into robots, parents know they can safely take their kids to them.

Pirates of the Caribbean was big already, I mean, Pirates 2 made 1 billion back in 2006, and people were excited to have the franchise back.
>>
>>84496330
Simply being part of an established franchise that kids love means something, even though the movies themselves were shit.
>>
Something needs to be done about Superman because of right now these movies have plunged him deeper in the hole that he was before MOS.
>>
>>84496330
People forget that a family friendly movie is MUCH better for a studio's bottom line. A family of four for an evening show brings in like $50. A single adult "kino" fan needs to see the movie a minimum of two extra times to make up that deficit.
>>
>>84483585
Superman's character arc is done? When did it begin?
>>
>>84496810
I'm not even sure how they can redeem Superman in the eyes of the fans.Maybe he solos Stepenwolf?
>>
>>84496914
Something needs to be done, because so far he is the one that has suffer the most out of all of this. They literally sacrifirpced him to start the cinematic universe. Fuckers. Hack Snyder already proved that he isn't the man for the job, we need someone else. And you wonder why Superman's popularity plunges.
>>
>>84496975
I get a kick out of people that say you can't do a superman movie in this day and age because his character just wouldn't work. Meanwhile, marvel has 3 fucking captain america movies.
>>
>>84496914
I'm a supesfag and this is already a write off for me. I'll wait for the next universe. At this rate the wait is getting shorter and shorter.
>>
>>84497030
part of the superman """""problem""""" are his powers as well, not just the boyscout attitude
>>
>>84497030
I know a Superman movie can be made, it's just that Zack Snyder is not the man to do it. Neither is Goyer.
>>
>>84497244
His powers are alright in the movies. But is does make me question his credibility since he lost to a guy in a batsuit. Jesus.
>>
>>84497030
Fucking this.

In complete honesty, Cap in the MCU isn't even really that far-off from Superman personality-wise.
>>
>>84497589
I think that people see MCU Cap as a better version of Superman and I can't really blame them.
>>
>>84497683
Right? He's practically Golden Age Superman as it is.
>>
>>84480606
Anyone else remember Danny Trejo (Machete guy) was teasing a Lobo movie on twitter? What happened with that?
>>
>>84498040
probably just doing what celebs do every now and again and lobby a bit for it. the rock was involved in a canned lobo movie a while back tho, which is actually why hes black adam now as i understand it
>>
>>84480606
You know i kinda liked the way things turned out in the DCEU except for using fucking Doomsday. They should've saved him for later but then again it would be even worse if another character killed Superman but was it really necessary to kill him anyways? I get it, it's the reason Batman stops going insane and forms the JL but still!??!! They're really alienating Superman from the public, he still doesnt have much of a personality (2 movies in!!).
I remember, way back before the critical panning came in, Terrio talking about JL being much more brighter and stuff though so maybe there is hope and their decisions will make more sense then.
>>
>>84498624
Doomsday really could've just had been Parasite. And Superman didn't need to die.
>>
>>84495660
>they've already blown their load
Avengers fought an alien army in the first one and a robot army in the second movie.
There are hundreds of stories Snyder and co. can rip off.
>>
>>84494941
>>84494978
>>84495085

I actually think that one thing the Wonder Woman movie will have going for it is that this is the first (maybe second) iteration of Diana in a live action movie. Most people know OF her, but don't know her so Patty Jenkin's interpretation of Diana's story so long as it isn't bad, won't have nearly as many people saying a version of "not muh", like I was for BvS.
>>
>>84498928
Alien invasion and robot army are pretty tame compared to some of the things that happen in DC universe. The problem is that Snyder and co. are not the right people to bring the D.C. movie universe to its full potential.
>>
>>84495331

I really don't know why Sony thought that could be a good idea. Granted, they were planning on having multiple Spidermen and maybe doing a multi-dimensional movie or two but still, that was a bad idea.

>>84495304

There's still a lot of hope left for the DCEU. If SS, WW, and JL are hits, the DCEU has a bright future. But I really worry about JL. BvS hurt the DCEU's reputation a lot and the fact that JL is still directed by Zack Snyder may turn some people off.
>>
>>84498928
To be fair, they haven't really killed off any of their major heroes yet either.

I mean, where do you even go from killing Superman so soon?

>>84499134
>The problem is that Snyder and co. are not the right people to bring the D.C. movie universe to its full potential.
For sure.
>>
>>84499518
>where do you even go from killing Superman so soon?
Literally anywhere. I agree it's weird they decided to kill off Superman so early but we already know he's coming back and there are many stories and villains the JL can (and have already) fight.
>>
>>84497030

Exactly. Cap goes through all the character development to become a shining beacon of hope in his first movie and it's taking Superman at least three movies to do the same. And Cap's probably the most well liked hero in the MCU so far in part because of his hopeful, paragon of light attitude. But he still loses occasionally, he still can make mistakes, he still suffers loss and deals with feeling like he has no place in the world.
>>
>>84499599
>but we already know he's coming back
ARRRGGGHHH

THERE'S SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THAT

THERE'S SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THIS WHOLE SITUATION

>>84499797
And there's no reason why they couldn't do the same for Superman except for complete and total incompetence.
>>
>>84498928
Starro, Brainiac-Luthor, maybe even Mongul if they do For the Man Who Has Everything. In fact, I would love to see everyone's dream if he gave them all the Black Mercy. And Superman being the only one to overcome it through his own will would be amazing.
>>
>>84500142
>Brainiac-Luthor,
Not with Lutherberg.
>>
>>84500245
Why not? Seeking revenge after Darkseid gets wrecked, he escapes from Arkham and finds out about Brainiac. Makes a pact with him, Brainiac betrays Luthor and takes him over.
>>
>>84480606

They will sell the rights to their characters to Marvel, and we'll have Batman join the Avengers.
>>
>>84500372
>Why not? Seeking revenge after Darkseid gets wrecked, he escapes from Arkham and finds out about Brainiac. Makes a pact with him, Brainiac betrays Luthor and takes him over.
I'd be okay with the classic Brainiac/Luthor team but a fusion? No. Not with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.
>>
>>84499599
>but we already know he's coming back and there are many stories and villains the JL can (and have already) fight.
Except that now there's not even the illusion of death or stakes. It's never a good idea to make the lynchpin moment of your entire universe a foregone conclusion that bores people into texting during your movie's denouement.
>>
>>84497030
>Meanwhile, Marvel has a flop, a self-proclaimed "1970s Political Thriller" and a third Avengers movie because they didn't trust Cap to carry another film on his own.

Take that, DC!
>>
>>84500374
>They will sell the rights to their characters to Marvel
If we're just talking live-action rights, then hell fucking yeah.

>WB sells the rights to Marvel Studios
>they reboot it entirely
>new cinematic universe that's actually faithful to the comic books
>>
>>84497324
Ha ha remember when Snyder was talking about how Clark would totally cream Batman and his movie would be devoid of Batwank?
>>
>>84500439
I remember before he made MoS, he was talking about how much he hated Superman.
>>
>>84498928
Avengers isn't the second MCU movie.
You know that, right?
>>
>>84500439
When did he say that?
>>
>>84500493
Back in 2015. He's since done a complete 180 on that. I'm gonna try to dig up a link but everything is post-release now.
>>
>>84481986
I'm pretty sure we won't see GL in a movie until 2020 or later (probably a lot later if the JL movie doesn't do well, maybe even 2025 or later)
>>
>>84495286
The issue with Ghostbuster isn't just that it's got a female cast.

It's that it's a reboot of a beloved film. Wonder Woman is the first time Wonder Woman has been on film.

She's a Golden Age character and part of the goddamn DC Trinity. Wonder Woman was one of the few things most people liked about Batman v Superman.

Will there be misogynists complaining about Wonder Woman? Sure. There were racists complaining about Star Wars VII too, but everyone still went to see Star Wars and I'm imagining Wonder Woman will make a fuck ton of money.

Will Wonder Woman break a billion? Probably not, it could but I'm sure it'll make over $500 million and make WB some bank.
>>
>>84500993
Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will either be the start of the DCU getting better or more of the same.

Surprisingly,I've been hearing good things about the new Ghostbusters movie.
>>
>>84501208

I've heard that it's "fine". Like it definitely has a lot of laughs (I've heard Chris Hemsworth is the funniest person in it) but that it isn't as good as the original.

I don't particularly care for Ghostbusters even in its original form so I'm going to give the reboot a pass. But that's just me.
>>
>>84496810
>>84496914
As far as casuals are concerned, Captain America might as well be the new Superman, while Superman is the new Aquaman.
>>
>>84501602
>while Superman is the new Aquaman
I wouldn't quite go that far, although Aquaman hasn't been super popular in a long time.

Which reminds me, I wonder how people are gonna react when Aquaman hits theaters.
>>
>>84501602
Well shit...and whose fault is that? DC, WB and Zack Snyder.
>>
>>84502967
>>84503664
Why do you think they're suddenly and inexplicably allowed to use superman in supergirl now?
>>
>>84502967
>Which reminds me, I wonder how people are gonna react when Aquaman hits theaters.

It really depends on what kind of impression Aquaman makes in the Justice League movie.
>>
Because Superman is irrelevant in the modern day, they'll reboot it all and change his mythos to make him more palatable than the whiny, all-powerful farmboy Snyder portrayed him to be.
>>
>>84491055
>Why even BEGIN at their lowest point for characters like the Trinity?

Because it's far more interesting that way and doesn't have to spend half the movie setting their fall up just so that the last fifteen minutes has them win against all odds because they've ran out of time.
>>
>>84492428

I've enjoyed both MoS and BvS, so I'm quite excited for Justice League.
>>
>>84493617
It's Superman Golden Age + Earth One + new52 + 90's + Red Son

Snyder Supes best Supes so far.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.