[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of these new 'replacement heroes' - i.e. FalCap,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: All-New-All-Different.jpg (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
All-New-All-Different.jpg
875 KB, 1280x720
Are any of these new 'replacement heroes' - i.e. FalCap, FemThor, etc. any good or is it as gimmicky as it looks?
>>
>>77756100
FalCap's book has been pretty great so far and Kamala is significantly better than Carol was. Chulk looks like it's going to be awesome that'll probably be better than any Banner Hulk comic since... well, Pak's last run, I guess. femThor is pandering shit at worst and uninteresting wallpaper at best. Miles isn't really a replacement since Peter is still running around, but his book hasn't launched yet either way.

So basically, most of them are either good or promising except for femThor, who sucks.
>>
>>77756281
Oh, and I liked the first two issues of X-23verine, but I know a lot of people didn't like it because it gives Laura a rather generic female protag voice rather than her old distinctively cold voice. I don't mind the new voice so I don't really care, but if you're a diehard x-23 fan, I can see how it'd bother you.
>>
>>77756100
>making falcon captain america
>not just making him "Captain america's logical successor: American Eagle"
cmon preserve themes
>>
>>77756360
>>77756281
Thanks...what should I read to prep for new Hulk, Cap, and Wolverine?
>>
>>77756445
There's already a guy named American Eagle.
>>
>>77756100
>ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT
boy they werent kidding
>>
>>77756445
But American Eagle is red, not black.
>>
>>77756456
>>77756467
oh yeah I guess that makes sense
fine, call him CAPTAIN FALC- no wait
>>
>>77756448
You don't really need to read anything, that's sorta part of the point of ANAD. That said, if you're looking for recs, Vision is far and away the best Marvel title being currently released.
>>
>>77756100
Some of them are alright and kind of make sense, like Sam Wilson
Others are just personal agenda, like Miles Morales and Sam Alexander
>>
I notice that whenever Marvel brags about their new replacement heroes they never show that they turned X-23 into the new Wolverine. Are even they embarrassed about what a bad idea that is?
>>
>>77756597
Sam Wilson doesn't make sense. Sam Wilson was already Falcon. He could have just taken a leadership role, but no. Nobody wants to read Falcon. They want to read Captain America. So lets make Falcon Captain America, create stupid controversy and sell the book.
>>
>>77756564
I am mostly just wanting to see what lead to the current status quo.
>>
>>77756656
I'm not seeing the criticism here.
>>
>>77756656
He's spent a lot of time with Steve, so it makes sense that Steve would pass his title on to him.
He's not some OC created solely for killing off the originally.
>>
>>77756720
It doesn't make sense for him to accept it. It doesn't make sense for Steve to want to pass it on.

Again, he's a long established character who has been Falcon for decades. It makes more sense for different heroes to be put into new positions and ranks instead of just taking mantles from more well established ones.
>>
>>77756767
Steve got incapacitated a while ago. It makes more sense that Steve would want a friend to carry on his title.
It's a lot better than new characters showing up for writers personal reasons just so they can kill the originals.
>>
>>77756767
Steve was old and Bucky was in space

Sam is the next logical step
>>
>>77756892
Both are shit reasons and you don't have to accept either of them.

>>77756911
He's already Falcon. The title didn't have to be passed onto to his him. Captain America could have taken a back seat.

From a financial perspective I get why Marvel does the shit they do. From a story perspective it's all bullshit.
>>
>>77756622
They do show her off in a lot of them. OP's pic is from a set of two, the other one features her prominently.
>>
>>77756658
Well for FalCap, check out Remender's run on Captain America. Hulk doesn't have any pre-reading and you can jump right in.

For Wolverine, you could read Death of Wolverine -> Death of Wolverine: Logan Legacy -> Wolverines, though I don't think it's particularly good.
>>
>>77756937
I'm just saying one reason is much worse than the other.
Seriously, fuck Jeph Loeb.
>>
>>77756100

I'm confused as to why Steve let Sam be Cap, but is still an active front-line Avenger and also THE MOST JACKED 90-SOMETHING EVER
>>
>>77756100
Kamala is better than Carol has ever been.

Captain Falcon is great too.

Femthor is boring as fuck, nobody has a clear idea of what to do with Miles
>>
File: NE2szDLyUIEU69_1_1.jpg (102 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NE2szDLyUIEU69_1_1.jpg
102 KB, 600x600
>>77757160
Miles would have been better off being a Nightwing type character to Spider-Man, but Bendis just had to push his agenda.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.