[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ALTA: Only a "select few firebenders" could lightningbend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lzf8paciV21r1w4gno1_500.gif (970 KB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzf8paciV21r1w4gno1_500.gif
970 KB, 500x222
>ALTA: Only a "select few firebenders" could lightningbend
>LoK: Lightingbenders are mooks who get paid minimum wage to work part time at the power plant
>ATLA: "greatest earthbender in the world" discovers metalbending with the help of tremorsense
>LoK: Metalbenders are mooks who work full-time as incompetent cops
>combustion woman
>airbenders can superman fly for no reason
>LAVABENDING
Why?
>>
Lightningbending was rare because the royal family kept it a secret for themselves.

Toph literally taught Metalbending to everyone.

>combustion woman
I don't see the problem.

>LAVABENDING
If Waterbenders can change state, Earthbenders can, too.

LOK sucks, but attack it's actual problems instead of this nonsense.
>>
>>77750323
It's almost as if the world grew and evolved.

If bending is just techniques than once something "rare and amazing" is taught around then it becomes commonplace
>>
>>77750350
>Lightningbending was rare because the royal family kept it a secret for themselves.
Bullshit retcon
>Toph literally taught Metalbending to everyone.
You can't teach people if they're not skilled enough to learn. Do you think Toph would teach everyone tremorsense or Bumi could teach everyone to bend with the faces or every earthbender could become a Dai Li?
>I don't see the problem.
You don't see a problem with compete lack of originality?
>If Waterbenders can change state, Earthbenders can, too.
Waterbending is about flexibility, Earthbending is about stability. This is some basic ATLA philosophy, if you don't even know that much why are you talking about the show?
>>77750363
>It's almost as if the world grew and evolved.
And yet the average ATLA bender could kick the ass of the average LoK bender, I think devolved would be a more accurate word.
>If bending is just techniques
If swordfighting is just techniques then everyone can use sword moves that only masters can use. At last I finally see.
>>
>>77750323
it had less to do with airbending and more with being spiritual
it just so happened that airbenders were the most spiritual of the 4
>>
>>77750323
I thought that only the guy from that prison was able to fly.
>>
>>77750515
>retcon
What? How is it a retcon?
>You can't teach people if they're not skilled enough to learn. Do you think Toph would teach everyone tremorsense or Bumi could teach everyone to bend with the faces or every earthbender could become a Dai Li?
Seismic Sense was what let Toph discover metal bending, not what is necessary to use it at all.
>Waterbending is about flexibility, Earthbending is about stability. This is some basic ATLA philosophy
Doesn't matter what the philosophy was. Even during ATLA we got flashbacks of past Avatars lava bending. Plus it was heavily implied that lava bending isn't nearly as easily controllable as water bending.
>>
>>77750323
>Next time on Avatar Z
>>
>>77750515
>If swordfighting is just techniques then everyone can use sword moves that only masters can use. At last I finally see.

I'm not sure that swordfighting is based on Secret Master Techniques like you think it is.
>>
>>77750515

My god, you are one insufferably autistic fuck. There is no "retcon" to be found; at no point in ATLA is it stated that only royals have metaphysical properities that allow them specifically to lightningbend.

Also, under your logic sandbending should not exist, hypocrite.
>>
>>77750549

No, it is an airbending technique. It's actually kind of lampshaded in ATLA (see Aang before Azula kills him).

Either way, it's like healing.
>>
>>77750323
> computers used to be something that took up whole rooms and took days to run programs
> now teenagers carry around supercomputers in their pockets

DWI nerd
>>
>>77750323
Can we not? Like seriously, can we just not do this again? It's the same shit all the time.
>>
>>77750667
where do you think you are?
>>
>>77750323
As we see in the comics, metalbending was never difficult. Toph's apprentices could literally learn it in a day.
>>
>>77750515
Zuko was able to bend lightning, so it's not that difficult.
>>
>>77750779
He was able to redirect lightning, not bend it. It was explicitly shown that whenever he tried to bend lightning that it literally blew up in his face
>>
>>77750323
>Only a "select few firebenders" could lightningbend
Where exactly did they say this?
>>
>>77750879

Nowhere. OP is autistic.
>>
>>77750515
>Bullshit retcon
But it makes perfect sense.

>You can't teach people if they're not skilled enough to learn. Do you think Toph would teach everyone tremorsense or Bumi could teach everyone to bend with the faces or every earthbender could become a Dai Li?
Metalbending wasn't unique to her because it was hard, but because no one realized that there was Earth in metal before she sensed it.

>You don't see a problem with compete lack of originality?
It's not an inconsistency or plot hole, though.

>Waterbending is about flexibility, Earthbending is about stability. This is some basic ATLA philosophy, if you don't even know that much why are you talking about the show?
Lightning is about applying Waterbending philosophy to Fire. The philosophies and elements can mix. Besides, if Earthbending was entirely about rigidity and stability, they'd never move or change the shape of Earth.
>>
>>77750323
It's no more ridiculous than the reveals that "Waterbenders can magic heal" or "Earthbenders can use seismic sense".
>>
>>77751038
Or how about airbenders having super speed?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.