[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: Névtelen.png (2 KB, 152x77) Image search: [Google]
Névtelen.png
2 KB, 152x77
Remember me
>>
NO! BACK UNHOLY SPIRIT!
>>
>>84441910
Seriously what's taking him so long, he never was fast with the updates but holy shit, I doubt mailing kickstarter crap takes this much fucking time
>>
>>84441936
>wait until all orders are made
>wait some more, make sure all orders are right (shirt sizes, card color)
>end result doesn't add up with what the providers offer, end with fucktons extra
>devise ways to save money and get rid of extras (while getting money)
>money saving schemes (probably) end up costing time
>have to do all the stupid little gimmick that were promised during the campaign
>minicomic and stuff
>finally start packaging and mailing
>and contacting mailing services around the globe
>and learning the normatives, devising ways to save money while adhering to said rules:
>"packages exceeding 132.62 mm long cost 1$ extra", current package size is 142.62 mm, must play tetris harder

Pulling all of this out of my ass from what I think I've seen on these threads; but I'm sure there's been tons of shit going on, more so with Kaz in charge.
>>
File: 1455033399600.png (14 KB, 425x384) Image search: [Google]
1455033399600.png
14 KB, 425x384
I AM
A LITTLE UPSET
>>
kaz is gonna wait until all you dumbass waifufags are as dissapointed and bitter as the rest of us

specially that fucker that makes fanart kissing Katia, fuck him in particular
>>
File: IMG_20160502_192827667.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_192827667.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
He's a little sorry.
>>
File: Explanation.gif (4 KB, 516x283) Image search: [Google]
Explanation.gif
4 KB, 516x283
>>84442741
There are a surprising amount of accurate and semi-accurate assumptions in there! :<

But in all seriousness, it's just another instance of me biting off more than I could chew, this time with multiple things at once. It'll maybe not be worth it but it will at least be pretty cool.
>>
>>84444340
Quantity trumps quality with your comic, Kaz. Why won't you learn that? It was a MS Paint comic for fuck's sake. You weren't knocking anybody's socks off when you first started but people still loved it. Why is it so hard to get back to your roots and just update? Why do you want this reputation that you're developing?
>>
>>84444398
Maybe he knows it would actually be over already if he did that? Maybe he enjoys dragging it on and squeezing gimmicks in.

I like to think it's a combination of that, laziness, and his own fuckups.
>>
>>84444398
>Quantity trumps quality with your comic, Kaz. Why won't you learn that? It was a MS Paint comic for fuck's sake. You weren't knocking anybody's socks off when you first started but people still loved it. Why is it so hard to get back to your roots and just update? Why do you want this reputation that you're developing?

Aiming too high is a very hard habit to break! Honestly, I think it's why most people never get started on the projects they come up with. They have something they want to make, and a level of quality they imagine it having, and they never feel right starting it until they can achieve that level of quality.

I'm privileged in that I actually CAN make things that have the level of complexity I imagine for them. The challenge is just keeping this complexity from inflating to impractical levels. Once you know something complex is within your capabilities, it's tempting to explore it - and very difficult to get into that Undertale mindset of "you know, I could probably just make the main character a little pixel heart when they're in combat".

Right now I need to sleep, though. At the very least, trust me when I say I'm mostly done with the merch and stuff on the other fronts is finally progressing steadily.
>>
File: heheh.png (4 KB, 248x247) Image search: [Google]
heheh.png
4 KB, 248x247
>>84444889
>At the very least, trust me
>>
>>84444889
>and very difficult to get into that Undertale mindset of "you know, I could probably just make the main character a little pixel heart when they're in combat".

Meanwhile Undertale is a wild success while you can barely keep a consistent schedule

Maybe simple is sometimes better, man?
>>
>>84444933
Bad compairson, all of UT was released at once and even so was delayed one year. But i dont read the comic so w/e.
>>
File: daedricmasks.jpg (875 KB, 1108x845) Image search: [Google]
daedricmasks.jpg
875 KB, 1108x845
>>84444933
>Maybe simple is sometimes better, man?

It is! Like I said, it's an important mindset to get into, but I don't think it's as easy as people assume.

It may seem strange, saying that it's hard to do less work, but remember: when you envision something, it's way easier to think "okay, I need six animators and two months to make this a reality" than it is to think "maybe I could get the idea across with a dodging minigame beneath a looping animation". ESPECIALLY if you actually have the experience necessary to do it the complex way.

Anyway, that sleep thing.

>>84445188
>But i dont read the comic so w/e.

This is an excellent time to catch up!
>>
>>84445616
>It may seem strange, saying that it's hard to do less work
I do actually understand that. I usually get caught up doing too much when I shouldn't.
>>
File: VDV.jpg (111 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
VDV.jpg
111 KB, 1200x800
>fanbase is so bored that they're now drawing Katia in burkas
>self-inserts romancing sadcat are becoming increasingly blatant
>undertale crossovers coming back for some fucking reason

the impact of this hiatus has been fascinating to observe.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.