[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /co/. Can we have a /co/nversation? Beating up nazis, neonazis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: amerikkka-t1-cvp.jpg (44 KB, 400x539) Image search: [Google]
amerikkka-t1-cvp.jpg
44 KB, 400x539
Hi, /co/. Can we have a /co/nversation?

Beating up nazis, neonazis and KKK members as well as other white nationalist/separatist/prideist groups is a time honored tradition in comic books. As well it should be, considering how such foolish ignorance kind of destroys the whole 'living together in peace' thing.

But I got to wondering. How often are OTHER groups with an ethnocentrist bend depicted? Groups like the KKK, just not necessarily white. Where are the supremacist Latin gangs, or violent black nationalists? We don't ever really seem to cover the topic outside addressing violent white supremacist groups.

They're not exactly that strong anymore. They may still have a few thousand members scattered across the United States, but compare that to the 50-someodd thousand members of the Nation of Islam, which believes white people were created 6,000 years ago by an evil scientist, and that's why whites are evil.

I feel comics are a place to challenge norms. To point out bigotry and challenge it. To point out ignorance and encourage young people to understand the issue. We simply aren't exploring this topic to the depths and universality it deserves, instead limiting it to only a crime of whites. Terrorism and bigotry based violence, as well as supremacist leanings and ethnic pride, are ubiquitous. Especially in cultural melting pots.

How would you feel about switching it up once in a while in comics? Does it always need to be white nationalists and white supremacists, or is it time to start addressing ethnocentricism across any and all demographics as wrong, ignorant and counterproductive, and having stories to illustrate these points?
>>
>>84438112
Shut up, Yakoubian.
>>
Hello /pol/.
>>
>>84438164
If this were pol, I'd be making apologies for why we should stop having supremacist groups in comics. I don't have a problem with comic heroes punching skinheads in the face, but I'd kind of like it if we're going to attack the issue in society of race based paranoia, pride and chauvinism, we at least exaggerate everybody else to make the same points and tell the same stories about why such favoritism is wrong.

I like it when caped heroes beat up clandestine nazi vampire werewolves just fine. It'd just be nice if the narrative of who is a xenophobic bigot expanded a little bit to include other groups and show examples of their bigotry, too. Nip it right in the bud.
>>
File: 1468209710468.gif (985 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
1468209710468.gif
985 KB, 450x335
EUCHARIAH.
EUCHARIAH.
>>
>>84438112
Go read Punisher he shoots up ethnic gangs all the time.
>>
>>84438373
*multicultural gangs composed of all varieties of skin colors
>>
>>84438164
>raises serious question
>lol /pol/
Thanks for contributing, anon.
>>
>>84438164
hello tumblr
>>
>>84438236
Read Peace On Earth where African war lords wouldn't let Superman bring food to the starving people in his country.
>>
>>84438373
>>84438390
Does anyone have any pages?
>>
>>84438112
I wouldn't be surprised if there were mainstream comics out there that did tackle other groups, like maybe the Black Panthers. But who knows?

The reason why we likely see Nazis or Neo-Nazis show up as often as they do is likely do to their prominence. Just about everyone can recognize that these guys are bad. Not to mention, at the height of their power, other ethnic pride groups have never been as big as the KKK or other white supremacist groups in America.
>>
>>84438164
>>84438434
I think /pol/ and tumblr should fuck.
>>
>>84438112
>Nation of Islam
>Islam
>criticising anything involving Islam
>>
>>84438482
Well yes there's that, but as much as I wanted to chalk it up to paranoia and ignorance, just cruising through academia and the culture around it, I found some depressing beliefs regarding just whom should be castigated for ethnocentrism, and whom shouldn't.

As much as nazis and neo-nazis and skinheads and white nationalists deserve ridicule for being potentially violent people whose beliefs and bends are sort of counterproductive to a functioning, healthy and tolerant society....

.. I'm so very tired of coming across people that enjoy the omission of other people participating in the conversation about chauvinism in North America. A little probing, and more than a few people I've talked to have said very bluntly, "We don't need to put other demographics in comics as racists or supremacists, because they're not being violent.

And to that I say bollocks, as these are the same kinds of people that often talk about how subversive racism and supremacist policies are a kind of violence. Every time a bank refuses to give a loan to a person because of their race, or changes their credit based on it, or refuses to allow people of specific ethnicities to settle and own property across from other ethnicitis, that's a kind of subversive violence. It's just a civil kind of violence and discrimination.

And it's the chosen tool of more refined racists and perpetrators of ethnocentric supremacy. I think if we're going to make morality tales about supremacist and chauvainist notions as cautionary tales against bigotry, we should expand the scope and show that no group is immune from being guilty to this. Anyone who'd treat people poorly because of X is a bigot, period, end of story. No justifications, no omissions of guilt, no excuses.

But we live in a world where many supposedly progressive minded people believe you can't be prejudiced unless you have a plurality of the population as well as systemic controls over everything, not just some things over some people.
>>
>>84438112

hey /pol/. nice subversive tactics to start an insincere conversation about jews and the dangers of fringe groups so unpopular that most mainstream media outlets have little awareness of their existence...except for you, here to educate us about how significant they are while being so insignificant culturally.
>>
>>84438522
Well, then you do what has always been done when you want to portray something in a comic that you aren't allowed to portray. You create a substitute that is exactly like the real one in all but name.
>>
>>84438634
I'm too tired to think in full sentences. Here are some words/phrases to mull over:

KKK - Big group - wide reach - household name - atrocities - America - still active - intriguing social structure - Grand Dragon - other groups not taken seriously- literally who - Al Qaeda - ISIS - current threats - cape comics - large scale - bombastic - subversive racism - too delicate - Cape heroes can't fight the bank teller - anything a cape hero can do won't solve the centuries sowed seeds of racism
>>
>>84438522
I don't think anyone cares about making fun of the Nation of Islam. Islam itself...
>>
>>84438666
To me, the real evil is peoples behavior changing as groups of people structure themselves around separatism and nationalism rather than just getting on with their lives in peace, knowing so long as they're citizens of a country and even beyond that, good people, things will be okay.

But paranoid narcissism is more than just throwing sticks of dynamite. Paranoid narcissism is the Mormon breeder cults of Utah and Kentucky that were using women to have bunches of kids and tricking the state and federal government into paying for them by lying to them for the benefits. Paranoid narcissism is the wealthy patron surrounded by footsoldiers, so they buy up whole sections of towns and have the punks make life very unpleasant for anybody outside that group until they move away or conflict erupts into violence.

But no comics seem to be tackling this raw issue. Unless it applies specifically to white nationalists. Then they can't get enough of it.

The very thoughts and fears that create these divisions.
>>
>>84438514
Christ could you imagine what the mental challenged offspring would look like
>>
Look at the reception Holy Terror got
>>
The Klan is way stronger than you think. Their numbers are a least comparable to the Nation of Islam to be honest.
>>
File: black-manta-vs-aquaman.jpg (325 KB, 1021x1600) Image search: [Google]
black-manta-vs-aquaman.jpg
325 KB, 1021x1600
>>84438112

A lot of street level books have their heroes fighting Asian groups like Triads and analogues but I honestly can't think of a group of villainous black people.

Though the GOAT villain is a black man.
>>
>>84438112
back in the 70s, 80s, 90s, it was touched upon. no more. currently the issue is black and white, with white being a no-no, and black being a yes yes
>>
>>84438815
God I fucking love black manta.
>>
>>84438634
Well there was that Latino gang that was targeting black neighborhoods in California in a textbook case of ethnic cleansing.

Part of the problem is that it's difficult to address non-white racism unless you're a part of one of the groups. Take the current Black Panther run, it points out that Wakanda has a First-World economy and a Third-World social and political system. Can you imagine the shitshow that would erupt if a white guy wrote a story that points out that Wakanda is a theocratic absolute monarchy and that in the absence of a strong stabilizing force it will inevitably descend into inter-tribal conflict and civil war? It'd probably never get published. Nothing about that is racist, and in-universe Wakanda descends into civil war about once every three months, but to merely be the wrong person to point out a plain fact is enough for the concept to be considered racist.

There are also the pre-conceived notions you have to deal with. There are the same number of active hate groups in Michigan as there are in Mississippi; likewise Alabama and New Jersey. Would anyone believe that if you told them?
>>
>>84438112
No one cares about those because comics are mostly written by and consumed by white liberals, and even if you tried to subvert it by having some nation of islam guy try to be a terrorist or whatever you'd end up with SJWs on tumblr blowing a gasket and /co/ in a civil war
>>
>>84438522

Suicide Squad did it.
>>
>>84438810
That's because the FBI and the klan are the same organization

>hello fellow white supremacists, how do you do today?
>>
>>84438891
Look, the world is getting more and more radical.
10 years ago, someone like Trump would be considered a joke, and nowadays, people treat him dead serious. Both supporters and detractors.

Look how they treated Orson Card for speaking up his mind. This world discourages polemics, free thinking, and encourages consumerism and hivemind.

No one will care to talk with you.
Everyone will ridicule you.

People are more interested in discussing the celebrity having a nipslip, rather than the real problems that affect us daily.

You lost before you hit the "post" button.
You lost the game, before there was a game.
>>
also, what this fag said >>84438904

It's very easy to trigger people these days.
I'm hoping that there will be a second civil war in USA, and that it will be a racial war. I really hope it will happen, and I don't care who wins.
>>
>>84438810

>the Klan is way stronger than you think

Not only that, but the Klan is smarter now than they were in the 60s. After the 60s, they realized that they couldn't make bombastic calls for white nationalism and segregation within a world where they could easily be demonized as a hate group. Remember what Lee Atwater said: You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can't say “nigger” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”

This quote, by far describes the nature of the clan and how far their ideas have permeated today's society. It's a horribly honest account of how we can easily wind up in the socioeconomic horrors of blacks having dwindled opportunity and prospects, given the nature of some cities like Detroit, and whites being blissfully unaware that governmental policies have created these tensions purposefully, without their awareness, for decades.
>>
>>84438949
>I'm hoping that there will be a second civil war in USA, and that it will be a racial war. I really hope it will happen, and I don't care who wins.

Whites would win if it happened now. I know a lot of people think all the minorities would gang up but if you think all the Asians are going to side with the blacks you're delusional. But now we're going full /pol/ and I just want to talk about comics

Also you're a fucking idiot for wanting a war
>>
>>84438112
I'd like to see a comic where BLM are the bad guys like they are in real life
>>
>>84438514
>>84438772
>it's a "outdated numales whine about how those conservatives and far-leftists are clearly the same"

The best part is you no longer have enough power to have your opinions matter, straight white liberal men are an endangered species- good riddance you pretentious moronic fucks
>>
>>84438949
Americans are too pussy to actually fight each other
>>
>>84438959
>whites being blissfully unaware that governmental policies have created these tensions purposefully, without their awareness, for decades.
shut it down

>>84438989
War is Hell, and I want this puny world to go to hell
>>
>>84438112
Why would you care /pol/?
>>
>>84438112
>but compare that to the 50-someodd thousand members of the Nation of Islam, which believes white people were created 6,000 years ago by an evil scientist, and that's why whites are evil.
This doesn't answer your question, but I want a comic plot about this now.
>>
>>84438112
It wouldn't fly. See, nationalism and supremacy are fine when it's anybody but white Christians.
>>
>>84438990
What if most humans in general are disgusting apes?

>>84438989
He wants a war because clearly a bunch of other people are antagonistic but too pussy to fight each other

Either some nationalist politician wins and beats the antagonism out of people with Rooseveltesque pan-Americanism or America balkanizes, but America can't keep going another hundred years on its current trajectory
>>
I think there was a black nationalist villain a long time ago in Legion of Superheroes but then he became a good guy
>>
>>84438112
>Latin

Uh I thought Italians were white?
>>
>>84439036
>What if most humans in general are disgusting apes?
That Darwin was Right. I wonder if Darwin was a mutant
>>
>>84438959
Atwater's quote was describing the Southern Strategy. You're conflating racism in general with with the Klan. You're also forgetting that most black people live in, and vote, solidly Democratic districts with black candidates.
>>
More comics need to shit all over Islam

Fuck liberals who don't mind tearing into Christianity but think doing the same to Islam is just ever so wrong and racist. Hypocritical cunts.
>>
Aren't KKK and other white nationalist types just the most popular and notorious, followed by Black Panthers? If you write a thing about latin american nationalist warlords, most people would be left scratching their heads. They totally lack the overall brand identity needed for good villain roles.
>>
>>84438990

The goal of the KKK after integration was support political candidates that would either ignore or flat out exploit problems in the black community such that their communities degraded without government intervention. It's not that blacks are animals; it's that they would need to create the environment ripe for the criminality such that they could use racist arguments and generalizations to cure whites from their supposed higher ideas about an integrated society.

Makes you wonder what might have happened if Obama didn't bailout the auto industry. I think it's safe to say that certain parts of America never received their bailout and so they're rout with decay. Just so happens that most of these areas are black.

In short, given the advancement blacks were making all the way through the 60s since Reconstruction with integration being to the KKK both inevitable AND anathema, the KKK decided to argue about racism, white nationalism, and segregation politically in solely economic terms.
>>
>>84438112
You could probably get away with it, but you'd have to use a hero belonging to a minority group higher up on the "oppression meter."

So you wanna tackle the Black Panthers? Better have a black female hero to do it. Gonna take down the Nation of Islam? Black MtF transgender, bare minimum, and if you're smart you'll make her crippled or autistic to be on the safe side.
>>
>>84439066
This.
That quote isn't very good.
>>
>>84438959
Yeah. Truth be told, even way back in the 90s, I noticed that economic policies were being used to subversively attack neighborhoods and regions. Through the image of the Cadillac Driving Welfare Queens, to policing the budgets.

However, I think we're getting over that. I mean, look at the debacle of the F-35 and the F-22 on the budget. The military has gobbled up so much of the country's yearly budget that we simply can't deny cutting spending isn't about saving money anymore, it's about targeting cuts for funding to certainp people for certain reasons to starve them of both a lifeline and opportunity. That's pretty much out in the open. It's part of the public discourse.

Only now it's part of that "the ENTIRE United States is currently and always has been a white supremacy" theorum. Which is incorrect. There most definitely were supremacists passing bills and legislation in the name of supremacy, there are definitely supremacist forces working in private business and government, but that doesn't mean the country is white supremacist. It means we need a better litmus test and a way to filter out ethnocentric conspirators.

I can't help but wonder the kinds of policies and behaviors separatists will employ in the coming decades now that movement is being made to extinguish separatist policies.
>>
>>84439092
The Rust Belt has existed for decades. If you want to bring up shit like that blame globalism, increased manufacturing efficiency, corrupt and stagnant unions, and outsourcing. If you want to specifically focus on its affects on the black community, start with white flight, shrinking tax bases, and ineffectual and corrupt city governments.
>>
>>84439151

Why is your reasoning such that the things I've mentioned and those things that you've mentioned are mutually exclusive? I don't perceive that they are. To have one community so completely devastated by these events seems to me, the definition of racist or negligence which circles back to racism, IMO.
>>
>>84439109
Cuts to welfare affect a greater percentage of black people but will affect more white people overall. Same way the biggest recipients of affirmative action are straight white women. Also the military eats up a small portion of the overall US budget, $599 billion dollars out of a $3.8 trillion budget or slightly less than 16%. Social Security alone takes up $895 billion dollars.
>>
>>84439186
Not him but I don't agree. It's about resources and demand.

When the franklinite ran out, the zinc mines closed.
When they mined all the rich cheap hematite of the Clinton formation, the steel mills got put under huge strain and without a ready source or cheap labor to sustain them, closed.
When the lead ran out in the galena mines, they closed.

In a much shorter term market, you can look at oil. How many boomtowns of the 20's and 30's are half abondoned or gone? How many of the 2000's?

You can't just magic up new reasons for people to stay in an area and make money. When the reasons for settlement and prosperity disappear, you have to accept a new lower equilibrium or move.

Contrary to the current administration's thinking, you can't build everything on services.
>>
>>84439186
I agree that in many cases it was targeted (I'm not the person you replied to, I'm the OP of the thread. different person) and intentional, malicious tipping over of the jenga pieces to which black society feels the damage from.

however, when you think about it, black society often structures itself kind of.. monolithically. Even in a country which is supposedly a white supremacy, with one ideological party that is supposedly the concentration of everything white supremacist and Southern Strategy, easily more than 50% of white people still oppose their policies and politics. The same can't be said about black people, who do vote 90% for black candidates in the democratic party. They're incredibly consistent.

And you see a lot of this in black society. They take something ubiquitous for granted. It's not unlike if you're a fan of Windows, the operating system, and you all use the same version. Some may not even update the operating system against known threats to it. Others may simply just not be aware at all. And so, one bit of malevolence on behalf of a hacker, the machine everyone depends on goes kablooey.

The dangers of going whole hog into something with a less diverse survival strategy if the shit goes sour.

I think nationally we should offer more technical trade schools and retraining programs to get new skilled labor jobs in this country. So people, like automotive workers, will have alternative ways to apply trade in the event a breadwinning industry collapses. They can be back to work a month later rather than tumbling down the up escalator.
>>
>>84439186
Are you literally claiming free trade, improving technology, worker's organizations, and economic disparities between nations are racially based? There are actual, tangible racialized policies in play, like redlining, you don't need to look at a company setting up shop in Mexico because they can pay a fraction in labor costs and try to find the racist narrative.
>>
>>84439218
Social security isn't in trouble. That's a neocon myth, and it's perpetrated by people who keep whining about how much of the budget it eats and how unsustainable it is. The truth is, it sustains itself. The biggest reason why so much social security gets consumed is because of all the misc. things that it needs to be spent on, and those industries insist despite consistent, lucrative business that they simply must raise their prices to make a profit off of all the bulk business.

The only reason social security is an "issue" is because they want it privatized and don't want the government to get involved with the outrageous pricing schemes for services, the same way they wonked and whined about the monopoly of medical technology, hospital care and medical attention being mitigated by Obamacare.

They squealed because they're greedy, not because there's a problem.
>>
>>84439277
That's nice, but I was just using it as a comparison in regards to budget proportions. But in many ways the things people claim about SS are the same as they claim about the F-35 program.
>>
>>84439246
>The same can't be said about black people, who do vote 90% for black candidates in the democratic party. They're incredibly consistent.
Which is funny considering there are decent number of blacks who identify as conservative and they didn't always vote Democrat.
>>
>>84439358
28.1% in a study done in 2004 identified themselves as slightly conservative, conservative, or extremely conservative, while only 7% identified as Republican.
>>
>>84439254

The argument is that whatever policy is in play, whenever the malefactor of such policies are consistently black or brown, then the government isn't performing with those people in mind.

It's not that certain policies are inherently racist, although some are, it's that we have some politicians arguing on behalf of certain policies, while having blacks and whites in their constituencies, with only white constituents in mind regarding their fiscal protection and economic stability.

Lee Atwater's statements when applied to American politics as a whole carries major significance. It creates a dualism where whites want to protect what they've clearly been benefiting from while blacks want to overhaul it because it's destroying them. Not only that but it shifts the burden of highlighting and identifying structural problems onto a fraction of the population with a much larger white majority that can't relate to their experiences.
>>
>>84439425
You have consider that most of the policies in question are equally on hard poor white people who, due to simple demographics, will outnumber poor black people, or just black people in general. If Lee Atwater's quote applies to the whole of American politics then it means that these structural problems apply to the whole as well. So it would mean that white people are content with destroying themselves through damaging policies or that black people are content with electing politicians that actively work against them.
>>
File: Tales_of_the_NTT_110-55-01-.jpg (80 KB, 400x615) Image search: [Google]
Tales_of_the_NTT_110-55-01-.jpg
80 KB, 400x615
>>84438112
I remember in this issue, Cyborg of all people fights and defeats a black terrorist gang who wanted to bomb a congress of some sort, with the only pretext of killing white people.The leader used to be Cyborg's friend when he was a rebelious kid, and he repeatedly tries to manipulate him into blaming whites for what happened to him. In the end he turns out to be just a bitter thugish psycopath willing to sacrifice him and Cyborg doesn't save him from falling to his death.

Does this count?
>>
>>84438772
probably you.

and >>84438352
>>
>>84439514
Hmmmm.. I'd say this counts to some extent.

Very good find, anonymous.

Sounds like it highlights that ethnocentrism and bigotry can come from more sources than just one demographic. Approved.
>>
>>84439506
>So it would mean that white people are content with destroying themselves through damaging policies

Bingo.

>Lee Atwater
>whites would be hurt
>but blacks would be hurt even worse

And the advancement of blacks overall, although gradual, has always been extremely vulnerable to outside forces. These problems wouldn't exist if certain types didn't deem them necessary for their end game.
>>
>>84439637
It's good to remember, however, that the vast majority of white people had no control or power over the legislation drafted. Yes, the rich and wealthy white supremacists that existed in America, when they weren't just cold hearted capitalists just being cold hearted capitalists, would hurt regions of white people economically in order to hurt black people. But by and large, I wouldn't consider this white people content with destroying themselves to destroy black people.

The biggest detriment to white people right now, the thing preventing them from having more children even in the face of other racial groups that are steadily outbreeding them, is economics. Whites simply aren't having as many kids because they can't afford to. So it could be argued any strategy meant to prevent other racial demographics from having social, political or economic power that negatively affects whites is simply ineffectual and more detrimental than just having industry.

Even still, it'd be a lie to say it wasn't helpful in the complacency of anti-welfare agendas. I can remember my own parents grinding their teeth about how we were poor as hell but ground ourselves into the dirt every day to afford things without government assistance and programs, because we were the wrong color for benefits, while the government just seemed to hand people that refused to educate themselves and apply themselves for higher labor jobs would have them handed out, assuring them success in having children. They were angry people who couldn't afford to have kids could have them and make the government pay for them.
>>
>>84439718

There's so much that needs further analysis in your observations that I'll only comment on your claim that whites aren't content with destroying themselves. To an extent, I agree, but there are so many that lack college educations who are susceptible to economic frameworks and arguments that honestly either don't care about policy or understand policy. There are whites in unions right now that would vote for union bashing, right to work politicians. There are many that still vote according to race alone; the demographics that make up certain constituencies included. So, it's not that I think everyone's inherently racist or anything, but I do think some are more susceptible to these sort of manipulations.
>>
File: 11-18-04-ronevars1.jpg (39 KB, 332x248) Image search: [Google]
11-18-04-ronevars1.jpg
39 KB, 332x248
>>84439582
I remembered that character and issue when I read this thread cause even if he clearly comes from a disadvantaged group and has some reasons to be upset, he irrationally makes it all about race, resenting Cyborg both because he doesn't have it as bad as him and because he doesn't hate whites, while trying to take advantatge of him.

If you want to check it out it's Tales of The Teen Titans, it tells the stories of the new members of the group and it's actually not that bad of a read. The Beast Boy story is a lot of fun and they're all very interesting.
>>
>>84439246
>blacks are monolithic

well blacks tend to vote based on the histories of the parties while considering which seems to promote their interests.

when you think about it, "the negro question" has been the central issue regarding most of america's political assassinations from lincoln and emancipation, to martin luther king and robert kennedy in the civil rights era. blacks tended to be republican up until the civil rights era with lydon b johnson since southern democrats were largely segregationists. after the passage of the civil rights act, those segregationists left the democratic party and moved to the republican party with the help of lee atwater's southern strategy.

it's not that blacks intend to be monolithic. it's history that somewhat forces the shift to one singular party along with the acknowledgment that there are particular demographics that seem to oppose their interests.
>>
>>84439863
But considering many of the policies are extremist and antithetical to one another, can you really blame them? To the clay of the earth, they're given two platforms.

The first platform is the democrats/liberals. It's no secret anymore. It's not conspiracy or some /pol/ thing. All you need to do is go to a college campus today and the hot new mainstream political theories, the ones that actually have power on campus, are taught by professors, are lauded as the truth and objective, are now pretty much talking about how it's impossible for anyone of an 'oppressed minority' to be racist, impossible for a woman to be sexist, and the only form of racism or sexism that exists comes from an ubiquitous male white supremacist power structure. Or, 'the patriarchy.'

The status quo was different through the 80s and 90s, but people aren't stupid. They attended college. They saw the professors during and before the big cleanse happened and these radical points of view were the liberal and progressive policies. Before privilege theory put itself in the drivers seat. They saw many proposed solutions were conceived in bad blood, about how everything negative that befell other races was done in the name of white supremacy, how white supremacy wasn't just a force active in America but the entire legal institution itself, and they were going to teach that to their kids and act as if that was the undisputable truth. Their solutions to economic and social disparity would be literal removal of opportunity from people on the basis of race by government edict and reappropriation of resources to people whom were not white, because they were not white.

Those people may not've thought their prospects were guaranteed with cold hearted capitalist leaders, but is it any wonder why so many of them doubled down on hyper-individualism and right to work? The solutions were not amiable to the problems.
>>
>>84440131
^
And the second platform, hyper-individuality. Right to work. Real or imagined meritocracy that rewarded what you knew and how hard you worked, with race not even coming into question. And more importantly, grabbing the anti-racism movement by the balls and beating attempts to fix racial disparity by pointing out, programs that reward you or respect you for your race as a factor were inherently racist, and racism was wrong. Right to Work, which would let bosses fire people for any reason whatsoever without trouble in law, no reason needed beyond 'I as an employer choose to terminate you.'

Those people who were not a protected minority knew that with protection from the most extreme sources of racism, the new legal protections could be used as a weapon, both against employers, good or bad, by workers who may or may not have just been looking for settlement money and more white wealthy people to drag through the mud, and their own competition. They saw themselves as being liable to lose work no matter their qualifications in the face of a protected minority, whom according to racial quotas, had to be hired.

What I'm trying to say is that throughout the 80s and 90s, a lot of whites weren't necessarily anti-black, but the policies they had to choose from, pushed by both parties, were not equitable or functional. Sure, those policies may've protected black people from many forms of discrimination, but they did it at the expense of competition and in fact often eliminated competition whatsoever. Which is a big no-no, unless you're going to mandate a minimum quota for whites. Which they would not do. Because that'd be racism, of course.
>>
>>84438419
Stop samefagging just 'cause there aren't any ids
>>
>>84440277
>31 posters
>74 replies
>odds that one time posters posted at least twice.
if there's any samefagging, it's very likely because it's contributing to the discussion, anonymous. The lack of IDs is a valid concern, but I think it's less malicious than you think.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.