[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russo Brother's talk Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: civilwar.jpg (23 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
civilwar.jpg
23 KB, 620x350
>"You cannot have a character called Captain America without examining the politics of what that means, especially in this day and age. The heroes in this universe operate under their own auspices, not under the directive of a government, and that can cause a lot of problems. There's a certain level of imperialism that we're examining - what right do those that have power have to use that power, even if it's to do good? How do you govern that kind of power?"

>"We're using the essence of what Civil War was about. The comic book isn't applicable to the storytelling that we've structured up to this point, but the concept of registration, the notion that heroes need to be either monitored or controlled because their power can be scary, is applicable."

>"The challenge was, we're doing the story of Civil War. Which everybody knows is nominally about superhero registration. And in a lot of ways that can be a political issue, and we didn't want the conflict of the movie to solely exist on that level. We wanted to figure out very personal reasons why everyone's relationship to this idea of registration is going to become complicated. That's what the relationship between Steve and Bucky allowed us to do, to get very personal in terms of why people would lean one way or the other.

>The theme of the movie is betrayal and it's a very powerful theme. The movie's extremely emotional. It hinges on that emotion, and on a very personal level we didn't want the movie to become about politics and people arguing about platitudes. The third act is built around a very personal moment between these characters."

cont.
>>
>>77736695
cont.

>"The Accords are the world jointly trying to govern the Avengers moving forward. It has to do with the effects of Ultron and Sokovia, and New York City , and Washington D.C. Examining the third acts of all the Marvel movies, we're saying, if you could point to the collateral damage in all those incidents, could you use that against the Avengers to control them?"

>"The job is to tie all these films together. To be able to pull from The Hulk, which may have been forgotten about a little bit, and make it relevant again within the cinematic universe, is important to us. We thought it would be interesting to take a character who had a fanatical anti-superhero point of view. Now he's become much savvier and more political and has put himself in a position of power, not unlike a Colin Powell. He's cornering the Avengers politically now, he's out-manoeuvring them."

>"When people leave the theatre, they're going to be arguing about who was right in the movie, whether it was Tony, or whether it was Cap. Tony has a very legitimate argument in the movie that's a very adult point of view, about culpability, about the Avengers' responsibility to the world, and the world's right to have some sort of control over the Avengers.

>It's a very complicated emotional arc for Tony Stark in this movie. Downey is utterly amazing in the part. I think he's taking this character he's been crafting for years and goes to some very risky places in the movie with the character.

>Tony is a person who understands the grey as well as anybody. Cap is extremely black and white and there is a certain level of moral fibre and fortitude that a guy like Tony would perceive as being irritatingly perfect, and irritatingly obstinate. The notion of wanting to punch Cap in his perfect teeth is a way to express his frustration with Cap's inability to conform to politics, and to compromise."

end
>>
Source: http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/captain-america-civil-war-trailer-breakdown/
>>
>>77736732

>The notion of wanting to punch Cap in his perfect teeth is a way to express his frustration with Cap's inability to conform to politics, and to compromise."

This notion coming from the guy that quite nonchalantly created a super intelligent robot that killed thousands of people and wrecked havoc all over the world.

Tony "Dindu" Stark
>>
>>77736802
>People can't learn from their mistakes
>>
>>77736695
>>"You cannot have a character called Captain America without examining the politics of what that means, especially in this day and age

I hate when americans try to talk about politics, it always end up being dumb. People that thinks neo-liberalism means you like gay people should keep their mouths shut.
>>
>>77736849
Considering he'd tried to do it again?

Let's not bullshit here, he got lucky the second time.
>>
>>77736732
>. To be able to pull from The Hulk, which may have been forgotten about a little bit, and make it relevant again within the cinematic universe, is important to us.
Based
>>
>>77736853
When did he talk about gay people here? Did you even read what he said?
>>
>>77736695
I have high hopes for this movie. I trust these brothers.
Winter Soldier was the best part of Phase Two, let's hope this is one of the better films of Phase Three.
>>
>>77736732
>>77736695
Why didnt the Rusos Direct the First 2 Avengers?
>>
>>77738416
Because Whedon wanted all of the credit and fame for himself.
Which utterly ended up blowing in his face.
Now we have the directors we needed and deserved who'll hopefully save what Whedon broke.
>>
>>77736695
>>77736732
These assholes don't get the characters at all and are just trying to use an excuse to turn the movie into a soapbox.
>>
>>77738493
It worked with their last Cap film.
Trust the Russos, they never disappoint.
>>
>>77738493
>Directors want to actually use themes and depth
>They don't get it at all!
>Directors say fuck it and just do a formula
>Quips jokes reddit danceoff bro!

I hate you all so, so much.
>>
>>77736732
>When people leave the theatre, they're going to be arguing about who was right in the movie, whether it was Tony, or whether it was Cap. Tony has a very legitimate argument in the movie that's a very adult point of view, about culpability, about the Avengers' responsibility to the world, and the world's right to have some sort of control over the Avengers.
This makes me very happy to hear. I was very worried that the movie would play "No, you move" straight.
>>
>>77738493
They say right there that they aren't writing either side as the "correct" one. It's the exact opposite of soapboxing.
>>
OP here

Posting more info since thread is picking up

[First scene with Buck, Sam and Steve]

>“That’s not early in the film,” reveals Joe Russo. “But we felt like it was the cleanest way to draw a line and highlight that this is Captain America 3, and not Avengers 2 and a half.”

>“There is a story about how Cap gets to Bucky,” says Anthony Russo, “and that’s fairly involved.”

>“His memories are foggy,” says Joe Russo. “But he has them. He’s also different now. There’s a part of his personality that was under mind control, and he murdered a lot of people. So he’s got a very complicated history. Who is that person? How does that character move forward? He’s not Bucky Barnes anymore. He’s not the Winter Soldier anymore. He’s something inbetween.”

>“All we can say about that,” says Anthony Russo, “is certainly The Winter Soldier has a very complicated history as an assassin and a weapon of Hydra – and that history ends up pulling him into a new conflict.”

[Relationship between Natasha and Steve]

>“We thought it would be interesting to take that relationship that was so strong in Winter Soldier, and test it,” says Joe Russo. “She sees that they have made mistakes, very public mistakes and she’s trying to convince Steve that it might not be as black and white as he sees it and maybe they have some culpability, and maybe they have to accept that culpability, and then find a way to work within the system so that the Avengers aren’t disbanded.”
>>
>>77738493
>These assholes don't get the characters at all and are just trying to use an excuse to turn the movie into a soapbox.
So what you're saying is they're ideal for a Civil War movie.
>>
>>77736695
>Russo Brother's
>Brother's
>r's
>'s
>'

LEARN HOW TO USE AN APOSTROPHE DUMBFUCK
>>
>>77738573
cont.

[Steve]

>“The arc we’re tracking for Captain America, the thing we thought would be most interesting with this character when we came on board to direct Winter Soldier,” explains Anthony Russo, “was to take him from the most ra-ra company man that you could get, this character who was a somewhat willing propagandist, and by the end of the third film he’s an insurgent.”

>“You have to pit him against the establishment, only this time it’s even graver consequences and even graver stakes than in Winter Soldier,” adds Anthony Russo. “In Winter Soldier, he was on the side of right because the establishment had been corrupted by a very evil organisation. In this movie, it’s just the establishment versus Captain America and he has to make a choice whether or not he can tolerate the establishment any longer.”

[Tony]

>Tony’s defining characteristic is his egomania, in a lot of ways,” adds Anthony Russo, “and we thought it would be interesting to bring him to a point in his life where he was willing to submit to an authority, where he felt it was the right thing to do.”

>“He now has a guilty complex,” says Joe Russo, “and the guilt drives him to make very specific decisions.”

>“We also played with the history. By the time Tony Stark was born and grew up, Captain America was a legend. We’re tracing the history between these two characters. It’s very interesting. It’s a sick, complicated relationship.”

[Falcon]

>“He’s deepening his relationship with Cap,” says Joe Russo. “It’s Falcon, Cap and Bucky – how is that dynamic going to work going forward? How does he feel about Bucky? How does it alter his relationship with Cap if Winter Soldier comes back into the picture?”

>>77738586
Sorry.
>>
Why do people think making Captain America submit to the authority of a government that has proven to be corrupt time and time again throughout history is in anyone's best interest? They keep saying that they need to be supervised and told what to do, but by who?

I would trust the judgement of Captain America over any elected official. Collateral damage and the death of civilians isn't the fault the people fighting the forces that cause these things
>>
File: avengers civil war.jpg (36 KB, 640x269) Image search: [Google]
avengers civil war.jpg
36 KB, 640x269
>>77738655
cont.

[The Showdown]
>“When I was a kid, collecting comics,” says Joe Russo, “I would look at the great double panels, and study all the characters in battle with each other. Sometimes it’s referred to as a splash panel. This is our splash panel [Referring to pic related].”

>“The way we went about it, it was about tracing what was going on with these characters,” says Anthony Russo, “and we would examine each character on a very personal level – how would they respond to the idea of registration? What stakes would they have in this issue? Why is it good or bad for them? That’s how we went about it.”

[Black Panther]
>“It’s a combination of a practical costume and VFX. It’s a vibranium weave, a mesh, almost like a chainmail. Luminescence is something we have to do in post,” says Joe Russo.

“He’s there for a very different reason which brings him into conflict with Cap and his team,” adds Joe. “His motivations are not their motivations.”

[Helicopter Scene]
>“He’s hanging onto that helicopter for an extremely passionate reason,” says Joe Russo. “In stories you’ll read where a mother will lift a car off a child. There’s something very important happening in that scene and for us it really represented his struggle as a character, one man pitted against a helicopter that’s trying to take off. Can he stop it? And what are the limits of his strength? For us, it’s one of the most powerful shots in the movie and it’s Chris Evans, who works very hard to physically exemplify this character. On set, we had him straining against a crane holding this helicopter, and you have this fantastic shot of his muscles bulging and you can feel the pain and the energy and the determination as he tries to stop this thing.”
>>
>>77738727
>tries to stop it

I'm guessing he fails then the copter gets shot down?
>>
>>77738727
cont.

[Widow]

>“In a way, her head is with Tony’s side of things, but her heart is with Cap in a lot of ways. It’s a really awesome spot for her as a character in the film.”

[Baron Zemo]

>“Zemo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not Zemo from the comics, and what’s interesting and surprising is that we don’t always honour the mythology from the books,” says Joe Russo, “One, because it’s predictable and two, it’s not servicing the story in the way we want. So, if Zemo were in this movie, I think people should expect that it’s going to be something fresh and exciting.”

[Final Thoughts]
>“It was important for us to make sure that you very clearly understood that this is a companion to Winter Soldier,” says Joe Russo. “It’s not a companion to Age Of Ultron, this is not a companion to Infinity War…”

End.
>>
>>77738797
>>“Zemo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not Zemo from the comics, and what’s interesting and surprising is that we don’t always honour the mythology from the books,” says Joe Russo, “One, because it’s predictable and two, it’s not servicing the story in the way we want. So, if Zemo were in this movie, I think people should expect that it’s going to be something fresh and exciting.”

Then make up your own character like Pearce. Why ruin a great character.
>>
>>77738755
I think he's trying to stop it, not save it
>>
>>77738797
>>“Zemo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not Zemo from the comics, and what’s interesting and surprising is that we don’t always honour the mythology from the books,” says Joe Russo, “One, because it’s predictable and two, it’s not servicing the story in the way we want. So, if Zemo were in this movie, I think people should expect that it’s going to be something fresh and exciting.”
D R O P E D
R
O
P
E
D
>>
>>77736849
Tony has done nothing but make mistakes.
>>
>>77738411
That's euro politics, don't take time to read what's being said, just do what the King says.
>>
>>77738493
They seem to get the characters a lot. Its amazing how much Captain America shit they shoved into Winter Soldier and yet all of it was done so well with an understanding of the characters.
>>
File: Pierce'd.jpg (40 KB, 600x328) Image search: [Google]
Pierce'd.jpg
40 KB, 600x328
>>77738860
>Then make up your own character like Pearce
>>
>>77738915
I'd say that's because of the writers more than Russos.
>>
>>77738865
Bucky is probably in it. I feel the trailer gave us a decent outline of the movie.
>>
Based on what we've heard...

>Opens with the ill-fated Avengers mission in Africa that causes the Accords to be approved

>Ross shows up to dick over the Avengers

>Bucky is being framed by HYDRA

>Cap begrudingly agrees to help them capture Bucky, but they gets screwed over and finds out there's a kill order out of Bucky. He then helps Bucky to escape.

>Some Avengers decide to help Cap, some help Stark.Results in airport fight where Rhodey gets rekt and shit gets real.

>Stark recruits Spider-Man, Cap finds Bucky and go to destroy HYDRA.

>Ends in that threeway battle at HYDRA's secret fortress.
>>
The Russos are Disney's Wachowskis.
>>
>>77739006
I wonder how it will end-end.

Obviously not like the comic book, but I wouldn't be surprised if Steve bit the bucket.

Would we get Tony and the Mighty Avengers vs. Bucky Cap, Peter, Hawkeye, Wanda and Lang as the New Avengers?

>mfw Defenders won't come out in time for Cage and Danny to join the underground Avengers
>>
>>77739070
Hacks who only made one good film?

Also
>Wachowski brothers
fixed
>>
>>77739086
Steve's gotta be around for Thanos.
>>
>>77739006
>>Ends in that threeway battle at HYDRA's secret fortres

Cap vs Tony vs Zemo?
>>
>>77738573
>highlight that this is Captain America 3, and not Avengers 2 and a half.”
I'm glad they realised thats everyones worry
>>
>>77738493
Whedon pls quip somewhere else
>>
>>77736695
>taking stories directly from the comics

This is going to be the beginning of the decline of the Marvel Studios films. Copying comic book arcs from an era when no one buys comics anymore is a bad idea. Those stories SUCK and the public won't respond to them as positively as they have the previous films.
>>
>>77739135
They'll bring him back with the Infinity Gauntlet at the end of Part 1
>>
>>77739279
Even Millar hates CW now.
>>
>>77738434
Or more likely because Marvel hadn't contracted the Russo's yet.

Or, you know, whatever.
>>
>Hawkeyes going back to his first Avengers role

Plsno
>>
>>77739279
>>77739299
Just like with all Millars work, the adaptations are usually better than the original
>>
>>77739346
He apparently gets development by getting along with Ant-man. They both share a common ground by having families to protect
>>
>>77739279
So you're fine with them loosely adapting 2008 Guardians but not Civil War because it's relatively recent?

It's not like the public reads comic books to begin with. Taking inspiration from (good) comic books would be nothing but an improvement.
>>
>>77739436
>his family wont die

Fuck you Russos. Pussies
>>
>>77739151
Probably. If Zemo is even that relevant.
>>
>>77739472
Taking bad stories and making them good is great. Taking good stories and trying to live up to their comic self might fuck themselves up because of hype.
>>
>>77738940
Directors use scripts as guides, not rules.
>>
>>77738915
But then there's that story about Peyton Reed being unhappy with how the Russos were portraying AntMan and intervening.
>>
>>77738493
This. It's blatant SJW pandering bullshit and has to be stopped.
>>
>>77739671

Sourced
http://www.etonline.com/movies/167187_ant_man_director_on_paul_rudd_captain_america_civil_war/

>“Yeah, definitely. As we were doing the movie and we were in post and they were getting ready to head out to Atlanta to do Civil War, we had a lot of conversations. And I actually wanted those guys to come in and look at our stuff, because there’s gotta be a lot of sort of crossover. I found myself getting extremely protective over the character of Scott Lang and talking to the guys, the writers, the Russo’s about, “He wouldn’t do that.” It’s important because there’s this continuity that has to happen in this universe. It was really, really great because I’ve known those guys for a long time and it was really good to sort of bring them in, show them stuff, and see them get jazzed about stuff that they were doing. I liked that about the process.”

>“It’s a constant one-upmanship of how you present these characters. You know, you sort of… One of the things when we started working on this was I want to see all these different… things I love from the comics and then things we just imagined, like just scenarios to put him in and thing to see him do, and like let’s pack as much as we can into this movie.

>So by the time the Russo’s get it, it was like, “All right. You guys figure out what you are going to do with it.” That’s one of the fun things about it, is watching these characters grow and evolve.

Sounds more like the Russo's wanted to get Ant-man right, so they asked Peyton Reed
>>
>>77739714
Thus is bait, but how are YOU gonna stop it, huh? Needs to be stopped. You're hilarious, anon.
>>
>>77738860
>Doubting Frederick Zoller.
>>
>>77739598
>Implying Civil War was good.
>>
>>77739572
C'mon, man. His wife is only allowed to be pregnant and in the kitchen begging him to come home. She's pretty much dead already.
>>
>>77739598
>Taking bad stories and making them good is great.
So... you're saying that Civil War was a better story than DnA Guardians? Are you a faggot?
>>
>>77739086
Vision and Wanda leave the Avengers; he goes to space to discover more about the stones and himself.

Wanda needs to learn the truth about her powers only place she's gomna find that is Dr. Strange.

As of the end of Civil War the Avengers are official and unofficial teams of normies.
>>
>>77739714
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>77736802
The way I see it that he knows first hand what can happen if people do unregulated shit and that's why he's so adamant about it. He knows that Cap means good, just like he did when creating Ultron, but he also knows how naive he was and is afraid that Cap's become just as blind as he was.

First time I'm actually looking forward seeing Tony in a Marvel movie.
>>
>>77739070
>The Russos are Disney's Wachowskis.

So which Russo is gonna get a sex change?
>>
I don't like how they are playing up Tony as having the "rational" side and Cap is just this fundamentalist. There are very legitimate problems with registration and I don't like the dichotomy being presented of the choices being limited to registration or complete unaccountability.
>>
>>77739814
Steve has proven himself to be honorable. Tony is the one who's full of fault
>>
>>77739976
I don't think we've seen enough yet to support that conclusion.
>>
>>77740258
I hope not, but Im worried that they framed the issue in way that it is either registration or total freedom. In that kind of dichotomy, it's harder to justify Caps position (all Cap replies to Tony's questioning is a lame " I don't feel that way") and I suspect that the Russos don't have a way to justify Caps position in the narrow choice they forced.
>>
>>77738940
If you listen to the directors comentary (with the 4 of them), it's pretty much the synchronicity between them all.

The first scene in WS is a great way to introduce 3 different characters without unnecessary exposition.

On the script:
>Cap is training early despite probably not needing it that much, but still pushes his limits, Falcon realizes this and deduces it's because he has PTSD and can't sleep.
>Falcon starts by making friendly smalltalk and asking him if he can sleep, then tries to help him relate by describing the feelings himself, showing that Cap is not alone
>Cap responds only says positive things when asked how he's liking the 'future', because he feels like a guest at someone else's house, doesn't want to seem rude, despite not being that comfortable.
>Falcon suggests some songs to keep it light, makes a harder push for therapy, making it seem like Cap wold be doing him a favor (by impressing the secretary), so as not to pressure him into admitting he has a problem and putting his ego/politeness on the line, to which Cap agrees, since he would never turn down someone else a favor.
>Widow comes along and makes a standoff-ish sardonic quip, never putting herself in a vulnerable spot in front of someone she doesn't know.

On directing:
>Cap is shown to be a humble and earnest guy who pep-talks people into trying their hardest, even with a couple of jokes about their (relative) inadequacy, but is never brash about it, and is always friendly.
>Falcon is shown to be a warm and welcoming guy, trying to help a fellow soldier in need, being generally upbeat and cocky
>Widow distances herself and makes sardonic comments, being the downer of the three.

This happens in like, 4 min and introduces the three main character so perfectly and better than Whedon did in two movies, where everyone is a Tony stark. And it's not that hard a thing to do.All you need is to thing of the characters before the jokes.

Glad to see they are bringing it back.
>>
>>77740582
>I suspect that the Russos don't have a way to justify Caps position in the narrow choice they forced.
Did you watch the trailer?
The government is going to execute Bucky on the stop and Captain America wants him to stand trial.

They have to play up Iron Man's side before the movie comes out or people will go into assuming he's a bad guy now, especially when the movie is called Captain America. You know, because audiences are stupid.
>>
>>77736732
>Cap is extremely black and white
I feel like that shouldn't be right. He has strong morals, but he doesn't look at everything as "absolute right" or "absolute wrong".
>>
>>77736695
Marvel needs build a time machine and have the russo brothers retroactively fix the MCU.
>>
>>77740807
He does, though. He was glad to be out of the spy game so that it was clearer to know if he was ultimately helping or not.

He doesn't mind picking a side in a grey issue, it's just that that usually costs him friends, which with his conviction, he prefers to selflessly lose, if that requires him to take the high moral ground.

At his worst, he's basically a less broody Rorschach that punishes himself and leads by example instead of trying to turn everyone else. He also probably believes that people can change from black to white, and he'll gladly help them instead of killing them when there's such an option.

Which, you know, is arguably a needlessly stubborn position to be in, which is why the CW concept is a good one, as is the strongest when you can't actually pick a side.
>>
This movie feels like it should have been the next Avengers film, it's bringing together the events of Iron Man Three and The Winter Soldier, both of which Age of Ultron seemed to ignore.
>>
>>77740713
Sure but the issue of a trial for Bucky is independant of the overall issue of hero accountability, which is what registration is about. I just feel that if you force the argument down to registration or total unaccountability, then most people are going to side with Tony on the registration issue. Its going to be easier for Tony to justify direct government oversight then it is for Cap to justify total freedom even if thats a false dichotomy. Of course I hope I'm wrong about this.
>>
>>77736695
>The job is to tie all these films together. To be able to pull from The Hulk, which may have been forgotten about a little bit, and make it relevant again within the cinematic universe
Dank u russos
>>
>>77738797
>It’s not a companion to Age Of Ultron, this is not a companion to Infinity War…
Nice
>>
>>77740925
>both of which Age of Ultron seemed to ignore.

I personally blame Whedon
>>
>>77738434
Whedon was actually contracted for three Avengers films.

He stepped down after the second because the production was too taxing for him.
>>
how can tony's team possibly lose if vision is part of his team?
>>
File: 1448577709980.jpg (13 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
1448577709980.jpg
13 KB, 480x367
>>77738493
>people actually took this bait

I am surrounded by autists
>>
>>77741080
... Very good question.

Wait a second, how is Vision so powerful anyway? Because has the power stone? What can it do?

I can see Vision being sort of neutral.

Isn't this film going to be super full with all these team members? I'd rather it just focused on Cap, Bucky and Iron man.
>>
>>77739086
Steve's not going to bite the big one, but he IS going be morally justified and in jail. Almost for certain.
>>
>>77740939
>Sure but the issue of a trial for Bucky is independant of the overall issue of hero accountability
I see where you're coming from but I suspect the sokovia accords have something in there about being able to execute supers deems too dangerous on the spot. The Winter Soldier would definitely be one (especially since Hydra wants Bucky put down so he doesn't spill secrets).

See I think Hydra is behind the sokovia accords and are using it to kill bucky and legally control the avengers. To build on Zola's TWS speech, war didn't work, big death cannons didn't work, so now they're trying to control superheros.

I'm guessing and pulling out of my ass that the accords pass/get accepted or whatever, Cap says well fine that's the law but I'm not being superhero anymore, then cap will find bucky and find out about the kill order and have to fight the registration with force instead of passive resistance.

Cap resists registration because while they may need accountability, he doesn't want a government he can't trust telling him who the bad guys are. You know if cap never froze and registration happened in the 40s for whatever reason, I bet Cap would support it because he trusts the power structure.

It's after he learns about the cold war, the US's dealings in central and south america, the middle east nonsense that's basically been going on for decades, and finally with Hydra, Cap sees the corruptibility of the U.S. government and can't support anymore compromises of freedoms.

This isn't about superheroes having the right to destroy shit, it's that the superhero/villain community probably is better policing itself than having politics deciding what enemy country you're gonna drop the hulk in.
>>
>>77738434
>Because Whedon wanted all of the credit and fame for himself.
I know you hate Whedon, but this shit is fucking ridiculous.

Whedon was hired for The Avengers because a lot of people liked his writing. He was brought back for AoU because the first movie was a smash hit. He didn't return for IW because he was constantly clashing with Feige over creative decisions, much like Favreau, Wright, and Taylor.

The Russos weren't put in charge of Marvel's biggest property first because they had very humble resumes. And now they have directed ONE good movie. This would be far from the first time the directors of a great superhero movie have made a shitty sequel, and it's especially probable when there's no much executive involvement in a movie.

/co/ is only capable of seeing people as the worst human beings imaginable or paragons of virtue. If they do anything wrong, then they did everything wrong. You've got the mentality of a goddamn 5 year-old.
>>
>>77739746
I was apprehensive about Reed back when he was announced and we got bits like "It's fucking Ant-Man", but damn the guy is genuinely passionate about the character.
>>
>>77741110
>has the power stone?
Mind not power
>>
>>77739598
>good stories
We're talking about Civil War.
>>
>>77739976
>There are very legitimate problems with registration
Like?
>>
>>77741400
Right, what can that do?
>>
>>77741456
From what we've seen:

>Mind control
>Giving sentience to non-sentient things
>Laser beams

Vision's superstrength comes from his vibranium body.
>>
>>77741456
Remember Loki's staff from Avengers? Mind control
plus ...
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Stones
>>
>>77741347
>This would be far from the first time the directors of a great superhero movie have made a shitty sequel, and it's especially probable when there's no much executive involvement in a movie.

So you're saying it's likely CW wouldn't be as good as WS because of exec meddling?

I completely agree.
It seems like there's too many elements in this movie to be coherent.
>>
>>77741437
Giving your identity to an institution that is known for exploiting and extorting people?
And can't keep its data under raps
>>
>>77741490
>>77741550
He's not wielding the stone, though, he's just holding it and using it as a focus for his head beam. I seriously doubt they'll use it for mind-control.

The only mind-gem thing it did was grant him sentience.
>>
>>77741437
Registration is a false choice, you don't need direct government control of superheros to regulate them. Just have the government enforce laws normally, if the avengers break a law or go too far, then have a trial and decide, you don't need direct control.

Also government is more likely to use the superheros for political reasons then alturistic ones. Putting superheros under the control of government isn't solving the problem of accountability, it just shifts it. Its much harder for the public to evaluate superhero activity if the government can send superheros on secret missions and manipulate the media.
>>
>>77738692
I'm sure there will be a rebuttal for that at some point in the movie.
>>
>>77741347
>/co/ is only capable of seeing people as the worst human beings imaginable or paragons of virtue. If they do anything wrong, then they did everything wrong. You've got the mentality of a goddamn 5 year-old.

THANK YOU for a dose of sanity in a cesspool of shit. Sometimes I wish I was mod of this board and /tv/. Because I'd destroy /tv/ and ban 50% of the worthless faggots on /co/.
>>
>>77741700
1/10 shitty bait. /pol/ is that way----->
>>
>>77738860
>Then make up your own character like Pearce.
You wanna know how I know you're a casual?
>>
>>77741811
I bet you think Jack Kirby's recycled talmudic mythology is good, too.
>>
>>77739749
Hi Tumblr.
>>
>>77741677
>The only mind-gem thing it did was grant him sentience.
I think MCU Vision uses it for flight, density changing, and cape making, sort of going along the lines of "mind over matter."
>>
>>77741110
Vibranium body AND Mind Stone.

Indestructibility and power.
>>
File: 1360287146930.jpg (23 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1360287146930.jpg
23 KB, 232x197
>>77738797
>“Zemo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not Zemo from the comics, and what’s interesting and surprising is that we don’t always honour the mythology from the books,” says Joe Russo, “One, because it’s predictable and two, it’s not servicing the story in the way we want. So, if Zemo were in this movie, I think people should expect that it’s going to be something fresh and exciting.”

uh oh
>>
>>77738797
>what’s interesting and surprising is that we don’t always honour the mythology from the books,” says Joe Russo, “One, because it’s predictable and two, it’s not servicing the story in the way we want. So, if Zemo were in this movie, I think people should expect that it’s going to be something fresh and exciting.”

Best Case scenario: He's a Donald Pierce-tier

Worst Case: Mandarin-tier

I just find it odd they went an unorthodox route rather than being faithful to the comics since they did so well with staying true to the spirit of things the last film.
>>
>>77741700
>>77742044
>>77742051
Creamed Corn and Bile 2016
>>
File: Cap_Team_unmuted_colors.jpg (206 KB, 835x354) Image search: [Google]
Cap_Team_unmuted_colors.jpg
206 KB, 835x354
>>77738727
... i see your true colors shining thru ...
>>
File: Under-Siege.jpg (95 KB, 400x603) Image search: [Google]
Under-Siege.jpg
95 KB, 400x603
>>77742119
>>77742196
Damn it man. Zero is seriously my favorite Marvel villain. Marvel has delivered nothing but constant disappointment with villains, and Zemo is seriously the best that they have out of all the ones they had left to use.

Fuck, this kind of left a bad taste in my mouth just as I was kind of getting excited for this movie.
>>
>>77741053
That's not why. His little pet liberals went rabid on him.
>>
>>77741760

Pretty much this. While it looks good on paper... superhero registration is really just a power grab.
>>
>>77742344
What do you like most about Zemo? What's his calling card or signature style?

I'm not really familiar, I think I've only seen him in EMH.
>>
File: 230px-Citizen_v.jpg (28 KB, 230x296) Image search: [Google]
230px-Citizen_v.jpg
28 KB, 230x296
>>77742451
He's a radical social revolutionary with extremist methodology like V from V for Vendetta, except with a far right ideology rather than a far left ideology. He has the sender principles as his father and his father's before him, but he individuates himself from them rather than live in their shadow. He makes the Zemo name his own. Both he and Captain America fight as the embodiment of higher ideals.

His connection with V as a similar radical social revolutionary is solidified even more with his heroic alter ego being Citizen V
>>
>>77739671
Well I am referring to the Winter Soldier, the only released movie they did so what else could you be talking about when you say they dont care about the characters? In that one movie it seems they did.
>>
>>77740582
Cap comes across as a bit dangerously single-minded. I suspect HYDRA may be have left some shit in Bucky"s head to fuck Cap over in some way.

Rhodey is a soldier as is Widow signing up is piss easy for them. Its same old same old for them.

Falcon is almost mindlessly loyal to Cap and shares his distrust of political shits. Ironically, like Rhodey and Widow, the Accords would be piss easy for him to sign up to.

Hawkeye and Antman probably have an issue with the Registration stuff due to their families. Hawkeye is a soldier so again not a massive problem for him despite that.

Antman has a criminal record and is a whistleblower; the authorities and millitary would tear him several new assholes. His life would be hell under the Accords.

Wanda would give zero fucks about registration as she has no family, but as for the fascistic faggotry that is "Deployment"...no fucking way. From what Olsen has said she regards the Avengers as a family but seems to want out ("she knows she will have to make a decision").

Like Wanda, registration is nothing to him. Being naive the Deployment stuff might seem ok to him...at first. Friendly reminder that the US Government destroyed Vision in the comics and that danger may be what forces him to leave Earth. He is also viewed as a glorified toaster by most people.

Basically Viz and Wanda will get raped up the ass if any government lays hands on them as they are not regarded as human. Better to leave Earth or seek sanctuary with the Sorcerer Supreme.
>>
>>77741393
Directors who are able to work within the system and make good movies are often underrated by critics and pundits.

To make a good film while working with the tits in suits is an achievement not to be sniffed at.

Also, never forget that George Lucas is an "auteur", thus disproving the stupid notion that Auteurs are great filmmakers. Alot of them are arrogant shits who make pretentious drivel.
>>
>>77736732
>Turning over power to daddy Washington is the 'adult' position

Good joke!
>>
>>77738860

Pierce was an existing character from the comics and very different.
>>
>>77744062
And very boring.
>>
>>77739989
Nobody's perfect. Steve is helping a very, VERY wanted fugitive escape from the law by simple virtue that he's an old friend, and while it may not be his fault, Bucky was involved in a lot of the problems the world faces now, and people do want him to at least stand trial (albeit the authorities are probably led by hydra, hence why they want to use lethal force.)
>>
Man they need to release some new BvS stuff, or new Deadpool shit so my hype can build more.

I mean BvS and CA:CW will be the two biggest juggernauts next year. And both will be spectacular in their own accords.

A FUCKING GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE
>>
>>77744213
There's going to be a new BvS trailer before the year is over, plus whatever is happening with that LexOS viral marketing.
>>
>>77739006
> Stark and Rhodey firing missiles at Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye
> Rhodey gets wrecked

Either Wanda or Vision dunnit.
>>
The film really should end with the Avengers disbanded. It would be stupid if they survived.

That's the best setup for Infinity War as it allows them to pack them off to where they belong (the normies on Earth, Vision off-world, Wanda with Strange, Antman with Wasp, Panther doing his own thing).
>>
>>77743778
I feel that in reality all of them would rather work and would work better on their own than under the governments thumb. Even Tony I feel is fundamentally an individualist, and I think he is just grasping for a way to atone for Ultron more than any deep belief that government can handle the avengers better.
>>
For real though, is this gonna end with Cap dying?
>>
>>77738493
>MUH SPECIAL CHARACTERS
>>
>>77740925

AoU and Antman are suppose to connect but because of the fucking asinine director problems HYDRA ended up encouraging Tony to build Ultron not Pym.
>>
>>77742347
Because they looked up what the word Quim meant.
>>
>>77736732
Accord = Patriots?
>>
>>77741347
I don't disagree with you, but you shouldn't have bothered replying to an idiot stating a dumbass opinion that's 3 lines long.
>>
>>77744604
maybe they'll flip it on it's head, and kill iron man. There's no Iron Man 4 is there?
>>
>>77738797
>but her heart is with Cap
knew it God fucking damn it.

MY SHIP IS STRONK
>>
>>77745150
No, but this movie isn't part of his contract. He still has one movie after this, which would presumably be Infinity War. Likewise, Chris Evans has one more movie on his contract after this so it's not likely either will die.
>>
>>77740925
>Iron Man Three and The Winter Soldier, both of which Age of Ultron seemed to ignore.
huh?
>>
>>77745177
>
Fuck off shifag He mant like in the heart of Americans is with Burgers kind.
>>
>>77745298
fuck off, you homofag
>>
>>77739006
Will they fuck off with HYDRA already?
>>
>>77745405
People complain about MCU killing all the villains. Is it so bad to have a continuous one?
>>
File: 1441337826931.png (264 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1441337826931.png
264 KB, 635x457
>>77739598
>Civil War
>good
>>
>>77745521
HYDRA is trying to reach "nanomachine" status. They're just a bunch faceless goobs for Ironman & his amazing friends to bash through in droves.
>>
File: Fyc4Xts-1.jpg (60 KB, 401x940) Image search: [Google]
Fyc4Xts-1.jpg
60 KB, 401x940
>>77745702
...so just like the comics, then?
>>
>>77745804
yeah, like shit comics.
>>
>>77745298
>>77745347
i'm waiting for you two to fuck
>>
>>77745702
it's a cap movie. I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
>>77738860
But this is the exact same situation we had with Pierce. And Vanko. And Aldrich Killian. And Darren Cross.
>>
>>77746441
I won't judge their decision before watching the movie but all those characters you named are fucking irrelevant in comics unlike Zemo who is a high profile villain.
>>
>>77736732
>Examining the third acts of all the Marvel movies
So that's Ironman and....
>>
>>77741229
So he's Rightclops.
>>
>>77738655
>“He now has a guilty complex,” says Joe Russo, “and the guilt drives him to make very specific decisions.”
>Tony has a guilty complex
Why exactly? Everything has been going his way since the end of Iron Man 1. He ended on perfect terms with the other Avengers at the end of AoU. So what's up there?
>>
>>77747241
Steve was right like five years before Cyclops was right.
>>
>>77738512
What else have they done besides cap 2 of note?
>>
>>77747366
>what is arrested development
>the best sitcom of the 2000s
>>
>>77747331
> On perfect terms with the other Avengers.

> I didn't know he and Wanda were now bessie mates.
>>
>>77740925
Yeah, AoU just keeps feeling more and more inconsequential
>>
>>77747379
>>the best sitcom of the 2000s
That's not Curb Your Enthusiasm.
>>
>>77747392

>Yeah, AoU just keeps feeling more and more inconsequential

It's VERY important from a character level, the problem was it was a direct sequel to the first Avengers rather than the other Phase 2 stuff.

The Avengers weren't a team. An angry God showed up on Earth and ripped an inter-dimensional anus filled with aliens right above Earth, and Nick Fury manipulated each Avenger so they would eventually be willing to work together to close the hole. They weren't friends, they didn't even like each other that much and any serious ideological argument would tear them apart.

That's what AoU was, it tested the very foundations of who these people were as a team and as heroes. That's a story that NEEDS to happen before Thanos shows up, we them to be a real team when the endgame comes.

You can argue Whedon failed, there's plenty of genuine criticisms you can level at that movie. But people who argue it was filler just because it wasn't connected to the Infinity Gauntlet storyline in a major way are downright wrong. This is why I don't get people whoa rgue the entire farmhouse sequence was pointless, that's the fucking emotional and thematic core of the fucking movie, without that there's nothing real to hold on to.
>>
Dose anyone have the beat-down WebM form the trailer?

I need it.
>>
>>77747533
learn to search the active archive:
>>77703651

There are actually multiple versions of the webms in that thread (search webm).
>>
It all sounds good except Baron Zemo.
I mean, fucking why.
>>
>>77747604
Thanks Fag
>>
>>77747649
You're welcome, moron.
>>
>>77747754
No problem, nigger.
>>
>>77747155
All three Iron Man movies
TIH
Both Thors
Both Avengers movies
Arguably Cap 2
Arguably Ant-Man

So basically everything except Guardians and Cap 1, you know the ones about space and WWII respectively
>>
>>77736695
Meanwhile , all Hack Snyder has ever said is HUUUR DUUR LE EPIC BATMAN AND SUPERMAN TRANSCEND CINEMA, LET ME TAKE A CHEAP SHOT AT ANTMAN BECAUSE IM BUTTHURT IT WAS BETTER THAN MY SHIT MOVIE
>>
>>77741108
>I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!
>>
File: Roger ebert says.jpg (19 KB, 334x412) Image search: [Google]
Roger ebert says.jpg
19 KB, 334x412
>>77736695
>>
>>77739279
>Implying you wouldn't be first in line for a Carnage Man movie.
>>
>>77748605
Meanwhile all the Russos have ever said is HUUUR DUUR IMPORTANT POLITICUL COMMANTARY ABOUT LEFTOVER EVIL NAZIS
>>
>>77748952
>How about we put a smile on that face?"
>>
>>77749048
butthurt dcasual pls
>>
>>77747331
>creates Ultron
>indirectly killed Wanda's entire family because of that
>created the two villains he faced in IM2 and 3
He also felt guilty for all his weapons being used by terrorists in IM1.
>>
>>77748605
>butthurt Antfag still mad about absolutely fucking nothing
>>
>>77741654
But the government already has their identities in the movie.
>>
>>77750057
>>77741654
It's not about identities this time, it's about being controlled by the government.
>>
>>77750069
I mean, it's already pretty illegal to run your own private army around fighting private crusades. The only reason it's even an argument is because the only major example (the Avengers) are exceptionally virtuous people.

An interesting angle to explore would be to have other, less obviously good superpowered vigilantes.
>>
>>77750121
PMC's are legal.
But this particular PMC created a robot that almost destroyed the planet and then we have what Wanda does in Africa.
>>
>>77750137
PMC's are legal when governments hire them. Private individuals can't hire people to shoot other people.
>>
>>77750154
Yeah, those are mercenaries, but what I mean is that something like the Avengers would be legal.
What wouldn't be legal is risking the entire fucking planet.
>>
File: BroadCityIlanaJerkOff.gif (2 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
BroadCityIlanaJerkOff.gif
2 MB, 500x278
>>77739279
>Those stories SUCK and the public won't respond to them as positively as they have the previous films.
>>
>>77750170
Well, no, actually. The problem is that The Avengers aren't working for any government. They're going around fighting bad guys on their own. If they were already taking orders from the government, there wouldn't be a Civil War to begin with.
>>
>>77739279
It's Avengers 2.5, if people liked the previous ones, they will like this.
Don't pretend the masses go see these movies for any other reason than seeing super heroes blow up shit.
>>
>>77739279
But they've been adapting comic storylines since the first movie.

Civil War has as much in common with the source material as The Avengers does with The Ultimates.
>>
>>77739006
>Bucky is being framed by HYDRA
Well, "framed" is an awfully strong word...
>>
>>77749048
Please don't respond to bait that blatant.
>>
>>77742333
that actually looks great
\>>77738727
>On set, we had him straining against a crane holding this helicopter, and you have this fantastic shot of his muscles bulging and you can feel the pain and the energy and the determination as he tries to stop this thing.”
based Evans
fucking actually holding the helocoptor irl
based af
>>
yfw Stark firing missiles at Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye (and probably Ant-Man) is what probably leads to Rhodey getting raped hard.
>>
>>77738797

Here come the "muh mandarin" fags...God I can already hear the whining
>>
>>77736732
>"When people leave the theatre, they're going to be arguing about who was right in the movie, whether it was Tony, or whether it was Cap.

Uh, this is all Tony's fault in the first place....
>>
>>77751016

>implying they'll care once based Daniel Bruhl starts doing his thing
>>
>>77751016
I think you could argue that if they are going to make a new character, just make a new character (I'm all in favour of this; creating new characters and stories is refreshing), don't do a Michael Bay and name-slap.
>>
>>77739086
I'm thinking Steve will get put into a coma, so he can come out for Infinity War pt 2
>>
>>77751016
The difference is that Zemo is a great character.
>>
>>77750137
What Wanda does in Africa is to set up her leaving the Avengers and joununf up with Doctor Strange (what an amazing coincidence that something like this has just happened in the comics).
>>
>Civil War trailer has more views than BvS made in 3 days.

:^)
>>
File: 20000% FUCKING MAD .gif (667 KB, 171x255) Image search: [Google]
20000% FUCKING MAD .gif
667 KB, 171x255
>>77738797
>[Baron Zemo]
>

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT!
>>
I'm 99% sure, after reading comments by Feige and Russo's, that Cap dies in CW.

Especially considering how the film opens with the funeral of Peggy Carter.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 593x248) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 593x248
>>77751228
>Batman v superman will make 3 times as much as civil war

:^D
>>
>>77751228
>muh company wars
>>
>>77750069
>It's not about identities this time
It wasn't about identities in the comics either. The secret identity thing was a byproduct of registration, not the intent, and it only really effected Spider-man.
>>
>>77738229
>Let's not bullshit here, he got lucky the second time.
Says you
>>
>>77751681
>"Tony don't turn on this super robot"
>Turns it on
>It tries to kill everyone
>"Tony don't turn on this super robot"
>Turns it on
>It's helpful
>>
>>77751228
>theres more interest in developed characters that the audience is emotionally invested in than a reboot.
>>
So how does it tie in with ang Lee's hulk? Or were they talking about Nortons hulk?
>>
>>77752093
You're really outta the loop, huh?

It's Norton's Hulk, now played by Ruffalo.
>>
>>77752119
In the interview they say the hulk not the incredible hulk. So I wasnt sure if they were referencing the ang Lee film
>>
>>77751228
>implying it isn't Facebook likes that truly indcate quality
Grandpa pls
>>
>>77752163
They also said the Avengers instead of Marvel's The Avengers™
>>
>>77739976
It is less rational and more about compromise or not compromise.

With neither of them being the "good" option.
>>
Anyone have the list of rumoured fights in this movie?

It's basically confirmed now
>>
File: haramabsolutely.jpg (56 KB, 544x468) Image search: [Google]
haramabsolutely.jpg
56 KB, 544x468
>>77736695
>taking Civil War focus off of Spiderman and his secret identity/Aunt May getting a hit put on her & getting shot, and the shift in his personal politics based on how it affected him directly as the "everyday good guy american"
>We're gonna try and arrest you capes despite you fucking up SHIELD when it was HYDRA-infested, we'll take any future alien invasions up the ass thanks"

This is beginning to make less sense than Michael Bay transformers.
>>
>>77738573
>But we felt like it was the cleanest way to draw a line and highlight that this is Captain America 3, and not Avengers 2 and a half.”
Good
>>
>>77740939
I think the direct execution is a direct result of the accords. Maybe someone sneaked in some sort of 3 strikes rules in it and they are using the accord to retroactivelly condemn bucky to life in jail or execution.
>>
>>77751824
Well, DC-aligned shitposters were using trailer views as a surefire indicator Civil War was doomed, so it's nice to see a little BTFOing going on.
>>
>>77738797
>but her heart is with Cap in a lot of ways
Whedon on suicide watch
>>
>>77752430
>Civil War is doomed
Fixed.
>>
>>77752356

That's... a really good point. And then letting the guy responsible for Ultron, the only reason I can think of for their about face, be their poster boy.
>>
>>77752336
>Captain America VS. Iron Man
>Captian America and Winter Soldier VS. Iron Man
>Captain America VS. Black Panther
>Winter Soldier VS. Black Panther
>Captain America VS. Spider-Man
>Hawkeye VS. Black Widow
>Hawkeye VS. Black Panther
>Falcon VS. War Machine
>Scarlet Witch VS. Vision
>>
>>77752466
>PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH: the Motion Picture
>>
>>77752439
But they were still buddies in his movie.
>>
>ITT: Russo fags blindly defending two TV directors who had a surprising hit
What will you children do once their hackery is exposed? If Whedon couldn't handle the amount of crap in Age of Ultron, then these two (and the writers) will certainly flop.
>>
>>77738727
>we had him straining against a crane holding this helicopter, and you have this fantastic shot of his muscles bulging and you can feel the pain and the energy and the determination as he tries to stop this thing.”
That's fucking rad
>>
>>77752508
You're wrong.
>>
>>77752541
>Superhero straining to stop something WITH EMOTION!! xD
That's nothing new

>rad
Is this the 1990s?
>>
>>77736695
Why can't these guys just direct every Marvel movie?
>>
>Everyone hating Stark

Did you all forget he was never actually freed from Scarlet Witch? Because the movie sure did.
>>
Anybody have any good Spidey or Zemo predictions/theories?
>>
>>77752578
>They sound so smart, I bet this will be a hit!
Stick with Nolan, kid
>>
>>77752466
Where did you get this list from?
>>
>>77752570
>not being a hip cat who's down with the lingo
shiggy diggy my niggy
>>
>>77752602
These Wachowski ripoffs are 2deep4me.
>>
>>77752614
There's been seceral leaks.
>>
>>77752489
That's pretty much every Marvel movie

>Russos: We are going to make this movie so beautifully done; so artist and 2deep4u

PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH QUIP QUIP PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH QUIP QUIP QUIP
>>
>Cap 3 is basically an Avenger movie

Fuckin a Disney, I know they wanted to compete with BvS, but I really wanted to see Serpent Society.
>>
>>77752598
Spider-Man's role is somewhat clear.

>15 years old.
>Has been Spider-Man for a year.
>Stopping petty crimes in New York City with a homemade costume.
>Believed to be an urban legend.
>Stark finds him and recruits him to the government-sponsored Avengers to be the poster boy for how the Registration provides guidance to young heroes and gives them a chance to do something meaningful.
>Gives Spidey the classic red-and-blue outfit and helps make the webshooters.
>Spider-Man is with Stark's Avengers at one point in which he fights Captain America.
>He's a Captain America fanboy, so while he's fighting he's constantly apologizing for attacking Cap.
>Later, in the end, he decides things got too messed up between Cap and Stark and leaves Stark's Avengers, claiming he'd rather be his own man and help the common guy avoid a mugging rather than fight aliens and shit.
>The Registration will still have a presence in his solo movie.

Zemo is the true wildcard.
>>
>>77752757
You were never going to see Serpent Society, they've been Marvel's laughingstock since Avengers.
>>
>>77752757
>wanting Diamondback
>ever
S/D, pls
>>
>>77750195
It's gonna be like that on such a massive scale, like it is an annual.

Though it's The Winter Soldier 2 if anything. We've all seen it. The Based Russos confirmed it with their DEEPEST LORE.
I'm sure if someone took side by side comparisons of TWS, AoU and Civil War. It would be totally noticeable.
>>
>>77750195
So it will be worse than Avengers 2.
>>
>>77736695
I hope to fuck they finally bring back Hydra, not that piss poor version they use in that shit SHEILD show, like full strength Hydra. MCU has done an abominable job of portraying the whole "cut off one head, two more shall take it's place" idea that makes Hydra so threatening. Fucks sake, they took them all down in 1 battle in AoU.
>>
>>77752163
One isn't MCU canon, the other is. Gee, I wonder which Hulk movie they're talking about.
>>
>>77752758
I'm fine with stark giving him a suit but Peter better be the mind behind the web shooters. Stark should only give him the resources if that
>>
>>77752356
>taking Civil War focus off of Spiderman and his secret identity
That was never the focus of Civil War. That was one plot point that actually had very little effect on the overall story of Civil War beyond giving Spider-man something to do.
>>
>>77752890
Well its clear Struckers division sucked. Zemo however might have more resources and may utilize them better
>>
SPOILERS!

>Tony has broken up with pepper
>He mentors spidey
>He's dating aunt may
>He makes him a real suit
>He makes him web shooters
>He tells him the responsibility speech since uncle ben died in 9/11
>>
>>77752951
Thanks Insider Source. I'll post the BleedingCool article confirming these leaks later this afternoon, so keep an eye out for the thread about it.
>>
>>77752951
>He's dating aunt may
I don't think RDJ is thirsty for old flesh m8
>>
>>77752834
>Deepest lore

>implying that TWS was even that deep

top kek
>>
>>77752982
>old flesh
Marisa Tomei nigga, I'd hit that any day
>>
>>77752758
It'be cool if his homemade costume resembles the first Scarlet Spider. Remember how it was like a hoodie and shit?
>>
I hope MCU Spidey gets the mechanical leg backpack. NOW HEAR ME OUT: its visually different than the previous film interpretations, it can reference Starks iron spider suit, and it aids in vertical wall crawling and new fighting styles
>>
>>77753061
Fuck off
>>
>>77752466
>>77752682

Has it been leaked who Ant-man Fights?
I know he's apparently going to become Giant.
>>
>>77753107
No. All we know is...

>He's recruited by the Falcon
>He has a new uniform
>He's a Cap fanboy as well
>He's buddies with Hawkeye and Falcon
>He will ride the arrow
>He might become a giant
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.