[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUSTICE LEAGUE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10
File: 1468178907330.png (956 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1468178907330.png
956 KB, 960x960
So between set reports and confirmed leaks, the movie is already pretty much outlined.

>30,000 years ago, humanity joined forces with Themyscira and Atlantis to repel Darkseid's invasion, and Darkseid's secret weapon, the Mother Boxes, were left behind and divided between the three realms. Themyscira and Atlantis began feuding and abandoned the human race.

>On present day, Batman is monitoring the meta-humans identified by LexCorp and investigating the kidnappings of several scientists. Upon learning the culprints are the Parademons that he has previously seen on his Knightmare, he decides to assemble a team to fight them and recruits Wonder Woman to help him.

>Batman and Wonder Woman visit Atlantis to recruit Aquaman, but he declines due to his grievances with both Themyscira and the surface world. Aquaman's wife, Mera, is a powerful sorceress and warrior, and his loyal advisor, Nudis Vulko, is the guardian of the Mother Box and is privy to the secrets of the original battle.

>Batman recruits the Flash, who readily accepts. He's a forensic scientist for the Central City Police Deparment and has feelings for his best friend, Iris West. He's also a skilled inventor in a makeshift suit.

>Wonder Woman approaches Cyborg, a ex-athlete who was crippled in an accident and rebuilt by his father, Dr. Silas Stone, using advanced technology, including the Mother Box in possession of the United States government. Cyborg initially declines, but changes his mind when Silas is captured by the Parademons as well.

>Commissioner James Gordon announces that the Parademons are nested on an abandoned subway line underneath Stryker's Island. Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Cyborg venture into the nest to rescue the scientist and fight a horde of Parademons.

>Batman sets up a base of operations for them in an abandoned Gotham City Iron Works facility belonging to Wayne Enterprises and also creates a supersonic carrier plane, the Flying Fox, that becomes their main transportation.
>>
File: 1468179052245.jpg (39 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
1468179052245.jpg
39 KB, 600x331
>The group finds out Darkseid's enforcer Steppenwolf has been lured to Earth by Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology and wants to retrieve the Mother Boxes.

>At one point they visit Lex Luthor in Arkham Asylum for further information on Steppenwolf, and learn that once combined the Mother Boxes become a weapon capable to subjugating the entire planet.

>Aquaman joins the team after Atlantis is attacked and its Mother Box is taken. The team attempts to protect Themyscira's Mother Box, but they fail.

>The team then converges to protect the final Mother Box in possession of the United States government at S.T.A.R. Labs. Steppenwolf launches a full-scale assault on the facility, leading a massive battle. Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Alfred Pennyworth are the last line of defense, but are overwhelmed by the onslaught of Parademons.

>Steppenwolf retrieves the final Mother Box and prepares the activate the weapon when Superman returns to life and joins the battle, helping the heroes defeat Steppenwolf.

>Cyborg melds with the Mother Boxes and prevents the weapon from being activated, and then repels Steppenwolf's offensive.

>With the world saved, Superman reunites with Lois Lane, and the heroes decide to continue working together to protect the world from further threats as the Justice League.

>Meanwhile, in Apokolips, Darkseid learns that Earth has been able to defeat his most formidable warrior and decides to attack them directly.
>>
I think I know the answer to this already but is there a reason you're not using one of the DCCU threads that already exist?
>>
>>84399513
Somehow cavemen managed to drive off highly advanced aliens with nothing more than sticks and stones. Sounds about right
>>
>>84399513
Is this the same as the "leaked" script we got for BvS?
Nice imagination though
>>
Sounds boring without GL.
>>
>>84399572
Anthro is a badass. It's nothing new.
>>
>>84399583
No?

Not to mention there were several reliabled BvS leaks. EVERYONE called bullshit on Doomsday being in it and you know how that turned out.
>>
Why is Cyborg still being included in the Justice League? Where is J'onn J'onzz?

Fucking tokenism.
>>
Sounds like the same garbage. I am interested to see just how bad it can get because Snyder couldn't handle Superman and he was rewarded with Batman, Luthor and Diana and that was even worse. The whole JL could theoretically be Ed Wood-tier
>>
>>84399591
Fuck off, Green Lantern a shit
>>
>>84399740

No one wants to use J'onn. Cyborg's origin is incredibly simple while J'onn's is absurdly complex.
>>
>>84399513
Based Zack, saving capeshit from the MCU menace one step at a time.

Prepare for another godly piece of art, lads.
>>
>>84399773
Yet it is the best thing about supergirl
>>
>>84399773
He's an alien from Mars.
That's literally all they need to say. His backstory has been retconned so many times none of the details really matter anyway.
>>
File: 6758.gif (737 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
6758.gif
737 KB, 200x250
>>84399824
>He's an alien from Mars.
>That's literally all they need to say.

I'm surprised Snyder hasn't given a you a job yet
>>
>>84399740
Actually, if this script weren't made up by OP and his Dad, President Supernintendos, this would be a pretty good reason for Cyborg to be on the team. It fits the narrative, and is slightly more interesting than trying to read the mind of someone, failing, then clutching his head going "NAAARGH"
>>
>>84399740
J'onn is safe on the CW anon.
>>
Is "Denial over leaks" part of the Snyder Cycle?
>>
Literally "The Avengers: DC Version".
>>
>>84400164
So is superman for now. He isn't coming back until the end of justice league part 2. He'll be in dream sequences through the first movie, slowly being corrupted by darkseid. It's why they can suddenly and inexplicably use him in a tv show now.
>>
>>84399513 (OP)
>30,000 years ago, humanity joined forces with Themyscira and Atlantis to repel Darkseid's invasion, and Darkseid's secret weapon, the Mother Boxes, were left behind and divided between the three realms. Themyscira and Atlantis began feuding and abandoned the human race.
Fuck everything about this.

>>84400710
At least The Avengers was accurate to the source material, for the most part. This is just bullshit.
>>
>>84399634
Maybe Vandal Savage, Black Adam (if they decide to do it like that), the ancient Blue Beetle, and Bruce Wayne.
>>
File: Snyder Cycle.png (1 MB, 2673x1750) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1 MB, 2673x1750
>>84400224
Just give it a teaser and /co/ will go apeshit like always
>>
>>84401140

The answer is to break free from the shackles of hype teleology and measure movies as movies.
>>
>>84401224
Something /co/ will never ever be able to do.
>>
File: Green Lantern.png (83 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern.png
83 KB, 333x250
>>84399770
Fuck you buddy.
>>
>>84400734
He's confirmed to return in "Justice League", bro.

And "Supergirl' could always use him.
>>
>>84399513
Dead on arrival like battleborn
>>
>>84401554
>He's confirmed to return in "Justice League", bro.
>He'll be in dream sequences through the first movie, slowly being corrupted by darkseid.
Reading comprehension, hon.
>>
Why are they making Mother Boxes so important when everybody and their mom has one
>>
>>84401610
Because the "new gods" in this verse are just space demons that hijack planets, and mother boxes are now infinity gems.
>>
>>84399513

>30000 years ago

Fucking dropped.
>>
>>84401576
He's confirmed to be back to the living, pal.
>>
>>84401808
With longer hair too.
>>
Man the DCCU is a fucking mess.
>>
>>84399572
Humans are ridiculously resilient and could probably overwhelm aliens by sheer numbers, even with big stone clubs. I'm thinking it's a mix of pic related and something like the invasion of Mexico except Darkseid didn't have native allies and smallpox (or the Anti-Life Equation?) to help him and now he's having another go.
>>
>>84402724
They also have super-powered Atlanteans and Amazons helping them, as well as metahumans like Black Canary. It makes me wonder if any other metahumans will come to help.
>>
>>84402724
In fairness, Darkseid and the forces of Apokalips are actual fucking gods, or are supposed to be. They should absolutely be able to fuck our shit up 30,000 years ago or even today.
>>
>>84399513
>Another DC movie that's setting things up with a cross over, rather than crossing over things that have already been set up

When will they learn?
>>
File: 1458880311024.jpg (60 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1458880311024.jpg
60 KB, 706x706
>They dumped GL for fucking Cyborg

It's not fair. It's not fucking fair at all.
>>
>>84402990
Gotta get the urban market interested.
>>
>>84403112
Give them John Stewart for fuck's sake.
>>
>>84399513
>>84399536
Weren't the motherboxes originally 1 part cellphone 1 part divine artifact rather than super weapons? I can't remember but I could have sworn that the new gods all had them or that they could make them as needed, but it was rarely done because it made a connection to The Source.

Also if this is true, then it will probably be the final nail in the DC movie universe's coffin. I mean they don't even have Superman appearing until the last 10 minutes? I mean this just rapes the entire meaning and storyline of the Death of Superman.
>>
>>84399824
Hell, the movie could do its own take where the Martians were wiped out or enslaved by Darkseid, motivating J'onn to help the other heroes.
>>
>>84402990
GREEN LANTERN HAD HIS CHANCE.
>>
>>84403288
heh
>>
Fuck Zack Snyder. Piece of shit director.
>>
>>84402990
Cyborg is not in GL's place
>>
>>84404383
Yeah, he's in J'onns place.
>>
>>84400951
>At least The Avengers was accurate to the source material
lol
>>
>>84404523
More accurate than Snyder's JL at least.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>84404551
The burden of proof is on you my friend. You made the ridiculous claim.
>>
>After credits scene, APOKALIPS
>DESAAD is kneeling behind a throne, in which sits an imposing figure. It is DARKSEID.
>Desaad: "Humans... They are not the cowering wretches we were promised. They stand. They are unruly and therefore they cannot be ruled."
>Darkseid stands from his throne, we see only his back.
>Desaad: "To challenge them... is to court anti-life."
>Darkseid looks over his shoulder and smiles.
>>
>>84404590
>The burden of proof is on you my friend. You made the ridiculous claim.
Avengers didn't have a complete butchering of its prehistoric universe from the comics, an item from the source material being treated as a MacGuffin when it really isn't supposed to be, its main villain being defeated by a bunch of cavemen prior to the present day, and had a mostly accurate initial Avengers team. It also didn't feature a D-list villain that even fans of the comics don't care much for as its main villain.
>>
>>84404660
>an item from the source material being treated as a MacGuffin
Uhh, it had 2 MacGuffins actually. Loki's staff and the Tesseract.

>its main villain being defeated by a bunch of cavemen prior to the present day
Yeah, they just turned their main villain into a completely incompetent moron that no one is scared of who's done nothing but lose Infinity Gems with each passing movie.

>and had a mostly accurate initial Avengers team
This team is mostly accurate too, it's only missing one member. It's actually more accurate than the Avengers roster.

>It also didn't feature a D-list villain that even fans of the comics don't care much for as its main villain.
Loki was hardly A-list before Avengers. No one gave much of a shit about him either until Thor came out. The Chitauri are also literally who's.
>>
>>84404945
2 actually. Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>84405034
Look, I know you guys hate it, but Cyborg has been a founding member for like 6 years now. It's not something they made up for the movies.
>>
>>84404945
Moving goalposts something fierce, eh?
>>
>>84405137
Nothing I said is inaccurate.
>>
>>84404945
>Uhh, it had 2 MacGuffins actually. Loki's staff and the Tesseract.
Loki's staff had an Infinity Gem in it and Cosmic Cubes have been treated as MacGuffins before. Try again.
>Yeah, they just turned their main villain into a completely incompetent moron that no one is scared of who's done nothing but lose Infinity Gems with each passing movie.
Are you referring to Thanos or Loki?
>This team is mostly accurate too, it's only missing one member.
It's missing GL and MM.
>Loki was hardly A-list before Avengers. No one gave much of a shit about him either until Thor came out. The Chitauri are also literally who's.
Loki has always been Thor's archnemesis and had tons of fans before the movie. The Chitauri are just the Ultimate Universe's version of the Skrulls and were remembered from Ultimates vol. 1.

Only point you have is:
>It's actually more accurate than the Avengers roster.
But even then, Black Widow and Hawkeye both are considered to be some of the most iconic Avengers, even if they technically joined the team later anyway.
>>
>>84404945
>Uhh, it had 2 MacGuffins actually. Loki's staff and the Tesseract.

And it's possible that there's another McGuffin in JL. It was confirmed that there's a sword related to Wonder Woman, called Godslayer (not the Cheetah knife, probably one like Deathstrok's Godslayer). It's in the solo movie and could carry on to the JL movie.
>>
>>84405220
>have been treated as MacGuffins before
That doesn't make it any less shitty of a plot device. Motherboxes have been treated as MacGuffin's too if you really want to get that technical.

>It's missing GL and MM.
Martian Manhunter hasn't been a founding member for a while now. And even with 2 missing members, it's still more accurate.

>The Chitauri are just the Ultimate Universe's version of the Skrulls and were remembered from Ultimates vol. 1.
Nobody has ever given a shit about the Chitauri.
>>
>>84405425
>That doesn't make it any less shitty of a plot device. Motherboxes have been treated as MacGuffin's too if you really want to get that technical.
Cosmic Cubes have been treated as MacGuffins far, far more often than Mother Boxes have. Which is the point that I was making. CC's have at LEAST been treated as MacGuffins, along with Infinity Stones. Mother Boxes really have not in most cases.

>Martian Manhunter hasn't been a founding member for a while now. And even with 2 missing members, it's still more accurate.
MM has been a founding member of the JL almost throughout its entire history right up until the nu52.

Meanwhile, though Black Widow and Hawkeye weren't founding members, they were added to the team shortly afterward iirc and have been staples more or less ever since. Cyborg has only been shoehorned onto the team in the past 5 years or so.

>Nobody has ever given a shit about the Chitauri.
But they're not really literal who's since they were in Ultimates vol. 1, considered to be one of THE Avengers stories. At least there was some precedent for choosing them as the invading alien race. Steppenwolf on the other hand, has never been such a prominent character up until now.
>>
Barely any fucking Super,an. Thanks hack Snyder. Fuck you. Fuck you
>>
Whoever is the GL of this sector is pretty inefficient.
>>
>>84405557
The sadness when Superman TAS did a thousand times better intro to the New Gods than this movie could ever hope to achieve.
>>
>>84406488
I am so sad, man. You don't even know.
>>
>>84399740
I love MMH, WAAAAY more than Cyborg, I don't cae at all for Cyborg in the JL, unless paired with Shazam, they're kinda cool together.

BUT... Cyborg is infinitely more relevant to today in many many ways, while J'onn is another "last of his kind alien".
>>
>>84403180
>Weren't the motherboxes originally 1 part cellphone 1 part divine artifact rather than super weapons? I can't remember but I could have sworn that the new gods all had them or that they could make them as needed, but it was rarely done because it made a connection to The Source.
They are what they're created for, and yes the new gods can create them in New Genesis, but Darkseid can't, so that's probably why he wants to retrieve the only ones he had.

>Also if this is true, then it will probably be the final nail in the DC movie universe's coffin.
Nah.

> I mean this just rapes the entire meaning and storyline of the Death of Superman.
To sell comics and being a publicity stunt? Because that's what it was, sure some good runs came out of it like 90's Superboy, but the story itself was pretty bad, BvS already made it better by having Supes' death be the catalyst of complete acceptance of Superman by everybody, when previously they had doubts.

So his return should be triumphant.

I mean, you realize that's a very abridged description right? It's not gonna be like "oh hey guys I'm back" with how Snyder likes to be operatic and shit.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 625x961) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 625x961
>finally get a Justice League movie
>Cyborg but no fucking Green Lantern
Fuck movies, I'm done. It's like some dumbfuck executive went "Oh, well Avengers had six heroes, we can't take any risks, so we also need exactly six!"

So now we're supposed to be hyped about getting Green Lantern and maybe Martian Manhunter in the fucking sequel. Fuck you, we should be seeing Atom and Hawkman and Green Arrow and Black Canary in the sequel, not people who should be founding members.
>>
>>84407999
I'm a huge MM fan and a big fan of the classic Big 7 lineup but I don't HATE Cyborg on the team. I think he can bring a lot to the table if they don't write him as a glorified valet and actually do something with him.

Though I do agree, we definitely need J'onn and GL.
>>
Are the mother boxes Martha Wayne and Kent?
>>
>>84399513
>>84399536
This sounds like almost exactly what I expected, minus a few parts here and there like Alfred being part of the resistance... And them using a fucking Iron warehouse as base. Or calling their transport .......the Flying Fox.

Happy they kept the Atlantis/Themyscira conflict though. I especially enjoyed that in Flashpoint. Other than that the plot pretty much sounds like Justice League War, except with the pawn Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid, which is really unfortunate they chose to sidestep to a nearly backgroundless villian instead of Darkseid, which means he and Brainiac are just that much farther off......maybe Brainiac will be a Superman standalone villian?
>>
>>84399935
lmaooooo
>>
>>84399824
Just go with the JL cartoon origin. He was the last martian. I mean his powers and shit may make him OP sure, but I'm pretty sure they're just trying to roll with current comics N52+
>>
>>84401513
Booster Gold/Blue Beetle ftw!
>>
>>84403175
this
>>
It's still so weird seeing Cyborg being an "original" member of the JL
I'm just so use to him being a Titan
>>
>>84408423
>that pic
ORE-TACHI NO UTA WO KIKE
>>
>>84403180
>Weren't the motherboxes originally 1 part cellphone 1 part divine artifact rather than super weapons?

They were basically a plot device for the New God characters, similar to Mr Miracle circuitry in his suit in the original stories. It did whatever Kirby wanted it to do.
>>
>>84412078
And it went PING while doing it. The machine that goes PING is my favorite.
>>
>>84411556
What the fuck are you talking about? That's Green Lantern.
>>
I'm going to wait and read the reviews. I've been fooled twice by Snyder and I won't spend my money again unless I know the movie is good.
>>
>>84411669
Yeah. I don't claim to be a big Titans nut, but I always liked that they earned their place as a separate team, with the originals having League status but choosing to remain Titans. The Titans feel diminished more than Cyborg feels uplifted.

It would be entirely different if they did a JL movie, then some other movies, then a Teen Titans movie, then some more movies, then a second Teen Titans movie, then another JL movie where they make a cameo in the climactic battle when Batman makes the call to bring them in and they help save the day. Then you could have a scene where the League says "you've all earned your place yadda yadda" and some members could refuse, and maybe Cyborg chooses to join, and there's a nice moment in space with like a bromance parting of ways handshake, and Cyborg joins the Justice League and it feels EARNED.

Then at least we can have fucking John AND J'onn on the Justice League to start. You're allowed to have two of "them" on your focus grouped team WB. I don't know why they're simultaniously a) trying to push Cyborg so much and b) doing it so poorly. Way to diminish the entire untapped concept of transhumanism and a spiritual bond with technology to simply "hacking by plugging computers into his third eye."

Poop.
>>
>>84404551
I'm not who you're responding to and you couldn't pay me to watch a DCCU movie after MoS, but I'll prove you wrong:

No Wasp.
No Ant-Man.
They were founding members of the Avengers in the comics. If we were going for comic book accuracy, Captain America probably shouldn't have even been in the first one. They also don't have SHIELD sponsorship.
>>
They won't do Green Lantern because his movie flopped. They CAN'T do MMH because all his character beats are Clark's and Snyder isn't a good enough auteur to differentiate between the two. They need to sell toys, and appeal to kids and "urban' audiences. Ergo, Cyborg.

Hope you guys are ready or the standard "I have robot parts am I a man or machine abloo bloo bloo" character "arc". Be sure to complain about how it goes for the next year afterwards; those threads are the most fun I have.
>>
>>84412733
Pretty much this. It doesn't feel right and even norms won't feel like Cyborg belongs because of the Teen Titans show (and Go too I guess). It's a decision that makes no sense and only enforces the token stereotype. At least they're not trying to make him some "troubled urban youth" caricature in an attempt to show how bad black people have it.

If they do try to include him, they have to make him like the Flashpoint Cyborg where he already does hero stuff on his own. Having each leaguer get their main suits and do their first hero work when an invasion comes is stupid. By the time a justice league is formed in any media, the members should already have their rogues and history and even had interacted with each other on a smaller scale before, but it seems like they're going with the Justice League War route so I'll just do the same thing I did with BvS and only see it to laugh at the sheer failure
>>
I wish WB would do two special movies, one is the end of Mars in which they only show the war on Mars and it ends with Manhunter landing on earth.

The other movie would be escape from Apocalypse, which would be about Mr. Miracle and would be a great way to introduce Apocalypse.
>>
>>84399536
>Pennyworth are the last line of defense
the hell do they need superman for then
>>
>>84404614
>Darkseid
>ever standing up unless he's about to fucking murder a Kryptonian

DARKSEID DOES NOT STAND

DARKSEID IS

COMFORTABLE
>>
>>84399513
>30,000 years ago, humanity joined forces with Themyscira and Atlantis to repel Darkseid's invasion
It's gonna be Lord Of the Rings all over again, isn't it?
>>
>>84415377
>lord of the rings with DC IPs copy/pasted
why would you NOT want that
>>
>>84415377
Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the Anti-Life Equation...
>>
File: Justice League Supper.jpg (2 MB, 2445x1239) Image search: [Google]
Justice League Supper.jpg
2 MB, 2445x1239
>>84415377
Yes, except with color-filtering, no establishing shots, and eye-rollingly bad dialogue.

And probably a scene like this.
>>
>>84415377
Thor 1 started sort of like that
>>
>>84416625
I thought Thor started with a road-trip to the realm of the Frost Giants to kick ass and take names?
>>
>>84399513
Will the Man of Steel tie-in comic with Supergirl ever be relevant?
>>
>>84402990
GL had his chance in his own movie, and he failed hard.
>>
>>84408423
"Unite the Seven"

So I guess the seventh is Alfred or Mera for now? Eh.

>>84416641
Watch it again
>>
>>84411514
>Martian Manjobber
>OP

lmao
>>
>>84402025
>With longer hair too.

So they're recasting Cavill?
>>
>>84416902
Just giving him implants
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.