[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W-we'll get another show like it r-right guys? https://
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 494.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
494.gif
299 KB, 448x256
W-we'll get another show like it r-right guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXph0arElKs

never ever ;.;
>>
Maybe Justice League Action will be good? I'm looking forward to it, even if the episodes are supposed to be short.
>>
>>84379541
I have hope for JL Action. I don't like 11 minute episodes but it looks to me like they're trying.

I really have hope for a new JL cartoon or new DC cartoons in general that are syndicated, full-length shows with good animation, good writing, good plot and character development, and have good music. It's always been something that I've always wanted. And unlike the DCAU, they could do some things they never did in that, like making Aquaman a full-time member, giving more attention to Mera and Black Manta, making Zatanna a full-time member, maybe having a more fun atmosphere in general, actually having a JSA, and so on.
>>
File: whaaaaaaaaat.jpg (21 KB, 522x399) Image search: [Google]
whaaaaaaaaat.jpg
21 KB, 522x399
Ive been going through most fo the DCAU lately.

I watched BTAS growing up, and then caught a bit of JL and JLU as it aired.

But now Ive gon back and went through the Superman animated series and now all of JL, and Im on season 2 of JLU. It really is a great set of shows.

I just hate how sloooow Flash is, and how wildly peoples powers change from episode to episode, or even part way through an episode.

>in superman animated series Flash has a race with Superman to see who can do 100 laps around the fastest
>jesus fuck hes fast
>JL and JLU comes around
>Flash can pull the guns out of the hands of 20 criminals in a room in a fraction of a second, and other times he cant even dodge a punch and gets his ass kicked by no-name goons

>one episode Superman is tanking direct blows from Darkseid
>few episodes later he can barely handle some really strong super human guy in the royal flush gang, when he should be punching this dude through a mountain 100miles away
>>
>>84379877
Isn't the conceit of that show to literally cut out everything but the fighting with as little pretext as necessary?
I'm not saying it won't be fun, but no way it'll be anything but mindless action schlock.
>>
>>84379877
>that are syndicated

By that, I'm assuming that you want shows that last 52 to 65 episodes, right?

Because we really could've used that with YJ, GL:TAS, and BtB.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443303542780.jpg (55 KB, 462x750) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443303542780.jpg
55 KB, 462x750
>>84379541
Beware the Batman has to be in the top three best Batman cartoons along with BTAS and Brave and the Bold. Early 2000's The Batman just felt like a cash in for the new nolan films and it wasn't that great, it had it's moments but overall it didn't really stand up to the DCAU level of quality.

Beware the Batman gets a lot of shtick because
> CGI
> obscure villains
> Shitty time slot

I think it has a solid season arc and brought something very different to the table rather than doing the same thing btas & tb had done already. Definitely underrated along with GLTAS which also seems to be snubbed because it's CGI while everybody raved about young justice, I felt all three shows deserved more recognition. Shame they all got cancelled and TTG is the only show left.
>>
>>84380116
To be fair, the DC Nation shorts were even shorter but they were very enjoyable. And if you want to get technical, SU episodes are only 11 minutes long too, they're just aired in chronological order for episodes that make sense, like the episodes where Lapis Lazulli is introduced.

>>84380173
Yep. Also Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld. Maybe Black Lightning too.
>>
>>84379877
I'm sorry but "11 minute episodes" in the modern CN environment is usually shit when it comes to boys shows these days
>>
File: animatedseries.jpg (82 KB, 970x544) Image search: [Google]
animatedseries.jpg
82 KB, 970x544
W-we'll get another show like it r-right guys?
>>
>>84380213
Thank you. I really enjoyed it too and it did bring a lot of new things that were overlooked over CGI and other complaints.

One nice thing about Beware and GL:TAS being CGI is that it pushed the creative team to bring back characters often and do more with them. No one felt wasted, particularly in comparison to the 2012 TMNT show that would just throw many characters to the garbage the moment they were used once.
>>
So, considering all the current animated movies are connected. If they were do to a Rebirth movie or something along the lines, would the characters start to remember their lives in the old animated universe?
>>
>>84379541
Been rewatching this lately, so good. There are some weak episodes though, I'm just a bit after laughing fish and I feel like I've hit a patch of kind of forgettable episodes. When its good though its so damn good and when its not its still decent so I really can't complain.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Atleast you have Teen Titans Go! Your now favorite show right guys!
>>
>>84380775
I think they'll just keep going. They've been less beholden to the Nu52 anyways.
>>
wew
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.