[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Thor and the Norse Gods go into heaven and hell when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 415x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 415x500
How can Thor and the Norse Gods go into heaven and hell when they aren't Gods but actually Space Aliens?
How can Space Aliens travel freely into the spirit realm when their "magic" is just science?

And if the Norse Gods are just Aliens with high tech gear, why can't Reed Richards, Dr Doom, or Tony Stark hack their stuff? I mean, Reed Richards is literally the smartest man in existence. You telling me he can't hack Thor's hammer?
>>
I remember in Mighty Avengers, Hank Pym managed to disable Loki with the "magic = energy = science, I'm good at science so gg" logic. but I only read so much of that, so maybe Loki was faking or some shit.
>>
>>84373641
>How can Thor and the Norse Gods go into heaven and hell when they aren't Gods but actually Space Aliens?
They're Gods in the comics, not space aliens. And even if they were just space aliens, Mjolnir and the Bifrost can create a portal to anywhere. There's no reason that wouldn't include heaven and hell realms.

>How can Space Aliens travel freely into the spirit realm when their "magic" is just science?
Same way Reed Richards can build a machine that lets you enter the spirit realm. All the magical realms are still just other realms. Pretty much anything that magic can do, someone as smart as Reed could build a machine to replicate. I mean, cosmic cubes are created through science and they're basically wishing boxes that'll warp reality to your whims. Also their magic isn't just science. They use magic and science interchangeably to the point that they're essentially one and the same. Treating magic as if it were just another branch of science because that's how advanced they are.

>And if the Norse Gods are just Aliens with high tech gear, why can't Reed Richards, Dr Doom, or Tony Stark hack their stuff?
Again, the norse gods aren't aliens (well, they are in a sense, but they're still gods). That's only the case in the movie, and since you're bringing up Reed and Doom, you're clearly not talking about the movies. And either way, there's a magical enchantment on both the movie and comic mjolnir. Given enough time and dedication, Reed could maybe figure out how to "hack" it, but it wouldn't be worth the effort.
>>
>>84373824
>And either way, there's a magical enchantment on both the movie
No there isn't.
>>
>>84373641
Why can't aliens be magic?
>>
>>84373864
Odin cast an enchantment on Mjolnir, anon. The worthiness shit is an enchantment, which is magic.

Are we really going to have this exact same argument AGAIN where someone pretends to be as retarded as humanly possible in order to intentionally misunderstand that scene from Thor 1? Because I doubt you're actually that stupid, and I don't see what you gain from pretending to be that stupid. Are (you)s that precious to you?
>>
>>84373641
You never looked at Thor comic, right?
>>
>>84373641
>>>/tv/
>>
>>84373901
....The director of Thor 2 said straight up there was nothing magical about them at all in the MCU. I'm sorry your fanfic isn't canon.
>>
>>84373910
This anon is likely fresh off the boat from /tv/ and has never read a comic in his life, Thor or otherwise.
>>
>>84373929
I didn't realise the director of Thor 2 was in charge of MCU canon. Last I checked that was Kevin Feige on the movie side and Loeb on the TV side whereas the director of Thor 2 has only ever done Thor 2, the single worst and most panned MCU movie, and that was never said in any of the movies.

Point me to Feige saying that. Point me to a point in the movies where that is said.

But you already know this and just want your precious (you)s so here ya' go.
>>
>>84373982
It was said in the directors commentary, which already has more bearing than any of your bullshit fanfiction. Stop getting ass ravaged just because the MCU and the comics are not a perfect carbon copy of each other.
>>
>>84373929
The fact that you don't even know his name says all that needs to be said about how much what he claims matters to the overall canon.
>>
>>84374008
It matters far more than what you want it to be. There's a reason they made everything look tech based in both Thor flicks.
>>
>>84374006
The only one getting assravaged here is you, /tv/. Sorry that your memes have gone stale.
>>
>>84374025
And yet Loki used magic.
>>
>>84373641
>when they aren't Gods but actually Space Aliens?

Please fuck off back to /tv/. Literally nobody wants you here. Nobody. You have an entire board just for you. Why can't you go there?
>>
>>84374046
You mean his flickering holograms he called "illusions"? Again, there was a reason why they made everything look tech based.
>>
>>84374006
And in AoU Thor goes into a magical pool where spirits gave him magic visions of the future. Stuff actually in the movies > Meaningless director commentary.
>>84374025
>There's a reason they made everything look tech based in both Thor flicks.
Because that's what Kirby made the Thor comics look like.
>>
>>84374026
You're the one vehemently fighting against what the director of the stupid movie said just because it conflicts with your fanfics.
>>
>>84374085
>And in AoU
Never seen it.
>>
>>84374055
They are Space Aliens. Even Jack Kirby said so.
*Mic Drop*
>>
File: mcclappin.gif (1017 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
mcclappin.gif
1017 KB, 500x270
>>84374124
>>
>>84374177
>Jack Kirby
Nigga's opinion means shit, Stan the Man was the mastermind while he just paid Kirby to draw dots all day because he's just a nice guy.
>>
>>84373641
Could Doctor Strange beat Thor since he's just an ordinary alien and Strange is a master sorcerer and can manipulate reality?
>>
>>84374098
>literally decades of comic canon
>hurr durr you just made it up

I hate myself for taking your weak bait, but just in case you're that stupid: fuck off
>>
>>84374577
We're talking about the movies, not the comics you illiterate fucking moron.
>>
Seems like this guaranteed replies thread is a success.
>>
>>84374653
It always is.
>>
>>84374607
You brought Reed and Dom into this, so that automatically makes it comics based you incomprehensible mongoloid
>>
>>84373641
Because capeshit comics have many writers and they don't give a shit about consistency.
>>
>>84374674
Oh, so you're just a fucking idiot that thinks he's talking to one person. Figures.
>>
>>84373641
The marvel gods are not the actual norse gods.

Pick up a book on norse mythology and educate yourself on the topic.
>>
>>84374695
Even if you're not lying, you're still defending the /tv/ scum above, which is inexcusable
>>
File: loki2.webm (494 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
loki2.webm
494 KB, 1280x532
>>84374607
Movies have pretty explicit use of magic, you're talking about one movie.
A movie that literally has magic in it.
>>
>>84374006
https://youtu.be/BWmlWA_jb7w?t=118
Enchantment
>>
File: loki1.webm (588 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
loki1.webm
588 KB, 1280x532
>>84374774
Illusion.
>>
>>84374077
More like the force push that he did while in prison. Probably one of the things he learned from Frigga, considering they said earlier in the movie that Frigga taught Loki magic which is why he was closer to her.
>>
>>84374774
Speaks a pass code into the hammer.
>>84374747
Except their "magic" explicitly looks like its rooted and based in technology.
>>84374742
Op is a troll looking for responses. My point is that while they are magical gods in the comics, they are anything but in the movies. They're aliens that were at one time confused for gods, and all their "magic" is based in extremely advanced alien technology. The guy who made the second movie said it, which overrules anything you or anyone else who desperately wished they were legitimate magical deities in this universe, has to say about it, for better or for worse.
>>
File: radioshack.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
radioshack.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>>84374006
>It was said in the directors commentary
By the director of this movie?
>>
>>84374982
Yep.
>>
File: Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg (149 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg
149 KB, 700x700
>>84374963
>I-it looks like technology
>>
>>84374963
>Except their "magic" explicitly looks like its rooted and based in technology.
OK. It's still magic though. Please, do tell what magic "looks" like? You must have a lot of experience watching real magic happen if you can claim that what they're doing isn't magic.
>>
Let's discuss more interesting topics, who would you go gay for first? Thor or Hercules? I'm straight but if Herc told me to suck his cock, I would.
>>
>>84375028
>It's still magic though.
How is it still magic if the guy who made the fucking movie said it wasn't. Explain this please.
>>
>>84374545
In Strange Tales 123 Dr. Strange fights Loki who is in a spirit form with a fraction of his power. Strange barely holds out long enough for Thor to show up, at which point Loki runs away.
>It is over! But never have I been so close to defeat-- never have I faced an enemy who was so thoroughly ruthless-- so incredibly powerful!
>>
>>84375164
Because the guys that made the movie were Kevin Feige, Ike Perlmutter and the Marvel Creative Committee. "Guy who directed Thor 2" was just yet another corporate stooge hired to direct what he was told to direct. He didn't write it, he didn't oversee it, and he's not the arbiter of MCU canon. There's no "artistic vision" in Thor 2 and he didn't get to decide what went in it anymore than the editor or cinematographer did.

Thor 1 says they use magic and shows magic being used. Thor 2 says they use magic and shows magic being used. AoU had Thor walk into a mystical spirit lake to get visions of the future. That shits magic. Just because MOST of the stuff they do is just super advanced tech doesn't change the fact that they also use magic ontop of that.
>>
>>84374963
Paraphrased quote from Thor 1, which is in the movie and thus holds way more sway than anything that a director of one single movie said in a comment while watching the movie he didn't write.
"Your ancestors called it magic, you call it science. To us, they are the same thing."

MCU Asgard runs on magitech. Their science is imbued with magic, and their magic runs off of scientific principles. Thor states as much in Thor 1, and he reiterates that Mjolnir is magic in Age of Ultron when everyone is drunk and trying to lift it from the table he put it on.
>>
>>84375164
He didn't write the movie.
He wasn't even first choice and he came in last minute after the former director had been working on it two months, so he doesn't have anything close to a writing credit.
He certainly has no say over the other three movies the character has been in nor the universe as a whole.

Any of the shit he tried to add to make a bad movie even worse was collaboratively amended by Feige, the council, and Whedon.
>I was sort of given absolute freedom while we were shooting, and then in post it turned into a different movie
They didn't even let this nigga in the editing room even though he directed the movie, then he had the nerve to be offended that they added the GotG after-credits scene to it.

I laugh at his bitch ass thinking he means anything and I laugh at you.
>>
>>84375128
Thor is prettier 9 times out of 10.

But Herc seems like he'd be more fun to live with.

I mean, you'd be receiving either way, and they both have superhuman strength and stamina so it's sort of moot on that point.
>>
>>84375405
Thor might be prettier but is he as handsome? I don't think so. Herc 9 time out of 10.
>>
>>84373930
This.
>>
>>84375479
I like fukbois more than bara, anon. Sorry.
>>
>>84375580
Don't be sorry anon, you are well entitled to your (wrong) opinion. Different strokes etc.
>>
>>84373641
>Reed Richards is literally the smartest man in existence

That's Doom, you peasant.
>>
>>84374006
>70 some years of comics
>fanfiction

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>84375739
Clearly you are. Please learn some reading comprehension before trying to look like a big boy.
>>84374607
>>
>>84375717
Then why doesn't Doom hack Thor's hammer?
>>
>>84375355
>"Your ancestors called it magic, you call it science. To us, they are the same thing."
>MCU Asgard runs on magitech.

I interpreted that line as that 'Magic' is just their word for 'science'. It's all based on highly advanced technology. Not sorcery. The whole of the film more or less is trying to state that the supernatural is bullshit superstition that we concoct because humans are too pigheaded to rationally see things that are beyond out understanding.

'Magic is just science we don't understand.'

And the whole thing about Mjolnir isn't magic. At's an advanced weapon that seemingly has some kind of unseen interface. Odin has admin status and simply blocked anyone from using it who didn't fit the parameters of what he though should use it.

None of it is magic in the supernatural sense. Asgard is 100% technology. There is no such thing as sorcery in the MCU.

SCHMIDT WAS RIGHT.
>>
>>84374025
Yeah.
Deference to Kirby.
>>
File: ragnarokconcept.jpg (73 KB, 1024x436) Image search: [Google]
ragnarokconcept.jpg
73 KB, 1024x436
Is OP a marketing intern?

Because the stupidity in this thread is making me really really want Ragnarok to come faster.
>>
>>84374607
>OP used comic Thor for pic
>>
>>84376346
You're one of those "Dr Strange is totally gonna use gadgets guiz" memers aren't you
>>
>>84376566
Op was an obvious troll, real conversation started from here
>>84373864
>>
>>84374545
Strange relies ob interdimensional magic. Thor is homegrown 616 magic. I'd say that gives Thor a stronger base.
>>
>>84376574
>u're one of those "Dr Strange is totally gonna use gadgets guiz" memers aren't you

I don't know about memes in relation to the subject. But I do believe that he won't use sorcery and will be acting on a deeper scientific understanding of quantum mechanics than what we know of and that plebeians might interpret as sorcery. There are rumors that he'll get assistance from an infinity stone as well.
>>
File: thor btfo.jpg (187 KB, 584x571) Image search: [Google]
thor btfo.jpg
187 KB, 584x571
>>84374545
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (43 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
43 KB, 600x449
>>84375171
That was about 20 years before Dr Strange became sorcerer supreme. He was still a trainee under the Ancient One.
>>
>>84376824
>But I do believe that he won't use sorcery and will be acting on a deeper scientific understanding of quantum mechanics than what we know of and that plebeians might interpret as sorcery
So just like the comics then.
>>
>>84377020
>So just like the comics then.

But if it's just like the comics than that would mean it was never actually magic or sorcery in the comics and that it was always science.
>>
>>84377059
There's a clear difference between something being rooted in tech, and something being rooted in science. You need to be clear with what you're talking about.
>>
>>84377083

But I never said that Strange was or would be operating via technology.
>>
>>84374653
The reason it's called guaranteed replies
>>
Why the fuck was my comment of
>Can we get back to the important discussion of Bara or Fuckboi. Actually, which would Strange be? He isn't a fuckboi, but is he bara?

deleted? It was about Dr Strange and Thor and Herc. Some mod is clearly scared of sexuality. Get a grip you fat virgin.
>>
>>84379555
trips of truth
>>
>>84379555
Or you can fuck off back to /lgbt/ or /cm/ or any number of other fag boards instead of trying to make one here. Faggot.
>>
>>84379601
I'm not even gay. I just find that speculation funny. Are you triggered?
>>
WHY ARE WE STILL IN THIS THREAD AFTER >>84374388 AND HIS SHITTY BAIT?
>>
>>84375164
Simple. The people in the OTHER movies in the franchise said it was.
What makes Thor 2 more important than Thor 1 and both Avengers movies?
>>
>>84380030
Well, Stan was a driving force in Marvel. You can't deny that.
>>
>>84374124
Wait your arguing about this when you haven't even seen all the film's thor is in
>>
>>84380107
Yes that comment is bait because it mentions Stan Lee, don't be a dumb shit.
>>
>>84374674
Anons a faggot but they were both in films weren't they
>>
>>84380205
No, we just got some douchebag in a metal armor. We've never actually gotten Victor Von Doom, Soverign of Latveria in a movie.
>>
>>84374963
>Except their "magic" explicitly looks like its rooted and based in technology
Because they weren't sure how the audience would react
>>
>>84380187
I'm sorry anon but I seem to be missing your point. Was it how silly it is to call anything mentioning Stan Lee as bait?
>>
>>84375164
Do you understand how a retcon works
>>
>>84380232
It's silly because Stan Lee has nothing to do with it being bait.
>>
>>84380262
I understand that what /co/ doesn't like, it considers not canon, despite the opposite being true.
>>
>>84380288
I'm completely lost now anon, please explain it to me as if I was stupid.
>>
>>84380343
The post is retarded because it disregards Jack Kirby's contributions which were equally important possibly more so than Stan's.
>>
>>84380364
OK, I hear you now. Still, it was a collaborative effort. Like it or not Stan was pivotal to Marvel.
>>
>>84376876
ghost rider you cheeky fucker
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.