[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Team of Anti-Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
Secret Six, Thunderbolts, or Suicide Squad? Who has the best runs?
>>
Thunderbolts had Busiek, Ellis and Parker as core writers, so they win in the matter of best runs for me. Besides Suicide Suad and Secret Six seemed it really worked with one or two specific writers (ex: Ostrander and Simone)

But on the other hand, I like all of them OP. Is really hard to pick the most favorite team since each one have lots of greats moments.
>>
File: TWISTING THE KNIFE.jpg (288 KB, 1400x1100) Image search: [Google]
TWISTING THE KNIFE.jpg
288 KB, 1400x1100
>>84336680
secret six with bane was extremely nice, I enjoyed thunderbolts until pic related (read it from the start till then).
never really read suicide squad
>>
>>84336680
The original Ostrander Suicide Squad is dope as hell and still holds up. Came out during that late 80's/early 90's era that I think of as "peak DC". Suicide Squad, Hawkworld, O'Neill/Cowan Question, Grell Green Arrow, Emerald Dawn, Morrison Animal Man, Ostrander Spectre, Chaykin Blackhawk, Byrne Man of Steel, the end of Moore's run on Swamp Thing, literally countless prestige format minis...

"Classic" Thunderbolts with Zemo is great stuff, can't go wrong with Busiek really. I personally prefer Ellis's run though, he wrote a fucking great Osborn.

Secret Six was good fun pretty much all the way through, starting with the Villains United mini. Great showcase for a lot of second-stringer villains that normally didn't get much development. Salvaged Catman from the fate of being a washed-up joke and turned him into a bad motherfucker. Ragdoll was hilarious disgusting and creepy simultaneously. For a "previously unknown secret daughter of a well-known powerful villain", Scandal Savage was a way better character than she had any right to be. Her relationship with Bane was great too. What happened to this Simone? Never read the New52 ongoing.
>>
>>84337223
>hat late 80's/early 90's era that I think of as "peak DC". Suicide Squad, Hawkworld, O'Neill/Cowan Question, Grell Green Arrow, Emerald Dawn, Morrison Animal Man, Ostrander Spectre, Chaykin Blackhawk, Byrne Man of Steel, the end of Moore's run on Swamp Thing, literally countless prestige format minis...

shit can't believe I forgot to add JLI to this list
>>
File: 1467327212333.jpg (18 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
1467327212333.jpg
18 KB, 326x272
>>84336680
I'm surprised Simone could write male characters well.
>>
File: 1467330731563.jpg (110 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1467330731563.jpg
110 KB, 900x600
The Authority.
>>
>>84337223
>What happened to this Simone

I know right? How does a writer suddenly become that bad?
>>
>>84337470
she used to be so good, what the fuck happened seriously
>>
>>84337791
>>84337726

when did she turn to shit?

last i read from her was some old birds of prey
>>
File: bd_bop_ha.jpg (380 KB, 487x742) Image search: [Google]
bd_bop_ha.jpg
380 KB, 487x742
>>84337843
52 Batgirl, 52 Bop

>hawk and dove
>ever
>>
It's so hard to choose, they're some of the best comics no one talks about. Or at least until the Suicide Squad movie comes out. Speaking of which, Suicide Squad 2 should be Secret Six.

I will say Suicide Squad with anyone besides Ostrander seems to just be garbage. Seeley's was really good until it got unceremoniously halted.

>>84337726
>>84337791
>>84337843
After the first few issues her New 52 Secret Six gets back up to her former quality.

Really only her Batgirl run was bad. And unfortunately sometimes just one bad run is all it takes to ruin your rep and make everyone poop on you for years.
>>
File: bane.jpg (84 KB, 554x840) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
84 KB, 554x840
>>84336680

Secret Six was just too good.

Every character was perfect, it was suicide squad with the family dinamic of Teen titans.
Also pic related. Fucking Bane was just best bane
>>
>>84336680
Fucking Secret Six are the best.
>>
>>84337937
>Really only her Batgirl run was bad. And unfortunately sometimes just one bad run is all it takes to ruin your rep and make everyone poop on you for years.

Green Team was pretty garbage as well, tbqhwyf*
*(to be quite honest with you family) --Ed.
>>
i just finished this /co/, where do i go from here?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.