[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death of X four-issue miniseries announced (Soule/Lemire/Kuder)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: death-of-x-1.jpg (654 KB, 612x929) Image search: [Google]
death-of-x-1.jpg
654 KB, 612x929
>Over the past few years, the mutants and Inhumans of the Marvel Universe have shared an interesting relationship. The X-Men were once Marvel’s flagship franchise, have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars. Meanwhile, the Inhumans, once a fascinating corner of the Marvel Universe, are now more populous and widespread than ever, thanks to Black Bolt’s Terrigen Bomb awakening latent Inhumans all over the globe. Now, the rival relationship between these two disparate, diverse Marvel groups has been literalized with the revelation that the Terrigen Mists don’t just give Inhumans powers — they’re also deadly to mutants. This October, Marvel will publish a four-issue miniseries, Death of X, that dives into this complicated relationship, and fills in some long-awaited questions about what happened in the eight months since the end of Secret Wars and Marvel’s “All-New, All-Different” reboot.

>“Right now things are not good for mutantkind,” says X-Men writer Jeff Lemire, who will co-write Death of X with Inhuman scribe Charles Soule. “On the flipside, Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe. There’s a lot of tension between these characters about that, and also within the fandom.”

>Any mutant/ Inhuman conflict is, by its nature, larger in scope than a scuffle between two different groups of Avengers. Both groups are large, diverse, and encompass villains as well as heroes. And this problem, too, is nearly impossible: the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ survival and deadly to the other. The stakes couldn’t be higher in this apparently zero-sum game. Though leaders like Medusa will obviously have big roles in how things unfold, don’t expect a uniform reaction from either side.
>>
>>84324545

>“For both sides of this, it doesn’t affect just a small group of them,” Soule says. “There are heroic Inhumans, but it also affects the bad guys and the psychotic ones just as much as it affects the nice love-and-happiness ones. It’s not just their livelihood and way of life but their very lives at stake, so they’re gonna react the way you think they would. Some people move to some kind of shared solution, but there’s a lot of superhero punching and blasting and stuff like that.”

>Most of Death of X takes place at the beginning of the post-Secret Wars eight-month gap, and as a result will answer some burning fan questions. Perhaps most notably: what happened to Cyclops? The controversial X-Men leader has been missing and presumed dead since the All-New All-Different launch. Death of X will finally fill in some of those blanks, in ways that will have major ramifications for the current-day storylines.

>“We’ll definitely see some characters who have been missing in action since the series launch,” Lemire says. “We’ll answer the question of where certain mutants have been, and what’s happened to them. Cyclops is the big one, he’s the one we’ve said was dead and that’s all we’ve really said. His death was very controversial, so obviously that’ll be a big part of the story we’re telling here.”

>To hear them tell it, Soule and Lemire are just as excited to reveal some of these long-burning mysteries as fans are to read them. But they’re still staying mum on important story details. For instance, what does the title Death of X mean? Does it refer to one specific death, or a more abstract “death” for the entire X-universe of mutants and X-Men? For that, you’ll just have to wait until October for the first two issues of Death of X (with the final two following in November).

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/07/marvels-death-x-mutants-inhuman
>>
>kuder left dc to draw mediocre x-men books
>lemire left dc to write mediocre x-men books
>soule left dc to write bad inhuman books
how do they do it, it's not like their pay is any better from what I've seen
>>
>>84324614
>Sorrentino left Green Arrow because of X-Men
Marvel is more well known, DC is where most creators lay down their best work. Marvel is where they get recognized. Moon Knight isn't even half as great as Lemire's earlier work yet this will be what people will recognize him for. I already feel sorry for Soule, his DC Stuff were all solid but what everyone will know him for is a mediocre follow up to Waid's DD run and Shithumans.
>>
>>84324545
>Kuder being wasted here
I fucking hate Marlel and Berganza. Fuck you.
>>
>>84324545
>Soule
>Lemire
Glad to have confirmation it's going to be shit.
>>
>>84324545
>Next step in evolution
>Are constantly on the brink of extinction
lol
>>
>>84324545
>the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ surviva
Wut?
>The inhumans still get children.
>Have alien tech.
>They need the mist to get super powers, but kill mutants in the process.
Shitty writting is still shitty writting.
>>
>>84324545
.The X-Men were once Marvel’s flagship franchise, have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars
>the Inhumans, once a fascinating corner of the Marvel Universe, are now more populous and widespread than ever, thanks to Black Bolt’s Terrigen Bomb awakening latent Inhumans all over the globe

I like we have to pretend this was natural. Interest just spiked up! Instead of the deliberate shafting of the X characters

The inhumans are interesting but from the titles I've seen its hard to give a shit about their major players nevermind the new ones. An absolute monarchy lording over people they purposely transformed seems pretty messed up
>>
>>84324545
>>84324549
>what happened to Cyclops?

About fucking time. Still, its hard to get excited about it when you know its going to be shit anyway. I'm not happy about Marvel throwing away 50 years of character history away to make room for a teenager with as little backstory as possible.
>>
>>84325087
I don't blame Tyke I blame marvel, kid has big shoes to fill.
>>
>Lemire writing more X-Men stories
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
well RIP Cyclops
>>
>>84324545
Go fuck yourself Marvel.
>>
File: 14079910._SY540_.jpg (38 KB, 327x540) Image search: [Google]
14079910._SY540_.jpg
38 KB, 327x540
So, we get to find out how X-23 (and Daken and Sabertooth) went from being powerless, dead and/or dying to her being the All-New Wolverine? Awesome. That's all that interests me.

Oh dear, they are going to 'explain' Logan/Sabertooth/Laura were Inhumans all along, aren't they? After all, they can get rid of the X-Men, or at least minimize their presence, but getting rid of Wolverine would be a terrible financial decision.
>>
>>84325356
Rumor has it that he is going to be reveled to be alive in this series. I really hope that is the case
>>
>We'll explore Marvel's Death of X-Men comics to push more Inhumans.
>>
>>84324862
>the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ survival
This... This is a dirty whore life. Inhumans could stop using it anytime they want. But let's face it, they're hell bent on genocide.
>>
>>84324982
good point.
It looks like more like an alien bodysnatcher invasion.
You get terrigenised
BAM
Now you are an inhuman and have to serve Medusa.
Thats more unbelievable than X-Men showing up on your door, rambling about save home and trainig your power.
Regarding mostly you have your mutant power sometime, are hated by people, while inhumans are discovered in a pod by inhumans and mostly most people dont want to kill you.
>>
>>84325087
We have to boost the fuck out of sales for this do they know they fucked up. All their sales have been shit but it'll slap them in the face if they see a huge spike in sakes for this followed by their same crappy sales once it's over.
>>
>>84326026
More they intend to kill a species of only for superhuman powers
>>
>>84325493
/thread
Just wait and see, we'll have Cyclops organizing rape-trains on Inhuman orphans.
>>
The inhumans didnt lose anything in cyclops war,hell they are praised while the mutants are in literal hell.

Whatever Cyke did it didnt affect the inhumans at all
>>
>>84326072
That sounds inhumane
>>
>>84324545
>Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe.
They're force feeding us Inhunans. Just like they're force feeding mutants the Terrigen Mist.
>>
Remember, Beast was right.
>>
File: Facts.png (227 KB, 820x480) Image search: [Google]
Facts.png
227 KB, 820x480
>>84326187
>>
>>84326119
good one. kek
>>
>>84326156
Dont know if they mean in universe.
At least not in popularity.
>>
File: Death of X Illyana.jpg (230 KB, 990x1503) Image search: [Google]
Death of X Illyana.jpg
230 KB, 990x1503
Lots of variant covers too.

I guess this is Belasco?
>>
>>84326304
They constitute this month's Marvel variant theme. They are not variant covers for the actual Death of X mini
>>
>>84325479

Would be great if they brought him back to life just for an Inhuman to kill him again for max Marvel pettiness.
>>
>>84325479
>end of Death of X
>its revealed that Cyke planned it all
>he faked his death to be right from the shadows
>he and Emma are underground boinking constantly
>>
>>84326388
>underground
>not Alaska
>>
>>84324614
Bleeding Cool (I know, but it's not rumors shit) actually did an article recently about the differences between Marvel and DC exclusive contracts. This mainly applies only to artists.

With DC, even though you have a contract with them, they don't always have enough work for you. If a script is late, and you can't draw the pages since they don't exist, you don't get paid.

Marvel guarantees X amount of pages to draw every year; it's up to them to find work for you if scripts are late or something. The downside to this is covers don't count towards that total. They still get paid for them, but they learn when they think the contract's done they actually owe a few more pages, so might as well sign another exclusive contract. Then they're locked in again.

And both give you the standard healthcare and dental and all that.
>>
>>84326373
Would be great if Cyclops isnt dead but underground plotting against inhumans.

But Marvel likes to turn their posterboy of property they dont own for cinema. See Mr Fantastic getting replaced by richards from ultimate universum.
>>
>>84326304

That's a little suggestive. That, or I've been reading too much Berserk recently. Probably both.
>>
>>84326420
>Would be great if Cyclops isnt dead but underground plotting against inhumans.
No, it wouldn't. We all know his team would lose.
>>
File: Amon was right.jpg (70 KB, 861x929) Image search: [Google]
Amon was right.jpg
70 KB, 861x929
>>84326221
Beast threads are poison to everything right and good in the world.
>>
>>84324545
Are inhumans mutants or what?
>>
>>84326388
I can find the power inside me to believe this. No one can break up Scott and Well Written Better Jean.
>>
>>84326441
>That's a little suggestive

Dude, Belasco has no interest in Illyana now that she's an adult.
>>
>>84326441

It's definitely a little weird given Marvel's recent shift in culture
>>
>>84326455
Maybe he's underground plotting against Marvel editorial.
>>
>>84326476
No they're faggots.
>>
>>84326476
Mutates, not mutants.
>>84326485
>Wade, I have crazy mission for you...
>>
>>84326304

Looks at the placement of the tentacle around her neck. Big. Blue. Floppy. Tentacle.
>>
>>84326455
Its the perfect time for them to bring back the OP character that is Jean. So when they're about to lose Scott can be like, "oh fuck, its my giant space raptor god wife"
>>
>>84326455
Sure,
but since Marvel likes to "reform" bad guys in the future Cyclops may end in a thunderbolts book.

And with his damages he has he is a little bit more interesting than his boyscout attire.
Even if this involved Marvel/fox shenigans and bad writing from Bendis.
>>
>>84326504
I thought mutates were in the Savage Land?
>>
>>84326519
Great, now I have to jack it to a demon sorceress and a Demon Hell King.
>>
>>84326539
they are special
>>
>>84326059
>Come with us Anon, you are an inhuman now
>Eh no...I have my entire life here
>You will be mistreated, humans will not understand
>Fuckers you purposely changed me. I'm not thanking you. Go away

At least if I was a mutie I'd see myself as a natural thing
>>
>>84326478
Didn't Belasco die, like in the 80s? I thought he was in the perma-dead boat like Uncle Ben.
>>
At least these gay ass mists could bring back powers to depowered mutants. *cough* Jubilee and Danny Moonstar *cough*
>>
>>84326608
They don't need their powers back. All they need is to be in a well written book.
>>
>>84326563
>At least if I was a mutie I'd see myself as a natural thing

This at least the xmen didnt turn you into a mutant.

You could have just stayed a human if not for those assholes.
>>
File: rednecklops.jpg (594 KB, 777x1200) Image search: [Google]
rednecklops.jpg
594 KB, 777x1200
>>84326526
Can we bring her back and have Cyclops: Best Family Ever ongoing?
>>84326539
>you get power by outside source
>mutate
Spider-Man, Hulk and Savage Land people are mutates.
>>
>>84326563
This so much.

And regarding the time before the whole no more mutans/hope thing, you mostly lived some months with your power and frightened humans till X-Men arrived.
And even now the people are more bigots towards mutants thaninhumns as far as i read.
>>
>>84324545
In other words, we refuse to ride good x-men comics...
>>
>>84326608
You want another Callisto situation?
>>
>>84326187
This was never in doubt

So was wolverine
>>
>>84326639
>Can we bring her back and have Cyclops: Best Family Ever ongoing?
Not Knowing that him and Emma are the best family. Cmon man.
>>
I love the fact that since the movie was cancelled the Inhumans are going to be quietly put back to their corner sooner rather that later.

Meanwhile we will still have X-books front and center for years to come
>>
>>84326304
Where is the outrage? This is literally rape! REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84326675
>84326675
lmao
>>
>>84324545
>Kuder
And another one bites the dust
>>
>>84326221
I hate beast. Such a piece of shit race traitor.
>>
>>84326639
>Cyclops: Best Family Ever ongoing?
How does that involve Jean?
>>
>>84326697
Yeah but its gonna take years. Although it really helps that Inhumans is selling like shit. On the bright side, we might get a lot of time for some good character development. Well only if we get lucky.
>>
>>84326579
He gets stabbed in New X-Men, but the guy always comes back.
>>
>>84326579
Time is weird in Limbo, you can be dead and alive at the same time. Belasco himself is the evil corrupted slave Nightcrawler who slew his master Belasco only to assume his form, forming a nice time loop.
>>
>>84326680
>implying I don't want all of Summers girls in one book with Cyclops having dinosaur adventures in Savage Land
>>
>>84326712
"lets fuck up the timeline forever and bring myself and my best friends forward in time for laughs, that will definitely show Scott for starting a black ops team. " Then he went and fought on Captain Americas Black Ops team.
>>
>>84324545
>wasting Kuder on this
I hate Marvel so fucking much.
>>
>>84326736
Ugh, Inferno confused me enough.... this is crazy. Damn it Magik, why do you have to be so well written yet convoluted.
>>
File: NEWMUTIES.jpg (363 KB, 908x587) Image search: [Google]
NEWMUTIES.jpg
363 KB, 908x587
So as long the Mutants are getting fucked for the next 5 or so years, maybe we can really focus on the neglected X-team. Please Marvel? just one 30 issue series. or 100 thats cool too.
>>
>>84326745
I would buy that every fucking week. Cable and Rachael can come too.
>>
>>84326752
It's more like..."Let's fuck up the space/time continuum and bring myself and my best friends forward in time for laughs. That will definitely show Scott for killing Xavier." Then he went and helped the Illuminati blow up planets.
>>
>>84326680
This anon has class.
>>
>>84326818
Oh sure, but Lemire's writing it, and 65% of the issues will be tie-ins.
>>
>>84324545
>Soule
boy, it's going to suck
>>
Inhumans don't need mists to survive.
>>
>>84324982
And the whole "We don't have direct movie rights to the mutants" thing that clearly has no bearing to them being put in a corner during all the big flagship events.
>>
File: 1450091840036.png (79 KB, 359x359) Image search: [Google]
1450091840036.png
79 KB, 359x359
>>84324545
>Marvel killing off X-Men and mutants to spite Fox
>using Inhumans to do it

just kill me my senpaitachi, I don't want to live on this planet anymore
>>
>>84324545
Once flagship, still a flagship, judging from the sales alone
>>
>>84326476
Inhumans are a Kree war project going back a few thousand years. Kree took some pre-mutants that showed genetic potential for being super-soldier combatants and experimented on them, using Terrigen Mists to finalize the process. The Inhumans rebel/are abandoned, are way farther along with a glimpse of future technology than the rest of the humans and make a splinter society on the moon. They continue a selective breeding program to try and maximize their powers in children without bad mutations, and they end up with a caste system(they have genetic dropout retards do slave labor, and this is a major plot point to some stories).
>>
>>84326480
Let's chase the inclusivity crowd is not taking a stand on moral grounds it's marketing.
>>
>>84326476
they are alien mutants. it's canon.
they use terrigent mists to unlock x-gene
>>
>>84326504
>Wade, I have crazy mission for you...
Wouldn't be enough without Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>84326519
>>84326544
Yep. It's not even taut; it's just laying there caressing her.
>>
>have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars
Can someone remind me how many there were x-men tie-ins for Secret Wars, not counting books like Siege, or Red Skull?
>>
>>84324545
didnt we have a leak some time ago about whats gonna happen?

>Both Cyclops and Inhumans discover about the mterrigen mysts, and want to keep it on the down low and work together to fix it
>Rogue wants to go public about it
>Cylops steps ahead and does the right thing it first so he takes all the blame instead
>Some mutants take it very bad and attack inhumans
>Storm X-men try to stop them, end up fighting scott
>Jean tries to shut his head down, but ends up finding the Void fragment in his head and gets rekt
>>
>>84327958
>using Terrigen Mists to finalize the process
Actually the Inhumans created the mist

>make a splinter society on the moon
Attilan started out on earth and stayed that way until the pollution thing.

>They continue a selective breeding program to try and maximize their powers
Not since the genetic council got disbanded

>they have genetic dropout retards do slave labor, and this is a major plot point to some stories
Nope, they created the Alphas themselves, they aren't Inhumans.

>>84328037
Nope, Terrigen flip flops between two things. Either being a thing that mutates all that it touches, and being something that mutates Inhumans specifically. Considering its effects on the X-gene nowadays, I can safely say it isn't unlocking that.
>>
>>84328176
yeah, wasn't that stuff Remender originally had planned?
>>
>>84327753
And Lemire who admits that he can't write team books

This is a trainwreck
>>
>>84328176
That was planet X, before Rick got kicked off.
>>
>>84328176

>void fragment

Ah, glad someone remembered like eight years later
>>
>>84328176
according to this leak we will get to see PIXIE slice the throats of Inhuman kids, but she was really mind controlled by Quentin Quire.
>>
File: SW 01 01.jpg (120 KB, 642x975) Image search: [Google]
SW 01 01.jpg
120 KB, 642x975
>>84328200
you are a casual, pic related
Inhumans are altered humans, who use Terrigen Mists to unlock x-gene.
>>
>>84328161
>Age of Apocalypse
>House of M
>E Is for Extinction
>Giant Size Little Marvel: AvX
>Inferno
>Old Man Logan
>X-Men 92
>Xtinction Agenda
>Years of Future Past
What waste of ink.
>>
>>84328276
you forgot
>Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars
>Mrs Deadpool & The Howling Commandos
>Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde

anyway, the point is, X-Men had the majority of tie-ins during Secret Wars, and again, not counting x-books in disguise, like Red Skull, or Siege
>>
>>84328256
>written by the guy that didn't know Ahura existed
The mutant genes spoken off are the ones the Kree implemented not, the magical mugga stuff. That story shows what happens when mutants get close to the mist and it quite different than Inhumans. Not to mention we have the current "anything with a X-gene even an inactive one gets fucked over" canon. Sorry m8.
>>
>>84328276
many of them were good. the only awful was was Years of the future past.
>>
>>84328352
Kree didn't implement anything, casual, they twisted human DNA, and tried to make humans Eternals. Also, The Mist also used to be deadly to normal humans, even distilled. So yeah, come back, when you get older
>>
>>84324545
>There’s a lot of tension between these characters about that, and also within the fandom

Ah yes, the Inhumans fandom, all twelve of those people gave up the second Inhumans became movie rights friendly X-Men and got pushed for Summerslam.
>>
>>84328352
The recaps are written by editors, not the writers. Indeed, you are a filthy normie.
>>
>>84328317
Right, forgot those three.
>editorial demands Quill on that fancy ship
>does nothing
>has godawful mini with AoA Pryde
>>84328382
To each their own, I guess. I remember disliking most of them, except Red Skull, Siege and X-tinction Agenda.
>>
>>84328451
The funny thing is that Avengers didn't have a single tie-in with a legacy / classic Avengers story. Instead most of them were shared with another franchise, like X-Men, GOTG, Spider-Man, etc.
>>
>>84328389
>Kree didn't implement anything, casual, they twisted human DNA,
It was those alterations that I am talking about anon. They successfully altered their DNA but it should no results, until Randac created terrigen which reacted to the changes.

>The Mist also used to be deadly to normal humans, even distilled.
And the mist was always deadly to mutants, they warned Quicksilver about when he wanted to have Luna gassed. So if that is the case it would be that Inhumans are not mutants.
>>
>>84328520
make up your mind, because it's hard to tell what you want to tell.

Luna was a baseline HUMAN, because it was canon, that Inhumans and Mutants together nullified each other genetically.

The origin of Terrigen Mists is not clear. It's not specifically shown whether Randac created, or discovered them.
>>
>>84328487
Well, most of their tie-ins were character-related. Sure, they didn't get Avengers Disassembled 2, but they got Future Imperfect and Armor Wars. And story that is Avengers-centric, Korvac Saga, was given to Abnett for his Guardians.
>>
>>84328595
Future Imperfect was X-Factor / Incredible Hulk,
I don't remember avengers there, but I remember Ruby Summers.

Armor Wars was Iron Man's story, so it doesn't count as Avengers

Abd yeah, Korvac Saga was basically Gotg / Avengers.

They could have do Avengers Forever, some classic story with Kang, but they didn't, because it seems like Avengers are a tough seller on their own.
>>
>>84328520
Sure are the inhumans mutants.
There x-gene is just altered this much, it needs an accelerator.
Use it on a normally mutated x-gene from evolution, it will boost it.
Like cancer the x-gene now kills the mutant.
>>
File: EISFOREXTINCTION.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
EISFOREXTINCTION.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>84328451

Siege was the best book of the event, even better than the main event, but I think Carol Danvers stole Abigail Brand definitely.

E is for Extinction was great, except for the ending.
>>
>>84328635
Ruby was the only character from X-Factor so I wouldn't really call it an X-Factor book anymore than I'd call it a FF book just because Ross was the ThING, or a Thor book because the Destroyer was in it.
>>
>>84328635
Kang was in Siege, of all places.
But you know what I meant, they got no Avengers books, but Iron Man, Thor, Hank Pym? They all got something tied to them.
>>84328707
Age of Apocalypse had dumb ending, as well.
No More Mutants with redhead flavor.
AoA Carol is hawt as fuck, though. So is AoA Husk.
>>
>>84328739
Obviously it was Incredible Hulk story with characters introduced in X-Factor (Ruby being prominent, and the rebels being more of a background characters). The thing is, Ross is a Hulk character, even if he changed into a FF character. But first and foremost, it was a Hulk story, and definitely not an Avengers story.
>>
>>84328767
>But you know what I meant, they got no Avengers books, but Iron Man, Thor, Hank Pym?
This. So much this. One could think that during 50 years of Avengers there were some notable storylines enough for a tie-in? I mean, not even a Proctor saga.
>>
Why is Marvel such a pussy and just keeps dragging the end of the X-Men?If they want to get rid of them to get the rights back, they just should shut down everything.
>>
>>84328922
Their sales went into gutter with Rebirth. I don't think they can afford losing X-Men
>>
>>84328922
That's not how it works, senpai.
>>
>>84328922
It stills making money.
X-Men sells kinda enables the whole inhuman line and experiments like hellcat or starbrand.
If they defunct it, they wont be able to publish them anymore
>>
>>84328991
The thing is, starbrand, hellcat and inhumans are flops, so it's like, wasting money with no return
>>
>>84328922
lmao
Yeah no they aren't getting rid of some of their best selling books.
Same reason why they have half a dozen Deadpool books.
>>
>>84329006
Yes, but Marvel thought it could be a hit and try to get new series to get more readers.
Its normal in the industry to get money and invest it in new projects.
Sure its wasting, regarding Marvel should know it with all the data they have and how they choose the book-team.
>>
>>84324545
So Disney doesn't own the film rights, so xmen have to go?

They'll soon come for Dr. Doom and I'm going to be so pissed off.
>>
>>84328213
>who admits that he can't write team books
Where?
>>
>>84328584
>Luna was a baseline HUMAN, because it was canon, that Inhumans and Mutants together nullified each other genetically.
She was when she was first introduced. They just dropped it down the line with no explanation.

>The origin of Terrigen Mists is not clear. It's not specifically shown whether Randac created, or discovered them.
Also true, until Soule. Triton says he made it himself. Randac also says later there is no Terrigen outside of lab, so unless he found it under his desk it must have been produced there.

>>84328697
This is actually probable, somewhere around the 80s it became canon that the Inhumans were created because Kree wanted to recreate the Eternal experiments of the celestials. They chose earth and humans for that reason.
>>
>>84329171
>Also true, until Soule.
ah, here you got me, I don't read the recent series.
I only read the classic stuff.
>>
>>84329171
The origins of Mutants / Eternals / Inhumans
are told in What If Vol 1 #23-30 if someone is curiosu
>>
>>84329252
also, I forgot to add, it's very ambiguous what Celestials did to humans, one of the theories is that they gave them protection against radiation, which is why Spider-Man has spider-powers instead of rectal cancer
>>
>>84329153
Every time he gets a new team book he basically says in interviews "yeah I know I sucked the last time but I PROMISE to do better this time"
>>
>>84329284
I remember that in one of x-positions, when asked about his JLA, he sort of admits that he has problems with writing the team books
>>
>>84329277
So Spidey a Inhuman now?
>>
>>84329364
no, what I mean is that the every human has an x-gene, it's just that some humans have it dormant, other active. The x-gene saved Parker from having cancer, and granted him powers, just like with Hulk, or CA.
>>
>>84329364
Marvel sort of switched the terms.
In our world, Spider-Man would be called a mutant, and X-Men would be called metahumans.

In marvel, Spider-Man is a mutate, and X-Men are mutants
>>
>>84324862
I don't understand how mutants are being killed by the Mists when Pietro actually got a boost from it.

We will never see Luna again and now that ANI is cancelled, Crystal will once again fade away
>>
>>84329684
Pietro and Wanda apparently were never actually mutants.

And it was depowered mutants who'd lost their X-genes who got powers from the mists
>>
>>84324545
"Your Terrigan Mists are killing people."
"Yeah, but we want our kids to have super powers, so you guys are going to have to take one for the team."

In what possible universe to the Inhumans have a moralistic leg to stand on?
>>
>>84329684
Quicksilver isn't a mutant now anon. plus isn't implied/stated M-pox only hits mutants with an active X-gene?

>spoiler
Crystal conveniently left the mission and returned to Attilan just in time for Civil war. Luna probably won't show up anytime soon..
>>
>>84326752
>>84327083
Yeah, but Steve is a human. Humans are just plain smarter than us stupid muties.
>>
>>84329825
Morals aside none of this really makes sense.
>killing Inhumans isn't going to save mutants and if anything would make them more unwilling to help

>The inhumans don't need terrigen to survive the nuhumans themselves are proof that the genetics will endure without there is also karnak who got powers without it

>the inhumans can make more terrigen, it takes a long time but the cloud isn't there only option

>there are several inhuman cities that still have terrigen, they just introduced another one in All new Inhumans

>The Attilan Inhumans have already stated they don't want to use the cloud because it is sacrilege and since they are the only Inhumans that actively want to change it makes no sense for them to want to keep the cloud
>>
>>84330070
Back in Byrne / Simonson / Claremont / Starlin / Englehart days, Inhumans would sacrifice themselves to save mutants, and mutants would do everything to protect Inhumans.

Look where are we now, where heroes hate each other guts, and wish each other death.
>>
So how many years until the Inhumans stop getting their inorganic AF push and go back to their niche little corner
>>
>>84330141
I have a gut feel like Civil War II is a closure to them. Stuff like mosaic was planned long before CW II, and given that both movie is dropped, AoS will not referenced in MCU, and there is a possibility for Fox / Marvel co-operation (at least with TV shows), it already happened.
>>
>>84330139
Yeah, it is just an excuse for them to fight.
>>
>>84324545
>The X-Men were once Marvel’s flagship franchise
Just like the Fantastic Four was Marvel's beloved family.
Until Perlmutter was Butthurt that Fox had the movie rights.
>>
>>84328922
X-Men still somehow sells (even though it had declines during Bendis). It's the reason they could cancel Fantastic Four, they could make the excuse that it was low sales and hope everyone doesn't notice that FF's sales were as low as Inhumans and Silver Surfer... two titles which had the same sales level as FF.
>>
My biggest problem is that Inhumans don't feel unique. They just feel like low-rent mutants. I think they should've really doubled down on the Inhumans being a separate species, less on "random people get superpowers"
>>
>>84328176
I doubt Lemire even knows what he's gonna write at this point. The whole x-line seems very editorially driven atm.
>>
>>84330400
he comes off in interviews as clinically depressed.
I wouldn't be surprised if he started cutting himself
>>
>>84330394
But then how will idiots self-insert?
>>
>>84328451
Siege was great though
>>
File: x-men_1.jpg (328 KB, 1228x500) Image search: [Google]
x-men_1.jpg
328 KB, 1228x500
>>84324545
All these pushes and Marvel STILL can't get the Inhumans over.

This X Embargo is pointless, Fox has 19 years of Claremont to draw from alone. That well ain't gonna go dry anytime soon and the super hero movie bubble will burst long before then anyway most likely.

Hampering X comics and shutting down toys, shows, and videogames is just cutting off their nose to spite the face.
>>
>>84330394
There isn't a lot difference between Inhumans and mutants, but between their role in their stories, to how they interact with other characters in the MU there is a lot of difference between the royal family and the x-men. The Inhuman stories were generally about running the kingdom and not the race itself, Marvel is trying to make it about the race now and it comes off as mutant lite.
>>
>>84331109
the only x-men story adapted by Fox was DOFP, and even then it was a different story
>>
>>84324545
>Kuder being wasted
fuck off marvel
>>
>interested in what Kuder has post-Superbro

>it's this nonsense

lmao kill me
>>
>Hvae Reed Richards, Henry Pym or any other smartie design and build a special chamber that can contain Terrigen Mist, loaded with security systems
>Get Storm, use her mutant powers to lead the cloud into the chamber
>Gice control of the chamber to Medusa
>Mutants no longer have to die
>Inhumans can still turn

Sure, you'll miss the random Inhumans unrelated to the kingdom but I think that's a pretty simple, fair solution
>>
>>84331239
It's not that it's not possible to do it in Marvel Universe, it's that writers/editors/whoever won't let that happen.
>>
>>84324545
>have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars
Where were the Avengers and inhumans when sentenials attack mutants hmmmm? Or every other major X disaster hmmmmm?
>>
>>84331331
WHERE WERE MUTANTS WHEN KANG TOOK OVER AMERICA, HUH??????
>>
>>84331331
In the Inhumans defense they tried to avoid being detected by humans for as long as possible. I'm pretty sure they even cited the treatment of mutants as one of the reasons.
>>
>>84331375
who, funnily enough, used Sentinels to conquer USA
>>
>>84331434
Hey, if they can depopulate whole countries, why build something else, eh?
>>
Civil War II isn't even half way done and we already know about the next event.

We know about the aftermath of Civil War II itself.

What is even the point anymore?
>>
>>84331463
the point is, why X-men didn't attack Kang, especially when he used mutant-killing machines?
>>
>>84331499
It's just an X-men miniseries set in the past

It's not an event so much as shitting on X-Fags
>>
>>84331508
YEAH, WHY DIDN'T THEY ATTACK KANG?????
Busiek didn't want to add them, plain and simple.
>>
>>84331617
And Morrison didn't want the Avengers to help with Genosha
>>
>>84331617
Fucking Busiek
>>
>>84331617
>>84331648
what makes it really awkward, because when in Spider-Man or FF there was a world-shattering villain, the Avengers always appeared even if only as a cameo. But never in X-Men
>>
>>84331191

They loosely adapted God Loves, Man Kills, and two of the Wolverine movies are also loose adaptions. The Miller series and the upcomming Old Man Logan.

Otherwise they've drawn some things here and there but comic companies are kind of vain about this shit.

The movie companies will pull, but they don't need you to write for them. They just need the characters. And Generic New Mutant 65 is not who they want or really care about. They already have the marketable cast. You're pretty much only harming yourself by worrying about this shit.

Marvel is only shooting themselves in the foot by blocking and tanking what was once their most popular series.
>>
>>84324545
Is the Terrigen mist cloud like an actual cloud of mist? Couldn't Storm or someone blow it way or suck it up into a container of some sort?
>>
>>84331706
The word loosely is important because they took some basic idea and completely changed it. I'm not sure if we will have old man logan, considering that the next Wolverine movie will be called Weapon X
>>
>>84331685
I mean was it that awkward? "Sorry guys, the Master of the World was blowing up Canada."

"Yeah sorry about DC, Brood infestation before we even heard what went down. Is everybody okay?"

Like its a busy setting is my point.
>>
>>84331742

Storm recently said that she doesn't want to blow it into space because it would mean the death of the entire Inhuman species.

I shit you not it happened in the Civil War miniseries. Bunn wrote it and it fucking triggered /co/ hard in the storytime.
>>
>>84331766
She's not Cyclops, after all.
>>
>>84331777
>777
The right has spoken
>>
>>84331648
Exactly. It all boils down to writers/editors wanting to use other characters.
But how would we have autistic shitstorms then?
>>
>>84331747

Exactly. It's kind of why they don't need Marvel.

Marvel could say "No more X-Men comics!" and Fox would still be able to pull from the past, and make original ideas.

It's petty, and a bit egotistical to think you matter past the basic IPs is my point really. The thing that will kill X-Men is no appearances in outside media and that shoots Marvel in the foot because the X-Men are kind of a huge money making franchise for them and Fox only gets money if it's based on the movies. Movies that will be made, and will make money, regardless of what Marvel does.
>>
>>84331852
Yup. And yet, there are people who don't get it.
>>
>>84326068
The only real justice is that it seems like Uncanny is about even with/barely outselling Extraordinary. Uncanny's not perfect but it's leagues better than the shit show that is Extraordinary.
>>
>>84331766
They should have had the cloud be gotten rid of during the time skip and just M-pox being a result of it and being passed around from mutant to mutant, killing/sterilizing them. They could still have nuhumans all over the planet and not have the ridiculous shit of the cloud flying around killing people with nobody lifting and finger, it just makes the X-men look stupid and the inhumans look evil because the cloud isn't needed for their survival. If X vs I has to happen they could fight over the resulting M-pox or if BB needed to be punished more severely than exile. I hope this is just a writing mix up and there is a better reason for the cloud since survival or being sacred to them directly conflicts with things established in the Inhumans comics.
>>
>>84332015

Also Storm is probably not the only mutant that could get ride of the damn thing.

Magneto and a fire-based Mutant could probably create an airtight done around the thing with the greatest of ease.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 468x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 468x854
>the time displaced X-Men are still around

Years from now, this whole All-New X-Men debacle will be remembered as something needlessly convoluted and better off ignored, on the level of Teen Tony Stark, Heroes Reborn, Sins Past, etc.

It's a perfect example of everything wrong with "comic book!" writing. Just another lazy, transparent ploy to reboot/revamp and attract (non-existent) new readers.

Sucks that current Marvel editorial seems hellbent on shitting all over Cyclops, my favorite mugga.

Oh well. Maybe eventually a fan of the character will reach a position of prominence in the company and Cyke will be restored like Hal Jordan was by Geoff Johns.

I don't think it's debatable that the X-Men line is currently the worst it's been in at least the past 20 years
>>
>>84328176
>Jean tries to shut his head down, but ends up finding the Void fragment in his head and gets rekt
NOICE
>>
>>84324545
I still don't believe the Inhumans will ever be popular.

If they got the movie, maybe - I said maybe because movie popularity often has little effect on comics popularity (see Iron Man). But they're not getting the movie any time soon.

Meanwhile we have a popular franchise (X-Men) being tied down to an unpopular franchise (Inhumans) in a mutually assured destruction pact.

The Inhumans are what the Marvel Universe would be like if Kirby created it all himself. Fascinating, freakish, popular with people who like weird and wild stuff, but never a big hit. All Marvel's doing is trying to strip the Inhumans of the stuff that makes them interesting, to bring them popularity that they probably can't have.
>>
>>84332451

The thing that makes the Inhumans interesting is the whole royal family angle. What Kirby/Lee original envisioned them as. Marvel has this tendency to take something that's a fanhit and then run it into the ground without understanding why it was a hit.

Deadpool was popular, they throw him everywhere and Way ruins it by focusing on the worst aspects of Deadpool.

Squirrel Girl is loved, they don't grasp that it's because she's a fun joke character and Bendis tries to serious her up and Marvel attempts to make her a real viable thing.

Inhumans are liked, Marvel makes them X-Men lite and ignores the reason people liked them in the first place entirely and now no one likes them and the franchise is totally unsalvagable unless they reboot.

Ms. Marvel is a hit because of the fun writing, they assume it's just the race and legacy thing and keep giving shit writers the same basic concept for them to muck up.

There's an even longer history of this kind of shit going back decades too.
>>
>>84326712
It's really a shame. The decade of redemption for Cyclops as a character, that same time period is nothing but the assassination of Beast by turning him into a whiny bitch. It's not really one writer either, this has been going on since Endangered Species.
>>
>>84326818
>Claremont New Mutants
>the rejected X-Men Team
Every GenX member that's not M says "hi". You can't even hear the Academy X kids. And who the fuck are Generation Hope again?
>>
>>84332823
Jubilee and Chamber are in X-Men 92 at least
>>
>>84332451
>>84332642
Not to mention the X-men got popular at a time when comics where far more popular during the 80s and 90s. There is pretty much zero chance for any franchise Inhuman or otherwise to over take them in this day and age. It's not even a quality issue it just won't work given the current situation.
>>
>>84326818

>A marvel title reaching issue 30

And they call me delusional.
>>
why does Uncanny X Men not have the real numbering which would be 6 hundred something? I dont think relaunches matter for a book with so much history
>>
>>84325476
WE
>>
>>84333305
They aren't DC's comic.
>>
>>84333399
The only DC books that use the original numbering are AC/DC.
>>
>>84333628
And those are the only books that matter to DC.
Just like how Uncanny X-Men used to be to Marvel.
>>
>>84333731
>And those are the only books that matter to DC
Batman is the flagship Batman book, not Detective Comics.

Superman is the flagship Superman book, not Action Comics.
>>
>>84332642
>There's an even longer history of this kind of shit going back decades too.
Yes, 90`s with Cable and X-Force making all Xtreme.
>>
File: 1460041862123.jpg (236 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1460041862123.jpg
236 KB, 560x560
>>84328707
>How can a human child compete?
>>
>>84333884

Superman has been cancelled before.

Action and Detective has been running for over 70 years.
>>
>>84333952

Cable himself qualifies. That non-stop spam of future characters started with him didn't it?

Punisher's popularity lead to a similar anti-hero spam.
>>
>>84331499
You could blame that on it being planned in two months, but the same thing happened to Secret Wars
>>
>>84333389
WUZ
>>
>>84334078
X-MEN
>>
File: niggas.jpg (124 KB, 453x432) Image search: [Google]
niggas.jpg
124 KB, 453x432
>>84334078
>>
>>84334016
Yes, Cable was this future guy stacked weapons which started this 90`s Xtreme characters.

Good point.
Punisher started this brutal vigilante theme. Right
>>
>>84333970
>Action and Detective has been running for over 70 years.
And yet neither are the flagship books for either franchise.
>>
So.............. is anyone gonna storytime the X-men Civil war that came out yesterday?
>>
>>84334898
It was storytimed yesterday
>>
File: cyclops.jpg (290 KB, 1910x566) Image search: [Google]
cyclops.jpg
290 KB, 1910x566
>what happened to Cyclops?
Gee, I don't remember.
>>
>>84332246
Well isn't the time displaced x-men just Bendis ripping off teen tony anyhow?
>Oh hey let's bring these young versions of characters to stop 'evil' present version of a character!
>>
So who is gonna kill Cyclops?
>>
>>84335936
Jean.
>>
>>84335872
We don't talk about The Crossing.
>>
>>84336076
But Yellowjacket died there. She seemed cool in the comics with her I read with the typical "steal costume" plot and hanging out with Occupy Avengers Mansion version of the Masters of evil and being surprised by super bullshit and then later called to superheroics because didn't remove the communicator in the suit.
>>
File: cyclops-megaopticblast.gif (206 KB, 298x180) Image search: [Google]
cyclops-megaopticblast.gif
206 KB, 298x180
FUCK HANK MCCOY THE RACE TRAITOR

FUCK BLACK BOLT AND HIS GENOCIDE GAS

FUCK CAPTAIN AMERICA THE HYDRA HYPOCRITE

FUCK ALL INCARNATIONS OF JEAN GREY ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE

FUCK YOUNG CYCLOPS. IF HE HATES THE REAL DEAL SO MUCH HE SHOULD PICK ANOTHER FUCKING CODENAME

FUCK CHRIS SIMS AND ALL THE IMMATURE RETARDS IN THE X-OFFICE WHO THINK WOLVERINE IS THE COOLEST EVER BECAUSE HE FIGHTS NINJAS AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING

FUCK EDITORIAL, NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY THEY CAN'T MAKE SCOTT WRONG. SO THEY HAVE TO RESORT TO SHOVING HIM OFFPANEL

B E H O L D
E
H
O
L
D

~real mugga hours have begun~
>>
>>84330501

X-writers are like abused girlfriends, they don't want to leave, but they don't want to stay.
>>
>>84336233
X-fans are that way too.
>>
I don't read Marvel, but I always thought the Inhumans were like the New Gods, if that's the case, why are there so many Inhumans in space
>>
>>84336326
Oh, I was thinking of the Eternals.
>>
one thing I appreciated upon rewatching the 90's cartoon was how Cyke almost never had any corny one-liners during fights. He just blasted fools left and right. Kinda makes sense why stupid kids would think Logan the edgy rebel was cooler.
>>
Fuck this. The inhuman's don't die out because they aren't exposed to Terragen mist, they just have to be regular people, which 90% of the time they were cool with from the start. Fuck them.

Meanwhile,
>Mutants don't have a choice over when they mutate, sometime resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths
>Mutants get shit on by humans just for existing.
>mutants have almost be wiped out twice.
>Mutants were an "natural" mutation in the human species.
>Terragen Mist either will horribly fuck up, kill, or at the very least sterilize them
>even the Avengers don't give a shit about mutant affairs and just want to control them

Please cry to me Marvel about how being an Inhuman is suffering?
>>
>It's another Marvel event with heroes fighting heroes
Oh for joy.
>>
>>84336709
at this point the X-Men and Inhumans aren't even heroes, just superpowered assholes fighting for self-preservation
>>
If we learned something from Earth X is that Inhumans are assholes across realities
>>
File: x gonna save ya.jpg (263 KB, 750x1139) Image search: [Google]
x gonna save ya.jpg
263 KB, 750x1139
i'm really worried about emma frost in the bottom left with Beast.

Don't weep for Scott, he died for our sins.
>>
Scott should be Phoenix powered when this starts, everything was said to have reverted back to right before the last incursion.
>>
>>84336873
She's going to betray him, she will think he has done too far and put him down.
>>
>>84336405
Eye guess he forgot to blow them away.
>>
>>84336188
Y'know how she never gets referenced outside of that one-off time in Chaos War? You wanna know why?

Because we don't talk about The Crossing.
>>
File: 762.jpg (218 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
762.jpg
218 KB, 784x904
>>84324545
What if in a twist out of nowhere the Mutants destroy the Terrigen Mist and the Inhumans are no more?
>>
>>84336822
If we learned something from Earth-X, it's that this was destined to happen eventually. All roads lead to ripping off Earth-X.
>>
>>84337175
That would cause continuity problems
>>
>>84337175
Impossible because this took place like 8 months ago in-universe. This is just showing how Scott died, what the "horrible thing" he did was, and where all the major mutants that haven't shown up anywhere are (probably dead).
>>
>>84337056
I would like an special issue where some character goes aroung the MarvelU speaking out to characters like Emma Frost or Captain America and their respective big hipocrisies
>>
>>84335936
It's not going to be Black Bolt, that is too obvious and BB already has ten thousand reasons for people to hate him. I think the likely routes are, beast to put an end to their pissing contest or Karnak because he is the third most pushed Inhuman behind Medusa and Kamala.

Bonus answer: it is all a conspiracy and cyke was framed and everybody is being mind controlled, which is why most of the psychics are gone except jean who based on her talk with old Logan wasn't there at all.
>>
>>84337210
>>84337216
Shit my bad, though it was gonna be a flashback and then shit happens in the current timeline. Oh well.
>>
File: 1463825451894.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1463825451894.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>84337210
>implying Bendis cares about continuity
>>
>>84324545
i know marvel is pushing inhumans hard but this is blatantly forcing them into people´s interests, it hasn´t worked in the last few years and i doubt it´ll happen now
>>
File: background.jpg (103 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
103 KB, 633x537
JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>84335936
Jean, and then it will be revealed that she was villain all along.
>>
>>84337320
being Scott Summers is suffering
>>
>>84337320
>we hippie and shit
>>
>>84337320
where is that from?
>>
>>84337320
Marble with the subtlety of a porn scene
>>
>>84326304
Sym will save her.
>>
>>84337320
Did you guys know that the Terrigen Mists which create Inhumans are also deadly to mutants? This means mutants are in decline and on the brink of extinction, while the Inhumans are soaring to joyous new heights!

Here's a handy illustration with all the subtlety of a brick to the balls
>>
>>84326818
Where's Doug?
>>
all i hear is X-men rebirth in 2017
>>
>>84337320
Slim lives while all around him die. SLIM LIVES.

>Black bolt left out again
>terrigen turns a guy into brother voodoo

This could have worked if terrigen actually kept Inhumans alive. Like in alt universe where the pollution thing still effected Inhumans and the only cure was covering the planet in terrigen. We could have gotten this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWo_FOKHgVE
>>
>>84337320
it bugs me how human they look like. The point of the Inhumans is that they look, well, inhuman. I can give a pass to the Royal Family for being the ruling caste and being technically the most advanced and powerful of all and maybe two or three random inhumans, but fuck, they aren't even hiding that they want inhumans to be Mutants 2.0
>>
>>84334679
So? Flagship or not, those two titles have the weight of comics history on their shoulders. When you see AC approaching 1000 there's a lot of legacy behind it. Xmen used to be that with marvel.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.