[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the New 52 was his attempt to nerf the DC Universe? >break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: watchmen.jpg (105 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
watchmen.jpg
105 KB, 800x600
So, the New 52 was his attempt to nerf the DC Universe?

>break up longtime romances
>erase friendships
>wipe legacies
>erase Superman (only for him to be replaced by someone who is and isn't Superman?)

Why not just erase superheroes altogether ?
>>
>b8 thread
>guarenteed replies
new 52 is still bad tho
>>
My theory is that he wanted to see how superheroes would function in a darker world and if they could still exist, still be inspirational, still be -- y'know -- HEROES.

Doc's universe had no actual superheroes until he suddenly got powers. It's a closer analogue to our universe than to superhero universes. In that sense, I can't imagine he'd have any interest in attempting to "weaken" the DCU or DC multiverse in general -- they're meaningless to him. But as a science experiment, or as a thought experiment, playing around with the variables makes a lot of sense. And the effect of modernizing the heroes while also making the universe a bit colder/lonelier (the same effect that Doc himself had on his own universe) is something worth studying among idealistic characters.
>>
>>84144307
This isn't bait you fucking dingus

This was almost verbatim his plan from Rebirth
>>
I think it might be an attempt to rebirth his own universe with kinder heroes who could succeed where his world's heroes failed.
>>
>>84144273
i honestly think that Doc had good intention but he had no idea at how to make them work, this would explain the early years of the new 52 rather well
>>
He probably didn't try to erase Superman. Basically Manhattan was fucking around and before he finished Brainiac pulled out Clark and Lois.

Now this is purely speculation but what likely happened is that Manhattan (or the universe itself might have made this correction) had to recover and use someone else for Clark and Lois. Most logical theory is that he merely used the other Clark and Lois that were in Earth-0 at the time (the ones from pre-Crisis Earth Two that died in Infinite Crisis; last seen during Blackest Night).
>>
>>84144607
THAT'S WHY DARLING
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.