[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superhero TV Thrives After Warner Bros. Loosens Film’s Grip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: Missing Hal.png (474 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Missing Hal.png
474 KB, 500x750
Source: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-cw-warner-bros-dc-the-flash-arrow-1201646970/

>Soon after Kevin Tsujihara took over as Warner Bros. chairman-CEO, he made the decision to break with protocol from the previous regime — a change that would have a profound effect on the studio. At an early strategy session, senior execs recall him issuing a new edict: DC Entertainment is open for business across the lot.

>Tsujihara made it clear that the vast archive of comic-book characters in the DC vault would no longer be under the tight control of Warner Bros.’ film division. WB’s television and interactive units would have new flexibility to develop projects derived from the properties, even if they were concurrently being eyed for movie projects.

>“If there are any issues or sensitivities, we hash it out in the room,” says Nelson, president of DC Entertainment. “It no longer feels like a hierarchical situation where film will trump television.” Nelson is one of Tsujihara’s closest lieutenants, and she also serves as president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products and president and chief creative officer of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “It’s a basic example of communication,” she adds. “You have to have the CEO of the company actively involved to make it work effectively.”

THE AGE OF EMBARGO IS OVER.
>>
File: Berlanti Blessing.jpg (110 KB, 780x1034) Image search: [Google]
Berlanti Blessing.jpg
110 KB, 780x1034
>>77691313

>The company-wide inclusiveness regarding DC reflects a broader shift in operations under Tsujihara, WB veterans say. Communication and collaboration among key divisions are not just encouraged, they’re mandated for senior management. Studio insiders say Tsujihara has stressed that the silo mentality of the past won’t do. The same tear-down-this-wall ethos has been applied to Warner Bros. and its Time Warner sibling units, HBO and Turner Broadcasting, as Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes has frequently emphasized to Wall Street.

>“It’s a high priority for us,” Tsujihara says of cross-Time Warner collaboration efforts. “We are all facing different challenges, creating a real urgency for us to work together. … I think the cultures of each of the businesses are changing, and the culture of Time Warner is changing.”

>After “The Flash” premiered last fall to CW’s highest ratings in more than five years, Berlanti got a call at his WB office asking him to stop in to see Tsujihara in the executive office building. “That was the first time that ever happened to me,” Berlanti says. The producer made sure he brought along a few prototypes of “The Flash”-derived action figures that Consumer Products was about to unleash.

>“He was excited about the character and Grant,” Berlanti says. And that enthusiasm has not waned. “You can tell that he really loves the show. He always talks to us about watching it with his kids. You get a sense that he’s really invested,” he says.

>At Warner Bros. these days, success is all about sharing.
>>
If that was the truth, they wouldn't kill characters from the shows that are about to appear on the films.
>>
File: Deadshot_Michael_Rowe-7.jpg (193 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
Deadshot_Michael_Rowe-7.jpg
193 KB, 534x800
>>77691313
>IS
One problem.
>Tsujihara moved into his job in March 2013
Technically it has been over.
When did pic related take his nap again?
Well after March of 2013.
>>
>>77691313
>THE AGE OF EMBARGO IS OVER.
Are you really that fucking gullible?
Whatever, the CW is trash anyway.
>>
>>77691313
Does this mean we might see batman on tv again?
>>
>>77691490

No.
>>
>>77691448
Deadshot was shot in the head with an arrow and laid motionless on the ground. An off-screen explosion with no body is hardly confirmation of death.
>>
>>77691313
I'll believe it when I see it, they've been ass backwards for decades, I don't see them fixing that so quickly.
>>
>>77691523
http://comicbook.com/2015/04/01/deadshot-is-officially-off-the-table-for-arrow/
>First, thanks for the kind words. I agree with you, our casting people — in Los Angeles and Vancouver — are the best.
Unfortunately, Deadshot is off the table for the nonce.

>-Marc Guggenheim
>>
>>77691444
This just happened, you fucking retard.
The article was posted today.
>>
>>77691594

Kevin Tsujihara has been chairman for a long time and nothing changed since then embargo wise. See >>77691448.
>>
>>77691594
>Soon after Kevin Tsujihara took over as Warner Bros. chairman-CEO, he made the decision to break with protocol from the previous regime — a change that would have a profound effect on the studio. At an early strategy session, senior execs recall him issuing a new edict: DC Entertainment is open for business across the lot.

>Tsujihara made it clear that the vast archive of comic-book characters in the DC vault would no longer be under the tight control of Warner Bros.’ film division. WB’s television and interactive units would have new flexibility to develop projects derived from the properties, even if they were concurrently being eyed for movie projects.

>Tsujihara moved into his job in March 2013, a few months after Richard Plepler was elevated to chairman-CEO at HBO.

It's a publicity piece you dingus. Not an announcement of anything new moving forward. Everything discussed, if happening has been happening for two years at this point. Read the fucking article. OP didn't post all of it.
>>
This better mean I get some Hal in my Flarrow
>>
>>77691712
You already did, pham.
>>
>>77691352
going to need a based Kevin T poster soon
>>
>>77691731
I need MORE
>>
>>77691749
HD of this would be pretty great.
>>
So basically this guy had the power to end embargos but still sat by and allowed them to happen? Why make a thread about this?
>>
>>77691712
>>77691749
>>77691869

You guys do know that the character embargo is still up, right?
>>
File: asa.jpg (511 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
asa.jpg
511 KB, 500x700
In a way, it feels like a direct response to all the fan support of Jessica Jones this weekend, even though it's obviously been in the works for longer. But the typical normie response is going to be "DC is finally waking up and wanting a pie of the TV pie Marvel has been mining gold from for a while now!"

Have a gay Spiderboy for your efforts OP
>>
>>77691916
Yes anon. I'm one of the folks telling OP to cool his jets. Anon says he wants a poster though, so I'll try to find a poster worthy image of KT. Thats all.
>>
>>77691922
>In a way, it feels like a direct response to all the fan support of Jessica Jones this weekend,
I don't know if it is in response to JJ, but if anything it comes off like a
>H-hey guys. Don't forget about us.
Disney is literally throwing Star Wars onto everything, and as soon as TFA hype dies down you know they're going to ramp up their Civil War marketing. All DC has right not though are months old trailers for their movies, and their TV shows, so a PR article covering something "new" that they're doing is seemingly all they can kick out into the public right now. I saw another where Affleck was really stressed about BvS doing well. The image I get from Marvel is that they're running a mile a minute whether that be related to SW, Pixar, Marvel, or anything related to their traditional products, not breaking a sweat as they do so, while WB is just trying to get their jog into a run, bracing for Disney to lap them again.
>>
>After “The Flash” premiered last fall to CW’s highest ratings in more than five years, Berlanti got a call at his WB office asking him to stop in to see Tsujihara in the executive office building. “That was the first time that ever happened to me,” Berlanti says. The producer made sure he brought along a few prototypes of “The Flash”-derived action figures that Consumer Products was about to unleash.

>“He was excited about the character and Grant,” Berlanti says. And that enthusiasm has not waned. “You can tell that he really loves the show. He always talks to us about watching it with his kids. You get a sense that he’s really invested,” he says.

THANK YOU BASED BERLANTI
>>
File: 1445564923046.jpg (46 KB, 618x749) Image search: [Google]
1445564923046.jpg
46 KB, 618x749
>>77691848
Am I helping?
>>
>>77692089
>The image I get from Marvel is that they're running a mile a minute whether that be related to SW, Pixar, Marvel, or anything related to their traditional products, not breaking a sweat as they do so, while WB is just trying to get their jog into a run, bracing for Disney to lap them again.
Excellent analogy. DC really lucked out with Arrow & Flash desu senpai
>>
>>77692446
For the record, I meant to say was
>The image I get from Disney
I could have sworn I thought that while typing.
>>
>>77692281
Y-yes.
>>
>>77692446
>DC really lucked out with Arrow & Flash
Also, I think they lucked out allowing Berlanti to produce them. On one level the CW existing is wonderful because we've been able to recieve Arrow and the Flash, but I also mourn its existence, because as long as it continues existing, I doubt that we'd ever get Berlanti to be allowed to kick out a show on Netflix. Especially considering
>Perhaps the biggest impact of the DC properties has been on the CW. “The Flash” and “Arrow” have become the backbone of a network that had been flagging and rudderless.
I mean, I know Berlanti doesn't have the best track record with GL, but if you gave him a 13 episode Netflix series to do GL, he'd have more time than a movie, with less of a plot commitment of a series. That might be just what he'd need. But as much as I'd like to make the statement that Disney did Netflix even though it has ABC with AoS, I don't see WB making the same decision because they know what the CW is without Berlanti's capes. On top of that, them trying not to oversaturate the market might lead to them delaying things just so they can dump a new show in after one has run its course.
>>
File: crisis movie when.jpg (244 KB, 688x960) Image search: [Google]
crisis movie when.jpg
244 KB, 688x960
So, is it happening or what?
>>
>>77692781
No, Christopher Reeve is dead.
>>
>>77692089
Nice company war, bro.
>>
>>77692781
>CWverse teams up with DCEU against the Anti-Monitor
>CW Barry makes the ultimate sacrifice to stop the Antimatter cannon
Oh God, the newspaper in Flash was right.
>>
>>77692136
Does this mean Grant and Ezra can coexist?
>>
>>77692969
Only if you see it that way. I assure you that was not my intent. I didn't get into the quality of the products of either company, and really just tried to comment of the confidence of both companies. I'm of the opinion that /co/ is most benefited by a strong Disney, as well as a strong WB. Disney seems to have much more certainty with its corporate direction while WB seems to still be making its mind. Was there anything I said there, >>77692706 or here that was flagrantly baity or seemingly intended to start something, because let me assure you again that that was not my intent.
>>
>>77693136
Nice copypastas, bro.
>>
>>77693172
They aren't, but if you don't want to have a serious discussion, why should I try to?
>>
HYPE TRAIN FULL SPEED AHEAD
>>
>>77693215
>shilling
>serious discussion
>>
>>77693230
I rest my case.
>>
File: Corporate shill gets a reward.png (362 KB, 642x480) Image search: [Google]
Corporate shill gets a reward.png
362 KB, 642x480
>>77693249
You did your best.
>>
>>77693041

It could've been this way from the beginning. If WB wants Disney/Marvel money so much, they should've realized that most of the money comes from the brainwashed casuals who thinks the movies are something way bigger and cool because that "lulz it's all connected" bullshit, even though that "connection" ends up being just a mention of some hero or event in another movie, but the buyers are happy with that crap.

If WB/DC wants to have something unique to not be considered a Marvel copypaste, they should have a shared multiverse instead a single universe. And with the recent Flash episodes the door is already opened for it.
>>
>>77691523
So the resulting explosion and gunpowder turned him black and his mutant healing gave him his eye back, right?
>>
File: 1249651487730.jpg (50 KB, 326x420) Image search: [Google]
1249651487730.jpg
50 KB, 326x420
>>77693348
>>
>>77693039
I want this to happen so much. COIE is also one of the most iconic stories in DC history, so, while it takes a lot of set up, it could be a great finale to a movie series.
>>
File: three gabe moon 1342082887902.jpg (146 KB, 638x780) Image search: [Google]
three gabe moon 1342082887902.jpg
146 KB, 638x780
>>77691448
These things take time.
>>
>>77691313
Wasn't Tsujihara the person at DC who was reportedly responsible for the Bat-embargo in the first place?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.