[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Almost 15 years later, it's still the most reliable,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: cd.png (19 KB, 575x242) Image search: [Google]
cd.png
19 KB, 575x242
>Almost 15 years later, it's still the most reliable, straightforward and universally compatible reader on windows
>Only its open source clone gives it a run for its money by basically being the same, plus some better resizing functions for big dpi scans.

Is there really nothing betting /co/?
>>
what is the open source clone?
>>
>>84234276
I used Honeyview and liked it over CDisplay and CDisplayEX. That said, it's not as straightforward as 'just open the fucking file' as CDisplay is I suppose.

On Mac there's Simple Comic, Sequential, and FFView. Simple Comic has thumbnail support, but the scrolling is kinda laggy. FFView has pretty good scrolling, but hasn't been updated in ages and doesn't jive well with the built-in Mac full screen. Sequential is pretty good. Scrolling is smooth and it just works. I kinda fiddle around with the three, haven't decided which to use. Simple Comic is recommended because of the thumbnail support. There's also DrawnStrips and YACReader, but I don't like them.

MComix is what I used on Linux, although there was a PDF reader that had a plugin for CBR nad CBZ with a CLI that I never got to use. I forgot the name.
>>
Sumatra pdf works well for cbr and cbz files.
>>
>>84234575
CDisplayEX, maybe?
>>
>>84234707
>CDisplayEX
that shit gave me some awful browser new tab bullshit, and it was just plain worse than CDisplay anyways.
>>
I just use Sumatra on Windows and Okular/Evince on Linux.

>needing a separate program for this
>not just using your handy-dandy trustworthy reliable PDF-reader
>>
>>84234761
Well that's because you didn't choose custom installation like you should always do.
>>
>>84234781
cdisplay is a lot comfier and has built in color correction (which isnt as needed now that most digital comics are professionally made editions i guess)
>>
>>84234276
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Something along those lines, anyway. CDisplay is the simplest tool you can imagine for doing what it does. There's no bloat, there's no crap, you just open the fucking file and it works exactly how you'd expect it to.
>>
It also makes you install spam onto your computer if you reinstall it now.
>>
>>84234682

my african american!!!
>>
>>84234663
HoneyView is a RAM sponge.
>>
>>84234781

see >>84234980
>>
I use comicrack
It's slow and fucking huge but i mostly use it for library management and wireless syncing to my tablet
>>
File: 136072486052.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
136072486052.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>cdisisplay
>not using MMCE

TOP KEK.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.