[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anything remotely interesting happened in Stand Still, Stay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: maincrew.jpg (89 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
maincrew.jpg
89 KB, 500x266
Has anything remotely interesting happened in Stand Still, Stay Silend in last 6 months?
>>
Looks like it's been at a standstill.
>>
>>84076255
>anything remotely interesting
The SJW types lost their tiny little minds over this:

http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=549

Like, she shut down the comments and changed part of it (he said "ching-aling" some similar rather than 'kung-fu"). The fact that it was clearly making fun of the white characters for not having any idea what they were talking about ( remember this is close to 100 years after a viral apocalypse and none of them have ever even been to the mainland before). Didn't matter: "RACISM!"

This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>84076255
>anything remotely interesting
If you mean "action" then you could start here and there's a bit of daring do (and a flame thrower):
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=489

But if you're looking for capekino this is clearly the wrong webcomic for you.
>>
>>84077124
My interesting I mean something like them making some big discovery or one of the characters biting the dust.
>>
>>84077386
But thats not really interesting per-say, thats just drama theres been lots of interesting stuff happening in terms of building up the world and crew so the moments you described can come up later
For example, theres been lots of subtle character development/crew bonding, a few troll fight scenes, setting up for weird spiritual shit with the ghosts, showing us how mages work a little more

Now are these earth shattering developments? No but i dont see how they arent interesting in any way.
Unfortunately for us, there might be some major editing around some potentially interesting stuff because of this >>84077016
Minna has stated its now just going to be easier for her if she removes/doesnt touch on other cultures so the chance of the crew meeting outsiders, at least of a different ethnicity or language like a lot of people wanted to see happen, is even slimmer than before.
>>
>>84077386
>making some big discovery or one of the characters biting the dust.
Nope.

They had a run-in with a few monsters; got away; and are being followed by 'ghosts' unbeknownst to them. There was a bit about magic: the gods are apparently real and one character explained to another that he *couldn't* teach him a spell because it wouldn't work for him ... he'd need to petition his *own* gods. We already sorta knew that from the one guy being able to just pop in and out of another's dreamspace, though.
>>
File: mandarin.png (1 MB, 950x653) Image search: [Google]
mandarin.png
1 MB, 950x653
>>84077016
Actually, she changed it for the worse, and also for the better.
>Kung Fu
That is top kek tier.
>>
File: Sigrun portrait by Minna.jpg (109 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
Sigrun portrait by Minna.jpg
109 KB, 600x860
>>
>>84077016
This pandering to SJW's and poking fun at white characters makes me cringe. Do I want to even read this comic, /co/?

I had it on my reading list for a long time, but....
>>
>>84080003
No one is pandering to anyone, she just realized the word she chose might not have been the best (it is a mild slur after all). She also mentioned how people these days are too sensitive and should grow some balls.

Also, please get rip of the rip. Name is fine, but that is overdoing it.
>>
File: GET TRIGGERED.png (22 KB, 80x78) Image search: [Google]
GET TRIGGERED.png
22 KB, 80x78
>Hey everyone, thanks so much for the enormously kind and uplifting messages that you guys have sent over the weekend. There were sooo many, and I want to let you know that I appreciated them all, even if I couldn't possibly reply to them individually. As one might have suspected the aggressive outraged "meanies" were in comparison just a very tiny but very vocal minority in this case. After so much encouraging feedback from people all over the world with different perspectives on things, including folks with various Chinese backgrounds, I feel secure in the decision to let these three pages stay as they currently are (sorry those of you who were hoping I'd replace the scene with your country's language, but I'm sure the gang will run into other strange items to be confused about in the future. ;3).
>>
i just caught up with the story, i like the slice of life aproach to it, is more about the experience of exploring the old world than anything else and i apreciate that.

also im stoked to see what they make of christianity considering they seem to have their own gods and yet they seem to be tolerant of the existence of other people's gods
>>
>>84082491
>i like the slice of life aproach to it, is more about the experience of exploring the old world than anything else and i apreciate that
Weird. 99% of people here would prefer horror and action, and would throw slice of life in the garbage. You are in the minority.
>>
>>84082588
thing is horror and action are a dime a dozen, i like when a story takes its time to show you the every day tiny details that flesh out the whole thing, it is much more inmersive. i can feel like i am there with them at every step.
also it feels a lot more human to watch them at their down time when they are doing nothing, i can connect with them a lot more.
>>
>>84083016
Well, as I said, you are in a minority. In future SSSS threads expect lots of posters saying how it is just slow shit.

Having said that, it's great that you like it, and...... continue reading and liking it.
>>
>>84081484
Well that is going to become pretty interesting.
I mean the idea of religion in this is pretty open, seeing as both finnish and nordic gods seem to exist parallel and not even in a weird 'we all pray to the sam god(s) just under different names' kinda way.
>>
Why's it that Nordic artists seem to feel like they should be able to say racist things because "I'm not anglophone so not saying ignorant things about other cultures isn't part of my culture, SOR-RY"

Not to say I don't like the comic, or that the joke would have bugged me. But still, she's not the first I've seen to say stuff like that.
>>
>>84078373
I think kung fu is funnier
>>
>>84086324
Well, like I said, it's worse but better. Worse because "fuck censorship", but better because Kung Fu is funnier.

Now I want to know if anyone in the known world knows any martial arts from Asia.
>>
>>84086239
Mind giving some examples?
Ive never personally seen one say they should be /actively/ able to say those things, rather their point is usually that in their society those things arent necessarily tied to racism so there might be slight culture clash and mistranslations
And to some the culture clash is part of the experience, so some authors might want to preserve that in their work more than others
>>
>>84086239
Examples of other nordic artists, please.
>>
>>84086239
It's because the characters in this are literally ignorant of all the other cultures. Keep in mind the entire world to them is dead outside of their little area, and has been for nearly a century. Other cultures, which probably do not even exist any more, are obviously going to be extremely low priority in education

It's one thing to be ignorant in a developed country in this day and age. You have a wealth of information at a moments notice. It's another thing to be ignorant in the post-apocalypse.

The issue here is that the people complaining don't seem to realize that characters are not always the author. Not every damned comic needs to be a mouthpiece or soapbox
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.