[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rumored JUSTICE LEAGUE Synopsis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: Trinity.jpg (43 KB, 655x425) Image search: [Google]
Trinity.jpg
43 KB, 655x425
>The world's greatest heroes are assembled to form the Justice League, to combat a threat beyond each individual's capabilities: Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=127260
>>
>>77684178
let me guess knowing these What A Twist Casting decisions to make internet buzz!
he looked at an image of darkseid and said I got it We'll get that game of thrones midget!
>>
I can make anything I fucking want up and post it to a shit website and call it a RUMOR.

>Batman and Superman stop the movie mid movie and punch their way through time in a move that shocks the audience.
>Stealing the Time Traveling Phone Booth from Bill and Ted Bats and Supes give a WYLD STALLYNS guitar riff before tearing off through time
>Land and fight the 50's versions of themselves on screen for twenty minutes before CGI younger versions of Adam West and Burt Ward point to the sky in horror
>The Starship Enterprise drops out of orbit being ridden by Jason X with twin lightsabers
>Modern Supes turns to camera
>"Well, that's just SUPER."
>Credits
>>
>>77684249
Salty dunes.
>>
>>77684178

>Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.
>tfw Transformers already did that
>tfw Smallville already did it

never read a comic with darkseid in it. is that some regular masterplan of his? I don't remember his reasoning in smallville but shit, this is man of steel all over again
>>
>Justice League 1 = Darkseid
>Justice League 2 = Anti-Monitor
>Justice League Dark = Braniac
Simple.
>>
>>77684328

It's pretty similar to an old JSA/JLA crossover where they fought Darkseid, iirc.
>>
>>77684349
>Justice League 2 = Legion of Doom/Injustice League

Fixed.
>>
>>77684178
the only proper way to ever use darkseid is to really make his objectives a lot more simple
like Darkseid went on vacation and wanted a nice view of the sun but earth was in the way so he went down to blow it up for no reason other than it being in the spot he wanted to be at right at that moment
cause he should honestly not care about such a puny planet or have any grudges with any of the superheroes there he's bigger than that
>>
>>77684359
So you would leave out CoIE completely?
>>
>>77684366

Frankly, yes. CoIE is cool and all, but wouldn't really translate that well into a movie without being streamlined and compressed too much.
>>
>>77684328

>this is man of steel all over again

that's the reason why OP's story is bullshit. they won't use the same threat all over again

>>77684349

>Justice League 1 = Darkseid
>Justice League 2 = Anti-Monitor
>Justice League Dark = A.M.A.Z.O.

fixed that for ya
>>
>>77684249
I trust Zack Snyder to adapt this moment as best as he can from the comics.
>>
>>77684366

I don't think Warnerbros. wants to make a movie of that scale. hell, who the fuck wants to spend a billion dollars just to get all of the characters together for a movie like that?
>>
Cool uh... so nothing new has been learned here.
>>
>>77684349
In another, perfect world...
JL 1: Starro
JL 2: the Brain and Monsieur Mallah
JL Dark: Anton Arcane. Or Blackbriar Thorn. Or, you know, any fucking occult villain because that's what this team is meant to be about, putting aside the fact that JL Dark is a stupid idea
>>
How can any of you want a first movie with darkseid?

Fuck you all, fuck Johns.
>>
>>77684511
Because I'm dying soon and I really don't care about the people that will live to see these movies after the first Justice league
>>
>>77684532
From what?
>>
>>77684600
from the cancer on this board
>>
>>77684629
I thought I was the only one.
>>
to me it kind of sucks that Luthor can't be the villain of JL1 because he's incapacitated by the end of BvS. I also don't want Darkseid to be their first villain, and Braniac is just Zod again. But the only other villains that could beat JL are
>Black Adam (could work by having Billy show up at the end of JL1 and beat his ass, with a lead in to a bigger threat for JL2, but he probably won't be used until the Shazam movie)
>Starro (never liked the idea of mind control, bullshit plot gimmick)
>Sivana/Mr Mind (shazam villains again)
>Vandal Savage (used in Legends of Tommorow)
>Injustice Society (won't work without Luthor leading them)
like, who else is there? Earth-3? An actual original villain?
>>
File: jlaowaw.jpg (80 KB, 352x547) Image search: [Google]
jlaowaw.jpg
80 KB, 352x547
>>77684178
So....?
>>
>>77684852
>T. O. Morrow and Ivo and any given robot villain created be either or both of them like Chemo, Amazo and so on
>Brotherhood of Evil or just Brain and Mallah alone
>Anton Arcane if he won't be used in JLD
>Destro but that's too close to generic alien invaders imo

The problem is that a lot of villains with enough in-universe potential - both these I've mentioned and most of your list - have very little recognition among the biggest target groups other than comic fans, due to rarely showing up in prior adaptations, little to no merchandise, and so on. Still, I'd like DC to take risks rather than just rely on Brainiac and dumbed down Darkseid over and over again. I really hope it's going to be Sivana, Morrow or Brain depicted as "Lex but even better/more ruthless".
>>
Darkseid's got the same evil plan Megatron had in Transformers 3.
>>
>>77684852
Ultra Humanite

Despero

Kanjar Ro

Shaggy Man
>>
>>77684966
Destro is from GI Joe
>>
>>77684993
Wait, that's not how that red alien was named? Shit, shouldn't be posting after night shift I guess
>>
>>77685007
You thought of Despero.
>>
Starting with Darkseid is a huge mistake. He needs buildup and the casual viewer will think he is ripping off Marvels Thanos.
>>
File: 3849390-1926737873-30343.jpg (161 KB, 584x543) Image search: [Google]
3849390-1926737873-30343.jpg
161 KB, 584x543
>>77685035
No if they do it first
>>
>>77684986
If we're going full silver age then also...

>Per Degaton
>Doctor Destiny (they could use the Morrison version if it has to be serious, weak old man in a wheelchair using mental/dream projections)
>>
>>77685059
Metron?

Maybe bring in some New Gods, get Orion, Mister Miracle, Barda, etc.
>>
>>77685079
Glorious Godfrey and either Kalibak or Mantis as backup. They can always go back to Darkseid later if they'll feel like it.

I'd love to see Scott and Barda, especially if the Birds of Prey rumor is true, but isn't the cast getting slightly bloated? I don't mind having more than just the core 7 but we'd be approaching a dozen members with them.
>>
>>77685100
Well it's not like all these guys will show up in one movie, you can build up with the New Gods and have it lead to Darkseid.
>>
>>77684178
>It's worth noting of course that this synopsis appears to be based on Will Beall's scrapped Justice League screenplay
>>
>>77685100
If anything, Darkseid's main Elite
>>
>>77684390
>AMAZO after Anti-Monitor
>AMAZO as a big bad
????????????
>>
my ideal dceu would be
>Jl 1: black Adam, with billy showing up at the end to beat him and hal turning up from ow to tell them that brainiac is on his way
>Jl 2: Braniac teams up with the injustice society, basically the Justice storyline without the dream shit
>Jack kirby's fourth world: introduce new gods
>jl3: apokolips invades earth, JL wins but at the end of the movie Darkseid shows up and boom tubes out of there, with the exception of aquaman, cyborg and flash
jl4: forever evil, except with the genesis new gods helping out Luthor along with the three remaining JL members in the fight against Darkseid
Jl5: by this time Cavill and Affleck will be old enough to do kingdom come, so that
Jl6: flashpoint to reboot the dceu with a younger cast
>>
>>77685236
>except with the genesis new gods helping out Luthor along with the three remaining JL members in the fight against Darkseid

you fucked it
>>
>>77684178
>Darkseid

nope
>>
>>77684390
>they won't use the same threat all over again

They would, they just won't use Darkseid, ever.

>>77684404
Bingo.

>>77684366
Even if you only used archive footage from older productions, you'd still be firstly paying a huge amount in residuals to the actors and their estates (where they'd died, and oh boy, you really don't need the whole dancing with vacuum cleaners thing going on in the courts while you're trying to make and market a movie), and you'd secondly be making a very confusing, niche movie that holds the audience hostage for three or more hours of how clever it thinks it is instead of telling a story. Which would be par for the course with WB the last few cape movies, but still.

There's no way of doing it cheaply enough to make it worthwhile, and no way of compressing it sufficiently to fit into a real movie. You could split it into parts, but then the problem is that if the conceit - all these old shows and movies are now one homogenous thing - upsets the audience in big enough chunks not only will the second and subsequent movies fail, you've fucked basically your entire back catalogue, which is a big deal because that's where a significant part of your annual income comes from.

They won't, ever.
>>
>>77685058
Thanos already had several full body shots, spoken lines...
>>
>>77684194
If they cast Ironside as the voice I would die happy.
>>
>>77685563
Andcpeoole asked if that was Darkseid. Thanos was the unknown, people know who Darkseid is because of StAS and JLU. Theyll be fine, we dont need 2000 mivies of him just smirking as an after credit scene.
>>
>>77684178
It should always start with Intergang first which leads to the bigger reveal that another entity was backing them, something with power and technology not of this earth.
>>
>>77685236
>JL6
It's like 2050?
>>
>>77685692
It'll be a miracle if WB gets Wonder Woman to the big screen, desu.
>>
>>77685706
It's already filming
>>
>>77684366
>Avengers: Loki
>Avengers 2: Secret Wars

Do you see how stupid that sounds?
>>
>>77685802
Comparing Loki to darkseid is like comparing a pea to the sun

Bvs: Braniac lex
New gods: Darkseid/old gods
Justice league: Darkseid
Wonder woman: New gods/greek gods
Jl2: Anti life/starro
Green lantern: Anti monitor
Jl3: Anti monitor/reboot
>>
>>77685598
>peoole asked if that was Darkseid.

No, they really didn't. Next you'll be telling us they really thought Hellboy had a crossover.
>>
Okay, let's entertain the small likelihood that anyone at WB has even heard of Jack Kirby, and has heard of/ read New Gods. Then, they would know better than to use Darkseid in the first JL film.
Even from a marketing perspective, it wouldn't be a good idea to use Darkseid so close to Infinity War, given the similarities to Thanos.
>>
>Justice League: Brainiac
>Justice League 2: Legion of Doom/Injustice Gang/Secret Society
>Justice League 3: Darkseid
>>
File: 1407334020804.png (4 MB, 1919x871) Image search: [Google]
1407334020804.png
4 MB, 1919x871
>>77684178
>Darkseid planning the destruction of Earth by blasting it with a ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.
Jesus Christ. This is the plot of Earth 2 before Worlds End where Apokolips just came and ate Earth instead.
>>
>>77687743
Yeah fuck this. They would be better off swapping Darkseid for his yellow counterpart Mongul and the War World.
>>
>>77685577
>If they cast Ironside as the voice
Nigger they could cast Ironside as Darkseid, period at this point. He might just need to work off some weight because he looked a little too spherical in Flash for Darkseid IMO, but if Hamill and Fischer can do it, so can he.
>>
>Believing this

They didn't reveal the BvS synopsis til after the first trailer was released and this hasn't even started filming. Not to mention they already a said they aren't doing Darkseid til JL2.
>>
>>77686214
Literally a ton of people didn't know who the fuck Thanos was. Besides, if JL decides to just throw in Darkseid with no overhyped build up, I'm all for it. I'm fucking tired of almost everyone Amevel movie tease Thanos so much with nothing; the build up and execution is bound to be underwhelming. With Darkseid, what you see is what you get and you don't have to wait a dozen films for the guy to do SOMETHING. Fuck Thanos.
>>
>>77689982
*Marvel. Jesus Christ, I'm tired.
>>
Yeah it's been rumored/known forever, BvS ends with a Green Lantern crashing to Earth and warning them
>>
>>77684986
>Destro
GUN GOD, MEET YOUR AVATAR
>>
>>77689008
Bt they did release a spec synopsis for casting purposes.

And no, "they" didn't.
>>
>>77684178
Why not Starro?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.