[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zemo vs Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 2584x812) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 2584x812
Tell something, /co/. What did Marvel Studios do right over Fox when it comes to villains?

I mean, Zemo was awesome and all the critics loved him in Marvel's Captain America Civil War.

But all the Critics hated Apocalypse (from X-Men Apocalypse).

Why is that?

What did Zemo do right that critics loved him? What did Apocalypse do so wrong that Rotten Tomato critics hated him?
>>
Apocalypse accomplished way more than Zemo

Namely because Apocalypse is basically a mutant god
>>
>>84009082
Zemo was subtle.

Which is really rare for a comicbook villain and a breath of fresh air.
Apocalypse is just another loud idiot with a boring motivation.
>>
File: 8OZIahw.gif (498 KB, 330x238) Image search: [Google]
8OZIahw.gif
498 KB, 330x238
>>84009082

Zemo is the best villain capeshit has had in a long time.

Zemo doesn't have a master plan, he calls audibles the whole way through and is looking for evidence he knows will tear the avengers apart.

Zemo's first plan (interrogating the Hydra agent) didn't work. The Hydra agent told him nothing and took the "1991" information to the grave. So Zemo's next plan is to get the international intelligence community to find Bucky, because Zemo does not have the resources to find him himself, How does he do this? By framing Bucky in a terrorist incident, aimed at the Accords, knowing their full resources will be used to find Bucky. Why does he need Bucky? To tell him about the details of the "1991" mission, to have Bucky tell him where the tape is showing the assassination of the Stark's, where the facility is that created him. That's why he needs the book with the activation words for Bucky that he got from the Hydra agents home, because Bucky is not going to tell him, if he even remembers, but a controlled Winter Soldier will.

That interrogation scene with Bucky is the only plan of Zemo that works out the way he wanted.

Steve, Stark, and Bucky showing up at the end was not part of his plan, but since he has them there and the tape of Stark's parents death, it's as good a place as any to use it.

-Every piece of dialog supports this, Zemo knows he can't physically hurt the Avengers himself "Stronger men have tried and failed".

tbc
>>
File: nQXPBJR.gif (1 MB, 340x173) Image search: [Google]
nQXPBJR.gif
1 MB, 340x173
>>84009082
>>84009251

tbc

Zemo finds the Hydra Agent in the first place because of Black Widow leaking all of Shields files on the net in CAP 2. Zemo says the files were heavily encrypted but because of his skills he has cracked the encryption and has spent the last year studying them to find a way to bring down the Avengers. We know from Iron Man 2 and Avengers 1 Hydra/Shield kept full psyche evaluations on these people, The Winter Soldiers main plot was about Hydra using a psyche evaluation algorithm to predict future threats. So there is no leap in logic about what Zemo would have in those files to study. He knows Stark, when seeing the death of his parents (proof), would do everything he could to kill Bucky, he knew Steve would do everything to keep that from happening, and that the two heads of the Avengers would tear each other apart over it somehow, someway.

And this isn't even going into his motivation. Basically a metaphor of all of the Avengers gallivanting over the years coming back to haunt them, those 3rd act battles biting them in the ass. If it wasn't for Zemo murdering innocents (which he didn't want to do, literally telling the Hydra agent to give him the 1991 mission report so he wont have too) he would be the good guy.

Amazing well written villain. Hell if anything he's the best BOND villain we have had in the last 30-40 years.

Now compare that t the bland, one note power rangers villain Apocalypse.
>>
>>84009251
I really liked the Red Herring they dangled in front of the audience in the form of whatever tech Stark Sr. was carrying with him. For the whole first half of the movie, I thought Zemo was after the Super Soldier Capri Sun packs, but it turned out to be the complete opposite. The reveal was awesome.

Movie Zemo is the caliber of villain we've been waiting for.
>>
I think it's more that apocalypse focused more on religion and God through out the movie where marvel didn't. Same reason why I feel BvS wasn't received well
>>
>>84009317

M U H P Y R A M I D S
>>
>>84009284
>Hell if anything he's the best BOND villain we have had in the last 30-40 years.
The last 2 Cap movies have been written like political thrillers / spy movies, nearly beat for beat. It was a smart move to lure in the casuals, but it benefits hardcore fans as well to see beloved characters layered over an existing dramatic framework.
>>
Zemo was more subtle and didn't have the usual "I want to destroy the world for reasons" bullshit.

Apocalypse was Ronan-tier. Hammy purple alien that's supposed to be threatening but at the end of the day is just annoying and forgettable. MCU usually has dogshit villains, but they did well in Civil War with Zemo.
>>
>This amount of samefagging in one shitty thread.

Zemo was an incredibly weak villain, Apocalypse was way, way better. Redford's character in TWS was also way, way better.
>>
>>84009517
>Zemo was an incredibly weak villain, Apocalypse was way, way better.
Cool arguments.
>>
>>84009082

Its because Disney paid critics to praise Civil War and shit on everything else.
>>
File: Avengers.jpg (142 KB, 693x1024) Image search: [Google]
Avengers.jpg
142 KB, 693x1024
I dunno what I was but I vastly enjoyed X-Men: Apocalypse more so that Civil War.

I feel like both movies suffered from similar issues. They overstuffed the movies. The characterisation of many characters was then effected and rushed in places. Both movies felt like they could have enough plot lines for a few movies.

For some reason I just enjoyed X-men more. It has a charm to it in places. Civil War felt like another Marvel film. While it had some decent fight scenes it I felt like the whole conflict was glossed over. I did not expect them to do the plot line of the comic but I did not think we would just get this strange amalgamation of a Winter Soldier sequel plus Civil War.

A lot of moments in Civil War felt unearned (like picture related). It did not feel like a natural epic part of the story. The fight was not substantial enough and I do not believe the sides were fleshed out.

I don't think it is any conspiracy why one got better reviews than the other. We are more used to Marvel films. The film was not bad in particular although I do have some personal criticisms and did not find Zemo to be as fantastic as some people in this thread make out.

X-Men had a lot of little bits to it. A lot of good scenes. Young cast. Sure Apocalypse didn't amount to loads but ultimately I feel like he made more sense. Who was the real enemy, Zemo or Stark? The whole mention of the accords felt brushed over far too soon for my liking. The film tried to balance too much to set up the future.
>>
>>84009559
Zemo only seated on a chair and pointed a gun to his face. He was one of the worst MCU villains, which is a very difficult thing to acomplish.
>>
>>84009082
>Baron Emo
>awesome
>not complete crap
you know, it's not even funny. I really want to murder you. I would do humankind a favor
>>
>>84009251
>>84009284
tl;dr
>>
>>84009788
Terrible bait. I wouldve been fine with BVS but choosing Xmen as bait is awful
>>
>>84010188
probably because you're a summer pleb
BvS was good, though
>>
>>84010188

X-men is and always has been better than Marvel Disney.

Civil War was good but only because of the action scenes, the dialogue and character interaction seem like the saaame generic shit.

Like you don't really get genuine dialogues, when Iron Man or Cap talk they seem like they are trying to say the coolest shit everytime, like they really want to sound cool so the scene can cut away from them after they said a really cool line
>>
>>84010158
Cry harder bitchtits.
>>
>>84010271
>X-men is and always has been better than Marvel Disney.
No it won't.
Aside from DOFP and X-Men 2 this franchise has been filler, and after 16 years, we haven't moved on from
>Magneto goes full retard
>>
>>84010290
I have your IP. I will pay you a visit soon
I'll bring some tacos
>>
>>84010188
It isn't bait at all.

You can enjoy something that was bad just like you can hate something that is good. Your critical opinion of something is different to your enjoyment.

I like bad action movies. Cheesy action movies. What is wrong with that???

I really feel like in all this company wars bullshit and rights you people forget to enjoy a movie.

Civil War just felt like too much stuffed in. The airport fight scene was spectacular but unearned. Did I enjoy it? Yes. But what they were fighting over was ridiculous.

Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>84010271
Marvel movies feel like TV shows. That's a fact.

>>84010325
I wouldn't want it any other way. They feel comfy.
>>
File: 1418853708107.jpg (197 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1418853708107.jpg
197 KB, 700x700
>>84010351
>They feel comfy.

>>84010338
>I like bad action movies

>these are the reasons someone gives to like X-Men movies
>>
>>84010379
Well, what is the reason to go watch MCU movies? A modern masterpiece of cinema full of symbolism and food for thought? Or... to be entertained?
>>
>>84009082
Apocalypse was a better performance.

Sure, the plot and the script didnt help at all, but Oscar Isaac managed to give a top tier performance. Almost as campy as the 90s tv series one.

No more speech gave me chills.

Zemo was fine I guess. It was refreshing to see a schemer instead of a powerhouse as marvel villain.

>>84009205
This is true. But its actually part of the character. Apocalypse is every powerlevel thread ever written. He is a pretty shallow character. With no nuances. No personality. No nothing. Its an issue with the character, not with the x-men movie.
>>
The problem with X-Men is that it's been 6 main movies and they all ended up with the same
>WE ALREADY DEALT WITH THIS CRAP, THE NEXT MOVIE IS GOING TO BE A REAL X-MEN MOVIE

Also Magneto always ends up being the villain, don't know how they do it.
>>
>>84010379
>>these are the reasons someone gives to like X-Men movies
Are you an idiot? I never explicitly stated that X-Men was a bad action movie.

I was explaining that: CRITICAL OPINION AND ENJOYMENT ARE DIFFERENT THINGS.

Thor: The Dark World is a shit movie. I still enjoyed going to see it.

What can't you understand about this?
>>
I don't know who had the idea of making a movie about the biggest jobber in superhero history.
>>
>>84010188
Nah. Civil war is the better movie. By far. But X-men is the funnier one. Again by far.

Dont be mad you got outmemed by Fox. Shit happens. Civil war was a better film, but I had a better time watching X-men.
>>
>>84010419
it's really weird that Deadpool got good reviews, because it was campy as hell. My belief is that people might be fatigued by the X-Men a little bit. It's good that they introduced a new cast.

I really like the chemistry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rFyHJ1pSyg
>>
>>84010419

>He is a pretty shallow character. With no nuances. No personality. No nothing. Its an issue with the character, not with the x-men movie.

So then why use Apocalypse?
>>
>>84010448
>Thor: The Dark World is a shit movie. I still enjoyed going to see it.

>these are the people who watch X-Men
>>
>>84010429
They only did it with DOFP and Apocalypse. Both which were inspired by MCU might I add

>>84010456
I don't get why using Zemo either
>>
File: cinematokino.jpg (75 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
cinematokino.jpg
75 KB, 960x600
>>84010351

no, its the other way around, Marvel Diney movies look and feel like cheap tv shows.

All those fights in empty places, dialogue scenes always in a closed room with chairs and a table, etc.

There is a lot of padding and yet the stories are always weak
>>
>>84010429
You always say this in every fucking thread but the truth is that Fox fans, the few of them, dont watch the movies expecting THE REAL MCU XMEN MOVIE you talk about here. They go expecting a Fox sci-fi action film. The Fox brand of X-men movies. They dont go expecting Disney in there and then they dont get dissappointed because they got Fox instead.

It seems you are projecting your own desires with the franchise.

Id take DoFP and X2, hell even X1 over any other MCU film.
>>
>>84010524
Are you implying Snyder's pathetic film school-tier attempts at composition are good cinematography?

The only thing lacking is using more blue and orange.
>>
>>84009788
I agree with a lot of what you said. Basically I enjoyed the beginning and near end of Civil War a lot, the rest just felt like filler. The accords were put aside to chase Bucky around again. Black Panther was thrown into the mix because Bucky got brainwashed again. Scarlet Witch's moral crisis was just sort of there.

I too enjoyed X-men a lot more, I actually enjoyed En Sabah Nur more as a villain. He was an ancient mutant bent on conquering earth, subjugating mankind and making the mutants the planet's rulers. For him, with his background it made sense and was fun the rest of the cast also did a really great job.
>>
>>84010538
What are you talking about?
I'm saying that every single movie always ends up in a cliffhanger implying the next movie is going to be THE X-Men movie, and it just ends up being more filler, and having the exact same ending.
Apocalypse ended up with everyone getting their costumes, the question is, how are they going to ruin that for the next movie?
>>
File: 1.jpg (171 KB, 1297x489) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
171 KB, 1297x489
>>84009082
>>
>>84010589
>1.jpg
Shouldn't you be defending Justice League's kino-quips?
>>
>>84010589
>IGN
>>
>>84010419

Aside from the No More speech I feel like he didn't have a character at all. He just...loomed a lot. And monologued the way every supervillain does. He was Ronan, as another anon said.

It's hard to rob Oscar Isaac of so much charisma, but when you bury him in that much makeup and distort his voice, I guess there's no avoiding it.
>>
>>84009082
Zemo, an "average" man, won and made you feel for him. Apocalypse couldn't do shit with all that power and got beaten by a teenage girl gaining more confidence. Like Madoka.
>>
>>84010469
Why use Doomsday? Why use Abomination? Why use almost every villain thats not Magneto, Doom, Lex Luthor or Thanos? I cant remember any deep or complex X-men villain other than Creed Sr., Stryker and Magneto. Sinister is also shallow as fuck.

Apocalypse sadly is too iconic to ignore it. Even if he is a shit character.
>>
>>84009082
Zemo.
Didn't care about Apocalypse.
Truth be told, I didn't care about the movie itself, it felt like the franchise should have ended in DOFP, and suddenly someone came running and said
>GUYS WE DIDN'T USE APOCALPYSE
and they pushed this movie out.

They ruined DOFP's momentum.
>>
>>84010556
Because it was filler, especially the Spider-Man stuff which you could cut out and it wouldn't have affected the outcome of the movie.

Hell, aside the Cap characters only Tony was an important factor to the movie.
>>
>>84010429
>Also Magneto always ends up being the villain, don't know how they do it.

This was especially egregious in Apocalypse, given how quickly he's forgiven for the mass destruction he caused. And considering he tried to brain-murder every human on earth in X2, it's surprising they somehow made him worse in Apoc.
>>
>>84010583
Its just to bait MCUcks into watching it. The rest are perfectly fine with the Fox brand of sci-fi action movies that the x-men movieverse is now known by.
>>
>Jubilee's in it

:D

>for less than ten minutes

D:

>you never see her powers

D:<
>>
>>84010666
and yet 90% of critics on RT liked it, and it was basically just filler in a movie meant to be a filler.
>>
>>84010642
More like a cosmic entity since both the 3 most powerful mutants in the world couldnt even scratch him...but I guess you knew that already.
>>
>>84010079
Bullshit. He actually won.
>>
>>84009082
>Zemo was awesome
sorry but i have to stop reading right here
>>
>>84010737
>Won
>Cap sent a letter to Tony saying everything is fine and that he will help him if needed
>The rest of the cast are "prisoners", until their next movies. Unless we pretend the whole phase 3 happens in that prison. They will be out in the first 5 minutes of each of their following appearances
>That leave us with Bucky. A secondary character that was out of action hidding in Asia...is now out of action frozen in Wakanda
>All the avengers will reunite anyways for Avengers 3

Oh how he won. Nothing is the same anymore. The world was changed forever!
>>
>>84010551

Yeah, that comment is not bandwagon hate at all.

How about you defend that even worse generic shit that Civil War did?
>>
>>84010642
>like Madoka

Bullshit, she got emotionally manipulated by QB to give up her existence for other magical girls. Her wish comes from Madoka lacking any self-esteem and having a martyr complex, with a good helping of survivors guilt.

That's why the 3rd movie Rebellion was made, so Homura could take the burden of Madoka being tricked into childhood and give her a normal life.
>>
>>84009082
>What did Zemo do right that critics loved him? What did Apocalypse do so wrong that Rotten Tomato critics hated him?

Nobody gave a fuck about either.

Both are mediocre movies, the difference is that the audience likes the MCU's characters, and in the end, that's what you need to grab the audience.

Pirates of the Caribbean was a success because of Jack Sparrow, the MCU exists because people liked Tony Stark, ask someone about Nolan's Batman and they'll tell you it's GOAT because of the Joker, the thing people look forward to in Suicide Squad because of Harley Quinn and Joker.

Fox had Wolverine, but people are kinda forgetting him, he wasn't in Apocalypse, and after Wolverine 3, he's leaving capeshit.

MoS and BvS were hated because everyone acted like an asshole, except Wonder Woman, who didn't act.
>>
>>84010606

Can we stop this retarded shit of ''look! this anon posted a pic named 1, that means that is THAT guy!!! Nobody else uses numbers to save pics other than THAT guy from those other threads!!! I recognize that bulge!!!!!''
>>
>>84010809
I'm not going to defend Civil War's cinematography, but i'm not going to praise Snyder's ''How to make movies 101 - Chapter 1'' attempt at cinematography, which makes his movies feel like 2 hour long trailers.
>>
>>84009082
Both are fine.

Zemo at least forced Robert Jr to act like he didnt in the last 5 movies. Thats a fucking achievement. He was just phoning in after the first IM.

Id love to see Apocalypse coming back, but Im not sure anything can survive a Phoenix rape.
>>
>>84009082
What i'm baffled is that Fox just shrugged off the most powerful villain they have of the X-Men.
Not even a two parter, just one movie where he doesn't manage to do shit because Magneto did most of the damage, and he gets killed by Jean's Mary Sue powers.
>>
>>84010499
>I don't get why using Zemo either

Thunderbolts setup to create the next GotG.
>>
>>84010809
The difference is that Civil War was made by TV directors, that's what they know how to do.
Snyder is a man with 30 years of experience, who went to film school to learn about this, and he still delivers movies that look like film school projects.
>>
>>84010825
This is the true. Both are 6/10 movies, but people are invested more in the MCU characters. And thats an accomplishment by Disney/Marvel. Its not really unfair it was better received.

But talking objectively CW is painfully mediocre. A excuse for the airport scene, which in turn was a excuse for BP/SM introductions.

TWS is still king of Marvel and I really want to eventually watch the real Captain America 3 before Iron-man hijacked it.
>>
>>84010854

Yeah, that's just a generic criticism towards Snyder that doesn't mean anything, you obviously hate him or the movie based on a bandwagon hate
>>
>>84010951

Bullshit, BvS looks great and you are just using the same generic film student/cal arts criticism that doesn't even mean anything.
>>
File: 1464570651038.jpg (389 KB, 2000x1389) Image search: [Google]
1464570651038.jpg
389 KB, 2000x1389
>>84010976
>>84011001
Pic related is a movie with legitimately beautiful cinematography.
You are not going to see Roger Deakins deliver embarassing shots like that one of Superman floating while that woman reached out his hand to him, or the shot of Clark in the church in MoS, or the one with Supes drowning in skulls.

Snyder spent quite a bit of his career doing music videos where you don't have to put any effort to connect the visuals with the plot, since there's not any plot, and that trend carried over to his movies, so now you have shots like the ones I described earlier.

No respectable director or cinematographer would allow such shots get in his movies.
>>
After watching twice X-men (second time on a decent hd cam rip) I liked it a bit more.

With CW which I already watched it 3 times, gets worse with each view.

Still waiting to watch BvS for the second time to see how it endures.
>>
>>84009128
>Apocalypse got the X-Men to unite and Mystique to come back, also for the world to see the X-Men as their heroes
>Zemo fractured the Avengers and got half of them arrested, and got the world to hate Cap, the FACE of the Avengers
>Apocalypse accomplished more
?????
>>
>>84009284
>>84009251
good analysis anon.
>>
>>84011036
If only the movie was as half as good as those shots. Also, its easy to have good cinematography when nothing happens. The opening of that movie in Mexico looked like shit. One of the worst demolition/action scenes Ive ever seen.
>>
>>84010589
>trusting ¨game journalists¨ to write competent reviews
>>
>>84010818
Rebellion turn the whole story into yuri.
>>
>>84009082
Because was a non cape-shit villain put into cape shit while the other one was over the top cgi fighting
>>
>>84011075
Fracture wont last and they will be free for next movie. Dont be retarded.

Apocalypse and Magneto literally killed billions of people. And forced Jean to unleash the dangerous Phoenix into the world.

If anything the only villain who accomplished shit on the MCU was Loki when he decided to be Thanos butt slave. Loki is responsible for Thanos setting his eye on planet Earth.
>>
>>84011120
The movie is quite slow, but I liked it, definatly the second of the Craig's Bond movies and I liked how Bond was more than a smug Martini drinker.
>>
>>84009251
>interrogates a agent by hipping him upside down in a sink
>with his nose and mouth above the basin
I don't understand, was he trying to drown him or give him a hairwash?
>>
>>84011179
>Apocalypse and Magneto literally killed billions of people.
So?
Nobody gave a fuck, Magneto rebuilt the mansion and they acted as if they were best buddies again.

Which makes me think, Mystique killing Trask made the government approve the creation of the Sentinels, but a bazillion of civilians dying and a fuckload of cities being destroyed didn't?
>>
>>84011241
Thats answered in the fucking movie. The whole world thinks Magneto just helped to defeat Apocalypse. They dont know he was just cleaning the mess he started himself.

Only the x-men know.
>>
>>84011282
And nobody thought about even calling out Magneto for killing so many people?
Gotta wonder where the people complaining about MoS' destruction were when Apocalypse came out.
>>
>>84011282
>The whole world thinks Magneto just helped to defeat Apocalypse.
The same Magneto publicly known as a two time president assassination attempting terrorist?

People bring up how the MCU has no consequences, yet Bucky Barnes is publicly known as the Winter Soldier now and even with the reveal, likely only to inside agencies instead of the public, it was Zemo behind the bombing, the stigma and trauma of what HYDRA did to him and made him do remains to the point Bucky feels safer on ice than alive and outside.
Magneto walks off seemingly fine at the end of Apocalypse despite his earlier melodramatic tantrum.
>>
>>84009082
>What did Zemo do right that critics loved him? What did Apocalypse do so wrong that Rotten Tomato critics hated him?

Be in a movie with a red rectangle on the poster.

It also helped that he didn't wear a costume, since movie critics hate costumes.
>>
>>84010806
>The world was changed forever!
But it has. Cap is a criminal and Superhero registration is happening. The Avengers team was cut in half and the few left have a strained relationship. He literally changed international law to achieve his revenge. Go home, babby. This movie is for people above the age of 13.
>>
>>84010188
Always a lol to see the cognitive dissonance in Marveldrones
>>
>>84010325
Even Moviebob admits the franchise is shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6OkpWxFpiI
>>
>>84011120
>mistaking Skyfall and Spectre

Not even the same cinematographer. Jesus.
Spectre wasn't nearly as good looking as Skyfall.
>>
>>84009082
God-like characters are hard to do. They have to be set up properly and given reason why the characters aren't obliterated when fighting them.
The problem is that X-Men Apocalypse was trying to do too many things. It was a Apocalypse movie, a Magneto movie, a First Class movie, a second class movie, and a commercial for Wolverine 3. It was too cluttered.
>>
>>84010914
>What i'm baffled is that Fox just shrugged off the most powerful villain they have of the X-Men.
Fox doesn't care (or respect) the X-Men, anon (or the FF for that matter). It's just a cow to milk. The only reason they continue to milk the cow is because the MCU is so successful.
>>
>Tell something, /co/. What did Marvel Studios do right over Fox when it comes to villains?

We've really gotten that point here? Really?
>>
>>84009082
Fox should just stop making X-Men movies and give the rights back.
>>
>>84009082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&index=125&list=WL
>>
>>84009082
I liked Apoc more.
Zemo was layered and all that but Apoc was big and loud and hammy spouted hammy biblical rhetoric and disintegrated dudes with his brain. It's a no contest really.
Take that as you will.
>>
>>84013635
You need to be 18 to post.
>>
File: large.png (163 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
large.png
163 KB, 500x336
>>84011148
>turned
>>
File: 1413660691051.png (216 KB, 385x497) Image search: [Google]
1413660691051.png
216 KB, 385x497
>>84013655
>he says on a cartoons & comics board
>>
>>84009251

>all that Hydra dude had to do was tell Zemo about 1991
>T'chaka wouldn't have died
>CIA wouldn't have pursued Bucky hay hard

Sucks that the Accords were still going to crest a rift in the Avengers, but man all that dude had to do was tell Zemo everything and innocent people would have been spared from the UN explosion and anyone got their shy pushed it trying to apprehend bucky
>>
Zemo was winging it the whole time.
Zemo had really not anymore to do with the Avengers conflict than the Sokovia Accords did
Zemo had nothing to do with the Sokovia Accords.
Zemo's plot relied on stupidity of everyone else (cant recognize not Bucky, cant outrun him on stairs, cant freeze flights after terrorist attack, cant have better security at UN, dont have multiple cameras anywhere, etc.)
Zemo was so forgettable, Cap and Tony do not even address him in the climax of Civil War. Panther takes him out.

FUCK Zemo!
Stop shilling him!
>>
>>84013767

Hail motherfucking Hydra motherfucker.
>>
>>84009082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&index=125&list=WL
>>
>>84013791
Zemo was deep and interesting.

Apocalypse was stupid and looked like Ivan Ooze.

Tell your bosses to give the rights back to Marvel, Fox Employee
>>
File: 30ixph0.gif (4 KB, 473x211) Image search: [Google]
30ixph0.gif
4 KB, 473x211
>>84014268
All you're doing is spelling out why Apocalypse was better.
>>
>"but I have experience...and patience. A man can do ANYTHING if he has those."
vs
>"AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS"
gee, i wonder why...
>>
I was really not looking forward to Xmen, but still enjoyed it more than Civil war. The latter just seemed like it dragged on too much in the middle, and it had the whole vibe of a really badly drawn and boring comic. Apocalypse seemed cool, and it made me hopeful for the future of the franchise. I was almost excited by Spider-Man, but the Star Wars line really killed any hype for me I know I shouldn't spaz out about it, but it's like they just put mouse ears on him and reanimated the corpse of Disney to put that scene together. Correct me if it happened, but it's like ASM Spidey could take a short brake to talk about that totally retro Play- Station, with that weird dragon game.
>>
Because critics dont like comics and take films to seriously. Zemo was watered down from his comic version,while apocalypse was a ripped off the page adaptation. Critics will never liked good comic adpatations because they view the comic media inferior.
>>
>>84011499
>He literally changed international law to achieve his revenge
No, he didn't.
I fucking LOVED Zemo in this movie, but everything he did aside from drowning one Hydra guy happened after the Accords were written. He caused an international manhunt for Bucky, and he caused Cap to kick Iron Man's ass, but he did not affect international law.
>>
>>84010325
Did you just seriously say DOFP was better than First Class?

What's life like on opposite world?
>>
>>84009251
He doesn't have a "master plan" because he's a useless character slammed into an already jammed film just to move a plot around.

People cry about Wonder Woman watching a video of the flash as being out of place in the movie. Zemo is even worse.

He has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE. Remove him totally.
He was awful
idiotic motivation (he wants the avengers to not like each other)
his plan is basically nonexistent and wouldn't work

Civil War would have been an 8/10 flick if they took out some of characters including Zemo. He was completely embarrassing and wasted in this film
>>
>>84013791
I feel like Zemo was a last minute inclusion to give the movie a "bad guy" or maybe he was left over from serpent society before Disney made the Russo Bros make it an avengers flick?

I find it hard to believe that the Russo bros who made the tightly scripted well paced Winter Solider into the sprawling nonsensical mess that is civil war

>inb4 REEEEEEEEEEEEE Rotten tomatoes score
grow up kiddo
>>
>>84016201
>He has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE.

lol Dumbass. Zemo is literally built into the plot and themes of the film.
>>
>>84009251
>>84009284

This guy gets it.
>>
File: 001500Capture.png (1 MB, 1006x920) Image search: [Google]
001500Capture.png
1 MB, 1006x920
>>84009082

What do you think op?
>>
>>84010699
>She's been edited out
D8<
>>
>>84009082
>It's the "spilt up the Avengers" plot for the THIRD time
Granted it's not Civil War's fault, Weedon is to blame. But holy fuck am I done with this shit
>>
Zemo sucked, he was barely even in the movie.
>>
>>84016201

>He has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE.

He was the major reason this movie happened to begin with you idiot.
>>
>>84016201
>his plan is basically nonexistent and wouldn't work
Wow just like every other capeshit villain plan! I'M SHOCKED
>>
File: 1464651954029.jpg (44 KB, 642x642) Image search: [Google]
1464651954029.jpg
44 KB, 642x642
>>84011201
this
i tried explaining to someone on here it clearly shows the water overflowing while still below his nose then the next seen hes somehow drowning, but the faggot just kept denying and saying it clearly was above his nose the whole time and that he watched it twice (this was the day after it came out) and hes 100% positive. So I went to his house and murdered his whole fucking family.
>>
>>84009251
>>84009284

Zemo was amazing.
>>
>>84010656
>Abomination
Hey, fuck you. Abomination is a better character than most villain in comics and MCU.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.