[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when is Marvel just going to straight up make Tony Stark a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: stark sipping on some sizzurp.jpg (334 KB, 1183x612) Image search: [Google]
stark sipping on some sizzurp.jpg
334 KB, 1183x612
So when is Marvel just going to straight up make Tony Stark a bad guy?

Look, not too many people like him anymore.I know they want to do this synergy crap, but this guy is just written like a complete asshole, time and time again. If Tony were in DC, the entire Justice League would've considered him to have gone rogue, and reigned his ass in.

Instead, people just act like Tony is still a hero. This guy, the same one that caused the death of another hero with his pet Thor clone, who put heros who didn't sign up for the registration act into essentially concentration camps in another dimension, brought up a team of villains to HUNT DOWN other heros, and is now acting irrational over Rhodes getting killed by Thanos.

Look, I know he's only human, but there's only so many things one can do before being called anti-heroic, or a villain. Frank does his shooty thing with the bad guys which always upsets the other heroes, even Wolverine who kills for a living, but Stark just somehow goes nuclear with the mess he makes, and gets no reprimand for that? C'mon.

It'd be more interesting anyway for him, and like I said, it's not like people like him that much anyway with how badly he's been written.
>>
>>84001446
>So when is Marvel just going to straight up make Tony Stark a bad guy?
Around the same time the rest of the Illuminati properly account for their egregious actions. Starting with World War Hulk.
>If Tony were in DC, the entire Justice League would've considered him to have gone rogue, and reigned his ass in.
You really don't want to talk about the Justice League and unbiased response.
>It'd be more interesting anyway for him
Nope
>>
He's definitely a better written villain than most of what they have already. He's popular enough in the MCU to still have a fanbase if they went that direction in the movies too, like Loki.
>>
>>84001446
Tony wiped his memory of Civil War so nobody could hold him accountable
I don't think anyone remembers the events of Superior Iron Man.
>>
>>84001608
To be fair he wiped his memory because his brain is a hard drive because he's a fucking robot now, and he was afraid that Norman Osborn was going to take him captive and legally have rights to his brain and therefore the information contained in the SHRA.
>>
>>84001608
>Tony wiped his memory of Civil War so nobody could hold him accountable

That wasn't why he did it. He did it to delete all copies of the registration database and keep it out of Osborn's hands when HAMMER replaced SHIELD.
>>
File: 1465070724310.jpg (1 MB, 1988x2032) Image search: [Google]
1465070724310.jpg
1 MB, 1988x2032
>>84001446
>science character goes evil.
yawn.
>>
>>
>>84002038
I second this yawn.
Also, all the negativity... Should i quote Squirrelgirl again? The Marvels became so grimderp i even quit them because i got ulcer from yet another evil twist.
Who comes next on turning-evil-list?
Dr. Strange?
Why not getting a villain turning awesome evil good instead?
>>
>>84002104
Honestly if moot would just come back I'd accept any amount of changes, it just hasn't been the same without him. In that it's exactly the same, but you know I can't delude myself into thinking 4chan would be the one place that would never change. Shit's all fucked up now.
>>
>>84002038
Did he died
>>
File: the fatal frontier.jpg (4 MB, 1703x8725) Image search: [Google]
the fatal frontier.jpg
4 MB, 1703x8725
>>84001446
"The Futurist, Gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you whether you like it or not."
>>
>>84002126
>Dr. Strange?
He sold his soul for a bit back there during Hickman's thing.
Not to say Stephen hasn't dealt with devil's before, but you could tell Hickman was really trying to hamfistedly write an atmosphere of total defeat and despair and blah blah blah, it just got resolved anyway for all the posturing.
>>
File: Superior Iron Man.jpg (516 KB, 1822x1200) Image search: [Google]
Superior Iron Man.jpg
516 KB, 1822x1200
Superior Iron Man was great. He like carnage-man were too good for this world.
>>
>>84001446
They have to make him bisexual or gay first.
>>
>>84001446
>this guy is just written like a complete asshole, time and time again.

>anti-hero
>noun
>a central character in a story, film, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.
>>
>>84001446
somebody doesn't remember when Stark went so evil the Avengers went back in time and brought his teen self to the future to kill him
>>
>>84002193
Yeah.
Yeah, that was the ulcer-inducing mood.
I didn't knew about that arc, but the idea of making the ambigious hero dive in the dark for sake of being a hatefuel and millenial-dark, it is just unsettling.
I wouldn't buy such a comic, not anymore.
>>
>>84002594
yeah but that was kang's fault!
>>
>>84001563
Stark will be like: I GOT AMNESIA YOU KEKS

And everybody will be like:

HOLY SHIT, he dinnuff.
>>
>>84002454
I wish they kept Superior Tony. Shit was cash and fun to read. Profiting, being a dick while doing good was great.

I feel the current Tony is Ultimate Tony.
>>
>>84001608
thought its weird that they couldn't use any other evidence, like camera feeds from SHIELD or somewhere
>>
>>84002553
Anti-hero still has to be heroic, the good outweighing the bad.
>>
File: iron-doom.1337945941735.jpg (296 KB, 965x1500) Image search: [Google]
iron-doom.1337945941735.jpg
296 KB, 965x1500
>>84001446
>when
It's been done.
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15 KB, 300x600
>>84001446
>Look, not too many people like him anymore
/co/ =/= people
>>
It'll never happen. He's far to ingrained as they symbolical head of the MCU.

RDJ's interpretation literally is the public acceptance of the character right now.

Fans just don't seem to get that comics aren't stand alone business ventures anymore. They are IP farms that are meant to support the film side of things. (where the really money comes in)
>>
>>84003772
stop blaming me for your dumb ideas immortus
>>
>>84001446

All the science guys are literally one step from being a super villain.
>>
>>84002038
What is this from, please?
>>
>>84005391
Blue Marvel and Amadeus Cho seem to be pretty stable
>>
>>84004936
Having the RDJ interpretation in the comics would fix a lot of things, frankly.

Bendis would assassinate him with his first page, though.
>>
>implying RDJ-man won't turn into MCU Maker
>shit decisions
>pepper left me
>bff is a handicap
>high possibility of funding future supervillains for my now new protegee
>>
>>84001446
>So when is Marvel just going to straight up make Tony Stark a bad guy?
You never heard of The Crossing?
>>
>>84002193
>He sold his soul for a bit back there during Hickman's thing.
No, he TRIED to sell his soul but then they rejected it saying "you've already sold your soul so many times that it's not worth anything."
>>
>>84005427
Fiaklov's Ultimate Comics: Ultimates.
>>
>>84006354
Thank you. Is it worth reading?
>>
>>84001446
Well Tony Stark is a Democrat so... yeah, of course he'd turn evil one way or the other.
>>
>>84002126
>Why not getting a villain turning awesome evil good instead?
That's basically Magneto thing, he change side every morning.
>>
File: Small Child.jpg (2 MB, 912x4059) Image search: [Google]
Small Child.jpg
2 MB, 912x4059
>>84002126
>Who comes next on turning-evil-list?
>Dr. Strange?

It wouldn't be the first time.
>>
File: superior-spider-man-4-page-3.jpg (692 KB, 1626x1910) Image search: [Google]
superior-spider-man-4-page-3.jpg
692 KB, 1626x1910
>>84002126
>Why not getting a villain turning awesome evil good instead?
>>
That thing that Marvel was actually planning on making Tony a bonafide villain after Civil War in 2007 but had to run it back for the movie is true or what? Seems like poor coordination, but those were the early days of the movies.
>>
>>84005511
Why don't we just lock Slott and Bendis in a closet until one of them gets hungry enough to kill and eat the other?
>>
>>84007626
That only gets rid of ONE of them, though.
>>
>>84006524
He used the kids brain as a magic bomb? Was the kid about to be eaten? I mean yeah informed consent, but...
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.