[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"JUSTICE LEAGUE" ANNOUNCEMENTS ROUND-UP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Justice League.jpg (25 KB, 650x409) Image search: [Google]
Justice League.jpg
25 KB, 650x409
Official logo and synopsis.

>Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s (Henry Cavill) selfless act, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince (Gal Gadot), to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes — Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and The Flash (Ezra Miller) — it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
>>
File: Heroes.jpg (56 KB, 700x352) Image search: [Google]
Heroes.jpg
56 KB, 700x352
The members.

>Batman assembles the Justice League and is their leader and benefactor.

>Batman has two suits: A modified version of the BATMAN V SUPERMAN batsuit with more padding and a blueish tint; and an armored tactical batsuit with silver accents and high-tech goggles that reference the white lenses from the comics, to be worn during the final battle.

>Wonder Woman is helping Batman assemble the Justice League. Her suit is a slightly modified version of the one featured in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>Aquaman is the king of Atlantis and initially declines Batman's offer due to his grievances with both the surface world and Themyscira, Wonder Woman's homeland, but reconsiders his position when his people come under attack. He has a modified version of the suit featured in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>The Flash and Cyborg are the two youngest members of the team, and quickly become friends over their shared interest in technology and their inexperience in being superheroes. The Flash eagerly joins the team after being approached by Batman, while Cyborg initially declines Wonder Woman's offer before his father Silas Stone is kidnapped, after which he seeks the Justice League for help.

>The Flash has two suits: A prototype suit built with stolen high-tech material, comprised of metal plates with complex piping to harness the excess energy he produces when he runs, gloves and boots adorned with lightning bolts, and an aerodinamic "motorcycle/ski-like" helmet with goggles. Batman will later make him a more streamline suit.

>Cyborg will be created completely through motion-capture technology and CGI. He has a sleek silver design, and a faceplate that cover his entire face when he goes into battle mode. He also has a large cannon mounted into one of his arms, and can also expand in size and produce two additional arms for combat situations.
>>
File: Friends.jpg (155 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
Friends.jpg
155 KB, 655x380
Additional characters.

>Superman will return in the third act of the movie, and will have longer hair. His role is being kept under wraps.

>Amy Adams and Jeremy Irons are returning as Lois Lane and Alfred Pennyworth, who help the Justice League throughout the movie.

>Jesse Eisemberg in returning as Lex Luthor in a minor role. The character is institutionalized at Arkham Asylum.

>Connie Nielsen is playing Queen Hyppolita, Wonder Woman's mother. She'll be featured in the prologue.

>Kristofer Hivju is playing the Atlantean King, Aquaman's ancestor. He'll be featured in the prologue.

>Zeus will be featured in the prologue, allegedly played by Danny Huston.

>Amber Heard is playing Aquaman's wife, Mera, a powerful Atlantean sorceress and warrior with a scalemail suit that morpsh into her skin.

>Willem Dafoe is playing Nudis Vulko, an Atlantean elder and Aquaman's mentor.

>Joe Morton is playing Silas Stone, Cyborg's father and the head of S.T.A.R. Labs.

>J.K. Simmons is playing Commissioner James Gordon, Batman's ally in Gotham City Police Department.
>>
File: Villains.png (561 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Villains.png
561 KB, 800x450
Villains, Vehicles and Locations.

>The main villain is Steppenwolf, an intergalactic conqueror and enforcer for the mighty Darkseid, who is lured to Earth by Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>Steppenwolf will be created through motion-capture technology. A renowed actor is in advanced talks to play him.

>Batman's has a new, heavily-weaponed Batmobile.

>Batman has a submarine which Wonder Woman and him use to journey to Atlantis.

>Batman has the Crawler, a shuttle with spider-like mechanical legs, originially designed by his father, Thomas Wayne, to explore underground terrain. The Crawler is used to venture into a Parademon nest in an abandoned tunnel line between Gotham City and Metropolis during Stryker's Island.

>Batman has the Flying Fox, a cutting-edge supersonic jet "the size of a B-2 Bomber" that becomes the Justice League's main transportation. It includes a canopy where Alfred will operate the Flying Fox's weapons during the final battle.

>Batman has set up an alternative base of operations in a high-tech bunker underneath Gotham Iron Works, which is being renovated by Wayne Enterprises, and which he uses to conduct research on the escalating meta-human activity across the globe. The bunker will later serve as the Justice League's first base of operations once the team is assembled.
>>
File: The League.jpg (39 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
The League.jpg
39 KB, 600x331
Plot and Tone.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE's prologue details how an alliance between Humanity, Atlantis and Themyscira, aided by the Old Gods, repelled an invasion to Earth masterminded by Darkseid in pre-historic times. During the battle, Darkseid's secret weapon, the Mother Boxes, were left behind and the Old Gods elect to divide them between the three realms and prevent them from ever being united. A war then erupted between Themyscira and Atlantis, leading both to abandon Humanity.

>Steppenwolf arrives on Earth to retrieve the Mother Boxes, which become a powerful weapon capable of subjugating entire worlds once united. He is a loyal soldier to Darkseid, subjugating worlds across the galaxy to Darkseid's will, and a formidable warrior who wields a massive scythe.

>Steppenwolf commands an army of biomechanical insectoid soldiers, the Parademons, who have been kidnapping scientists as part of Steppenwolf's masterplan, which might involve reviving Superman as Darkseid's herald.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE will be a standalone movie.

>Darkseid will be the main villain of JUSTICE LEAGUE 2, and his presence will be felt throughout the first movie.

>The mythology of the Old Gods and the New Gods will be explored.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE will be "lighter, funnier", "more fun and upbeat" and "more kid-friendly" than BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>Ben Affleck is writing and directing a standalone BATMAN movie, but it might delayed beyond Warner Bros. Pictures' tentative release date on October 5, 2018. Jeremy Irons, J.K. Simmons and Jared Leto are confirmed to appear in the movie.

>The previously announced JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 has been scrapped for the moment. While it is still in development, the originally slated release date is no longer in function.
>>
Today's announcements and what they showed were way more disappointing than they should've been.

All we really got was confirmation that those leaks were true (which isn't even a good thing considering they didn't sound very good in the first place), a bit of insight into the movie, confirmation that they're going for a more light-hearted route, a literal few set pictures, and some admittedly nice look at the WW movie's prop/costumes. And a logo.

I expected WAY more from how they hyped it up. I expected to see, at least, a high-definition promotional picture of the cast together, in costume. Expected to see Amber Heard as Mera for the first time too.

Here's hoping for SDCC I guess.
>>
File: The Flash.jpg (164 KB, 700x366) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
164 KB, 700x366
SCENE DESCRIPTION: "Batman Meets The Flash"

>Barry Allen arrives at his apartment. The walls are lined with televisions and the space is filled with gadgets Barry has created. Bruce Wayne is waiting for it and flips the switch on the circuit breaker that powers the apartment, revealing himself.

BRUCE: Barry Allen, I'm Bruce Wayne.

BARRY: You say it as if it's normal for me to walk in and find a complete stranger sitting in my second favorite chair.

>Bruce shows Barry a printout of the footage of Barry foiling a robbery in a convenience store.

BRUCE: Is this you?

BARRY: I'm afraid you're looking for someone who looks a lot like me, but definitely isn't me. Long hair, kinda' hippie. He looks like a very attractive Jewish boy.

>Bruce plays the surveillance footage recovered from LexCorp.

BARRY: He drinks milk, though. I don’t drink milk.

BRUCE: I know you have abilities, I just don't know what they are.

BARRY: My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign-language, gorilla sign-language…

>Bruce points to the prototype suit hidden in the living room.

BRUCE: Silicon-based sand coarse fabric. Abrasion-resistant. Heat-resistant.

BARRY: I'm into competitive ice dancing.

BRUCE: This is used on the space shuttles to prevent them from burning up upon re-entry.

BARRY: It's very competitive ice dancing. Look, man, I don’t know who you are but whoever you’re looking for, it’s not me.

>Bruce throws a batrang at Barry's face. Barry perceives it in slow-motion. Time freezes as Barry moves out of the way and stops the batrang mid-flight, then returns to normal speed and faces Bruce.

BARRY: So you're Batman.

BRUCE: So you're fast.

BARRY: That's an oversimplification.

BRUCE: Listen, I’m putting together a team of people with special abilities. I believe enemies are coming, and I...

BARRY: Stop. I'm in.

BRUCE: Just like that?

BARRY: I need friends.

BRUCE: Great.

>Beat. Barry points to the batrang.

BARRY: So... Can I keep this?
>>
File: Cyborg.jpg (73 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg.jpg
73 KB, 1200x675
SCENE DESCRIPTION: "GCPD Rooftop".

>Commissioner James Gordon stands on the edge of the rooftop of the Gotham City Police Department, with the Batsignal behind him shining in the night sky. Batman emerges from the shadows.

GORDON: How many do you have?

BATMAN: Not enough.

>Wonder Woman and the Flash emerge from the smoke billowing from the ventilation shafts.

BATMAN: What have you got?

GORDON: Another scientist has been kidnapped here in Gotham. Multiple eyewitnesses claim it was the same creature that was seen in Metropolis.

BATMAN: The bad guy's flying monkeys.

GORDON: That makes it eight abductions in three days.

>Cyborg unexpectedly arrives.

CYBORG: Nine. The head of S.T.A.R. Labs was taken last night. I'm here to help.

>Wonder Woman smiles.

GORDON: I've triangulated the creatures' movements based on the eyewitnesses' reports, but they don't appear to following any sort of pattern. They don't converge anywhere.

CYBORG: That's because they converge underground. The tunnel on Stryker's Island. They're nested there.

GORDON: That tunnel has been incomplete for decades. You'll need a probe to find them.

>Batman smiles.

BATMAN: I got something better.

>Gordon begins making a speech about the city and how the dangers they're facing are becoming increasingly stranger, expecting to turn around and find the others gone. When he does, however, the Flash is still there, while Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg have departed.

GORDON: You still there.

FLASH: Yeah... Wait, they all left? Wow, that's... rude.
>>
File: Aquaman.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Aquaman.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
SCENE DESCRIPTION: "Tunnel Fight"

>Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg venture into the abandoned tunnel at Stryker's Island with the Crawler, while the Flash runs ahead, scouting the area for enemies. They come upon a narrow end, where they are unexpectedly ambushed by Parademons.

>Batman uses the Crawler's flamethrowers to torch the attacking Parademons, but the attack initiates a flood that begins to sweep up the tunnels. Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg depart the Crawler, which is destroyed, and join the Flash as they prepare to battle the hordes of Parademons hidden in the structure. Aquaman will join them.
>>
>>83969750
So that's really supposed to be Steppenwolf?

Jesus christ, I have no hope for the New Gods if that's what they look like then.
>>
File: when i c the big tit.gif (2 MB, 636x345) Image search: [Google]
when i c the big tit.gif
2 MB, 636x345
>>83969720
>blueish tint
>>
>>83969856
That's Steppenwolf as recreated by the Krypton ship Magnetic hologram thingy they used in Man of Steel. He'll look different in JL.
>>
>>83969935
Really? Thank fuck.
>>
>>83969947
Yep. He won't be gray.
>>
>>83969784
There's gotta be something at SDCC, although the movie comes out in over a year from now so maybe not.
>>
>>83969750
>A renowed actor is in advanced talks to play him.
Guess that rules out joe manganiello
>>
>>83969968
Yeah, I'm expecting to see some kind of blow-out at SDCC.

A final SS trailer.
A WW trailer finally.
JL teaser? First look at everyone's costumes.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't expect TOO much.
>>
>>83969792
Wow, this really sucks. This is the same shit people hate Age of Ultron for.
>>
Comic-Con will for sure be:

- Suicide Squad screening

- Wonder Woman trailer and more info

- Justice League Cast and Costumes unveil, possible very short teaser

- Ben Affleck attending, announcing his plans for Batman solo movie.

- WB possibly announcing more movies.

Count on it
>>
So they are going to have a lighter and more fun movie but with Darkseid as the villain? If only they didn't blow their dark and grim load so early and piss everyone off. Darkseid is the kind of villain where you want them to go dark.
>>
File: 1466313887953.png (116 KB, 297x333) Image search: [Google]
1466313887953.png
116 KB, 297x333
>>83969750
>>Batman has a submarine
MOVIE OF THE YEAR 2017
>>
>>83970008
I'd honestly just be fine with a big picture of the League in costume. That's what I thought we'd get today.

>>83970024
You have a point, but for me personally my problem was the jokes were going even during scenes that should be serious. I'm fine with Flash fooling around while Batman tries to recruit him. I do hope they don't try too hard to make the entire movie funny. I can see that happening.
>>
>Justice League to take on a lighter tone than BvS

Not sure how to feel about this. Lighter is better, sure, but Snyder is still heading the project. I don't really think that the DC cinematic universe can be fully saved at this point.
>>
>>83970024
Yeah I don't mind the DC movies theoretically being more light-hearted but this isn't the way to do it. It comes off as really forced and quippy.

>>83970035
>- WB possibly announcing more movies.
Alright people, what do you think they'll announce? Green Lantern? (Kek)

Also think they'll say anything about the Aquaman and Flash movies?
>>
>>83970077
>I'd honestly just be fine with a big picture of the League in costume. That's what I thought we'd get today.
RIGHT? Thank you, that's what everyone was expecting.

>>83970080
>Not sure how to feel about this. Lighter is better, sure, but Snyder is still heading the project. I don't really think that the DC cinematic universe can be fully saved at this point.
My thoughts exactly. It's too late for the DCEU, even two movies in.
>>
>>83970077
>>83970114
>I'd honestly just be fine with a big picture of the League in costume. That's what I thought we'd get today.

Comic Con is around the corner, and those faggots paid thousands of dollars just to see exclusive trailers 2 weeks earlier than everybody else.
>>
>>83970280
SDCC is like a month away.

Not TOO long but fuck me, I just want to see more already.
>>
>>83969792
>gorilla sign language
fuck off we're gonna get the flash meets franco's planet of the apes

>bruce just revealing his identity like that
ok.
>>
>>83969730
>>Zeus will be featured in the prologue, allegedly played by Danny Huston.
Who will be Ares then?
>with a scalemail suit that morpsh into her skin.
Hmmmm reminds me of pic related fan art.
>>
File: niles_srsly.jpg (73 KB, 404x340) Image search: [Google]
niles_srsly.jpg
73 KB, 404x340
...everything in this thread reinforces my apathy. No, it cements it.

Even if we get the best possible version of these concepts implemented, I'm just bored with them. The script excerpts rub me the wrong way, they're all... shorthand-concept, which I guess is Snyder's style? But that is very literally the thing I hate most about his style. I can literally SEE the close-ups when reading these.

Cyborg being all-CGI... and having extra arms... and having his face entirely covered in battle so he's easier to CGI. Just -- every one of these things disappoint me.

I like the idea of a previous invasion and a grand alliance between the Heroes of Old to fight it off! (Wait, they're not the Demon Knights?) But even reading these ^&*() descriptions was draining. I literally cannot imagine sitting through a 90 minute movie of this.

...why is Barry quipping like RDJ? And if they want RDJ, why are they pre-scripting things his ad-libs?
>>
>>83970357
David Thewlis.
>>
>>83970080
>Lighter is better, sure
Could you imagine if they were still making Justice League Dark? Under the mandate to go darker than BvS?
>>
File: 1456556396348.jpg (187 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456556396348.jpg
187 KB, 1500x1000
>>83970357
Ugh, fuck that.

Also reminds me that they could've done so much worse with Aquaman.

Maybe it's asking too much, but I'm hoping it's just more or less a direct translation of her traditional look into the big screen.

Maybe they just mean it's really skin-tight, like Mystique in the X-Men movie franchise.
>>
>>83969856
>So that's really supposed to be Steppenwolf?
>Jesus christ, I have no hope for the New Gods if that's what they look like then.
What the fuck is the problem?
What is wrong with giving him a horror sci-fi make over?
He is a tiny microscopic character.
His most recent and relevant version would look way too much like Ares if they do Ares's armor faithfully which I am praying they do.
>>
File: nonplussed frog.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
nonplussed frog.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
Nah, I already made up my mind. After Batman v Superman I swore that WB wouldn't get a cent of my money until Snyder is gone. He's still there, so I won't be paying to go see this.
>>
File: mulletsuperman.jpg (52 KB, 319x459) Image search: [Google]
mulletsuperman.jpg
52 KB, 319x459
>>83969730
>Superman will return in the third act of the movie, and will have longer hair.

Mullet of steel confirmed.
>>
>>83970080
>Lighter is better, sure
No its fucking not you campf ag piece of Joss whedon dick sucking shit.
>>
>>83970372
Seriously. I'm glad everything's not gloom and doom but you can be light-hearted without going in this bullshit forced direction.

>>83970409
Not him but wanting to go in a lighter direction as a whole doesn't mean that they still couldn't do darker movies. Pretty sure the Batman movie is probably still going to be dark as fuck.

>>83970423
>What is wrong with giving him a horror sci-fi make over?
As another anon said, it's just a holographic rendition of what he really looks like, so I'm not upset. I think that's sort of cool.

But even still, it's bad because Steppenwolf has NEVER looked like that. It's bad enough that they're going with him instead of someone like Starro or Despero, but the least they could do is get him right. And fucking him up like that would mean awful things for the rest of the New Gods.
>>
>>83970372
>...why is Barry quipping like RDJ?
Because that is all he and Hal do on the team.
>>
File: 1331623984386.jpg (57 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1331623984386.jpg
57 KB, 720x480
>>83969750
>not calling them bat+vehicles
How the fuck can you fuck up something simple
>>
>>83970529
>Barry's going to bond with Cy instead of Hal
This is the future you chose, /co/. Or not.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.258301560.jpg (297 KB, 1500x1396) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.258301560.jpg
297 KB, 1500x1396
>>83970417
>but I'm hoping it's just more or less a direct translation of her traditional look into the big screen.
Seconded.
It can fucking work, just do pic related full body.
>>
>>83969792
>gorilla sign-language…
Grodd confirmed?
>>
File: 4715162-mera_by_demon00700-2.jpg (312 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
4715162-mera_by_demon00700-2.jpg
312 KB, 730x1095
>>83970597
Yeah, that looks fine. That can totally work and Mera's always had a great costume so it should look fine on screen.

I hope they don't fuck up Aquaman. I like that they're at least trying with him honestly.
>>
>>83969720

>Batman
>Leader of the Justice League

Doesn't work unless it's some sort of cuck league like International . Superman will do what he likes and Hal Jordan just laughs in his face
>>
File: misato cup.jpg (87 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
misato cup.jpg
87 KB, 500x281
>Superman will return in the third act of the movie, and will have longer hair.

Thank God, we almost got a movie where Superman could have been an actual character in the story. Lord knows we need yet another movie where everyone talks about how important Superman is without Superman actually having any personality or agency.

Thank you Lord Snyder, what I really want is a JL movie that sucks Batman's dick the entire time and puts Supes in the corner for most of it. Please keep talking about how much you love Superman and how he's one of your favourite characters though, I'm sure there's at least 4 or 5 rubes out there who still believe that.
>>
>>83970524
>It's bad enough that they're going with him instead of someone like Starro or Despero
Because those are campy garbage characters and you need Martian Manhunter to do Despero.
>And fucking him up like that would mean awful things for the rest of the New Gods.
No it fucking doesn't he doesn't need to be the same species as them.
That is like saying because they made the Parademons robotic monsters in the new 52 then they must have also fucked up the new gods designs which they didn't.
>>
>>83969720
>"motorcycle/ski-like" helmet with goggles

So Johnny Quick. Can the big twist be that this is Earth 3, please?
>>
What the fuck were those people on twitter talking about that was going to be so hype?
>>
>>83970524
>Pretty sure the Batman movie is probably still going to be dark as fuck.
BVS wasn't dark. It smeared black makeup over everyone's characterization and called itself dark.
>>
>>83970693
>Because those are campy garbage characters and you need Martian Manhunter to do Despero.
Nigga, do you even read comics? You sound like a wiki warrior.

And Starro isn't even remotely campy. If anything, he's creepy and unsettling as fuck. A live-action Starro could have a lot of impact.

>No it fucking doesn't he doesn't need to be the same species as them.

>Steppenworld, who has always been a New God, doesn't need to be a New God

>That is like saying because they made the Parademons robotic monsters in the new 52 then they must have also fucked up the new gods designs which they didn't.
Except when they did.
>>
This sounds basically fine, if a lot less interesting than I was hoping given how out there BvS was. They really shouldn't have listen to fanboy nerd bloggers though, fanboys suck.
>>
>>83970332
>he doesn't want to see Grodd
>>
>>83970663
>Implying there shouldn't be buildup in the film to Superman's return

>Implying Superman, back to life, flying at mach speed to punch the lights out of Steppenwolfe/Darkseid/Whoever is the final big bad, set to a glorious reprise of the Flight theme from MoS blasting in the background won't be the most hype thing to hit the cinemas in 2017
>>
>>83970728
Didn't someone say they were on the verge of tears? I was expecting a shot of the full League all in costume or something. This was a glorified press release.
>>
>>83970753
>Except when they did.
But Orion, Highfather, Bekka, Barda & Miracle all look decent to phenomenal in the new 52.
>>
>>83970552
It's not fair ;_; why are they leaving Hal out
>>
>>83970663
The Ultimate cut of BvS gives Clark a lot more characterization.
>>
>>83970785
Nah, fuck that. Not that guy, but I don't trust Snyder with Superman any more. I'm going to hang back on this movie and wait for the reviews to come out. If it sounds just like Man of Steel and Batman v Superman I won't be seeing it. I'm tired of Snyder fucking up my favorite superhero.
>>
>>83970785
How many times do you think you'll have to post that to convince yourself and sleep better at night?
>>
>>83970808
>>83970808
>But Orion, Highfather, Bekka, Barda & Miracle all look decent to phenomenal in the new 52.
Notice how they didn't even deviate all that much from the original costumes either.

Meanwhile, you have others like Darkseid. We don't speak of that abomination.
>>
>>83970785
>the most hype thing to hit the cinemas in 2017
The problem with statements like this is that they assume Snyder's film with connect solidly on the implementation and knock a solid concept out of the park.
Snyder is a bunter.
>>
>>83970728
>>83970789
>Believing journalists during press rounds

Come on, now.

Especially with how Snyder and WB made sure to suck their metaphorical dicks and even lick the balls with this visit, hammering how they, the internet journalists, were "right" about BvS and were totally a factor in shaping the movie.

Faraci bit it hook, like and sinker.
>>
>>83970095
they'll probably announce Shazam. It'll be the big surprise of Comic Con
>>
>>83970659
Neither of those characters are in this league
>>
>>83970824
Nah, it gives him more scenes, but his characterization is still the same.

>Awkwardly and silently wander around being told what to do and then fucking it up when he does
>>
>>83970835
>Meanwhile, you have others like Darkseid. We don't speak of that abomination.
That was meh, some artist made it look better then others.
Lee did blah with it, Reis and Fabok made it look good. The blue being too bright was the main problem.
>>
File: 1466488911971.jpg (192 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1466488911971.jpg
192 KB, 1080x720
Reminder...
This is Mera!
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/4752271/amber_heard_nude_-_the_informers.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/4911659/amber_heard_sex_tape.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/2812833/amber_heard_the_joneses.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/2590417/amber_heard_the_rum_diary_02.html
>>
>>83970785

>Implying there shouldn't be buildup in the film to Superman's return

We've had two movies of building up Kal as an actual character and it still hasn't happened yet. We've had two movies of "Just wait you guys, Snyder's going to make Clark an actual three-dimensional person you can care about soon!" and I'm done with it.

Meanwhile, Snyder made sure to give Batman all the complicated emotional underpinnings and thematic layering he could. How convenient. But he still loves Superman you guys!

>Implying Superman, back to life, flying at mach speed to punch the lights out of Steppenwolfe/Darkseid/Whoever is the final big bad, set to a glorious reprise of the Flight theme from MoS blasting in the background won't be the most hype thing to hit the cinemas in 2017

I'm not invested in this character. I liked Man of Steel but under the assumption that the sequel would finally build this version of Clark out, instead it actually regressed him to make more time for Bats and Lex.

Walking symbolism is not a replacement for character. This is why everyone hated the characterisation of Neo in the Matrix sequels, they replaced a fun lead with a dull mouth-breathing messiah no one could possibly be invested in.
>>
>>83970897
What? Makes him a lot more proactive actually. You see him investigating Batman, he voices his concerns about his place in the world. Definitely has more of a developed viewpoint in the Ultimate cut.
>>
File: 1456530226742.jpg (222 KB, 700x942) Image search: [Google]
1456530226742.jpg
222 KB, 700x942
>>83970871
Maybe JLD as well?

Shazam seems more likely considering they've already got the Rock.

Maybe a GL movie too?

>>83970913
>The blue being too bright was the main problem.
It being blue and overly designed at all were the main problems.

You don't over complicate Darkseid's design. It's more or less fine as it is.

Damn thing looked like a toy.
>>
>>83970949
But we do care about him, he is incredibly sympathetic if you not a liberal shit stain that thinks killing in self defense or defense of others is murder.
>>
>>83970951
By investigating, you mean asking people their thoughts on Batman, and deciding to pick a fight with him when one woman (whose husband was a criminal and died over it) cries that Batman is a meanie-head.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 600x450
>>83970987
I hope they announce a GL actor at SDCC
>>
>>83971013

Snyder pls, quoting Rumsfeld doesn't make you a hard-liner badass.
>>
>>83971049
Shit, is that recent?
>>
>>83971028
What's Clark's appropriate reaction to that in your head?

>Sorry chica, don't care about you and your spic babydaddy. Have fun raising a future gangbanger, peace.
>>
>>83969784
>I expected WAY more from how they hyped it up

THEY didn't hype up shit. It was tweets from bloggers that /co/ latched on to
>>
None of this does anything to disprove the fact that Zack Snyder hates Superman.
>>
File: WcZYMU8.jpg (347 KB, 1124x984) Image search: [Google]
WcZYMU8.jpg
347 KB, 1124x984
>>83970987
>overly designed at all were the main problems.
>You don't over complicate Darkseid's design
Disagree. I like detail.
Pic related is the perfect Darkseid design.
Covers the legs because the classic was gay as fuck in that regard.
No purple or bright blue.
Detail but not over detailed.
No shoulder pads but doesn't leave his shoulders bare and lame ether.
>>
>>83971060
>Rumsfeld
Who?
>>
File: darkseid redesign request.png (178 KB, 437x374) Image search: [Google]
darkseid redesign request.png
178 KB, 437x374
>>83971171
>Pic related is the perfect Darkseid design.
Fucking YIKES.

I am so glad you will never be anywhere near Darkseid.

The perfect Darkseid design would just be a fusion between the DCAU design and the Final Crisis design. So just FC Darkseid but with the pants.
>>
>>83971168
>Not treating him like a campy mary sue childish joke = hating the character.
Fuck you!
>>
File: 3724208-3662101448-wonde.jpg (312 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
3724208-3662101448-wonde.jpg
312 KB, 640x960
>>83970835

Highfather deviated massively
>>
>>83971217
I am so god damn sick of simplicity fag pieces of human garbage acting high and mighty because they think they absence of putting effort and work into a drawing is some holly grail of being a artist.
>>
>>83971217

Just turn his skirt into pants. Doing Darkseid is that easy
>>
>>83970935
She's insanely hot.
>>
File: Harley Neck Bomb Time.jpg (98 KB, 1365x570) Image search: [Google]
Harley Neck Bomb Time.jpg
98 KB, 1365x570
Heathens by twenty one pilots - Suicide Squad soundtrack. New Suicide Squad footage.
>>
>>83971064
I'm not sure, but if the JL logo is at the top then probably?
>>
>>83971255
Eh, I don't like it. I just forgot what he looked like, since I did read Azz's WW.

Orion does look pretty damn good though, I have to admit.

>>83971292
Some characters don't need all that much detail, Anon. Jesus christ.

>>83971293
Exactly. The omega symbols look great too imo.
>>
>>83971292

Less is more. Eat a dick
>>
>>83971308
Forgot the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UprcpdwuwCg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>83971292
>absence of putting effort and work into a drawing
>he thinks simplicity is a lack of effort

holy fuck you don't know shit about art
>>
>>83971346
Don't want to watch the whole thing, what's new about it?
>>
>>83971360
Judging from his posts, he doesn't know much about anything at all.
>>
>>83971231
Fuck YOU, cocksucker. You can lick my balls. There is nothing of the real Superman in Snyder's mopey, murderous asshole. I hope WB has their dick inserted firmly up Snyder's rectum. I hope he has no artistic vision at all in this movie. That's what he deserves, to be shackled and chained. He deserves to be a puppet on steel strings after the garbage he's doled out in the past two movies.
>>
>>83971428
This post is why nerds have such a bad reputation.
>>
>>83971380
Captain Boomerang pisses in his own mouth. A true Australian patriot.
>>
>>83969730
>Amy Adams and Jeremy Irons are returning as Lois Lane and Alfred Pennyworth, who help the Justice League throughout the movie.
Lovely
>>
>>83971293
>Just turn his skirt into pants. Doing Darkseid is that easy
Nah, they should turn him into a smoke cloud monster.
Modern audiences can't take a giant man in a purple suit seriously.
>>
>>83971488
Real talk, nerds aren't even as bad as a lot of other subcultures.
>>
>>83971428
lmao, I can't imagine being this assmad over Superman.

You're a fucking degenerate.

btw, Snyder clearly appreciates Superman more than you as he doesn't go online being an assblasted faggot about him.
>>
>>83970043

Looks like Steppenwolf is the main villain of this one. They're holding off on Darkseid.

I think this is a good compromise, still have a serious Fourth World-related threat involved, without having Darkseid job so quickly like how Justice League Origins in the New 52 went.

It's going to be interesting to see how they balance it (or if they manage to fuck it up) because on one hand you have a lot of humor coming from these different characters coming together and trying to figure out how to work as a team, and on the other hand it sounds like Anti-Life is really starting to fuck with the planet.
>>
File: SteppenwolfDCAU.jpg (17 KB, 139x312) Image search: [Google]
SteppenwolfDCAU.jpg
17 KB, 139x312
>>83971412
Yes because wanting to see horrifying badass sci-fi monsters fight the League instead of whatever the fuck the silly crap in pic related is equals being uninformed in some manner.
>>
>>83971554
Fair point, sports fans are way worse. Nerds do seem to be getting ever more obnoxious though.
>>
>>83969773
>JUSTICE LEAGUE will be "lighter, funnier", "more fun and upbeat" and "more kid-friendly" than BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.
Finally
>>
>>83971533

I didn't like Adams as Lois in MoS but I appreciated that she actually contributed to the plot well in BvS and I wanted to see more investigative shit with the Daily Planet.

Irons-Alfred was goddamn perfect and I'm happy he's coming back to reprise his role.
>>
>>83971583

>Sports fans are way worse

NNNNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!
>>
>>83971428
>There is nothing of the real Superman in Snyder's mopey, murderous asshole
1.) Self defense and defense of others isn't murder.
2.) Saves 7-8 billion lives 3 times = Asshole? All because he isn't smiling?
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>83971557
Snyder is an objectivist, he is philosophically incapable of appreciating Superman because he doesn't understand altruism.
>>
>>83969730
>a prologue which will probably be more interesting than the movie
Hell yeah the real MoS 2
>>
>>83971428
Why so edgy, bro?
>>
>>83971616
There's never been actual riots over capeshit.
>>
>>83971620
>he doesn't understand altruism
Did you literally not watch the movie?
>>
File: guardians-of-the-galaxy-thanos.jpg (105 KB, 740x480) Image search: [Google]
guardians-of-the-galaxy-thanos.jpg
105 KB, 740x480
>>83971539
>Modern audiences can't take a giant man in a purple suit seriously.
But notice how they can take pic related seriously.

>>83971572
>I think this is a good compromise, still have a serious Fourth World-related threat involved, without having Darkseid job so quickly like how Justice League Origins in the New 52 went.
I actually agree with this though I'd prefer they went with someone else.

>>83971579
Jesus, do you even care about the source material? Every post you've made has indicated that you don't seem to care about DC very much.
>>
>>83971579

Making a character look horrifyingly monstrous is an easy visual shortcut to illustrate that they're evil and powerful, but a lot of the New Gods's effect as characters comes from the fact that they resemble humanity but on a larger, more epic scale.
>>
>>83971620
Superman literally gave his own life to save the planet.
>>
>>83971583
Thank you. Sports culture is infinitely worse. Jocks are probably altogether way worse than nerds are.
>>
>>83971620
Clearly based on you unequivocally deep understanding of "objectivism" and Snyder's own deeply held and private beliefs, you surely proved me wrong.
>>
>>83971655

Soccer is just an excuse for the violence to be honest
>>
File: darkseid_junk.jpg (85 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
darkseid_junk.jpg
85 KB, 399x400
There is nothing wrong with the skirt, it looks regal. You just have to give him pants under it.

This 'look' is perfect, just give it texture.
>>
>>83971661
>I actually agree with this though I'd prefer they went with someone else.

Like who?
>>
>>83971380
It's a fucking Youtube vid, you lazy faggot. Fast forward the bits that aren't movie scenes. Watching the entire thing also just takes three minutes.
>>
>>83971661
Pretty sure no one has paid Thanos much mind yet, will have to wait for Infinity War to get the audience read on him.
>>
>>83971619
I like how Snyder defenders latch onto "b-but he saved the world" as if most movie superheroes haven't done that while also being faithful to the comics.
>>
Hopefully Tom Cruise jumps on Steppenwolf
>>
>>83971690
You've said absolutely nothing.
>>
>>83971678
>but a lot of the New Gods's effect as characters comes from the fact that they resemble humanity but on a larger, more epic scale.
They're literally gods that reflect human culture. They SHOULD look more or less human with a few exceptions.

>>83971709
Starro, the White Martians, maybe Despero, or even Amazo if they didn't already do the "mad scientist creates unstoppable monster the heroes have to defeat," in BvS.
>>
>>83971620
Superman is the absolute pinnacle of altruism in MoS and BvS. Snyder made this clear in MoS interviews that he wanted Superman to save people without thanks simply by his nature, and it's everywhere in the movies. The entire edgelord world you guys hate so much treats Superman so poorly and yet Supes is 100% ready to give his life at every opportunity.
>>
>>83971678

Except that all the Apokolips New Gods look like they come out of some BDSM dungeon so even though they're human looking they're still clearly evil. Never mind Darkseid being a red eyed rock monster
>>
Anyone else disappointed that Willem Dafoe is just doing Vulko? I expected he was going to be playing a New Gods character.
>>
>>83971731
...I can actually see it, fuck.
>>
>>83971572
"Justice League totally isn't a two-parter guys, it's a standalone film! We're not overextending ourselves on a shaky foundation!"

The first film is an invasion by Darkseid's minion. The second is Darkseid.

It's a two parter. And given Snyder's amazing ability to structure films -- it'll probably be structured like one. Lots of character arcs not given resolution until the second film.
>>
>>83971741

I think it wouldn't work well to lead so heavily into Fourth World shenanigans in BvS only to back off of it and have an unrelated threat in JL immediately following it. They got good anticipation building with Anti-Life introduced to earth (thanks Lex), Darkseid on his way and Batman's knightmare sequence. I want to see that followed up on.
>>
>>83971773
You know the REAL reason he's saying that is that he's begging WB not to fire him, right?

"Justice League" is essentially his Hail Mary. He's cocked it up twice now and this movie is him trying to convince Warner not to can him and get someone else for Part 2.
>>
File: 1466461124509.jpg (218 KB, 858x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466461124509.jpg
218 KB, 858x1200
>>83970949
>Meanwhile, Snyder made sure to give Batman all the complicated emotional underpinnings and thematic layering he could. How convenient. But he still loves Superman you guys!

Actually, it was Ben himself that directed AND rewrotte all the Batman scenes. This is why they were the best part of BvS
>>
>>83971753
>Anyone else disappointed that Willem Dafoe is just doing Vulko? I expected he was going to be playing a New Gods character.
He wouldn't be a bad Darkseid actually.

>>83971822
True, they're too deep into this now unfortunately.
>>
>>83969792
>>83969808
So it's pretty much confirmed that this flash is based off of Wally.
>>
>>83971773

Yeah, overall I'm pretty positive about what we heard today... except for the fact that they're separating the movies out and billing this one as a standalone story. I don't trust Snyder or the editors on board to be able to combine and shave down everything that they need to into a coherent movie.
>>
>>83971750
So make them cenobites?
>>
>>83969750

Jesus Christ, is that supposed to be Steppenwolf?
>>
>>83971848

Who the fuck cares, that's how they handled JLU. Both versions of the Flash are fine.

It's just an AU.
>>
>>83971661
>Jesus, do you even care about the source material? Every post you've made has indicated that you don't seem to care about DC very much.
I don't care about Dc just because I don't want Darkseid to have exposed legs? Really?

I genuinely like Steppenwolf's new 52 design but again its too similar to Ares and I care alot more about Ares being faithful then I do Steppenwolf.
>>
>>83971865

Guess so. At least how he appears in the Kryptonian archives. They may go the Final Crisis route and have the New Gods take on human avatars on Earth.
>>
>>83971852
>I don't trust Snyder or the editors on board to be able to combine and shave down everything that they need to into a coherent movie.
They couldn't do it for his previous two efforts.

Of course maybe we'll get a real hail mary pass and Justice League 2 will end with Doctor Manhattan showing up to squish Darkseid.
I'd actually cheer if they did THAT.
>>
>>83971709
>Like who?
Not him but Ocean Master and Throne of Atlantis would have been nice.
>>
>>83971879
Except the problem is that now there is no reason to introduce Wally.
>>
>>83971937
They'll fix him to be Wally in dubbing. Chill.
>>
>>83971724
But it was faithful to the comics, just not the campy silly ones.
And his saving the world had more weight and power to them as he had to actually make sacrifices to accomplish it.
>>
>>83971841
>Actually, it was Ben himself that directed AND rewrotte all the Batman scenes.

literally lmao'ing at your autism
>>
>>83971841
Thats not true
And delete your gay offtopic anime image too
>>
>>83969773
At this point they're building a castle in a swamp.
>>
>>83971848
Yes, and by Wally I assume you mean the one from the Justice League cartoon, who was an amalgam of Barry, Bart, and Wally.
>>
>>83969792
No please no, tell me this is just some new form of psychological torture.
>>
>>83971893
>I don't care about Dc just because I don't want Darkseid to have exposed legs? Really?
I don't want Darkseid to have exposed legs but at least I don't him in whatever the hell you wanted him in.

>>83971933
This, actually. That wouldn't have been bad at ALL.

Especially since the Aquaman movie isn't going to be an origin movie. Getting his origin done in the JL movie, setting up for the Aquaman movie, that would be great.
>>
>>83971931
>They couldn't do it for his previous two efforts.
But their was absolutely nothing incoherent about MOS.
>>
>>83971931
>They couldn't do it for his previous two efforts.

As much as I enjoyed BvS and will defend a lot of parts of it, I won't defend the schizophrenic editing. I think the movie works fine as it is, but many aspects of the characterizations could be reinforced with scenes that seem to have been cut from the theatrical release, and the plot itself jumps around in a way that can make it hard to piece together how characters react, plan, or change throughout the movie because it can be tough to get a bead on how events progress from each other.
>>
>>83971979
>At this point they're building a castle in a swamp.
MEANWHILE IN THE LOUISIANA BAYOU...
>>
>>83972052
Its insane to me that people had such a retarded time following the film, the events flowed just fine to me.
>>
SNYDER STOP FUCKING PUSSYFOOTING AROUND AND GIVE US FUCKING SUPERMAN

GIVE US TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY

WE'VE HAD THREE MOVIES TO SET UP HIS SHIT

HE'S FUCKING HAD TO DIE AND COME BACK TO LIFE

ENOUGH

IF HE DOESN'T SHOW UP WITH A SMILE AND A WINK AND EATING A FUCKING HOT DOG WHILE SITTING ON A CLOUD, WE FUCKING RIOT
>>
>>83972098

Eh, I guess I worded that poorly. It's more like it's tough to figure out the intervals between different scenes?
>>
>>83972129
Fair enough.
>>
Snyder is an odd bird.

He claims to like comics, but then either misses the point of iconic stories, misrepresents characters, and dismisses criticism.

It's almost like he prefers the vision in his head of what he thinks these characters should be, rather than how they portrayed.
>>
>>83969856
well it might be a demon/angels thing where New Gods(Angels) will be human like while Darkseid and his goons are terrifying monsters
>>
>>83972165
>It's almost like he prefers the vision in his head of what he thinks these characters should be, rather than how they portrayed.

It's a medical condition called "Being a film director."
>>
>>83972209

That's just bone-headedly unsubtle enough to be plausible.
>>
>>83972098
Yes, it's a gibbering masterpiece.
What were Lex's motivations? Did Wonder Woman have any plot at all, or was she just a Summon from a fighting game? Batman being an autistic xenophobe. "Martha!" Batman killing people. Literally stopping to tell the audience "no one lives HERE!" What did Lois do in the 3rd act? Why drop the spear to retrieve it?

I know the answer is "religious symbolism involving the anointing of a spear," but that's the fucking PROBLEM! The actual sequence of events is usually quasi-coherent, but the question of WHY the events happened that way is LOOMING! Time and again events happen becausse the movie needs them to. Batman is an a-hole because the movie needs him to be or there's no plot. Lex gives manic/gonzo monologues that articulate no actual philosophy and has no reason to create Doomsday other than because the plot needs him to.
What are the motivations of ANY of these characters? Why does Clark hate Batman at the beginning? WHY DOES CLARK HATE BATMAN?

Oh right... BECAUSE HE NEEDS TO HAT BATMEN IN ORDER FOR THE PLOT TO HAPPEN. JUST LIKE BATMAN NEEDS TO HAVE A CHILDISH, IRRATIONAL AND *UNTHINKING* HATRED OF BATMAN. AND EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO ENABLE THIS LACK-OF-THINKING.

Idiot Ball: The Movie.
>>
>>83972328
It's a big dumb movie about emotionally malformed people being dumb.

(Oh yeah... and these are all supposed to be some of the smartest people on Earth.)
>>
>>83972328
>What were Lex's motivations?
To kill or disgrace a being that represented a God that abandoned him, and eliminate a power that challenges his own.
>Did Wonder Woman have any plot at all
Yeah she abandoned the world of men a century ago, her plot is about deciding that the world is worth saving.
>Batman being an autistic xenophobe. "Martha!" Batman killing people.
Batman sees Superman as a potential threat, but also as an existential threat that makes his lifelong fight against crime meaningless. Batman hates him for this. The Martha moment is just a recognition of their shared humanity. And Batman killing people is about how messed up he got after the Joker killed Robin.
>>
>>83972456
>And Batman killing people is about how messed up he got after the Joker killed Robin.
you had me and you lost me

even Snyder himself said he just killed by accident or proxy i might be using the wrong term
>>
>>83972456
>>83972328
>Lex gives manic/gonzo monologues that articulate no actual philosophy and has no reason to create Doomsday other than because the plot needs him to.

Lex hates Superman for the reasons I stated in previous post. He creates Doomsday to kill Superman because Batman failed to do so.

>Why does Clark hate Batman at the beginning? WHY DOES CLARK HATE BATMAN?

I'll give you that one, it's not really clear in the theatrical, but in the Ultimate cut Clark sees the human toll of Batman's grief fueled rampage.
>>
>>83972482
>even Snyder himself said he just killed by accident or proxy i might be using the wrong term

Robin was killed by accident? Then why does he have the Joker's graffiti all over his costume?
>>
>>83972576
How can you misunderstand such a simple sentence so badly?
>>
>>83969773
>The previously announced JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 has been scrapped for the moment. While it is still in development, the originally slated release date is no longer in function.
They should have had the foresight to do this with BvS.

Fucking Snyder.
>>
>>83969792
This scene sounds terrible. I don't want DC to become lighthearted like Marvel. I think DC has always had a darker tone in the comics and the movies should reflect it. BVS was a bad movie, but not because it was dark. Its like saying Deadpool was good because it was rated R. I think studios truly don't know what a "good" movie is so they force trends into all their movies in the hopes it loosens a few extra dollars from our pockets. Fuck this movie. Not interested at all unless the trailers look amazing.
>>
>>83972694
Oh I see, he still brands people. Which I take to be something that started after Robin was killed. And which he stops after Superman dies.
>>
>>83969792
Sounds good, apparently Miller ad libbed a lot of it.
>>
>>83972328
>Literally stopping to tell the audience "no one lives HERE!"
You wanted them to be concerned about the collateral damage and when they do show concern about it your pissed.
FUCK!
YOU!

>Why drop the spear to retrieve it?
She hid it to keep it from being easily found by people who she would not want having a way to kill the man she loves.
She retrieved it because its logical it could kill DD if it could kill Clark.
>>
>>83972728
Ahahahaha they took it away! They aren't going to let him direct Part 2 unless Part 1 does well! They HAVE learned their lesson.
>>
>>83972537
>I'll give you that one, it's not really clear in the theatrical, but in the Ultimate cut Clark sees the human toll of Batman's grief fueled rampage.

Batman, Lex and Superman all project themselves onto the others, and it's where most of the conflict comes from

>Batman sees all his failings as a hero in Superman (being unable to protect those closest to him, gradually growing more distant from the rest of society and resorting to increasingly brutal means to accomplish his goals)
>Superman tries so hard to present himself as a hero trying to help, who is concerned and cares for all of humanity, is frustrated by a guy who operates outside of any authority or concern for people's well being and gets off scott free with no oversight or scrutiny by the media.
>Lex either assumes everyone is just as corrupt and morally bankrupt as he is, or is too weak to be below his concern. This allows him to easily manipulate Batman (who is starting to become just as callous towards other people's lives and obsessed with defeating Superman as Lex is himself), but upon finding himself unable to corrupt Superman or force him to compromise his own public appearance by killing Batman, attempts to just destroy him outright to prove his superiority.
>>
>>83972328
I think Clark hates Batman because he views Batman as an insane, dangerous vigilante, which he is. Batman hates Superman because he has a little man complex and needs to have a trump card for everything amd cant stand the thought of an alien that he couldnt stop if he wanted to, even though that alien is a good guy. Batman is actually a huuuuge dick in that movie. And pretty crazy.
>>
>>83972887
Yeah good points.
>>
>>83972964

Really the main conflicts of this movie can just be summarized by saying "people tend to project their own expectations/fears/beliefs onto other people without regarding them as individual human beings"

It's why people don't accept Superman as a hero. It's why Batman is obsessed with defeating Superman. It's why Superman is extra disgusted by Batman's means of crimefighting, and it's why Lex is completely incapable of understanding altruism.
>>
>>83969750
>Batman has a submarine which Wonder Woman and him use to journey to Atlantis.
Batman/WW confirmed canon in movies and I love it.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 384x384
>>83969691
>>JUSTICE LEAGUE will be "lighter, funnier", "more fun and upbeat" and "more kid-friendly" than BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

I hate every single fucking one of you who pissed and moaned about BvS.
>>
>>83973567
But it was complete shit.
>>
>>83973567
Why would you not want the DCEU to be like the comics?
>>
>>83971879
I don't like Barry as comic relief
>>
>>83973596
There has never been a super hero movie ever that is like the comics. This is just a myth to pass off and deflect criticism when every single super hero movie since the 2000's has been the same formulaic film shit. Doesn't matter if it's gritty or lolsorandumb, it's all the same shit.
>>
>>83973596

Because some people have mental handicaps and need physical images to reflect their projected maturity to the world. These people also generally can't communicate outside of spamming meme frogs.
>>
>>83971611
>contributed to the plot well in BvS
yeah, being a damsel in distress again 3 times just like in MOS
>>
>>83973717
I meant more like* the comics. At least tone and character wise.

DC capes aren't all grim and brooding people that think being a hero is a chore that's Marvel heroes The DCEU can still tell serious stories, but they need to get the charters and the tone right by making them MUCH more like their comic counterparts.
>>
>>83970024
They arent cracking jokes in the middle of fights yet

So no, it is is not
>>
File: hall jorgen.jpg (156 KB, 598x917) Image search: [Google]
hall jorgen.jpg
156 KB, 598x917
>Kratos Woman
>quipster Flash
>no Green Lantern
>no Martian Manhunter

I'm so done with movies. What are they fucking doing? I'd accept stupid Cyborg if they at least had Green Lantern.

And what's extra stupid is Hal is the one who actually is a quipster.

Why do so few people just read the damn comics instead of subjecting themselves to this crap? Do people just not read anymore?
>>
>>83973596
Why do idiots think comics are wacky tongue in cheek technicolor cartoons?
>>
>>83970357
I thought Ares was Sean Bean.
>>
>>83970524
>But even still, it's bad because Steppenwolf has NEVER looked like that
>the least they could do is get him right

Steppenwolf's whole fucking thing is that he's so generic and minor background character that his design literally keeps changing nearly every time he appears in a comic. What even counts as his "right" form? The green Renaissance Robin Hood cosplayer look? Earth-2 "oh look I have horns" look that existed for like a year before getting killed off?
>>
>>83973942
>adding in a couple of quips turns the movies into
>wacky tongue in cheek technicolor cartoons
fuck off.

the comics DO have plenty of quips, especially when characters like the Flash interact casually with other heroes.
>>
>>83973567

Fuck off you stupid faggot. No one here has the power to effect decisions over at WB.
>>
File: 428174-04.jpg (30 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
428174-04.jpg
30 KB, 852x480
>>83969750
>Batman
>Batcave
>Batmobile
>Batarangs
>The Crawler a.k.a. The Spider-Spelunker

I swear to God, if that submarine isn't bat shaped.
>>
>>83969691
Are they going to let cyborg have at least some expirence under his belt before throwing him into combat against darkseid this time. That's somehow the thing that bothered me most about cyborg on the justice league realistically he should have fucking died
>>
>>83969720
>grievances with both the surface world and Themyscira
Has problems between Themyscira and Atlantis ever been a thing before because it sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>83974111
>king shark appears
>"uuuummmm Bats....you wouldn't happen to have any bat shark repellent would you?"
>>
>>83970871
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT ADAM IS COOKING, BILLY?
>>
>>83969720
There going to need to do some pretty fucking impressive stuff with cyborg visualy to justify full cgi
>>
>>83974172
The Rock as Black Adam is going to be so fucking spot on. I'm going to love it, I know it.

That's assuming everything goes according to plan and the movie is made.
>>
>>83971630
Hopefully it won't have the pacing issues that the Krypton stuff had
>>
>>83974181
well they did say that he grows 2 extra arms when fighting and can turn them into guns.
>>
File: cyborg-batman-vs-superman.jpg (55 KB, 578x584) Image search: [Google]
cyborg-batman-vs-superman.jpg
55 KB, 578x584
>>83974181

You haven't seen the leaked costume test?
>>
>>83971255
His armor is like Barda's.
>>
>>83974131
>That's somehow the thing that bothered me most about cyborg on the justice league realistically he should have fucking died

All he basically does is appear, and boomtube Darkseid away.
>>
>>83974202
I want more than anything for the Shazam movie to end the same way as the animated special
>"come one say it"
>"just one word"
I'd whip it out right then and there.
>>
>>83974231
borg life
>>
>>83969792
Did you take the Civil War scene when Tony meets Peter and rewrite it for Flash and Batman?
>>
>>83969730
>Mullet on supes confirmed
>Why the fuck would lex fucking luthor be in arkham you could barely get him into a metropolis asylum he belongs in bel reve
Come to think of it maybe this means bel reve gets destroyed in suicide squad you can't really stick lex in black gate or anything like it so the next best thing is arkham
>Since when does meras costume fuse with her
>Will be interesting to see what role vulko has this time around odd that orm is apparently not in this prologue.
My theory is it will be a story of Atlantises history judging by the mention of the old king probably Orin (odd they don't have anybody for shalako though) and then the aquaman film will cover the stuff with orm in its prologue before skiping ahead to a manta plot. (Or possibly just be outright set before justice league)

I'm really excited to see what happens with orm this time around it sounds like vulko is less evil this time round
>>
>>83974214
It sounds like the injustice game where his tech grew and shruck. Or teen titans.
>>
>>83969750
I don't know why people are so bothered by stephenwolf
Glad to see there willing to go a little campy with bat vechiles.
>>
>>83972887

This post should be turned into a pasta or screencap, because i'm tired of discussions about the characters motivations in such a fucking simple movie.
>>
>>83974202
What pleases me the most is that Billy and Adam will team up and fight someone else.
>>
>>83973717
Spider-Man 2 is Lee's run on Spidey in cinematic form.Captures the tone and characters perfectly.
>>
>>83969773
>JUSTICE LEAGUE's prologue details how an alliance between Humanity, Atlantis and Themyscira, aided by the Old Gods, repelled an invasion to Earth masterminded by Darkseid in pre-historic times. During the battle, Darkseid's secret weapon, the Mother Boxes, were left behind and the Old Gods elect to divide them between the three realms and prevent them from ever being united. A war then erupted between Themyscira and Atlantis, leading both to abandon Humanity.
Early humanity somehow beating odd the forces of darkseid
It's going to be hard to justify that one
>Steppenwolf arrives on Earth to retrieve the Mother Boxes, which become a powerful weapon capable of subjugating entire worlds once united. He is a loyal soldier to Darkseid, subjugating worlds across the galaxy to Darkseid's will, and a formidable warrior who wields a massive scythe.
Oh god that's horrible does synder even know what a fucking motherbox is I bet they won't even go ping.
>The mythology of the Old Gods and the New Gods will be explored.
Does this mean there finally going to release the original old gods content on comiXology
Translation: we spent to much time and money on sunsets crap to start again we will fix what we can wilth this and find a way to puzzle it out in the next one.
>>
>>83971937
>no reason to introduce Wally.
Thanks god, is enough with Wallyfags in comics...
>>
>>83974425
Oh also
>>83969773
I'm tentatively pleased with this development but it may be easy for them to go overboard the kid friendly line in particular makes me worried they won't treat an apokalips invasion with the respect it deserves.

Then again kid friendly seems to be changing fucking mlp just had a character attempt suicide and the tmnt movies had that fanservice parody at the start.
>>
>>83974358
>I don't know why people are so bothered by stephenwolf

Because you have to find something to bitch in a DCEU thread
>>
>>83974425
>It's going to be hard to justify that one
Maybe humanity is descended from the Kryptonians on Kara's scout ship that crashed thousands of years ago.
>does synder even know what a fucking motherbox is I bet they won't even go ping
I'm gonna hope there's something special about these Mother boxes in particular which makes them special since the New Gods should be able to make more easily.
>mfw we'll never year a Mother box say lex lex lex lex lex
>>
>>83973972
I say fuck it, make Steppenwolf an actual wolf.
>>
>>83969792
Bruce revealing his identity is a bit crap and we aren't even getting the hilarity we got with green lantern in the new 52 from it but this scene is otherwise great.
It looks like they are going to be able to have comedy without fucking up to much of the tone outside those scenes
>>
>>83974531
Dog with shifty eyes?
>>
>>83969808
Glorious.
People were worried about the comedy but it looks like they are being careful with it I just hope they remember to have a solo where the fuck did he go scene with batman
>>
>>83969824
Neat
>>
>>83971773
That implies Superman's arc was given resolution in BvS
>>
File: 1463903970387.jpg (9 KB, 205x286) Image search: [Google]
1463903970387.jpg
9 KB, 205x286
Why is it still NO Green Lantern??
>>
>>83970024
The problems people have with marvel humor is quips in the middle of fights.
Now that they have spidy they don't have to spread them around as much anyway
>>
>>83974641
give based cereal king time
>>
>>83974641
Just you wait, one day we'll get Sinestro Corps on the big screen.
>>
>>83970077
Yeah the humor of justice league is shaping up to be like the humor of suicide squad we will have to wait until the movie to see how well they balence it.
>>
>>83974641
Because he's getting his own movie and might be in JL2.
>>
>>83974614
It's amazing how it's going to take at LEAST three films to get Superman to where he usually is after a single issue of the usual origin retelling.
>>
>>83970372
Ok if the alliance that beat darkseid last time turns out to have the demon knights at the center off it I will forgive that retardation partialy (plus major diversity points for dc)
Also
>^&*()
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1465874417812.jpg (51 KB, 536x720) Image search: [Google]
1465874417812.jpg
51 KB, 536x720
>>83974691
>Cyborg was in a movie before Green Lantern
>Aquaman was in a movie before Green Lantern
>>
>>83970524
>Not him but wanting to go in a lighter direction as a whole doesn't mean that they still couldn't do darker movies. Pretty sure the Batman movie is probably still going to be dark as fuck.
Yeah it's a problem of the fuckup of tones in the last 2 movies means they can't afford a 3rd dark movie in a row yet otherwise yeah things would be darker
>>
>>83974701

Yeah, why doesn't he just walk into the Fortress of Solitude, hang there for couple of years`listening his dad preach him about shit and then walk out, in costume, as fully formed Superman, with everything about him characterwise already being entirely established?
>>
>>83974738
This truly is the blackest night.
>>
>>83969808
>BATMAN: The bad guy's flying monkeys.
How have we almost 150 posts and none about how terrible this line is?
>>
>>83974738
Green Lantern was in a movie before both of them...

And it fucking bombed.
>>
>>83974738
That's how it is Halfag. If movie used John Stewart, star of fan-favorite cartoon, movie wouldn't tank and GL brand would be intact.
This is what people unironically believe.
>>
>>83970548
To be fair I'm not call what you would call the spider thing and the planes lacks bat in the name because it's team base

It better be called the fucking batsub though
>>
>>83974765

how about a black Hal Jordan, and a white John Stewart played by Jon Stewart
>>
File: image.png (145 KB, 250x275) Image search: [Google]
image.png
145 KB, 250x275
> Ezra basically playing Wally

When will Wally West get the respect he deserves?
>>
ITT, autism central.
>>
>>83974738
It wasn't so bad that you need to erase it's existence. It's just that everything off of Oa was just kinda boring.
>>
>>83974784
Only if black Hal Jordan is played by Idris Elba.
>>
>>83974763
It wasn't the fault of the character you know.
>>83974787
When he earns some.
>>
>>83970693
I don't think staro is garbage but he is to risky this early
>>
>>83974798
Make it so.
>>
>>83969730
>>Superman will return in the third act of the movie, and will have longer hair. His role is being kept under wraps
>His role is being kept under wraps

uh, not anymore?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.