[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been out of the loop of comics due to having no internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I've been out of the loop of comics due to having no internet and no money for the last three months, and I have a couple of questions.

First, which pre-Rebirth titles are going to be continuing? I just read this issue of Black Canary and really enjoyed it except for the ending, and was disappointed to find out it's the last issue of the series. Is Constantine continuing? Cyborg and Martian Manhunter? Sinestro? Secret Six? Starfire? Gotham Academy? Batman Beyond? Midnighter? I'm still getting caught up on the last few months of these series.

Second, there's been a lot of new Vertigo series coming out, most of which seem to have writers I'm not really familiar with. Can I get some impressions on which ones are worth reading? Should I start them all from the beginning or do some have jumping on points to try and draw in new readers from Rebirth?

Thanks for answers.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=list+of+dc+comics+rebirth+titles
>>
>>83692746
Come on, man, I just wanted some discussion to go along with it.
>>
Gotham Academy is continuing. Earth 2 is continuing. However, neither will be under the Rebirth banner, as far as we know.

Cyborg will be a biweekly Rebirth series. Batman Beyond will be a monthly. Constantine is being reformatted into Hellblazer, which (based on the DCU Rebirth Special) will likeley have Swamp Thing and other magic/mystical/JLD characters in it.

Starfire will be in Teen Titans. Sinestro will presumably be in Hal Jordan and the GLC. Midnighter will likely appear in Nightwing (based on the preview, he's confirmed for appearing in its Rebirth one-shot, but it's unclear if there will be more appearances). Black Canary, of course, is now the deuteragonist of Green Arrow and a main character of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. Justice League of America is, as far as we know, being reformatted (and, by the way, the last 4-5 issues of JLA have been cancelled and need to be resolicited).

Prez is still getting a second miniseries. Titans Hunt is "continuing" as Titans.

Martian Manhunter is one of the "major" parts of DCYou that isn't obviously going to be a part of Rebirth.
>>
>>83693369
Thanks a bunch. I already read Green Arrow Rebirth and it warmed my heart. Been considering jumping into Beyond now that it looks like Jurgens got the message on nobody caring about shitty older Tim.

Kind of surprised MM is sticking around, too.
>>
As for Vertigo:

The Vertigo relaunch lost some of its steam. Right now, there's only one/two new upcoming books for them (second "season" of Sheriff of Babylon and Joshua Williamson's new book). So, yeah. You can pick something that's ongoing or finished and you'll be fine.

It's very much a "your mileage may vary" thing -- probably to the highest degree that I've ever seen out of Vertigo. (and, if it's not clear, I think that's *definitely* a bad thing). Sheriff of Babylon by Tom King and Mitch Gerads has gotten universal praise by /co/ and the public at large. But everything else.....eh. Which isn't to say it's completely awful, but that you'll rarely find something that reaches the height of old Vertigo.

Most of these newer titles are exactly that -- new. Not even 10 issues in. Pretty easy to get into.
>>
>>83693369
I thought they were bringing the JSA back to main canon. Why are they keeping Earth 2 going? It's a travesty.
>>
>>83692659
>Is Constantine continuing?
The current book is ending and there'll be a new book with an new writer and Moritat on art

>Cyborg and Martian Manhunter? Cyborg is getting relaunched, MMH isn't

>Sinestro? Secret Six? Starfire? Gotham Academy?
Sinestro's ending and its plot lines are moving to Hal Jordan & The GLC. S6 is ending. Starfire is ending and she'll be in Teen Titans. Gotham Academy is continuing as Gotham Academy: Second Semester and right now it's having a crossover with Lumberjanes

>Batman Beyond? Midnighter?
Batman Beyond is relaunching with Terry as lead. Midnighter is ending but Middy will show up in Nightwing

Earth 2 and Dr. Fate are continuing for now too
>>
>>83693618
>I thought they were bringing the JSA back to main canon
The Johnny Thunder stuff in Rebirth would seem to imply so but we don't know what they're doing yet

Abnett basically said that editorial realized nobody liked Earth 2 any more so they asked him to fix it
>>
>>83693618
They must just be letting Abnett wrap things up, there's no way that can be getting even decent sales. Even the diehard JSA fans must have jumped ship long ago.

That said the idea behind E2 is still supposed to be young JSA in modern times, while in main canon they'll either be young in WWII or old in the present, so there is room for both.

>>83693646
>right now it's having a crossover with Lumberjanes
REEEEEEE

>>83693574
Sheriff of Babylon is great and I'm looking forward to catching up on it, but shame about nothing else really standing out. Might pick a couple to read if I'm bored, Suiciders has looked kind of cool I guess.
>>
>>83693728
>Sheriff of Babylon is great and I'm looking forward to catching up on it, but shame about nothing else really standing out. Might pick a couple to read if I'm bored, Suiciders has looked kind of cool I guess.
I enjoy Unfollow, Red Thorn, Jacked and Clean Room

Sheriff is probably the best recent Vertigo book though
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.