[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a cartoon about Rayman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Where's Rayman Thumbnail.jpg (297 KB, 1904x1072) Image search: [Google]
Where's Rayman Thumbnail.jpg
297 KB, 1904x1072
https://youtu.be/MGATLNFrnSw
>>
>>83669245
Here's my thoughts:
-Surpringly fluid animation considering the art quality.
-The sound clips taken from the game were a tad bit too loud, and the original dialogue was a tad bit too quiet.
-Although they were taken straight from the game, the conflicting art style between the Rayman characters and everyone else was slightly jarring. It would be better to draw them next time, even if it wouldn't look as nice.
-Not too great choice of voice clips, I would've recommended Rayman's and Ly's gibberish voice clips from Rayman 2 for Rayman and Betilla, respectively.
-Humor could've been better, then again I'm not a fan of dirty jokes.
-Pacing was a bit too fast, everything was rather rushed. The plot you chose for the episode can't really be done in a 3 minute time frame.

To sum it up, good animating, but your art and writing could use some work. The best solution for art is simply practice. Draw all the time, force yourself to draw, draw until you no longer need to force yourself to, and try to find your own style instead of using shape tools. Most importantly, make certain YOU genuinely love and are proud of it. Put in all the little details and time into making everything, from the backgrounds to the characters, into something you really like. Your animating is actually not too bad, while some things could be worked on, like character lip movements and regular movements, which were extraordinarily stiff, things look well on their way to being nicely animated. Take the sidewalk scene for example, aside from that one meme character, everything in it was pretty fluid and flowed nicely. Which leaves the writing, now I don't know exactly what you're trying to go for tone or style wise, so I can't be too specific, but one suggestion that comes to mind would be to try to think of the best gags and jokes that you really think are great, and animate a story around those. Go wild with your writing, try to be original, and don't forget that animation is a visual medium
>>
>>83669827
so try to incorporate that aspect into things. Make the visuals just as funny as the actual dialogue.

I'm in no way trying to be mean or critical, in fact quite the opposite, I'm giving you this advice so you can improve. Overall, while this doesn't stand out now, it shows a lot of promise, and if you work at it, I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

P.S. Forgot to mention, don't be afraid to use whatever kind of characters you want, even if they're very complex to draw. A great character design can improve everything drastically.
>>
>>83669827
>>83669954
anon I think you took too much time criticizing something that might not be even from the creator. some times dudes just look for low view animations and post them here because they think we would make fun of them or something.
>>
>>83670375
Well they had the same name as the creator, and I assume most people wouldn't put up their own stuff to be made fun of. I just thought it would be nice to make someone's day by paying attention to their work and giving it some of my time and thought.

I get what you mean, though. Usually it's a bit more obvious when that's the case, however. Either way it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>83670539
I think you should post it in his comments section then.
>>
>>83670809
I would but ever since Google+ I haven't been able to figure the system out at all and it won't post my comments
>>
File: 1453766522464.gif (1004 KB, 343x252) Image search: [Google]
1453766522464.gif
1004 KB, 343x252
>>83669245
Look dude, I'll be honest. I'm not sure if you're trying to look autistic, or if you actually are, that's not important. What is important, is that you've actually got a lot of potential.

Here's my advice
1. Stop using characters that belong to other companies and creators. You'll be able to actually monetize you animations if you do that, and all of that ad revenue ads up over time. Keep a sketchbook and try and come up with all kinds of unique characters, and save all of them, even if you don't think you'll ever use them, you'll never know what inspiration may happen.

2. I was surprised in the movement of that beaver looking character. My advice is to create more puppets that work like he does.

3. I'm guessing from the look of the animation, that you used a mouse for all of it. BUY A TABLET. it doesn't have to be really expensive, but I want you to practice drawing out your characters to use for you animations, Eventually I'm sure that they'll start to look better than they do now.

3. Take some time to learn how to paint backgrounds. This stems off from the whole, "buy a tablet thing" a lot of people forget the power of a good background. https://www.youtube.com/user/BobRossInc
learn from the master, and it can really improve your craft.

4. Keep at it. I really want to watch you improve, and become a success. I'm rooting for you, and I've already subscribed.
>>
>>83671260
5. Also, read some books. It'll improve your writing, even your jokes.
>>
>>83671260
>>83671334
Nice job going into depth. That's pretty much what I said, and once again I believe all these points are valid. Don't give up and keep at it!

Sure hope they see these
>>
>>83669245
Make it lewd
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.