[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animation discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 6-steps-of-animation.jpg (266 KB, 1277x719) Image search: [Google]
6-steps-of-animation.jpg
266 KB, 1277x719
Is it hard to animate that sort of 360degree camera movement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ls5K0bSfj0
>>
>>83656926
yes, some people use models to get the shot looking right, but in the video you posted they seems to not use a reference, and that's really interesting.
>>
Background animation is more of a pain in the ass than anything else, any animator with knowledge in perspective(meaning all) could do it but it's triple the work.
>>
>>83656926
I checked the production credits and sure enough this was animated in Japan by TMS. I don't recall ever seeing this kind of animation in American or Western-animated productions.

Here's an opening from 1986/1987 that makes very extensive use of this effect:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj889i_%E3%81%8D%E3%81%BE%E3%81%90%E3%82%8C%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B8-%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-kimagure-orange-road-op-3_creation

>>83657135
Not all animators can do it. There's a lot of things that many animators just can't do even if you give them time.
>>
>>83657505
And to answer the question, I imagine it's very difficult, especially when both the camera and the characters and/or objects are moving. You have to maintain correct perspective, proportions, positions and shading for things that are in motion while the camera is also moving. It also seems like it's difficult to animate straight lines like walls, furniture and cars because inconsistencies stand out more.

I think this effect has been seldom seen in Western animation (as far as I can tell) because animators have a filmmaking approach derived from theatre and early cinema., i.e. flat and stationary shots and with a focus on characters "performing" something (which means the job of the camera is to just capture the performance).

These effects are most often seen in movies, OVAs and openings, which says something about how demanding they are. 3D backgrounds are a different case though.

Here's another good one:
This is probably the most complicated hand-drawn 3D work I know of:
>>
>>83658429
Copy-paste, what are you doing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28l37_you-re-under-arrest-op_fun
>>
>>83656926
>>83657033
>>83657135
>>83657505
>>83658429
>>83658444
The number of animators who can still do this sort of thing traditionally has decreased drastically. Nowadays you're more likely to see the BGs that sweep around or change angle done by CG animation, with the traditionally animated elements (like the characters) plotted to synch up with the BG movements.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.