[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I WANT A BODY JUST LIKE SUPERBOY PRIME'S /CO/ BUT I CAN'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: 1.png (2 MB, 1278x1060) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 1278x1060
I WANT A BODY JUST LIKE SUPERBOY PRIME'S /CO/ BUT I CAN'T REEEEEEEEE
>>
Just look at that shit
>>
You want a giant S burned into your chest?
>>
>>83565726
Eat high protein/medium complex carb.

Cut out noodles, crisps, sugary shit.

All you gotta do is eat less calories to lose weight manigga; and if you eat sources of protein you'll feel fuller for longer.

But wait; you're not full? Eat another source of protein with a complex carb like wholemeal bread.

inb4 people suggest high protein low carb; this isn't a keto diet. High protein low carb always made me hungry as fuck; but by eating high protein with about 2/3 of my calories coming from protein and 1/3 coming from carbs I always feel satisfied.
>>
>>83565726
>>83565762
Start a movement to male SBP more body positive, make sure they know their bigoted ableist character shouldn't exist in 2016.
>>
>>83565726
The only reason you can't is because you're telling yourself you can't.

But you can. It's about balance; if you want reward you gotta work for it. If you want that body you gotta diet and do some lifting; put the work in and you will get there.
>>
kys

>>83565796
Hypothetically how many years would it take me to get to the pic related level? I started gym a few weeks ago and I've got no intention of stopping soon so I'm just wondering.

If you need some additional info I'm 5'10/5'11 , around 79 kg and while my arms and legs are kinda small I have somewhat of a gut. So I'm guessing I'm 'skinny-fat'.

My lifts are pretty shit tho desu. Will that hinder it?
>>
>>83565918
1 year
doesn't really matter as long as you aren't going for body builder aesthetics
>>
Just take some roids and get it in 3 months
>>
>>83565796
>>83565847
>>83565902
>these fucking retards

I'm guessing you guys are from /fit/ the """self improvement""" board. /fit/ has to be one of the better memes on here, because there is no secret, you can't just "keep working out" and expect anything.

What's worse are the actual buff guys that if you try to ask how to bulk up, they just laugh and go "are you doing enough push ups" because to them, its hilarious. The thought of some skinny loser, drinking protein shakes for months on end, burning his body to the limit just to fund these guys ideas.

You do know they're the ones who make an endorse all this shit, just like the shitty kardashians who try to talk about make up and beauty, but had to get plastic surgery to look the way they are? Yeah, same thing.

Don't fall for the joke OP >>83565726
>>83565762 >>83565918

. If you're skinny and past a certain age, your body will biologically try to lock you at one set weight and anyone who tries to say otherwise is uneducated.
>>
He's not even a Liefeldian nightmare of muscles, SBP is totally attainable within a year or two for a normal person. I'm getting some crazy deja vu, has this exact thread been made before?
>>
File: giphy.gif (513 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
513 KB, 500x375
>>83565726
Goddammit, Media! Pushing your unrealistic body expectations, and stomping on my self-esteem!
>>
>>83565935
>>83565942
Really?! He looks like a fucking monster to me.

Do you guys have a pic of real life body that's similar to it?
>>
>>83565956
In case this isn't bait, my brother turns 30 this year and is enlisting in AF. He's a scrawny little Japlet and has put on about 5 or 6 kg of muscle in the last month without even doing all the crazy powder shit.
>>
>>83565726
You can do it, just don't be a pansy: just cook for yourself, avoid fast food, sprint a couple times a week, give up the idea of "dessert" (which is just bribery for stupid children to eat their food), and stop thinking cake, cookies, candy, chips, soda and mac and cheese are food groups. Replace this bullshit with water (lots of water. it's essential), REAL fruit juice (not that Juicy Juice or V8 fruit juice bullshit), more vegetables, and nuts, and hit the weights. Buy your own weights at Play It Again Sports (if your state has one) so you can work out at home on your own schedule instead of having to force yourself to make a trek to a gym where you feel self-conscious. But first: get off your ass instead of just complaining.
>>
>>83565991
It's not about my abs being visible, I also want them to be big like >>83565726

I don't wanna go for the Tyler Durden look desu.
>>
>>83565956
>Excuses: The post

So you are telling me that the body magically produces calories? That if a fat person was locked in a basement on only 1800 calories a day they would stay the same weight?

It's never too late to change. All you gotta do is change your eating habits OP; you don't even need to work out; just count your calories. At 75kg and 5'10" you can eat probably 2100 calories a day and still lose weight without working out. (Providing all you do is sit on your ass all day)

The hard part is feeling full while dieting; to do this you gotta eat high protein. Don't cut out carbs though or you won't feel satisfied after a meal; just make sure if you have 200 calories of wholemeal bread or wholemeal rice you have 300 calories of protein with it.

For example for dinner later i might have

2 x cod fillet with rice

2 x cod fillet - 46protein - 160calories
200 calories of rice.

That'll fill me up and it's only 360 calories; if it doesn't fill me up then I go to my emergency back up plan which is something like a chicken sandwich which is an extra 300 calories but adds another 30grams of protein and it'll definitely fill me.

>>83566016
You can work them out; but unless you have a low percentage of bodyfat you will never see them.

Someone who doesn't workout can get visible abs by losing enough weight; but someone who works out 5 days a week might never have visible abs unless they get to a low enough bodyfat percentage.

Abs are made in the kitchen my nigga.

But seriously; if you want to get in shape and lose weight do high protein/medium carb. Don't go low carb because you'll have carb withdrawl and never feel full. The whole point of high protein is that protein digests slower (which keeps you fuller for longer) and releases the PYY hormone in the stomach which makes you also feel full. Diet is the wrong term though; it's gotta be a permanent life change. Easy to lose weight; harder to commit to healthy eating forever.
>>
SBP isn't even super /fit/, he's like a football player who decided to spend less time pretending to be hurt and more time in the gym.
>>
>>83566064
>you want to get in shape and lose weight do high protein/medium carb.
I actually want to gain weight m8. I don't think I'm eating enough.

Thanks for te posts so far tho. Screenshotted.
>>
>>83565956
>you can't just "keep working out" and expect anything
I know this is bait but it's sad that some people actually think this
>>
>>83566116
No probs.

If you want to gain weight just eat more junk.

If you want to gain muscle then eat a good 150g of protein a day and start a workout routine. In realistic terms you need a buddy to show you how to workout properly at the gym; or a personal trainer if you can afford it. My expertise is boxing though so I don't really have any advice to give on lifting. Our main fitness workout was circuit training (consisting mostly of bodyweight shit) along with generic shit like pressing.
>>
>>83565956
>. If you're skinny and past a certain age, your body will biologically try to lock you at one set weight and anyone who tries to say otherwise is uneducated.

At least put numbers to your shit and back it up with actual sources.
>>
Go back to /r9k/
>>
>>83566183
I've always been told protein should be up to 30 minutes after a workout, is it better to consume throughout the day instead?
>>
>>83565726
But anon you are just like Prime
You whine, everyone prefers kon-el to your annoying ass, and you're probably forever forgotten while stuck to the source wall as we speak.
>>
I started working out 3 weeks ago.
Been keeping it up since and hopefully i will go from fat to Superboy Prime.
>>
>>83566285
You're gonna be consuming protein with EVERY meal, dude, but the biggest shot will be up to 30 minutes after your workout. For maximum benefits/absorption.
>>
>>83566183
>150g of protein a day
Isn't that really little?
>>
>>83565956

dude i used to the lankiest motherfucker, until i started eating better and going to the gym. its been 6 months and while im still not musclular per say, i feel confident with my shirt off.

hard work pays off, its cheesy i know but its true
>>
>>83566116
>I don't think I'm eating enough.
I'm 5'9", 82kg, lean and muscular. I don't work out all that much, but I'm physically active, and I need to make an effort to eat enough if I don't want to lose weight. So in that situation, turn common dieting advice around. Drink calorie-rich beverages like milk. Choose calorie-dense foods, and snack throughout the day. Include healthy fats like canola oil in things you cook. Soft drinks and junk food have health risks apart from obesity, so while they can be a convenient calorie source, use moderation. For gaining muscle, go for lower reps with higher weight. The superhero shrink-wrapped bodybuilder look comes from starving yourself once you've built the muscle. It's not particularly healthy or sustainable, but you can maintain a decently low body fat percentage for a muscular look by cutting back on calories a bit after you've built up muscle.
>>
>>83566400
Ah alright, that makes more sense.

As a side note, threads like this are neat, I want more "how do I achieve x character's physique" threads guest starring /fit/. In theory, we could prove we aren't /co/mblr because we're actually improving ourselves instead of bitching and moaning about everything.
>>
>>83566423
>5'9
lol manlet
>>
>>83566445
>tfw 5'11"
>tfw still broader shoulders and more defined jawline than most pathetic lanklets

Height isn't as important as masculine features after a certain point.
>>
File: bodylastics-graphic-reviews11.gif (68 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
bodylastics-graphic-reviews11.gif
68 KB, 600x321
>>83566009
>Buy your own weights at Play It Again Sports

You can substitute latex bands if you don't have the space and/or money for a decent set of weights. They're what astronauts use to maintain muscle mass on the ISS because they depend on tension to work the muscles instead of gravity. Plus, like I said, they take up much less space, which is at a premium on the ISS.
>>
>>83565918
Eh, keep at it with some sort of progression. Shift workouts/programs every so often.

Lifts are shit? If you mean poor technique now is the time to improve that, before you start lifting heavy enough to fuck yourself up.

And make sure to sleep enough. That probably means 8+ hours every night. Might be more. Early to bed is good.
>>
>>83565956
This copy pasta is fattening and full of AIDS.
>>
>>83566410
Nope.
You want about 1g/1.5g per pound of lean bodyweight. I weigh about 144lb so I aim for about 100g protein a day, but then thats for satiety and not because I'm lifting. These days my exercise comes from a boxing class once a week and hill sprints/skipping.

Nigga I realized this and I want to share it with you. "Once you get there; then what?"
>>
>>83566435
>letting 4chan memes get to you
.... m8. Who gives a fuck about what the rest of 4chan says. It's not like we're literally censoring anyone. I like /co/ cause it's one of the few balanced boards on this site.
>>
>>83566445
Literally average height. Way above average physical fitness is a much more prominent trait, especially if you carry yourself with confidence (take note, OP). I also lucked out on this stuff >>83566473.
>>
>>83566608
Didn't you hear? The manlet cutoff is whatever height you(the poster)are, minus one inch.
>>
>>83566498
Nasa doesn't use them to get stronger and bulk up: they use them so the body doesn't atrophy from the lack of gravity. For normal, healthy men, they're mainly for maintenance (when you're away from home and can't get to the weights), not gains. You won't gain size or strength NEARLY as quickly as with free-weights. They're more of a rehab/women/"this guy's too frail for actual weights due to cancer/osteoperosis"/stuck in space for a while thing. You could go a year with bands and still look pretty much the same as you do now.
>>
>>83566605
Maybe I've been reading too much uplifting shit lately, but I just like the idea of a board like /co/ actively pushing for improvement instead of becoming a cesspool like most entertainment/media boards. Not particularly booty blasted by anything.
>>
>>83566608
>>83566628
Isn't the manlet cutoff generally 6' since asians are subhumans and ruin the average?
>>
>>83566678
I've been using them for a few months, my arms and thighs are noticeably more muscular than when I started.
>>
>>83566706
Have you ever been to France or Italy?
Manlets everywhere.

Asians are pretty diverse themselves. I'm around the 6'0/6'1 zone and when i went to South Korea I felt average.
>>
>>83566804
The answer to all of that is rapebabies, but you have a point.
>>
>>83565762
I didn't know Mister Sinister was Superman
>>
>>83565726
I never understood the sinestro statue
>>
>>83565726
>actually read this comic back in the day
>didn't remember Anti-monitor doing his b-boy stance in the background
man, remember when Anti-Monitor was a multiverse ending threat that existed beyond space and time? and here he is, just being a big guy in new york harbor for no reason like he's Hank Pym trying to look cool.
>>
>>83565726
it's okay girl, show us your tits instead then.
>>
>>83566858
That universes sinestro corps formed much earlier than in new earth
>>
>>83566708
Weights, you could've improved the results.
>>
>>83566804
Wait, PURE asian w/western diet, or white dad, asian mom?
>>
>>83567031
Don't have the room or money, hence why I mentioned those as selling points for the bands. Those specific ones in that picture, have clips on the ends that attach to handle bands, or flexible ankle straps. Increasing the amount of weight/tension is as easy as clipping more than one band to the handle or ankle strap. The set I bought can produce 202 pounds of total resistance.
>>
>>83565726
was Sinestro Corps War the best event in the post 9/11 DC?
>>
>>83566816
> rapebabies
> in Korea

Koreans were ALWAYS historically tall, even during the Josen dynasty, compared to neighbors because the penninsula was a breadbasket. It is because of colonial occupation and a devestating war that people became extremely impoverished.

If I'm being an autist and you're talking about Italy/France- then I gotta say that you might have a point for Italy but not France.
>>
File: PrimeVAll.jpg (143 KB, 600x552) Image search: [Google]
PrimeVAll.jpg
143 KB, 600x552
>>83567045
100% Asian ofcrse.

>>83567122
Hell yeah.
>>
File: 1459113282212.jpg (262 KB, 680x570) Image search: [Google]
1459113282212.jpg
262 KB, 680x570
>thought it was going to be a PRIME TIME thread
>it's just a stealth /fit/ thread
>>
>>83565762
What are the tubes for? I don't see any purpose for them
>>
>>83567097
If you don't have money by all means go with what you have. Be on the lookout for when you've outgrown the gear though - 200 pounds versus anyone's legs sounds like the legs will win soon if they haven't already.
You may want to consider kettlebells if you find yourself having money but not space. I suggest using completion style bells but as with the straps something is better than nothing.
Barbell is pretty much king though.
>>
>>83567471
I think it's a sex thing.
>>
>>83567471
It's an armour that makes him resistant to solar radiation nigga. Doesn't have to make sense.
>>
File: gamble a stamp.jpg (168 KB, 908x429) Image search: [Google]
gamble a stamp.jpg
168 KB, 908x429
>>83565956

That's not even what comics say.
>>
>>83567766
nigga what it enhances his absorption of solar radiation
>>
>>83565726
Go to /fit/ they'll help ya out
>>
>>83567836
So that bear is going to try and introduce him to the gay party scene, right? Do some pills and just go to town?
>>
>>83567993
Proof?
>>
>>83568664
Oh wait that was a retarded question for me to ask. Dw.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.