[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
Here we go with the questions

About your work:
>Is your work a cartoon or a comic?
>Can you sum up your work in a few lines?
>Can you provide a link to your work?
>When do you expect having finished your work?
>What are the main flaws in your work, according to you?
>Do you spend more time writing plotlines or worldbuilding?

About the work above you:
>What do you think of the work posted just above your own?
>Would you read/watch it if it was in the market?
>What you liked the most and what you liked the least in that work?
>If YOU were the author of that work what would you change?

About this thread:
>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOUR OWN!) is your favorite?
>Are there any questions you would like to add for the next thread?
>>
ill post later. just a sec. maybe tomorrow. dont let this die.
>>
cartoon
>Can you sum up your work in a few lines? contemporary screwball trashy comedy with morals.
i dont know what to f****** write
i spend most my time reading up on story structure, character and the fundamentals of comedy.
About the work above you:
>What do you think of the work posted just above your own?
solid. C:
>Would you read/watch it if it was in the market?
probably so.
>What you liked the most and what you liked the least in that work?
most: sheer desire
least: its not mine.
>If YOU were the author of that work what would you change?
id change my underwear because id have shit my pants knowing im that funny.

About this thread:
>Which work among all those posted in this thread (EXCEPT YOUR OWN!) is your favorite?
the questions work seemed like it took some time and a real conscious effort to establish just exactly what the author wanted to ask.

>Are there any questions you would like to add for the next thread?
yea but i can never think of a good one on the spot. is there room for another cook?
>>
Comic
After a meteor crashes and infects a rural town, the populace develope amazing and frightening abilities. It's part super story, part body horror
Nope
No idea
Could be too edgy or mopey
World building.
>>
>>83451295
Comic
A guy has to deliver some crates for an old man in exchange for gas, and ends up killing an entire biker gang
No
>When do expect to have finished your work?
Never
Almost the entire thing is an action scene, but adding on more story wouldn't make sense
>Do you spend more time writing plotlines or world buidling?
Plot lines
>>
>>83455734
>>83455625
>>83455541
>Three answers
>Not a single link
This is the problem with these threads
>>
>>83455819
>Implying anyone posting here will ever make anything
>>
File: 34778578.jpg (88 KB, 554x755) Image search: [Google]
34778578.jpg
88 KB, 554x755
>>83455819>>83455854
Here's your link.
>>
/watch?v=0ZGNxOwIWl4
>>
>>83455819
I don't use pastebin.
>>
What's most difficult to me about the writing process is putting any real emotion into a character. Like, I can have character A and character B communicating with eachother but under no circumstance can I truly feel a particular emotion for Character A and a different emotion for Character B. I'd just have the same emotion for both characters, my own.
>>
>>83451295

>Neither, it's my I Hope I Live to Finish This
>"Girl summons demigod to help her kill God, they do that, demigod's son has adventures in space, demigod's granddaughter has adventures in alternate realities. Crazysexycoolshit ensues."
>No.
>If I had the ability to work on it 8 hours a day every day? One year to get the first draft. Now? Probably nine years.
>The prose isn't as good as I want it and I'm struggling with the pacing.
>Plotlines.
>>
>>83456258
Let me tell you a secret anon
Emotions are worthless, really. What matters is what HAPPENS to your characters and how they get out of TROUBLE
>>
>>83456349
I see, so its like...
Character A: I'm going to bookstore!
Character B: Yeah cool, but what about the Gorilla?
Character A: Oh my gosh, a gorilla!
Character C: ANIMAL CONTROL! PLEASE STEP ASIDE.

Character C proceeds to take his shirt off & squares up knuckle to knuckle with the ape

Character A: Well that's that, see you at the bookstore!
>>

It's a quest. Sadly there aren't really any other writethreads on any other boards.

A retelling of Neon Genesis Evangelion with a whole new cast. Also with smut.

http://anonkun.com/stories/neon-genesis-evangelion-norma-evangelium-angeli/R2YKzHjJgzSe9N58G/home

I can see it taking me around two years. It's hard to predict because I'm constantly struggling with ADHD and depression and other inhibitors. Still, at the very least I've been consistent about updating every monday, wednesday, and friday, so I can say that even if the updates aren't substantial, I'm still better than Aaron Diaz. I'm really grateful that I've got such an understanding audience.

The cripplingly slow pace combined with the struggle to balance SoL antics with serious drama and smut.

Plotlines, actually. Most of the worldbuilding I did in the beginning and I haven't really messed with since. Instead I think of story arcs and scenes that I want to do in the future and ideas I want to play with.
>>
>>83457113
10/10 Would read adventures of uncaring gorilla punchers.

In all seriousness, it's a matter of getting a good feel for your character's personalities and extrapolating what emotion they would be feeling from there. Think about how their reactions would be different from each other, what they would want in the situation, etc. Or just write and figure out specific emotions later from what you ended up having them do. Different ways for different people.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.