[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential little-sister-core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: unicorn on a roll.jpg (203 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
unicorn on a roll.jpg
203 KB, 400x600
What is some /co/ an anon must share with his little sister?
>Pic related
>>
Fron the tranny who brought you the infamous "boy makes out with his dog" comic!
>>
>>83410228
Phoebe & Her Unicorn is a great series.

Vidia & the Fairy Crown (Disney Fairies) was a fairly good one as well, although I've not read the other Disney Fairies comics to know how they turned out. I'm inclined to stay away from the books, as children's literature tends to be less impressive than children's imagery.

If you do want some literature - depending on age - then Gail Carriger's Etiquette & Espionage series of books is quite good.

If you are looking for animation, then Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir is a quite nice superhero/magical girl mixup in a cartoon. The Tinkerbell movies aren't bad either, and I would certainly recommend The Pirate Fairy at least.
>>
>>83410228
Raina telgemeier comics, el deafo, sunny side up
>>
>>83411458
what are any of those?
>>
>>83411769
Actual comics little girls read. Telgemeier has stuff like smile,drama and sisters. Those comics are some of the highest selling ever.
>>
>>83410228
i have something to share with my little sister

*unzips*
>>
What about Unicron on a Roll?
>>
How old is your sister? Warrior U was my favorite webcomic when I was in middle school. It's pretty kid friendly.
>>
A tip it may seem like a good idea but unless you want her to hate comics stay away from mlp there mostly mediocre to horrible.

Except for friends forever 3 that remains to this day the best comic I have ever read.

Also it may not be age appropriate but fuck it after she's read a bit set her on watchmen everybody should read watchmen as part of an introduction to comics

Some of the bongo comics might be a good idea to
>>
Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade
Lots of Silver Age Marvel, especially Spider-Man and Fantastic Four
>>
>>83412016
>A tip it may seem like a good idea but unless you want her to hate comics stay away from mlp there mostly mediocre to horrible.
I have to agree with this, and I actually like MLP and pick up all the comics. It's very much more geared towards an older audience who would laugh at the silly references, both to old comics and the fandom in general.

Sure, it has funny expressions and silly situations, but I think that most people would wonder why they were even spending the time to pick up 15 pages of silly faces every month. It's certainly more for people already interested in the topic (ponies or comics) rather than trying to attract its own original audience.
>>
Jeff Smith's Bone

>but that's not gir-

It's fucking good is what it is
>>
>>83412158
They do very much show a love for the medium that is unrivaled at times
They overdo it sometimes though and it sure as fuck does not make up for the plots
>>
>>83412207
>It's fucking good is what it is
This. Don't be afraid of "boys" comics or just general comics. Not everything needs to be aimed specifically at little girls. Girls can enjoy superheroes or beating up badguys as much as the next person, after all.

Bone is more the epic adventure style of comics, completely with healthy doses of comedy. Using the actual meaning of epic (large scale adventure and mythos) rather than just the internet definition.
>>
>>83412591
yeah man, people need to be more open-minded
>>
File: gear.jpg (94 KB, 500x770) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
94 KB, 500x770
>>83412207

But it's not little-sister-core. You might as well be recommending Calvin and Hobbes and Gear while you're at it.

>what's some good '90s rock
>Nine Inch Nails
>but that's not what I was looking fo-
>fuck you it's good
>>
>>83414241
Is this anything like neverhood?
>>
File: Gear_1stpages.jpg (1 MB, 1146x831) Image search: [Google]
Gear_1stpages.jpg
1 MB, 1146x831
>>83414303

It's more like edgy Catscratch. Or Catscratch is a neutered Gear, with the border wars and suicidal themes removed.
>>
File: 686.png (266 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
686.png
266 KB, 680x1020
>>83410228
So this is the origin?
>>
File: 1449440981666.jpg (1002 KB, 1604x1500) Image search: [Google]
1449440981666.jpg
1002 KB, 1604x1500
>>
>>83415916
Yes, "that unicorn" is from Phoebe & Her Unicorn. It's not related to MLP, outside some people from that board being fans of Phoebe as well.
Although mostly, it was /v/ talking about her.
>>
>>83418002
because it had the "loss" reference, yes?
>>
>>83418038
I never saw a loss reference, but then again, I tend to ignore or be oblivious to memes for the most part.
/v/ sees loss in just about everything anyways.
>>
>>83410335
you have to let people move on from shit like that
>>
>>83419774
Never!
>>
>>83419791
Let it go, Anon.
This is actually funny and cute.
>>
>>83414241
Calvin and hoobes is good for a young girl
>>
>>83410335
That comic was awesome, in an unintentionally hilarious sort of way. It definitely didn't achieve the creator's goals but it was so bad it was good. I don't get why people hold it against artists for making good things.
>>
If she's in her early teens, the English scans of Les Nombrils (The Bellybuttons) might get her into comics. It's like a French Mean Girls, but it has actual character development from tome 3 on.
>>
>>83421373
i wonder if it was somewhat autobiographical as it seems to be the trend with indie comics
>>
File: 1348140542922.png (588 KB, 600x862) Image search: [Google]
1348140542922.png
588 KB, 600x862
>>83419774
Yeah, I think she basically got to the spaying scene and realized the civil rights parallel she was going for had ended up as some garbled message about either slavery, trans representation, or bestiality.

When it comes down to it, though, Simpson is a top-tier comic author who not only gave us one of the best 00-era webcomics and a good current comic, but a spectacular meme.
>>
>>83424382
moar !! please more!!
>>
>>83411458
Sunny Side Up is good but kind of heavy. The heavy sneaks up on you.
>>
Lou! A French comic in English about a girl who lives with her novel writing,video game playing mom. The chracters age as the series goes on.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.