[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel the premise of Civil War 2 is pretty stupid Rhodes is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 56f05709c9222.jpg (116 KB, 565x850) Image search: [Google]
56f05709c9222.jpg
116 KB, 565x850
I feel the premise of Civil War 2 is pretty stupid
Rhodes is a big boy and can make his own decisions, so Stark should stfu about all that. He's probably more pissed he didn't make a future predicting machine and he can't be the hero anymore.

What they should have done was make the future vision kid see the Phoenix came back and destroyed earth.
He has a freak out and tells the Inhumans.
They try to grab Jean and say, this is for the good of the whole.
They say no and this in turn starts the Civil War. With one side siding with the X-Men and other side siding with the Inhumans.

They could have the Phoenix vision be "real" but from an alternate earth, which would make the Inhumans side have good intentions but ultimately the kid would now be unusable because his visions are no longer reliable. That way you can end the war in a Stalemate and neither side really loses cuz everyone needs to be a winner since Marvel is going hard in ultra neo sensibilities
>>
>>83409660
I think what's even worse is that Tony is blaming the precog for Rhodey's death even though that's fucking stupid. Tony is basically arguing that they should have ignored the precog and let Thanos do whatever he wants, which would have inevitably lead to a bunch of deaths.
If the intel that Thanos was gonna attack had come from literally anyone else, would Tony have blamed the informant? If the GotG had told Carol that Thanos was coming, would Tony blame them if Rhodey had died in the mission?
What's worse is that he has the gal to say "I TOLD YOU SO!" even though that's not what he said at all, his warnings were about Minority Report, nothing to do with someone dying in a mission to stop Thanos.
>>
Naw buddy, Tony has to be the out and out bad guy.
>>
>>83409720
Which is weird, since Tony is the "underdog" and the one who's book Bendis is writing.
>>
>>83409782
Mmmm yeh but look at the cover, he is the least popular character there that isn't sort of protected under the Marvel NOW brand.

You need a hero to fight the others for another poorly though out civil war? Tony is your guy. After its all over everyone on his side can just blag the "We were just following Iron Man cause he is founding avenger we didn't know any better" line they did last time.
>>
>>83409714
I don't understand how anyone could support Stark. He comes across as a massive faggot who is playing devil's advocate just because.
>>
>>83409871
It's pretty much his function, for other (usually younger) heroes to prove them self by outsmarting or being likewise better than.

It's like how for a long ass time Galactus was around just so the new cosmic threat of the week could tea bag him to try and show how much of a big deal it is. Poor writing basically.
>>
>>83409871
Yeah, if the catalyst to the event had been something like the OP mentioned, or anything morally ambiguous or Minority Report-like, I would understand.
But that's not what happened. It'll probably happen at some point, but Tony jumped the gun and started opposing something for reasons tha have nothing to do with morality.
>>
>>83409871
He's being a faggot because his friend is dead, that's it. They haven't even done any fascist Minority Report shit yet, all they've done is fight a cosmic villain they would have fought anyway if they had been informed about his incoming attack in any other possible, and just because War Machine gave his life in their extremely dangerous line of work they all enter into willingly suddenly Tony is spazzing out at everyone.
>>
the Irony is that Tony and Reed during Civil War enacted everything because they "saw the future" through prediction, and deemed the SHRA to be unavoidable and became apart of it due to that alone.

so they imposed their will on the world based on a prediction.. that wasn't even really true.
>>
>>83409919
So just like MCU Steve in Civil War
>>
>>83409660
Why does the lineup look like Mainline comics characters vs. MEMES AN MOVIES
>>
>>83409950
In Civil War's movie there was the home arrest of Wanda at least.
>>
>>83409660
>The Guardians of the Galaxy gave us intel that Thanos was on his way to steal a cosmic cube and Rhodey died after he volunteered to stop him
>What a brave thing he did

>The inhuman precog who predicted the giant monster attack told us that Thanos was coming to steal a cosmic cube and Rhodey died after he volunteered to stop him
>OMG YOU ARE A MONSTER YOU KILLED RHODEY AND THIS IS NO WAY ANYONE ELSE'S FAULT WE ARE A CIVIL WAR NOW HOW COULD CAROL YOU SHITLORDS KILLED RHODEY
>>
>>83409660
They also wouldn't have to kill Rhodes and She-Hulk for shock value
Those deaths were so forced
>>
>>83409714
These are the same people who seem t9 have believed the ghost of Agatha Harkness who had tapped into the foresight of Chthon by eating a cat.

It's fucking stupid.
>>
File: Capt._Obvious.jpg (11 KB, 230x311) Image search: [Google]
Capt._Obvious.jpg
11 KB, 230x311
>>83409660
>I feel the premise of Civil War 2 is pretty stupid
NO, REALLY?
>>
Couldn't they just shoot gamma rays at Jen to accelerate her healing? Did everyone forgot how hulks work?
>>
Can someone storytime? I missed issues 2 and 3
>>
>>83409955
Because you have autism.
>>
>>83409660
They should just have change the bad guy from Thanos to a vilain they can normally deal with , still a worldwide threat but not a cosmic level vilain, maybe MODOK or something like that, and the deaths would be because they went unprepared. With something like that Tony wouldn't seem like a total moron. But no you need to shill the movie so you need to use Thanos.
>>
>>83409660
They're still forcing Carol Danvers down everyone's throat I see?
>>
>>83412363

And apparently they're making Ms. Marvel fight her. Which is fucking stupid.
>>
>>83412221
The first issue just came out. Issue 0 was pretty pointless
>>
>>83409660
it makes me so glad no xmen are involved in this
>>
>>83412736
For the most part yeah.
But if they actually could write their way out of a paper bag. This would have been a good event to get this whole mutants vs inhumans grudge match out of the way
>>
I mean i can sorta understand Tony Stark's POV because these predictions can easily escalate into Minority Report shit is mishandled, but the way it happened is just so stupid

Would Tony rather have Thanos simply kill everything and everyone and take the cosmis cube? What the hell
>>
>>83409660
Tony is right. Why would you side with carol? She is a coal burner
>>
>>83409950
Cap did nothing wrong in the civil war film
>>
>>83413103
That is how the Avengers roll. They only act after a couple hundred people die
>>
>>83413226
>Implying Tony wasn't riding that big black dick too
Why do you think he's so jealous?
>>
>>83413291
If Tony wants to Fuck a nigger that is his prerogative.
>>
>>83409660
Reminder that marvel shat out the idea of CW2 and CW2 itself because they wanted a book with "Civil War" to come out with movie", and that they didn't do any build up to this as a result of rushing it out.
Of course it's shit.
>>
>>83409660
That would have to be called AvX II, not Civil War II. Knowing Marvel though this is probably just lead-up to AvX II and you're so close Marvel wishes they could hire you.
>>
>>83413432
But would be Inhumans vs X-Men
Also different groups and factions could, and should, split up depending on whose side they chose
>>
It's actually kind of understandable RIGHT NOW, I mean, when your best friend just dies you're allowed to act a little unreasonable and blame things/people that aren't necessarily responsible. This is a perfectly decent way for Tony to process his grief.

It's when he's had some time to cool off and doubling down intstead of re-examining what he's doing is when Tony crosses into asshole territory
>>
File: 1410707575619.png (3 KB, 156x166) Image search: [Google]
1410707575619.png
3 KB, 156x166
>>83409660

I don't even fucking understand what they're fighting for this time. As much as I hate Mark Millar, at least it was crystal clear in his Civil War what the dumb fighting was all about.
>>
Not a big Marvel reader so I don't know too much, but Thanos can be put in a cell just like that? Not very threatening.
>>
>>83413658
Yeah it makes sense. But it clearly puts Tony in the wrong. Like it would be very hard for Tony to get anyone on his side given the circumstances.
>>
>>83413809
Yeah. I think they were trying to go with a Minority Report thing but someone shit the bed
>>
>>83413861

Fair point. I mean, putting Darkseid into a cell would be an absurd proposition.
>>
>>83413861
Rhodes and She-Hulk died trying to stop him...
>>
>>83413861
Well, it's a cell that's designed to withstand supernovae.
>>
>>83413809
Best as I can figure:
>Tony thinks the visions might just be possible futures and that they don't even have any reason to trust this guy in the first place.
>Carol thinks that they should act on the visions no matter what.

There seems to have been some minority report stuff in there but frankly none of it made sense in the context of the actual visions. It would have made sense if the vision instead went:
>Rhody has been brainwashed by a bad guy and also turned into a mega nuke. He will destroy the world in 10 minutes.

I just hope this future vision shit doesn't go down in the same way it did on Next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC5ZiK6o7uQ
The story escalates with the situation getting worse and worse until at the very end a nuclear bomb goes off and everybody dies. At which point the movie flashes back to an early scene in the movie where the guy is laying in bed revealing that the entire movie was a vision of a possible future. The movie ends with the guy deciding not to get involved with some chick.
I fucking hated that movie.
>>
>>83409660

Read issue 0 and issue 1, did his death happen off panel or some shit?
>>
>>83414368
Marvel, in its infinite wisdom, decided to have the fight happen in a FCBD issue. A book you could only get on a certain day, and you can't buy anywhere anymore, especially not online.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.