[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Alright, since it's obvious you would have preferred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: marvel-civil-war-jimmy-kimmel.jpg (172 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
marvel-civil-war-jimmy-kimmel.jpg
172 KB, 1200x630
"Alright, since it's obvious you would have preferred to allow a bioweapon to fall into terrorist hands instead of a building being blown up, we have decided not to sign your accords.

Instead, we are all quitting and taking a nice long holiday in Asgard. We'll let you take care of the world without us. If you're right, then the world doesn't need Avengers. We'll know you're wrong when you beg for us instead of accords."
>>
>>83258172
Sokovia Accords are still passed, with a new team of metahumans/mercenaries initially following the Accords but subverting the leaders of the Accords, putting their people in the seats of power and conducting missions that are "legal" but really terrible.
The non-corrupted members left in the Accords make a plea to the Avengers to come back, who have been doing cosmic work, picking up new team members and staying in contact with the street level heroes like Spiderman and Ant Man.
The Avengers come back to see that the New Accords have caused great destruction to innocent countries but due to being a powerful body were able to control media coverage and negatively spin this all on the Avengers for leaving and causing this destruction due to the increase in powerful enemies, even though the New Accords were responsible.
It is up to the Avengers to clear their name, get back public support, and defeat the New Accords.
>>
File: thor_97827.jpg (37 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
thor_97827.jpg
37 KB, 600x300
>>83258422
>The Avengers come back to see that the New Accords have caused great destruction to innocent countries but due to being a powerful body were able to control media coverage and negatively spin this all on the Avengers for leaving and causing this destruction due to the increase in powerful enemies
>>negatively spin this all on the Avengers for leaving and causing this destruction due to the increase in powerful enemies
"Wait there friends, you leave and the midgardian's still do not want you? I think their stance on this matter is very clear.

Come, stay in Asgard. We too have enemies who threaten us, yet here we appreciate bravery and warriors. Midgard is not the only realm under constant threat."
>>
>>83258172
How come the go to argument against the Accords is, 'the UN wishes the Avengers didn't act in their previous situations,' when that's not accurate at all?

You can't know whether any specific incident in the past would have been allowed or disallowed by the UN panel in charge of the Avengers. What we do know is that Ross and T'Chaka both show gratitude to the Avengers.
>>
>>83258626
>Tell me Captain
>Have you ever punched a Frost Giant?
>Samuel Wilson!
>You have not laid with a woman, until you have laid with an elf!
>Tony,my good friend. All we do in Valhalla is drink!

He gets Rhodey by saying that no one knows who Iron Man is, so he can't be one upped on his stories
>>
>>83258940
>not accurate at all
>WC wished NY nuked
>Avengers wished NY saved
Avengers and global leadership have demonstably different goals
>>
>>83258940
>'the UN wishes the Avengers didn't act in their previous situations,' when that's not accurate at all?

Ross shows a video of New York and talks about all the horrible damage they caused.
>>
>>83259390

And pointedly shows a clip of Hulk accidentally causing collateral damage to onlookers.

He's not saying the Avengers were responsible for those events, he's saying they need to be held accountable by SOMEBODY when they fuck up in the course of doing their duty, which is inevitable. Nobody does their job right 100% of the time.
>>
>>83259507
The Avengers are 100% right, except for Tony creation of Ultron, which no one calls him out for.

Meanwhile every government agency is always wrong in every movie including this one.
>>
>>83259507
>He's not saying the Avengers were responsible for those events,
Yes he does. He directly says they are "unconcerned for what they leave behind."
>>
>>83259362
>wsc is the un
Where's Rhodey when you need him?

>>83259390
How does your post conflict with mine?
>>
>>83259656
>"unconcerned for what they leave behind."
"Even your general agrees.

Concern not yourselves for what you leave behind, and fight eternal in valhalla!"
>>
>>83258172
Was it ever made clear if it was the whole UN who would make the decisions or if it was the UN security council, both are terrible but I think the security council might be slightly more terrible.
>>
>>83258172
the MCU needs the X men at this point
>>
>>83262778
No
>>
>>83258172
what the fuck would the world do if none of them were willing to sign, set Blonsky on them?

Literally the most powerful spy organization on the planet couldn't stop one of them, how would they stop dozen of them?
>>
>>83262852
>what the fuck would the world do if none of them were willing to sign, set Blonsky on them?
That's the point.

The Avengers could have avoided SO much shit if they just said "fine, have it your way. No more 'dangerous' Avengers. No more Avengers at all" and let things play out until the people of the world drop it and ask for them back.
>>
>>83262937
I mean, seriously.

Next time an alien invasion happens, or Thanos is marching down times square is anyone going to say:
"Where are the avengers? Oh, they're still not going to sign our accords? Well, we can't have any dangerous loose cannons running about. Think of the collateral damage ! We won't let them act so irresponsibly without government supervision."
>>
>>83262937
But the issue is they want to help people. They're not going to let shit go to shit to prove a point.
>>
>>83263048
> They're not going to let shit go to shit to prove a point.
>>
"Kay, bye! Suckers.

WE THUNDERBOLTS NOW."
>>
>>83263048
Sometimes to help people you have to open their eyes to their mistakes.

Otherwise they'll just keep hurting themselves.
>>
>>83262799
Yes.
>>
>>83259507
Yeah, because Thaddeus MOTHERFUCKING Ross can be counted on to be impartial when the Hulk is involved.
>>
>>83258626
Humans like Captain America would honestly be incapable of stand his own against Asgardian threats. Just look at what Loki did to him with nothing but his superior physical attributes. Humans like Hawkeye and Black Widow would outright die.
>>
File: 1255594761793.jpg (167 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
1255594761793.jpg
167 KB, 550x825
>>83258172
After watching an Iron Man marathon stream I actually sympathize with Tony a little more, always did and I always make an effort to understand where every character is coming from good or bad, but I got a condensed refresher on his character that helped refocus things.

Steve was still in the right on the whole about being weary of where things head, especially given what happened in Iron Man 1 and 2 where defaulting authority to people bit Tony in the ass despite his best interests, but man has Tony been through a lot of bull. I'm not surprised he's just fed up with having to deal with all the particulars of doing good while just trying to be a better person.

It's not even a Sisyphus complex in his world, it's like if you're pushing this one bolder uphill and several smaller ones get dislodged with every step you take as you do causing you to almost lose your footing or hitting someone else down below, AND it could all lead into an rockslide AND this big piece of shit is going to roll down anyway for you to do it all over again.
At some point it's like
>Fuck this. I'm going home.
>>
The conflict just felt so damn contrived

Like, holy shit. People died, yes, and it's very sad, but EVERYONE would have died if they didn't show up. It's that simple. And Wanda sending the bomber up in the sky got some people and an apartment in the blast, but if she hadn't done anything, then the fucker would've just blown in the middle of an even more crowded street. People would have died either way.

Jesus fucking christ, man.
>>
>>83265612
The fact that so many people think that Iron Man was right shows that the conflict is not contrived at all.
>>
>>83265612
Go to any court case when you have free time, the law doesn't give a fuck about the what-ifs.
Also if the suits want powerhouses under their payroll or behind bars they'll inflate any crime they can to get their way.
>>
One thing i'm confused about, were the 5 frozen soviets supposed to be the Red Guardians or something? I'm rusty on my Comic-to-MCU lore
>>
>>83266976
Well the MCU wiki gives one the name Josef, so who knows.
>>
>>83265612
>The conflict just felt so damn contrived
The trigger was Croosbone's suicide bombing. Namely because he died, the grieving relatives had to blame the nearest warm body that is still alive, and that end up being Wanda.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.