[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flashpoint Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
So, I just got finished reading Flashpoint for the first time. I'm a bit confused.

>Who is the cloaked woman in the middle in pic related?

>What happened to Barry in the middle of the panel? Why did it look like he was in pain?

>Is the Flash that talked to the Batman at the end the same Flash in Justice League Vol. 01: Origin?
>>
"Her name is Pandora."
Keep reading Justice League (I guess. Volume 2 sucks. Also everything with Pandora sucks.) She had a short running ongoing. Dr. Manhattan killed her in DC Rebirth
>What happened to Barry in the middle of the panel? Why did it look like he was in pain?
He's being rebooted/Dr. Manhattan stole 10 years of times. That's the same as 2 5s. And that's terrible
>Is the Flash that talked to the Batman at the end the same Flash in Justice League Vol. 01: Origin?
Yes
>>
>>83208107
Pandora, a character who they kept pretending would be relevant by making her appear sporadically throughout the nu52 early on and when it predictably failed she stopped appearing and kind of proved herself nothing more then the ridiculous attempt at making an OC nobody would ever care about important.

She was exploded (seemingly by Doctor Manhattan) in the first issue of Rebirth, cementing her overall irrelevance.

He stubbed his toe on a solid wall of editorial interference and unreasonable demands from a corporate parent company.

No, that would be Wally West (the former Kid Flash back in the 80's and Flash during most of the 90's and early 00's) who was basically erased from existence by Flashpoint and replaced with a similar-named character who was black because they wanted to racially inclusive and thought the best way to do that was creating a poorly-written shitty knockoff version and assuming "he's black now" was enough by itself for the character to be interesting.
>>
>>83208200
Sorry, misread your quest.
Yes, it's Barry in "Justice League: Lee Is Ghostwriting Using his Editorial Privilege".
>>
>>83208226
No, "Justice League: Lee Is Ghostwriting Using his Editorial Privilege" is volume 2. volume 1 is "Justice League: A Treatment for a Justice League Movie spinning-out of the hit movie "Green Lantern" starring Ryan Renyolds"
>>
>>83208226
>>83208183

Alright, the Barry part. I'm probably not going to explain this right because I'm bad at explaining things.
How is the Barry at the end talking to Batman the same as the one in Justice League exactly? Ok, so at the beginning of Justice League, Flash didn't know Batman personally. At the end of Flashpoint, Bruce already knew Barry. So that means Barry woke up in a later point of the New 52 universe, right?
>>
>>83208305
Much like Crisis on Infinite Earths, the events of the Flashpoint happened in the new timeline, but in a different way.
>>
>>83208305
>>83208357
By rewriting the universe he basically rewrote his own memory so as not to confuse new readers.
Turns out, there weren't as many new readers as they thought because comics do not sell that well after all and are very expensive for their low page counts and slow as fuck stories that take half a year to complete a plot no more complicated then the phrase "a thing happens and then the fight some".
>>
File: rebirth.png (247 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
rebirth.png
247 KB, 640x326
>>83208183
>>
>>83208305
The last scene of Flashpoint is set in "the present" while Justice League: Vol. 1 is a flashback to "five years ago".
>>
>>83208753
I can't decide if it's better that "dr. manhattan" is just Lex colored blue or not
>>
>>83208183
>>83208200
I liked Pandora
>>
>>83208107

who were "they" that she was talking about.
>>
>>83208200
When people say "b...but if race doesn't matter, why not make them blacks?" we will always be able to point to Niggerwally
>>
>>83209074
She had potential but they went retarded.
>>
>>83208107
This is the first time i've noticed his suit actually changes to the new 52 style
>>
>>83209107
part of a huge Daemonite invasion storyline that never took off
>>
>>83209107
Daemonites originally, probably retconned to be the Watchmen characters
>>
>>83208107
Rebirth reveals that at that moment, Doctor Manhattan 'stole' ten years from the timeline that was being created
>>
>>83208838
well it makes him look more like classic Captain Atom,
>>
>>83209277
>>83209254
Man, I genuinely forgot Wildstorm characters were given such a huge push early on in the reboot. I think Helspont was the first character to physically knock Superman on his ass.
>>
>>83209461
>Man, I genuinely forgot Wildstorm characters were given such a huge push early on in the reboot
Were they that bad or sells were shit?
>>
>>83209541
Of the New 52 series where Wildstorm characters appeared in, it seems that only Grayson sold consistently well.
>>
>>83209541
Both.
>>
>>83209590
I understand why they did it, but seriously, what did they expect? There's a reason why Wildstorm had gone under the year before.
>>
>>83208107
Batman vs Batman. No joke.
>>
File: Team_7_Vol_2_0.jpg (1012 KB, 1500x2307) Image search: [Google]
Team_7_Vol_2_0.jpg
1012 KB, 1500x2307
>>83209461
You also forgot about that book where Deathstroke, Black Canary, Steve Trevor, Grifter, and Majestic were all part of the same special forces team. And also featured a new version of Hank Henshaw who ended up like the Master from Fallout in a facility that made Fairchild clones or some shit.
>>
>>83209711
Its sales were worse though which led to its early cancellation.
>>
>>83209711
Is this the same Black Canary from Burnsidegirl?
>>
The biggest mistake N52 did was keeping Bart Allen after reboot, but not Wally West.
I mean in flashpoint they even show Bart dying off in the speed force right after giving Barry an inspirational speech. So if any speedster was gonna not show up it should have been Bart.
But then NOPE he was in Teen Titans and the comic was shit and Wally wasn't around and the DC Universe was lesser for it all
>>
>>83210145
Well, least they pulled that "Bar-Torr" shit, so he's not really Bart Allen. I hope a new, actuall version appears at some point, after Barry and Iris get together.
>>
>>83209818
IT IS. I think it was it was mentioned once or twice.
>>
>>83211761
What the fuck happened to her.
>>
>>83212060
Her and her husband along with Team 7 raid Gamorra. He dies and her powers activate.
Then becomes a hero, then a rockstar/hero, I guess.
>>
>>83209074
What exactly? her design? her motives? her backstory? That epic run she had with Grant Morrison or Alan Moore that cemented her as one of the best characters DC has ever done? lol
>>
>>83209111
It's because they know they can't make a new character that is not white and keep people interesed in him.
>>
>>83208107
Wow. I forgot Grifter was featured behind Cyborg and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83212361

Grifter's own series started out as pretty good then turned into a hilarious guilty pleasure when they brought in fucking Liefeld.
>>
>>83212453
I liked the new Fairchild as well, started as a support character to Superboy and then she was quickly forgotten once they actually gave her superpowers... Such a waste of potential
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.