[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DC have announced new creative teams for Aquaman, New Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: TT_Cv17.jpg (473 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
TT_Cv17.jpg
473 KB, 791x1200
>DC have announced new creative teams for Aquaman, New Suicide Squad and Teen Titans to begin in February 2016.

>Dan Abnett and Vicente Cifuentes are taking over Aquaman beginning with February's #49, in what's described as "a new chapter" for Aquaman and Mera. DC's description of the story is as follows: "In the aftermath of the Thule invasion, Aquaman must show the people of Atlantis that he was the target of a conspiracy and earn their trust once more. And no, it’s not going to be easy..."

>February's New Suicide Squad #17 fill feature the new creative team of writer Tim Seeley and artist Juan Ferreyra. "Indentured super villain Harley Quinn has made covert contact with someone outside the walls of Belle Reve prison," says DC's description of the first issue," and this mysterious savior has discovered the secrets of Amanda Waller and Task Force X."

>Lastly, Greg Pak and Noel Rodriguez are taking over Teen Titans, continuing the recent storyline. "With their backs against the wall, the Titans are wanted across the country! Now, Tim Drake must find a way to clear the team’s name while staying one step ahead of the law. But Wonder Girl’s past is also catching up with her and it won’t wait for the Titans’ troubles to calm down."

>All three creative teams begin with February's books

Dan Abnett is probably temporary since Johns already said he was returning sometime in the future.

Seeley in Suicide Squad, eh I dunno. The current team just grew on me and it kinda feels disappointing that they're being replaced so soon. But hey, Seeley is pretty good.

Pak on fucking Titans, if he doesn't fix things nobody will.
>>
>>77514379
>abnett Aquaman
don't really care dude is one of those mostly okay writers with a few good things in his stable
>Seeley Suicide Squad
excited fuck me
>Pak Titans
Pak's getting the titan's curse. everybody's gonna hate him now
>>
>>77514379
>Dan Abnett is probably temporary since Johns already said he was returning sometime in the future.
Okay. Not bad but not terrible either. I'm more interested if he can fix Earth 2 spoiler alert he can't.
>Seeley in Suicide Squad, eh I dunno. The current team just grew on me and it kinda feels disappointing that they're being replaced so soon. But hey, Seeley is pretty good.
Seems like Ryan's leaving just as he's been improving quite a bit but Seeley is pretty cool too.
>Pak on fucking Titans, if he doesn't fix things nobody will.
He can't, TT is cursed.
>>
>Pak on Titans

I mean I WANT to be happy but that premise already sounds like shit. Why must they continue trying to do what obviously does not work?
>>
>>77514417
>titan's curse
>TT is cursed

Wait what?
>>
>>77514514
every tt book after wolfman/perez is destined to be bad. Don't even tell me you liked johns run

peter david sidestepped it with a rename to young justice
>>
>>77514379
I just hope the focus continues to be on Manta, Boomerang, and Deadshot and everything will be all gravy with me.
>>
>>77514514
The books are shit.
1996 Teen Titans, 1996 Titans, 2008 Titans, 2011 Teen Titans, 2014 Teen Titans, etc.
No matter who they put on it, they're just terrible.

Wolfman/Perez and maybe Johns run, if you can ignore him ruining the four YJ members, are the only ones people call good.

So Perez placed an actual curse on the title when he first left and no one has managed to break it.
>>
>>77514535
Maybe, but Johns did not get cursed either.
>>
>>77514379
Pak's overrated and so is Action Comics.

If this gets you faggots to finally realize this after a shitty Teen Titans run then it will all have been worth it.
>>
>>77514535
I... I liked Johns run.
>>
>>77514586
The curse isn't that anybody who touches a TT book sucks forever, the curse is that all TT books are doomed to suck and even writers that are normally competent writers suck when they try to write TT
>>
>>77514580
I actually liked the 1999 Titans under Devin Grayson but it fell apart after she left.

The crossover with JLA in 1996 was pretty neat too.
>>
i feel like if seeley should be on any big two book it should be suicide squad
>>
>>77514680
Yeah her run was definitely the most tolerable and readable. Helps that she did some original stuff instead of just rehashing NTT and had some different characters to work with instead of the NTT era.
But all the chacaters except for Lian and maybe Roy were so frustrating and irritating to read due to how big of assholes they were.
>>
>>77514744
I thought she wrote Tempest pretty cool too, actually. But he was a character who never really could catch a break.
>>
Pak and Abnett are good. This is nice.
>>
>>77514379
I wish Wonder Woman would get one
>>
File: 1444792019467.png (123 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1444792019467.png
123 KB, 240x255
>>77515177
>Finches still on Wonder Woman
>Jenditti still on Flash
>>
File: 1431819424250.jpg (60 KB, 694x448) Image search: [Google]
1431819424250.jpg
60 KB, 694x448
>>77515290

At least Booth is off of Flash now.
>>
>>77515290
They know you assholes will still buy no matter what. They don't have to rush when it comes to switching up teams for Flash and Wonder Woman since they really are never in danger of cancellation.
>>
>>77515316
What's the chance the book will be more readable now without Brett Booth's shitty art fucking up the pages?
>>
>>77515344
The writing was a bigger problem than the art

>>77515317
Flash and Wonder Woman won't get cancelled but that is no excuse to have such poorly received teams on them
>>
Why are Titans such horrible people?
>>
>>77515392
I dunno, they have been such horrible people since like the 1980's really.
>>
File: 1447283165004.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1447283165004.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
>>77514379
Well tt cant really be worse
>>
>>77515409
Famous last words right here, folks.
>>
>>77514492

They can end it with a new status quo though.

Have them on the run for a bit and then BAM new status quo that does work.

and Wonder Girl's past? Now I don't know much about nu52 Cass here but could it be... That everything she's said is a lie and they're retconning it all away?

I'm trying to be optimistic...

Nothing feels better than crushed hope!
>>
>>77515392
Because they let a half-demon on the team.
>>
>>77515409
what is this picture? it feels familiar
>>
>>77515344

Zero.

The writing and plot were already terrible, why would it get better?
>>
>>77515506
Aw well. That is just terrible.
>>
>>77515500

It's from Song of the Sea.
>>
>>77515553
right, thanks
>>
>>77514744
It was hilarious how much of a slut she made Dick into
>>
>>77514379
>Abnett back on Aquaman on the same issue number as the volume from the 90's
P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>77515344
Minimal, but hey. I greatly enjoyed New Suicide Squad once they finally got a new artist so maybe some miracle of god can happen.
>>
>>77514379
I just wish we could get rid of Harley but I guess Tim Seeley will find a proper balance for all the characters.
>>
>>77514379
I approve of all of these.
>>
>that cover

I told you fuckers that they were planning on making him evil.
Issue one should have tipped you off.
>>
>>77516448
>I just wish we could get rid of Harley
She may as well be the face of the company at this point.
>>
>>77516712
>She may as well be the face of the company at this point.
And that's why DC is circling the drain.
>>
>>77516722
They aren't though.
>>
>>77516712
>Harlequin comics

...I'll allow it.
>>
>>77516775
But they are though considering Marvel is cleaning their clocks in sales.
>>
>>77516790
We'll just call it HC Comics for short.
>>
>>77516911
That's how it's been for 20 years. DC makes all their comics money in trades, not floppies. Both companies sell a fraction of the amount they did in the 90s, no one buys comics anymore. The only reason either company is still alive is because of movies and TV shows, comics sales are negligible.
>>
>>77516911
>Incentive Based Variants
>New #1s
>Never Ending Events
>Diversity Shilling
Gee you're right Anon, it's totally because of Harley Quinn and not because Marvel is taking advantage of the market
>>
>>77518022
Well, okay. I'm glad we're both totally in agreement then.
>>
>>77514514
Yeah anon every run has been terrible since the Dick Titans run. It's pretty amazing actually.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.