[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you think has had the no kill code better implemented
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16
File: backstraightassoutchesthigh.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
backstraightassoutchesthigh.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
Who do you think has had the no kill code better implemented into their character, Superman or Batman?

I'd say Batman easily. Has had a better hook through the trauma of his parents murder and it's help keep a central aspect of his character.
>>
>>77501133
I agree to that, it also works nicely with his hatred of crime in the city since it lets him have a single piece of morality that sets him apart from the villains. In Hush Gordon even admits that it's the only reason batman is allowed to do what he does.

Superman, on the other hand, fights world conquering aliens. I think we an give a little more lenience on what separates him from them, thus the code is less important.

It's been forever since I was on /co/ are we still fighting about MoS. Did I just fall for bait?
>>
>>77501133
but superman doesn't have a no kill code
>>
>>77501133
Clark grew up on a farm, he should know that sometimes you gotta put a living creature down.

Bruce has trauma from watching his parents be gunned down in front of his young eyes, makes more sense that he would be all KILLING IS WRONG and GUNS ARE EVIL.
>>
>>77501221
Depends, some writers will have him refuse to take out a threat and actively destroy the only means of stopping it just to promote his moral superiority because "killing is badong", with the end result being the only way to stop the bad guy is to barely manage to place him into an unending torturous experience for the rest of eternity with no intention of ending it.
>>
>>77501133
>Batman the ultimate preptime pragmatist
>doesn't kill

>Superman the farmboy that knows sometimes animals suffer more living than dead
>doesn't kill
Both are shit.
>>
>>77501133
Both work really well, Bruce's catholic education and taoism are great to give even more reasons for bruce to have such an absolutist view on murder and life. . I like Superman not wanting to kill setient beings but willing to kill if extremely needed.
>>
>>77501221
Fuck off, idiot and pick up the last 76+ years of books.
>>
>>77501133
>>77501133
>>77501133
Batman because he does it for himself.
It's not pompous or patronizing like Superman's approach.
>>
>>77501133
>Batman
>"If I kill I'll be just like them and won't be able to stop ever!"
Puhleease
>>
>>77501335
>>
>>77501364
>killing is ok

Fucking american savages.
>>
>>77501367
"I'm fine, that me is clearly a whiny little baby".
>>
>>77501133
Superman. He's a fucking alien from space that was spared, nurtured, and loved. Another species on another planet gave him chance at life when he was his most defenseless and most unpredictable. I feel like that's one dude who'd seriously cherish life and chances. You don't need an traumatic edgy background to be plausible and sincere about a no kill code.
>>
>>77501380
There are times when killing is the best option, yes.
>>
>>77501221
Yes but for the sake of discussion they have tried over the years, they've failed to keep it in place but they have tried.
>>
>>77501414
Except to protect all those people of Earth he is entirely willing to kill when it is the path truly needing to be taken.

Killing Zod wasn't something they invented out of thin air for Man of Steel.
>>
>>77501414
I went into this thinking Batman for sure but this is a really good argument
>>
>>77501440
He also killed Doomsday during the Death and Return of Superman.
People forget that because Doomsday keeps coming back to life.
>>
>>77501133

Most comic heroes should avoid killing for one reason or another, it just fits with being a hero

but the only hero I can think of that it makes sense to have a code for it is batman, granted im not thinking very hard, but his character and refusing to kill even when it makes sense to just works

If superman didnt snap zods neck the ending or MOS would have been boring instead of controversial
>>
File: 1397274839216.jpg (792 KB, 1011x1600) Image search: [Google]
1397274839216.jpg
792 KB, 1011x1600
>>77501367
Okay, so you're willing to use one of the worse Superman stories in history to prove something? Wow, no.

>>77501424
>Yes but for the sake of discussion they have tried over the years, they've failed to keep it in place but they have tried.
>Tried

>>77501440
Jesus fuck, read comics.

Read fucking comic books. His no kill code predates every person on this site, it's more consistently in his history than any other characteristic, when it hasn't been present it's considered mischaracterization and met with backlash, the story also ends up being mediocre and generic.

>Yes, and we define Superman with shitty stories.

Whelp, I'm leaving the thread. You guys are fucking morons.
>>
>>77501454
Doomsday's not a person, though. Usually. With the exception of one or two stories where some dumb writer gave him the ability to talk, he's generally a meat-machine that destroys things without sapient thought.

Same reason he's rarely depicted giving a shit about cutting Parademons in half with heat vision.
>>
>>77501473
He doesn't have a no kill code. he has a last resort code
>>
>>77501133

jesus christ, I can't believe how retarded people on this board are

>batman
>no-kill code due to trauma as a KID
>basically lets his trauma decide his actions and morals as an adult
>lets joker and other villains go on killing sprees with tons of people dying all the time
>doesn't put them down just because of his code
>basically a nutjob on the loose

>superman
>ethics and morals taught by his parents
>decides not to kill people if possible
>80% of the time in comics, doesn't kill but incapacitates
>kills only if truly necessary in order to save innocent people's lives

I love batman but it's not even a question who has the better no-kill code. superman is basically a god and still ONLY kills if it's inevitable. just because batman had a trauma and has a more strict no-kill code doesn't mean it's "better implemented"

superman's struggle with being a god AND having ethics taught by earthlings is goat tier and not only way more relatable but also much more interesting
>>
>>77501473
>it hasn't been present it's considered mischaracterization and met with backlash
>"It doesn't count because I say so"
lel
>>
>>77501471
What exactly would Superman have done in Man of Steel if he didn't snap zods neck? There was no end to that fight unless one of them dropped dead.
>>
>>77501497
Doomsday is as much as person as Superman, not being human looking doesn't mean you should be murdered.

Also that is a terrible example since we've seen multiple Parademons that display caring honorable behaviors when no longer under Darkseid's heel.
>>
>>77501504

superman doesnt have a no kill code

>>77501498
he has this ^

thats why batmans is better implemented, because it makes sense with for his character...for the very reasons you mention, because hes a nut guided by trauma
>>
File: superfam.jpg (69 KB, 874x249) Image search: [Google]
superfam.jpg
69 KB, 874x249
>>77501498
>>77501506
I'm out. Only retards who think they know Superman will come in here anyway.

He's done some fucked up things in comics before but no one claims shit like "Superman is a pedophile!" because it happened in a comic. You're more invalidated by comics than validated, period.
>>
File: iusedtheinternet.jpg (287 KB, 796x1794) Image search: [Google]
iusedtheinternet.jpg
287 KB, 796x1794
>>77501473
>If I don't like it, it doesn't count.
>>
>>77501504
You are retarded if you think Batman's no kill rule is only about trauma.
>>
>>77501549
>"Superman is a pedophile!" because it happened in a comic.
Did Superman fuck a child?
>>
>>77501508

ask all the people who hate the shit out of man of steel because "not my superman"

some phantom zone bullshit, a drastic change in writing to make it convenient to not kill him, or him going full super god and figuring it out

nice and clean and wrapped up with a fucking bow, thats what a lot of superman fans want
>>
>>77501535
What you're referring to is inconsistent characterization.

Some writers depict Parademons as thinking creatures. Most, however, portray them as a race of mindless automatons.
>>
>>77501566
Well, that would indeed make Superman a pedophile.
>>
>>77501535

I thought doomsday is an organically engineered killing machine

like...personal growth isnt an option, he only learns how to kill better

Idk if thats sapient....clarification needed

but i dont respect its life, personally
>>
>>77501539

>superman doesnt have a no kill code

not exactly true. you could call it a last resort code but it's still some kind of code for not killing people

>>77501554

what's it about then? genuinely curious what you think it's about
>>
File: 1397275251499.jpg (231 KB, 950x1498) Image search: [Google]
1397275251499.jpg
231 KB, 950x1498
>>77501552
>He doesn't kill for 99% of his history
>Around for almost 80 years
>Poorly written, known, and selling comic has Superman kill
>He kills now

Such a retarded fucking argument. No wonder the character brand is stagnated and dead.
>>
>>77501133

Superman doesn't really have a no kill code. Her knows parademons and Darkseid are sentient beings but tries to kill them whenever they are in front of them. Also he grew up on a farm where obviously killing cows, pigs and chickens is normal. He punched Doomsday to Death and in one universe he murdered Zod and his cronies with kryptonite for blowing up a planet. I think he doesn't like to kill but if a space alien pisses him off enough like Mongul or Brainiac, Clark will probably destroy them.

Batman is really triggered by gun violence and is traumatized by his parents murder. He pretty much avoids killing at all costs unless the Joker is involved. In some interpretations Batman does kill the Joker later in his career. Though Batman does have a no-kill code it's hard to believe he didn't accidently cripple or murder someone unjustly at somepoint in his career.

Also being butthurt about superheroes also being murderers is really gay. Nobody cares if Hercules, Zorro or Samson kills leagues of men and they are basically the same characters.
>>
>>77501590
No you're right, Doomsday's not a thinking being where things like "deserves a chance" and "can be redeemed" apply.

At least, he's not intended to be. Like I said, some writers, inconsistent characterization, etc. That's comics for you.
>>
>>77501221
Shut the fuck up Landis.
>>
>>77501549

Let it go mang...

All the comics characters with no kill codes had them tacked on and taken off for one reason or another... and hwo the fuck can anyone know the "real" superman, there are now 3 mainstream cannon comic versions of him....written by 100 writers or more! over the span of decades

how the fuck is that suppose to be consistent? irrational fucking fanboys man...they see the world through a narrow tube of autism or something
>>
>>77501602

>>77501552 Is an even shittier argument.
>>
>>77501497

Doomsday is sentient and speaks. He just looks non human so people don't care. Zod is just as alien and powerful but he looks like a human so people get butthurt.

Parademons are literally repurporsed flesh from alien civilizations that Darkseid conquers. They are thinking and feeling beings but again they look non-human and serve Darkseid so they are murdered and no one cares.
>>
ITT:

>people thinking batman has the better moral code
>superman kills people if needed
>superman is no pretender
>batman has strict no killing code
>breaks people's limbs all the time
>makes people live the rest of their rives as retards

how the fuck is that even up to discussion? batman is a goddamn lunatic with dead parent issues. he makes up rules on the go whereas superman knows exactly what he's doing and finds no excuses for his actions
>>
>>77501197
You fell for the bait anon, congratz.
>>
>>77501602
>Poorly written, known, and selling comic has Superman kill

>Golden Age Superman is poorly written.
>Post Crisis is poorly written

Okay buddy you know better than the professional writers clearly.
>>
File: truth.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>77501592

Well if were gonna get caught up in semantics we can all be right and wrong forever while shitposting the night away
>>
>>77501133
Batman has on multiple occasions gone out of his way to save the Joker, fought other heroes who were trying to kill the Joker, prevented the Joker from committing suicide, and even dragged the Joker's dead body to a Lazarus pit.
>>
>>77501606
>Also being butthurt about superheroes also being murderers is really gay.

I don't think that's the problem really, like Iron Man has blown away a couple of his foes and no one goes on and on about how he's a murderer, because Tony's not known for making a big deal about whether or not he should kill people one way or the other. It's not part of his character to dwell on that aspect of crimefighting, he just goes out and wings it every day.

Granted you've got the Invincible threads, but that's just because Kirkman is so over the top with the gore and shock moments.

The main thing that fuels fan complains about killing or not killing is we just want to know where a character stands on the issue will make sense with their backstory and personality and to see it stay consistent even when adapted for other media.
>>
>>77501683

>shitposting

I gave you quite a plausible question to answer, what the fuck?
>>
>>77501701
>Granted you've got the Invincible threads, but that's just because Kirkman is so over the top with the gore and shock moments.
At what point did people start calling him Murderman?
>>
>>77501602

the character of superman wont kill in revenge, or to make a point, he wont kill out of anger (god bless the kents for that), he wont kill out of fear unless hes from injustice

But if the only way, the ONLY way given all his power, all his patience, is to end a life to save many more....your god damned right hes going to take that one life

accept this or subscribe to your own delusions
>>
i think with superman it's more code against murder not killing, like old testament. murder is for personal reason. he's not actively going to try to kill you but he will do everything he absolutely can before he gets there and it wouldn't be the sole intention more of it could happen in the course of the fight.
>>
>>77501727
Awhile before they started talking about how he was Rape Victim Man
>>
File: 1390941207177.jpg (135 KB, 584x355) Image search: [Google]
1390941207177.jpg
135 KB, 584x355
>>77501679
>Golden Age Superman is poorly written.
Golden Age Superman left people to their fates sometimes the first two years and then none there after. Siegel faded that shit out before it was a mandate and then agreed with the mandate feeling like it fit his character better, bitch.

Post Crisis Superman is a murderer who executed 3 powerless people one of which begged and bargained for her life.

Yes, that's poorly written trash to then turn around like this character is the epitome of human goodness.
>>
>>77501651
>Doomsday is sentient and speaks.

Sometimes, but not often. An argument could be made that if you ever find yourself reading a comic where Doomsday has dialogue, you done fucked up.

>repurporsed flesh
>thinking and feeling beings

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?
>>
>>77501661
Batman
>Works side by side with the GCPD
>Sees that criminals are sent to proper mental health facilities or correctional facilities
>Helps solve cases and provide evidence to prosecute criminals

Superman
>Fuck the law I'm using my own Prison System called the phantom zone
>Throws villains into black holes, banishes them to other universe, hid the fact that the other Justice Leaguers were brainwashing criminals
>Burns and freezes people with his godlike powers
>>
>>77501133
Well yeah, Superman at times, comes across as condescending, almost when it comes to non lethal. It's a matter of course, and not difficult at all for him.

Batman has to really work at it, and occasionally suffer to take people in alive. Some of the people he deals with are quite vicious, and it's difficult to take the alive. He's the only person in Gotham who can consistently do it. Even some of the ones the police can deal with, sort of, they would probably have to kill to control them. Which is what real police often do, even with what would basically be no name thugs or street criminals in Gotham, never mind dangerous and insane super criminals or Arkham inmates.
>>
>>77501764
>criminals are sent to proper mental health facilities or correctional facilities
Kek.
>>
>>77501651

doomsday has no possible chance at redemption, he doesnt have the capacity to be peaceful, he isnt built to value or understand the concept. To think of doomsday as equal sapient life is to not really understand the character.

Parademons are like zombies, if there is anything at all left of the being they once were, this is a mercy killing.
>>
Every actual Superman writer will disagree with you. Johns, Morrison, Kelly, Buziek, Waid. But you keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>77501764
Arkham Asylum doesn't treat people, its a breeding ground and holiday inn for batman villains.
>>
>>77501422
Wipe the dorito crumbs out of your neckbeard.
>>
>>77501592
>what's it about then? genuinely curious what you think it's about

Catholic family and education, Oriental philosophy and training, his dad was a DOCTOR that worked saving lives, the idea that it's just trauma is retarded.
>>
>>77501821
Woah, you sure showed me anon.
>>
>>77501706

I was talking about
>>not exactly true. you could call it a last resort code but it's still some kind of code for not killing people

Which is you saying "oh your right but let me say it in another way so i can be MORE right"

which is like....90% of communication with people...its exhausting
>>
>>77501750
>Golden Age Superman left people to their fates sometimes the first two years

>Busting up fighter planes in mid flight is "leaving people to their fates. As is throwing people into vats of acid.

Besides S&S faded it out after their editors started leaning on them to do so. Then the CC hit and it was done for good.
>>
File: 1375999851464.jpg (134 KB, 526x799) Image search: [Google]
1375999851464.jpg
134 KB, 526x799
Paladin is the Superior Batman
>>
>>77501679
Again, literally every good, quintessential Superman writer, agrees that Superman doesn't kill. In my previous post you can throw Alan fucking Moore to the list too.
>>
>>77501752

In Doomsday's first appearance it's pretty obvious he is a thinking being.

Parademons were aliens that became foot soldiers. Don't forget that one of Darkseid's powers is mind control. Just because they serve Darkseid doesn't mean they are wholly evil and don't have families and shit. But they are non-human looking for most people don't really care and why should they? Cosmic henchmen get murdered dude.
>>
>>77501838
*tips*
>>
File: Action 788.jpg (226 KB, 1000x1538) Image search: [Google]
Action 788.jpg
226 KB, 1000x1538
>>77501731
>accept this or subscribe to your own delusions
Fuck off you ignorant, misinformed, under read, arrogant, piece of shit. This characteristic of his has been seen to the extremes but of course you haven't read anything to know about it.
>>
>>77501802

See
>>77501869
>>
>>77501831
The idea that it's purely trauma related is retarded yes but it clearly plays a part in it though and serves as a good hook. But yes Thomas Wayne being a doctor playing a part in it as well does at a nice touch along with his eastern travels.
>>
>>77501831
I wouldn't call it all trauma either but your reasons are kinda retarded.

Besides gun violence PTSD, the reason for Batman to not kill that makes the most sense is it's the only reason the GCPD cooperates with his vigilante bullshit, the moment he drops someone for good, he's back to being stuck in Year One-style manhunts that make his job infinitely harder.
>>
>>77501690
>Batman has on multiple occasions gone out of his way to save all lifes, fought other heroes who were trying to kill t, prevented suicide, and even dragged the Joker's dead body to a Lazarus pit to save others.

Fuck you
>>
>>77501909
>but your reasons are kinda retarded.

Not that anon but how? It's all there in the characters history and links back in fine. Frankly I highly doubt the GCPD would give much of a shit if Bruce killed the legitimately dangerous Batrogues. A random thug sure but Clayface, Twoface, Joker etc they would probably look the other way. Bruce doesn't kill because he can't bring himself to do it.
>>
>>77501892

we can both post images back and forth proving all sides right because again....written for decades by many different people

but your delusional, you want to ignore or write off whatever doesnt fit into your pre-established view of a fictional character, that will continue to change over time

you dont own superman you fanboy psycho
>>
>>77501869
Doesn't he crush the fucking bird as soon as it lands in his hand?

I know you really wanna repeat the "it's okay to kill things that don't look human" line a few more times, but that's never been the reason.

Parademons are more than just under mind control, they're mutilated cyborgs. Like the Borg in Star Trek.

And yeah, we saw episodes on occasion where, with a LOT of work, a Borg could be restored mostly to the person they were before...but that was some super rare experimental bullshit and for the most part, they're regarded as already dead/beyond saving and THAT is why you kill them. They're not people anymore. They were and now they're not.
>>
>>77501892

Joe Kelly is okay but his Superman isn't exactly definitive and certainly not the best.
>>
>>77501965

I thought he doesnt kill because he figures once he does he wont be able to stop, if he can justify it once, he can always justify it, its the "easy" way, but not the way that will make the changes he wants to make, he wants to show people a better way, and is afraid of becoming what he hates, a killer
>>
>>77501965
Well Batman's parental upbringing wouldn't have much to do with his adult morals since it stopped when he was 8. And he almost never talks about Eastern philosophy so I don't think he was taking Zen koans and shit to heart much when he was touring the world learning to fight.

Outside of the ways in which he's fucked up in the head, Bruce is all pragmatist. His gut reaction is "I do want to grab the Joker by the throat" but then he goes "Nope, can't do it. I might never be able to make myself stop squeezing. And maybe I'll snap Harvey's neck too, that motherfucker...plus Jim's gonna have to come after me and it's all downhill from there."
>>
>>77501985
Okay, keep living in denial then, I guess. Literally every definitive Superman writer has him not killing. Moore, Morrison, Johns, Kelly, Waid, Buziek. But, no, you're right. He kills because reasons.
>>
>>77502037
>Well Batman's parental upbringing wouldn't have much to do with his adult morals since it stopped when he was 8
I don't think you can say that. In fact it may be the opposite, he could have internalized their lessons even more fiercely because he idolizes them so much.
>>
>>77501893

your gonna have to spell it out for me, nothing in >>77501869 does anything to counter any of my points

we dont lack empathy due to things looking none human, so we can move off that line now
>>
File: 1424419319866.jpg (704 KB, 1107x3251) Image search: [Google]
1424419319866.jpg
704 KB, 1107x3251
>>77501221
Landis pls
>>
>>77502057
The "dad was a doctor" thing maybe, like I wouldn't mind a writer saying his no-kill code is partially inspired by the Hippocratic Oath though I'd think it cheesy and a bit of a stretch...but Bruce Wayne doesn't give a shit about religion or philosophy. Probably the only reason he's ever had to believe in anything at all is from meeting dudes like Spectre and Zauriel.
>>
>>77502037
The Buddisth stuff has being a thing since o'neill and the legends of the dark knight put a loton enfasis about how much of a easternboo he is.
>>
>>77502037
>Well Batman's parental upbringing wouldn't have much to do with his adult morals since it stopped when he was 8

Bruce idolizes his father, his mother not so much but his father had a huge impact on his life.

>Outside of the ways in which he's fucked up in the head,

such as?
>>
>>77502057

this is true, children go through a phase when they learn their parents arent gods and they put more faith into their peers, and it happens to most kids after 8, usually right before the preteen years start up

Bruce's parents werent alive long enough to fuck up and teach their kid that parents are just people, so their lessons can be biblical in Bruce's mind

>>77502037
I'm pretty sure I've seen batman work on off some eastern zen philosophy before but, i could be wrong
>>
>>77502108
>>Outside of the ways in which he's fucked up in the head,

Do we really need to do the whole "costumed vigilantism inherently ain't a stable reaction to childhood trauma" song and dance?
>>
File: 1358888180089.jpg (5 KB, 251x171) Image search: [Google]
1358888180089.jpg
5 KB, 251x171
None of them.

No-kill codes are just ways for big franchises with little variety to keep making money off of villain rosters.

And you people fall for it.
>>
>>77502084

out of all those panels, the only one that is outright full retard and goes against >>77501731
is that a universe isnt worth saving through murder, and im sure he had another way to save the universe anyway, cause comics

and you said when he kills its bad writing....its not bad writing that letting a UNIVERSE die to prove a point...a stupid point at that

no thats not MY superman...my superman just isnt that stupid lol...you can have him

and that kids is the point....theres a lot of interpretations to have of a character so old with continued addition to his lore, we all have our superman, which is why its such a passionate debate....there is no real superman, except the ones we hold in our hearts....
>>
>>77501970
>you dont own superman you fanboy psycho
Psycho? I'm just better read than you and calling you on your shit real hard. I acknowledged he's super fucking old and has sometimes been written out of popular perception but that bound to happen give how old this character is. That doesn't define him though, just like that shitty Wendy's tie in comic you get with a kid's meal doesn't define the Justice League.

Stop trying to using shitty stories to try to encompass the character. Maybe 50-80,000 fan boys read Bryne's work but Superman is known world wide never to kill. That's inherent in the character and it works and that's what Siegel wanted.
>>
>>77502220

Superman and Batman being more moral than a 4chan poster is normal.

Some characters don't need to be realistic, Bruce and Clark being almost Saints is nothing weird.
>>
>>77502221
see:
>>77501639
>>
>>77502176

Im not defending Bruce here...man is crackers

But i do think the reasoning behind him not using his money and influence to better his city is because his parents tried that and got shot in an ally for pearls....he might have a biased view
>>
>>77502262
>Superman and Batman being more moral than a 4chan poster is normal.

What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>77502278
>>77502221
>all those ellipses

Stop typing like a preteen on Facebook.
>>
>>77502278
Bruce DOES use his money and influence on top of being Batman. He's a member of the board at Arkham and it's STILL a shithole.

It's not his fault the writers have to make sure Gotham is perpetually broken beyond fixing.
>>
File: 1444944543454.jpg (81 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1444944543454.jpg
81 KB, 456x386
>>77502255

well then i guess your super butt hurt at how many people watched him snap a neck and will have that as their definitive superman

your so obsessed you cant see that your interpretation of the character isnt THE interpretation of the character, this is a universal vs relative argument and if your insistent that supermans characterization is universal your already set in your ways and not worth talking to

you will simply repeat yourself until people give up talking to you so you can pat yourself on the back and reassure yourself how right you are, and i invite you to have fun with it
....but nigga you delusional
>>
>>77502221
>and that kids is the point....theres a lot of interpretations to have of a character so old with continued addition to his lore, we all have our superman, which is why its such a passionate debate....there is no real superman, except the ones we hold in our hearts....
Keep deluding a character's characteristics and there won't be a Superman because essentially everything stands to change. How far can it go before it stops being that character? He's been so drastically changed so recently over the years in so many different types of media no one has a clear, compelling, strong voice on the character and that's not a good thing. I agree with Morrison when he says Superman shouldn't kill and that should be the one rule when writing Superman.
>>
>>77502327
And in-universe gotham is a damned city
>>
>>77502043

Okay so Superman didn't kill Doomsday or Zod. So Superman doesn't try and kill Darkseid, Brainiac and Mongul whenever they fuck with him? Because it really seems like he wants to destroy all of them. Does this bother me? Of course not they are all alien space Hitlers...
>>
>>77501133
>Batman
>No Kill code
kek
>>
>>77502350
>well then i guess your super butt hurt at how many people watched him snap a neck and will have that as their definitive superman
Yes, extremely. And just to rub salt in the wound Goyer doesn't even respect the medium or fans.

But I guess under read people like you is cool with it because you literally don't know better and will accept anything.

If the characteristic wasn't universal it wouldn't of been controversial. We wouldn't be talking about that shit right now because I assure you MOS is the only reason we are.

But keep pretending you're better and smarter because you've read less and Goyer's dislike for the character in addition to Synder's asinine justifications lead to a definitive film. It hasn't done Superman any favors.
>>
File: here!.png (298 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
here!.png
298 KB, 500x628
>>77502327

Cant argue with that

>>77502356

These stories drag on so long, under so many different time periods, writers, business practices

To delude yourself into thinking a comic character has a consistent personality is some deep fandom i cant understand

Im really coming around to the idea that being a fan is okay, being in a fandom....you people need more in your lives
>>
>>77502401

Isnt the goal to kill brainiac completely...like sure he doesnt succeed but the goal is to kill brainiac because you fucking have to kill brainiac
>>
>>77502478

wow.....

>>But keep pretending you're better and smarter because you've read less

you have no idea what where arguing about.....

i feel sad now, im gonna go feel sad for you, you believe whatever you want man, your right, about everything, go into the world and be right buddy
>>
>>77502541
>delude yourself
>These stories drag on so long, under so many different time periods, writers, business practices

>How far can it go before it stops being that character?

I can't wait to see Superman leave a dude on a moon to die because he discovered his secret ID and then people like you defend it when it's put into a movie and call other people delusional for being mad because it happened in a comic and tv show. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>77502176
This reasoning simply means all superheroes are mentally unstable. That's what happens when you take the tropes of the superhero genre seriously rather than accepting them as a staple of the genre.
>>
>>77502613

okay you are definitely, and Im not using this as the internets favorite insult but truly, you are autistic, you have to be, and im sorry for picking on you now, ill just see myself out
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-16-11-36-34.png (238 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-16-11-36-34.png
238 KB, 1080x1920
>>77501133
I just stumbled across a website taking threads from here and making them look like a legitimate forum, with fake user names and everything for each post

Here's this thread on there, surreal
>>
>>77502728
Nah, I feel like for the ones with powers, dressing theatrically and ignoring the law isn't honestly that strange an idea to come up with.

And late comers and copycats like Green Arrow would just be following the trend. "Those guys seem to be getting away with it, why not me?"

But Batman is supposed to be the first or one of the first of his generation and has nothing to protect him but skills and armor. That's a pretty abnormal life choice to make considering his obsessive "nobody should suffer like I suffered" motivation.
>>
>>77502775
You were never picking on me, brah. You brought up a point and I countered it repeatedly with evidence and then you called me an autistic. It was utterly pointless talking with you.
>>
>>77502541

I definitely agree with this anon, you guys simply cannot expect consistent characterization for characters that have been around for so long.

It's kinda silly to even expect it desu.
>>
>>77502999
>And late comers and copycats like Green Arrow would just be following the trend.

Batman's whole existence circumvents the idea that "Superman and the shadow were successful make more of that." He wears a suit and takes the law into his hands because it was proven to be a successful market.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.