[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Nation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dc-nation.jpg (150 KB, 960x621) Image search: [Google]
dc-nation.jpg
150 KB, 960x621
What happened to this, why is it cancelled? Can based Johns bring jt back? Isnt it fucked that the CW is more comic booky that CARTOON NETWORK?
>>
The thing you need to remember is that WB is fucking retarded. I know it's devolved into kind of a meme bu it's the truth. They own the rights to all the DC characters, and have for decades but for some reason they love pitting their various factions against each other. So instead of CN having full access to the DC lexicon for free or at a greatly reduced rate because they have the same parent company, they have to pay a premium to license and fund even the shorts. Then animators get told "You can't use these characters! The movie guys are using them! People will get confused!"

It's a goddamn circus and sometimes it's miraculous that they manage to get anything worthwhile out.
>>
Idk, because kids today can't appreciate good shit or something? Or because kids still watch whatever's on the TV at the moment and half the time that's TTG so it survives.
>>
>>83074836
this
>>
>>83074836
Doesn’t CN also fuck over the DC cartoons? At least that's what I got from the GL cartoon crew, and DC animators are stuck with CN because it's owned by WB.
>>
>>83074836
Wait is that Green Lantern? I thought they hadn't cast him yet.
>>
>>83074730
Shoulda taken the money spent on the dumb Aardman shorts and used it for more Plastic Man or SBFFs.
>>
>>83075462
They fucked over Beware the Batman pretty hard

Young Justice too since it wasn't selling enough toys
YJ's ratings were good even when there were haituses and weird airing times
>>
>>83075462
CN fucks over DC cartoons because of toy sales. They prefer having shit they created at the top because it generates more money for them but with DC property that isn't the case. Not to mention the fact CN is fucking cheap with all the bargain bin animated shit they churn out these days.
>>
>>83074836
>Then animators get told "You can't use these characters! The movie guys are using them! People will get confused!"

That actually stopped being an issue when Johns became involved in DC Entertainment. Only live action had that issue very recently.
>>
>>83077459
Yeah Johns cleared up the decades long Wonder Woman rights issue on day one.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.