[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barry Allen is the Flash. He was struck by lightning and exposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Flash.gif (36 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
Flash.gif
36 KB, 500x210
Barry Allen is the Flash. He was struck by lightning and exposed to chemicals that gave him superspeed, he fights crime as the Flash, and he helped the Justice League save the world, but he doesn't want to be in the spotlight and prefers to operate faster than the human eye can perceive him.

He intervenes on a high-speed chase between the Central City police and a group of mercenaries armed with military-grade weaponry, who have stolen an experimental electromagnetic battery from S.T.A.R. Labs. He rescues the policemen, takes the criminals into custody and moves the few injured civilians to the hospital.

Barry then returns to the police station, where he is berated by Captain Darryl Frye for being late for his report. He meets his surrogate father, gruff veteran Detective Fred Chyre, who tells Barry they have a new case: A dead body has been found at Thawne Laboratories, Central City's biggest technology research institute.

Arriving at Thawne Tower, Barry and Chyre are directed to the body of Dr. Edward Clariss, a renowed astrophysicist. Thawne Laboratories' head of security Len Snart rules Clariss' death a suicide, but Barry is suspicious of the circumstances in which Clariss has plummeted from a 10 stories window to his death. Barry is then welcomed by Dr. Eobard Thawne, the young CEO of Thawne Laboratories, who is dying of a rare degenerative disease and confined to a wheelchair. They discuss Dr. Clariss' research on tachyons and the potential achivements that it could yield before they are approached by Iris West, a newspaper reporter and Barry's childhood friend and ex-girlfriend, who wants to interview Thawne about Clariss' death. Snart cuts her off and ushers them both out. Before leaving, Chyre requests the log of all of Clariss' activities leading up to his death.
>>
Barry and Iris catch up and discuss their friendship as children and their brief relationship as teenagers, which ended because Barry couldn't let go of his obsession with proving that his father Henry is innocent of murdering Barry's mother, Nora. Barry later returns home and has a nightmare of the night his mother died, so he instead focuses on work, going through case files and coming up with gadgets to help in his crimefighting. He speeds off to answer to a fire in an apartment complex. Iris is covering the Flash and wants to find out more him, as she believes can be a symbol of hope for the people of Central City and the world in the aftermath of the almost-destruction of the entire planet.

Barry goes through the log provided by Snart, but realizes it has been tampered with. He returns to Thawne Laboratories, sneaks inside and attempts to access their files, but they are protected by military-grade encryption. Barry then visits Cyborg at the Red Room, a government-sponsored facility, and asks him to hack into the serves off-grid. They're closr friends by the likes of things.

Cyborg accesses Thawne Laboratories' serves, but all traces of Clariss' research have been wiped out aside from an intercepted e-mail to Jay Garrick, a reclusive scientist and former university professor. Barry learns the e-mail was intercepted by Snart as it contained corporate secrets.

Barry seeks Garrick and questions him about Clariss' research. Garrick reluctantly reveals that he, Clariss, Thawne and several of the other dead scientists were involved in a secret government program to harness the "Speed Force", regarded as the connective tissue of the Universe, but the machine they built, the Treadmill, failed, creating an explosion that leveled the facility. The whole incident was covered up by ARGUS.

Garrick is shot in the neck by a masked assailtant, and the Flash intervenes, but the assassin utilizes cold grenades to slow down Barry enough to escape,
>>
>tfw the movie won't have [SCARY HELICOPTER NOISES]
>>
awful
>>
>>83018231

Hey this is the Berlanti script that got adjusted to become the CW Flash.

These are old spoilers.
>>
>>83018231
I don't know if i'm just cynical but i really don't like what I've read so far
>>
>>83019364
No, it's not.

It's somewhat similar, though.
>>
Is there any more OP?
>>
>killing off Garrick
It's shit.
>>
>>83019590
The police lures Snart into a trap and the Flash captures him, but Snart escapes from the police station.

Barry is lured into Thawne Laboratories, where he learns Thawne was affected by the explosion of the Speed Force Program's machinery and became able to move at superhuman speeds by "decaying time" around him, a literal reverse of what Barry does. But his powers are killing him, and he needs the Flash's speed as a cure, and intends to use it to travel back in time and rewrite history.

Iris finds out Barry is the Flash and is kidnapped by Cold, who forces Barry to surrender. Thawne begins absorbing his speed, but Cyborg intervenes and damages the machine, causing Thawne to become a speed monster. An infuriated Thawne breaches the time barrier, with Flash in pursuit, and they fight across multiple time periods before ending up on Barry's house, where Thawne kills Barry's mother.

Barry levels up and pushes Thawne further and further into the future until he's consumed and dissolves into nothing. Iris defeats Cold and Cyborg pulls the Flash back from the timestream and he makes amends with Iris and they get back together, and the Flash is embraced as a hero.
>>
Sounds boring. Nothing totally offensive, but I don't like it that much. Hope it's bull shit.
>>
>>83020141
I'd really prefer if Thawne had the yellow suit. My guess is they're going for an amalgamated version of Daniel West and Eobard Thawne and i don't know if that would be good for the cinematic reverse flash. I also don't like how Barry's mother dies, I don't think the present Barry should be there when it happens. The way Thawne uses his powers is cool though.
>>
>>83020141
>Iris defeats Cold
wot
>>83020392
I don't think it sounds that bad, but I do think it's going to seem pretty been-there-done-that thanks to the TV show. I mean, a condensed version of Flash season 1 with better production values would make a good movie, but it feels too soon.
>>
>>83018231
>>83018424
Hot schwarbage, the lot of it.
>>
>>83018424
>Barry couldn't let go of his obsession with proving that his father Henry is innocent of murdering Barry's mother,
>We can't be together because you love your dad
>>
>>83024129
This sounds like such a stupid excuse for drama I'm surprised the CW didn't use it. At least if this is real then it sounds like the movie will gloss over that as a "haha we sure were dumb kids right" thing and move on with the plot rather than devote a big chunk of its mere 2ish hour runtime to it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.