[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
What went right?
>>
>>82994988
It actually did a pretty decent job adapting classic Avengers storylines, which pretty much every episode was one of.
This is impressive because I'm guessing even most comics readers who actually READ Avengers are unfamiliar with their classic storylines.

One of my favorite references is the one where they fight the Kree Sentry, because the name of the episode is just a three-digit number and seems irrelevant unless you listen really close to the dialogue or read the classic Avengers story and realize that even the numerical designation for the Sentry they fight is identical to the one from the comics in the same arc.
>>
Wasp.
>>
>>82995709
>not posting it
you know the rules
>>
The theme song.
>>
Wasp tits
>>
>>82996067
At first I hated it.
But then it definitely kinda grew on me.
>>
>>82994988
Doctor Doom.
>>
File: laughingavengers.gif (116 KB, 266x178) Image search: [Google]
laughingavengers.gif
116 KB, 266x178
They nailed the characters of the team, pretty much. Every main Avengers member had a fantastic characterization and a top-notch voice casting (Tatasciore is the best voice Hulk's EVER had). Character interaction within the team also hit the mark hard, and it helps that the continuity is interesting and is consistent all the way until Man Of Action royally fucked up the timeline of Vision and Yellowjacket.

The second half of Season 2 is rocky due to all the tampering and heavy focus on Tony/Cap/Hulk/Thor over the rest of the cast, but the show overall stands strong as one of Marvel's best TV series. If we had the cuts of Josh Keaton as Spidey during his 2-3 appearances, it would be even better.
>>
>>82994988
Top tier character chemistry
Voice acting
Wasp being a cutie
Using lesser known villains
The theme song which they butchered in season 2
Solid flow of newer characters/Avengers
>>
>>82996319
Hawkeye and Hulk's friendship was hilarious.

>Hawkeye: "Hulk! Where the heck have you been, we needed you like twenty minutes ago!"
>Hulk: "YOU LEFT ME FROZEN IN THE POOL!"
>Hawkeye: ".....oh. Right. Sorry."
>>
>>82996413
>Hawkeye: "Okay you take....I'll take...you know what? I'll just take 'em all on!"
*Scarab robots combine into a huge sacrab robot.*
>Hulk: "You're right. You totally got this one. I'm gonna go sit this out."
>>
I rewatched the first season recently and it actually wasn't as strong as I remembered. The set-up episodes were kinda clunky, and a couple of stories were plain retarded, like the one where Tony literally can't keep focus for 5 second to tell Simon Williams "No Simon, I'm not actually trying to completely destroy your life." Jesus!

Still, when it was good, it was GOOD.
>>
>>82997000
>like the one where Tony literally can't keep focus for 5 second to tell Simon Williams "No Simon, I'm not actually trying to completely destroy your life." Jesus!

Holy shit that episode

What the FUCK
>>
>>82994988
>>82995120

Yeah that's why I loved it. I've been reading Avengers 1-100 slowly over the years and it felt like someone else actually read them too and just modernized them.

I wish they'd make a new season and just pick right up where they left off.
>>
>>82997406
You'd like Marvel Adventures Avengers then.

It's pretty fun to read.
>>
>>82994988
Season 1 is fantastic. Meddling constrained season 2 and spelled the end
>>
>>82997406
I'm a huge faggot for classic storylines and classic comics, so the show really hit a lot of the high points for me.
What I love is Loki is the original 1960's reason for the Avengers forming while in EMH it looks like the New Avengers "Breakout" storyline is the cause....and then it's revealed that Loki caused the breakout making him the actual reason the Avengers banded together after all.

It was roughly the equivalent of Marvel's DCAU; a show that took famous or well-done classic storylines and manages to retell them in a modern context that was very much faithful while still being entertaining in a modern sense.
It was also mostly quite faithful to the character's abilities and power sets; every villain or hero is precisely as powerful as they are in the comics and gets a chance to show it off at least once.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.