[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hulk (2003) any good? Accurate to the comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 350x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 350x492
Is Hulk (2003) any good?

Accurate to the comics?
>>
>Is Hulk any good?
It's very good.
>Accurate to the comics?
Not so much. His origin is changed and the main antagonist is a combination of three different Hulk villains
>>
>>82969770
It's incredibly slow, boring, and depressing. It's almost nonsensical at times with the slow shit it does and it has very retarded, forced scenes where they are cut with comic book angles or panels.

There are incredibly cheesy moments interspliced with very serious, deep emotional and abusive moments that do NOT match up together at all, like here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSGXERUKBj4

A death painted in such a comedic, dumbass way, in a movie that shows a kid being abused by his father a lot and has tons of nuclear bomb going off.

It's very inaccurate to the comics as well and he fights giant Hulk Dogs and molecule man or some weird absorbing man.
>>
>>82969770
It is one of my least favorite movies (comic or otherwise) I remember being excited for it when the commercials and trailers came out but the actual movie was disappointing. I also don't get what the hell people were thinking with those transition scenes, it felt like they kept doing that to say "remember, this is a comic book movie". Those got annoying about 26min in.
>>
The score is fantastic, the cast is on point, it's visually appealing and emotionally engaging.
>>
>>82969770
One of the worst movies ever made.
>>
>>82969935
I liked the panel gimmick, but the way Ang showed Talbot's death really was a tonal rupture.
>>
>>82969770

Ang Lee was just doing Ang Lee and offering an explanation of where the Hulk stems from and why Bruce is such a broken person.

It took a lot of risks and was sometimes juggling themes of a psychological thriller and fun summer blockbuster. Ultimately audiences and critics didn't like it.

It was pretty close to the comics since Bruce has daddy issues and has been physically abused by his father but the origin in the 2003 film worked better and was slightly less dark and confusing.
>>
>>82969770

It tried to be more than HULK SMASH ARRGGGH and got punished for it. The audience rejected it.

All thats really wrong with it are the hulk dogs and how awful the Hulk looks. The comic panellings so so.
>>
it wasn't based on the comics, it was based on that book with the guy that got super strong and lifted a car.. i can't remeber the name
>>
It was kinda dark in a way that didn't feel fitting.
>>
>>82969829
>three different Hulk villains

Absorbing Man Zzzax and who else?
>>
>>82971927
Bruce's dad, even without superpowers, is technically a Hulk villian since he's pretty much the root cause of Bruce's anger.
>>
>>82969770

This is MCU Canon right ?
>>
>>82971548
It was slow and meditative and long. That's what I hated about it more than anything. But watching it older now as I did like 6 months ago, it's alright.
>>
>>82972167
No, Incredible Hulk (20080 is.
>>
>>82969770

you wouldnt like me when i'm ang lee.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.