[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there been any news whatsoever about the new season since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Jack srsly guise wtf.png (1 MB, 1290x964) Image search: [Google]
Jack srsly guise wtf.png
1 MB, 1290x964
Has there been any news whatsoever about the new season since it's announcement?
>>
>>82926274
They are going to show a sneak peek of the new season at the Annecy film festival sometime in June (13th-18th).
>>
File: blankbt.gif (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
blankbt.gif
8 KB, 200x200
>>82926347
After last night's FishCenter fuckery, I'm gonna have to ask you for sauce.
>>
>>82926607
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/festivals/annecy-announces-zombillenium-samurai-jack-previews-plus-john-kricfalusi-masterclass-137908.html
>The Annecy animation festival, the world’s largest gathering of industry pros and students, has revealed more programming highlights for its upcoming edition, taking place June 13-18.
>Among the big news is two work-in-progress sessions showing first footage from a couple of hotly anticipated projects: the French feature film adaptation of Arthur de Pins’ comic series Zombillenium (pictured top) and Genndy Tartakovsky’s reboot of Samurai Jack for Adult Swim, in which he’ll finally conclude the story.
>>
>>82926274
Kind of.

>Some dumb YTer asked the guys working on the new show questions on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiC9_w513mc [Embed]

>Jack's going to be slightly taller and older, but basically the same
>Backgrounds are going be digitally painted instead of hand-painted due to budget. They're still going to try to make it look as much as the original as possible
>They stress that's it a continuation, not a reboot
>The IDW comic is not canon
>The theme song will be the same, but the intro animation will be different
>They didn't want to say too much about how much the darker the series will be now that it's on Adult Swim, but they did note that with this season bringing the story to an end, the intensity and drama are going to be a lot higher. Being on AS allows them to push things "both dramatically and visually."
>>
>>82926791
Until I see a link to the AMA, I'm gonna take all the info in that video with a grain of salt.
>>
>>82926849
Found it. It's actually on reddit, not Facebook.

https://www.reddit.com/r/samuraijack/comments/430t9j/the_samurai_jack_team_responds/
>>
>>82926662
>>82926791
>Conclude the story
On the one hand I'm glad that we're getting a resolution, but on the other I'm sad that this means we're only getting one more season.

Hopefully this will give Genndy a publicity boost or something and he won't have to beg for scraps anymore.
>>
>>82926791
Ah so it is just coming back for one season.
>>
>>82926791
>They didn't want to say too much about how much the darker the series will be now that it's on Adult Swim, but they did note that with this season bringing the story to an end, the intensity and drama are going to be a lot higher. Being on AS allows them to push things "both dramatically and visually."

Sounds like it's probably not going to be that much different from the original with the exception that we might start seeing enemies that aren't robots and maybe see Jack get wounded a little more often. Which I'm okay with.
>>
>>82926791
>>82926662
So it will be possibly a month before we see any real footage of the show.
Do we think it will actually be released this year?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.