[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick your poison.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Pick your poison.
>>
Impossible to choose.
>>
Coffee by a long shot. Tea tastes like ass and a much less effective kick
>>
For pleasure, tea. Specifically, strong black tea brewed for at least 5 mins, with a generous dash of full fat milk. Especially after work, or after a long hard day on in general, after dinner, or even after sex (or a cheeky wank). Really relaxing.

But I'm losing weight and once I get there I still need to be mindful of extra calories. Even without sugar, the calories in the milk can add up. 30-40 calories per mug. ~five mugs a day. You get the picture.

So I choose coffee because unlike tea it can be enjoyed without anything added (or, as I like, with a pinch of potassium salt). It also provides a stimulating buzz to help wake up in the morning, as opposed to tea's relaxing buzz.

pic unrelated
>>
>>7664156
>or, as I like, with a pinch of potassium salt
wait what. You can do that?
>>
>>7664171
Yeah apparently it's a thing, it cuts the bitterness of bad or poorly brewed coffee.

I thought about it because I realised the cups of coffee I enjoyed most were ones where the foam/'scum' from the coffee I brewed had hints of salt. So I started adding a pinch myself and it was nice.

I later switched from normal salt to 2:1 KCl:NaCl because I'm a ketofag and without fruit it's hard to get enough potassium. I don't think it makes a difference for normal people, taste-wise.
>>
>>7664196
I read somewhere that women taste potassium more strongly than men. YMMV but the only girl I've known to do keto always comeplains about the taste of no-salt.
>>
>>7664203
If that's true I'd be long dead from sodium poisoning if I were a dude.
>>
>>7664214
wut?
>>
>>7664236
well if you taste it more strongly you need less of it, right?
>>
>>7664203
Well it does taste different to normal salt. A bit hollow, anaemic, fake. But I deal with it.

And by no difference I meant in coffee the difference would be even less apparent to normies than it would be on a plate of food.
>>
>>7664238
potassium isn't in sodium anon. No-salt is a brand of potassium based sodium substitute.

Women generally will taste potassium more strongly and will be swayed away from using potassium substitute moreso than their male counterparts.
>>
>>7664251
ooh, I read your potassium as sodium.
sorry. so I taste banana differently, basically?
>>
>>7664251
Seconding the possibility of this. When my mom tried it she recoiled in disgust whereas to me the difference, although clear, was minor.
>>
>>7664254
bananas aren't even an insane source of potassium, but in essence yes. You're tasting a banana differently than a male will.
>>
File: 1462251609194.jpg (349 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462251609194.jpg
349 KB, 800x800
Both.
>>
Tea
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.