[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap but will keep me alive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 20160502_220302.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160502_220302.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I want a food that is cheap to mass produce as I am a fatass on a budget. Is beans and rice the way to go? Or can I get cheaper?
>>
Not being a fatass is the way to go...
>>
File: 14624078950841214782762.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
14624078950841214782762.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7639237
I actually have a very high metabolism but I can't seem to be able to fill myself.
>>
>>7639220
Beans and rice will be big ones.
Whole chickens (roasting/frying) ones are also pretty cheap, especially if they're on sale, often you can get 2 for like 5 bucks and get at least several meals out of them. Oil, salt and pepper is usually enough to make them somewhat.

Peanut Butter and Bread, jam if it's the cheap corn syrup stuff that should alllow you to make several pbjs.

Those are the only ones off the top of my head.

For veggies you may have to settle for those cheap peas/corn/carrot/bean frozen blends. Usually you can get a pound or two for 1-3 bucks and it should last you for a week or so.

Romain hearts are also pretty cheap, 3-4 heads can be found on sale for 1-2 bucks but they're tasteless as hell. Heads of cabbage can be had for under a dollar and are filling, but, you'll definitely need at least some salt, oil and vinegar to make them edible, or saute it in a pan.
>>
beans and bread is better. rice is trash.
>>
File: IMG_2672.jpg (784 KB, 1600x1199) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2672.jpg
784 KB, 1600x1199
>>7639220
you can live well off of this for breakfast. change it up and add some meat protein for lunch and dinners but keep the beans and rice as a staple.

super cheap, poor people food. Filling and tasty.
>>
>>7639242
Fucking onision
>>
>>7639525
This guy has the right idea.

As a side note: the bigger cuts of meat you buy the cheaper it is in the long run. I like to cook a pork loin in my slow cooker until its cooked through, take it out then cut in half. Out one half back in add some extra liquid and cook for a little longer until the mehat just falls apart. This way i have both sliced pork loin for dinner and shredded pork I can freeze and use later. It might cost $13 upfront but you could eat from it 3 maybe 4 times.
>>
I suggest killing yourself
you'll see! You wont need to eat at all!
>>
You can get stacks of 100-120 mini corn tortillas for a couple dollars.
Cut them in quarters or eighths and fry them carefully in vegetable oil. Place on paper towel, apply salt.
Flour tortillas do not work for this.
>>
>>7639525
>>7639988

Don't listen to these retard's. Human's literally aren't supposed to eat meat.
>>
>>7639525
Also note that I'm not going for days. I'm literally just an all day eater. I can't sit for 10 minutes without looking for food. Thanks for the suggestion as I will try.
>>
>>7641159
Ahh ok so you need cheap stuff that you can easily prepare and eat throughout the day then? Alrighty lets see what else...

Protein and fiber will be your big bets then. As said earlier, beans and rice will be good, they have plenty of fiber and a little protein so that should help fill you up. Try to use brown rice if you can come across it, it has even more fiber and is healthier for you.

PBJs for sure. The peanut butter is full of protein and healthy-ish fat, try using wheat bread for extra fiber as well, it doesn't cost much more than white bread.

Bananas are also good. Plenty filling and lots of potassium which is good.

Cabbage salad as I said earlier will be better than lettuce. Shred it, toss it either with pre-made coleslaw dressing or toss in oil/salt/vinegar for a filling salad.

Oatmeal is another good filler, if you can try to make a big batch of steel cut oats and store what you cant finish in the fridge. Then take it out and reheat portions throughout the day as you need, add some peanut butter or jam with it and add some milk for extra flavor.

Canned chili. If you can get them on sale/clearance they're also pretty filling, especially if you pair iit with the brown rice, you can make a super filling meal for not much.

Cheap Turkey Ham or Bologna for cold cuts will make decent sammiches, get some basic mustard and mayo and tomoatoes if they're cheap and you can make filling meals. As before, use wheat bread for extra fiber.

Whole Wheat Pasta and canned/jarred pasta sauce. Filling as hell and you can easily stretch a package of pasta for several meals all day, plus the extra fiber will keep you full.

Hope this helps!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.