[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not sure if this is /ck/ or /out/, but are you guys using Yeti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: yeti.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
yeti.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
not sure if this is /ck/ or /out/, but are you guys using Yeti stuff? I received the 30 oz Yeti Rambler (pic related) as a gift and its a great cup. My first experiment was to fill it to the top with ice, then fill it with water and time how long it took the ice to completely melt when left out at room temperature. It took 26 hours for the ice to be completely melted. Next I'm going to run water through a coffee maker and put it in the cup with a thermometer and see how long it will keep liquids warm.
>>
I like any well build double walled insulated cups. My problem is the cost of the name brand products like Yeti and Hydroflask.

They cost way to much for what they are. Those things are marked up easily 95% ...its just stainless steel or aluminum.

On the other hand I use them almost daily for hot food at lunch. And someone gave me 12hoz Yeti insulated can holder. And I love it. Is the best coozi ever!

Just not worth $20 price tag IMO
>>
>>7631735
They are expensive. Someone was telling me about another brand that is virtually identical but half the price but I still wanted the Yeti. Partly because I don't want to risk an even slightly lower build quality with a knock off brand, and partly because for some reason I'm very attracted to Yeti stuff. But in my defense I needed the highest quality cup, I'm about to be an OTR trucker and keeping my drinks a good temperature is very important to me. I may buy another one so I can keep a hot and cold drink, and when it gets to the point that I'm looking at buying a fridge (if they don't give me one, I don't know), I might go with a Yeti cooler instead to keep ice, drinks, and food.
>>
>>7631762

If your looking at it as a buy it for life item. Then I understand. Just can't help but think the real manufacturing cost on that shit is almost nothing.

I have 2 big Stanley old school insulated cups. They are 30 years old each. Differently items that can last a life time.
>>
>>7631787
*definitely
>>
Op here, I put hot water(175 degrees) in it at 9. One hour and 15 minutes later it's 158 degrees.
>>
>>7631729
>keeps your drink as cold as science allows
but doesn't that describe every container?
...my reddit detector is going off...
>>
File: hydro-flask-40w-acai-purple_2.jpg (297 KB, 804x1262) Image search: [Google]
hydro-flask-40w-acai-purple_2.jpg
297 KB, 804x1262
You're paying for the name. I have a Yeti, and later bought pic related for $30.

Compared them with cold water and couldn't tell a difference. I didn't use a thermometer or anything, but they felt the same to me.
>>
>>7633316
It won't work as well with warm water. Heat rises and escapes.
>>
>>7631735
>>7631735
I got a Hydroflask just because the cheaper, offbrand ones I've owned always fall the fuck apart. I have zero complaints with my hydroflask other than that they're kind of fragile.

I just like to buy something and not have it fall apart.
>>
>>7633316
I haven't tried hot liquids with my 40 oz flask, but my 21 oz kept coffee burn-my-mouth hot for six hours. I think it's the different cap design; the 21 oz has this thick plug of a cap that probably keeps heat in better than the 40 oz 's more shallow cap.
>>
Yeti coolers are pretty god tier but all the cups and stuff are literally indistinguishable from anything else that do the same. You are paying for the name.

And if you want to pay for the name get a zojirushi.

Also inb4
>30oz amerifat
>>
I bought a cheaper copy of that names "Big Boss" in Amazon.

Worked exactly the same for half the price. Took 27 hours for the ice to be completely melted (only added water to it), then closed the sippy lid.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.