[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on mineral and/or sparkling water? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (835 KB, 1130x496) Image search: [Google]
image.png
835 KB, 1130x496
What are your thoughts on mineral and/or sparkling water?

I've started drinking it instead of soda and juice because I'm trying to cut out as much sugar as I can so I don't get diabetes and get fat, and I hate diet soda because of the taste that shit probably gives you cancer

Anyways...I like it, I used to think it was pretentious faggy stuff, but I like the carbonation of sparkling water and it tastes better than just plain water imo
>>
>>7626700
its for fags
>>
Dude most definitely. San Pellegrino and Perrier are top tier, with my preference being towards Pellgrino's mineral profile. They've been producing it since 1395, and it is even said that Leonardo da Vinci visited the province where it's produced, Bergamo, in 1509 to write a treatise on its miraculous powers. In short, this preconceived notion of homosexual vibes surrounding mineral or sparkling water is mostly illusory.

I love juice and coffee but I feel you on wanting to cut down on sugar, and so a rule I only have water or sparkling water with meals to balance it out.
>>
flavored sparkling water is fantastic when it's done right, but the marketing and design is a clusterfuck.

flavors from the same line/company can vary wildly in quality. did you like that peach-pear la croix? well follow it up with their chalk-tasting cran-raspberry!

kroger's store brand raspberry and mandarin orange were literally the best fruit flavorings i've ever had in any drink. now they've quietly redesigned their line with the cheapest flavorings and raised the price to near la croix levels.

it's all overpriced and consistently swathed in awful graphic design like it's a "brand statement" or something.

stymieing
>>
>>7626700
>probably gives you cancer
i wonder when this meme started
is it when scientists force fed canadian lab rats a thousand times more artificial sweetener than a human could consume in a month and they got cancer?
>>
>>7628798
t. artificial sweetener shill
>>
it's ok
>>
>>7626700

You may not get fat from the sugar but all that carbonic acid is still going to destroy your teeth and insides....
>>
>>7630567
Still way less acidic than soda which has phosphoric acid as well as carbonic acid
>>
Flavored sparkling water is good but for some reason plain sparkling water is disgusting to me.
>>
I prefer regular seltzer
>>
>>7628992
hippie new age shill
Enjoy your fake vitamins and overpriced bullshit
>>
I picked it up in the last month or so as a substitute for beer.

It does the job of giving me something carbonated to drink, so I like it.
>>
Just drink regular water you fucking faggot.
That stuff tastes like ass.

Why were you ever drinking soda so much in the first place?
>>
Really disgusting. I enjoy soda though.
>>
>>7630567
Yeah because carbonic acid is going to do shit to your esophagus and especially your stomach, which has a pH of 1.5-2, stop talking out your ass.
>>
>>7632101
I like the carbonation, I don't know why. I also don't really like drinking just plain water with meals for some reason. And I didn't drink soda that much, I just said I stopped drinking it period and drink this now in place of all sugary drinks, except Gatorade which I drink once in a while
>>
>>7632449
On a slightly related note when I started drinking sparkling water I would drink around 4-5 bottles a day for around two weeks; I then started having horrible stomach pains as well as diarrhea. I'm guessing sparkling/mineral water effects people differently cause now I can't have more than 4 bottles a week before the pains come back.
>>
>>7626700
I cut out soda from my diet entirely and replaced it with La Croix, easily one of the best health decisions of my life. Sparkling water noticably softens tooth enamel but not nearly as much as Pepsi or Sprite. Go for the unflavored, the flavors are always really inconsistent.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.