[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about ceramic coated pans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 615EsS0Y1QL._SX522_[1].jpg (11 KB, 522x290) Image search: [Google]
615EsS0Y1QL._SX522_[1].jpg
11 KB, 522x290
How do you feel about ceramic coated pans?
>>
>>7626396
first time posting so forgive me if i am doing anything wrong. Speaking as a former member on the executive board at a very well known tomato ketchup brand (begins with S and sends with R) i can tell you that the tomatoes and chafe declue used in our products is grown mostly in canada and the pacific northwest. some other brands (mostly those of con-agra and Dakwell) also use crops raised by some of our farmers. in 2008, the administration for agricultural safety had shut down nearly 1,400 farms we sourced from. S _ _ _ _ _ R nearly declared bankruptcy because of the shortages. strangely, demand grew 200% still after we were back at full production even after knews was public of the shutdown. i resigend from the company in 2013, and know they were planning on using canadian hydroponic tomatoes exclusively for all products. burger king also uses hydro tomatoes which have (scientifically proven) 70 to 73% less flavor than a tomato grown in clay/clump earth or even paper dairy method farming. I'm not sure if this helps but maybe the answer is the canadian water-exclusive raised tomatoes having less flavor, combined with the possible introduction of flavor contributed by fracked /leaked "natural" gas into water reservoirs. in 2015 nearly 800,000 river samples from new mexico to alaska had tested trace to toxic levels. toxic was only reported in a few small towns that were eventually permanently closed.

sidenote: these hydro tomatoes are also strangely the only tomatoes the faa has approved for use in meals (fresh).
>>
>>7626403
>>7626403
this
>>
>>7626403
tl;dr
>>
>>7626396
mother bought one a wek ago, takes a bit more to get warm (vitro), but it is unsticky as fuck
>>
File: green_pan_620x413_3.jpg (64 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
green_pan_620x413_3.jpg
64 KB, 620x413
i have two. problem is that they get HOT AS FUCK! when i started using them, i burned my shit a few times till i got used to it. even for searing meat, medium heat at MAX.
also, i feel like they are rather sticky, compared to other non-stick pans. i use the greenpan ones, pic related
>>
I loved the one I have until fiance used metal on it and scratched it. Went from nothing sticking at all to every thing sticking once it got scratched.
>>
>>7626396
If they are so good, how comes they aren't cast iron?
>>
>>7626403
>knews
>>
Crap, coating breaks down after two weeks.
>>
Had a cheap one and the coating stopped working after a bit over a month.

Didn't use metal or anything either.
>>
>>7627138
>>7627195
I found a small frying pan at Ross about a year ago and loved it.
Last month, I saw a set of three from the same manufacturer at Marshall's for $29.98 and bought that, too.
Maybe it's because it's a Swiss brand made in Italy, but whatever the fuck it is, these are among my favourite pans.
I'd guess that if you don't cook like a retard, the pans will last you an eternity.
>>
>>7626403
nice one
>>
The non-stick is excellent but also fragile, if you so much as stack another pan on top then the coating will scuff and loses its non-stick.

I'm seeing more of them come with felt or silicon protectors because they know you'll stack them anyway, but mine did not.

Also don't let your dumb roommate start "gently" cleaning it with steel wool when it starts to get sticky, that only makes it worse.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.